The crap some people eat..

2»

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Could have at least put a smiley in there to acknowledge I was making a joke? :);):D

your right
    :)
  • It's a shame it costs so much to eat really healthy food.
    You are so right. Bag of apples - $2.50 Bag of Doritos $1.19

Sometimes it doesnt seem fair.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I wouldn't eat an apple if it were the last food on earth! GROSS...

Doritos and Dr Pepper can make me smile and include a little Debbie Nutty bar and then I'm in love!! :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Get_Right wrote:
    I dont necessarily eat healthy, but naturally

such as grass fed ground beef for those burgers (still fatty, but less bad stuff)
    organic deep fried chicken wings-yum

How are you suppose to know if it is grass fed? I think the ground beef that I eat smokes cigarettes.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Danimal wrote:
    How are you suppose to know if it is grass fed? I think the ground beef that I eat smokes cigarettes.
    Dude. That was awesome. I hate this expression, but [size=+2]LOL!!![/size]

• in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Danimal wrote:

hehehehe :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Get_Right wrote:
    true, but its rare that you see a FAT person with good eating habits

well I consider myself to be pretty fat at the moment, and I'm sitting here eating tofu and carrot salad on a whole wheat wrap and drinking water.
  • Well I live mostly on frozen boritos and pizzas, so I'm not exactly the healthiest, but watching adults eat sweets as meals like little unsupervised children is a fucking disgusting.

:D

that's the problem with being adult...trying to at least pretend to be responsible. ;)

that said, more often than not i really do try and eat healthy....and usually do. but oh yes, i definitely have my cravings and binging moments....and i love so many sweet/fatty/spicy foods. yikes!

if you 'are what you eat'....well i far rather be a decadent dark chocolate bar than even the tastiest of berries. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

well I consider myself to be pretty fat at the moment, and I'm sitting here eating tofu and carrot salad on a whole wheat wrap and drinking water.

well then your an exception

have your eating habits always been good?
    or is that a new found passion to combat the weight?
    Danimal wrote:

that is hilarious!

ask your butcher
    the stuff in your typical meat case is not grass fed (most likely)

meat, poultry and fish probably account for 70% of the food budget
    and I agree that the prices for better quality foods are outrageous
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    i love white castle burgers, and 7eleven chilli dogs, along with knishes from street carts here in manhattan, oh yeah very healthy no no ?? ......he he he
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • i love white castle burgers, and 7eleven chilli dogs, along with knishes from street carts here in manhattan, oh yeah very healthy no no ?? ......he he he
    Oh man, 7/11 chili dogs!!! I thought I was the only one. Cheers to you, Jose.

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Some of the stuff people eat in my breakroom at work for meals boggles my mind.. How does Cheetos, a Twix bar and mountain dew make a meal???.. And then they act like I'm weird because I'm already thin, yet eating an apple. Like I should be enjoying whatever I want because I'm already thin. :rolleyes:

Yeah I get that too - 'but you're so skinny, you can eat anything'. Wrong. I'm skinny because I don't just eat anything (and EVERYTHING). I enjoy healthy food - its simply about building habits and knowing that you feel better if you eat better. And a jar of organic peanut butter, whole wheat bread, and organic apples isn't that expensive, and will last several days. Junk food is more expensive.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Get_Right wrote:
    well then your an exception

have your eating habits always been good?
    or is that a new found passion to combat the weight?

no they've always been pretty good (well I can't really remember back to being a kid but I think they were fine for a kid). I was basically born into knowing I can't eat like other people, and for the most part I haven't. If I eat less than 1000 calories/day and work out to my fullest potential every day for extended periods, then I am thinner. but I don't think eating less than 1000 calories every day, especially on my work out schedule is "healthy." Oh and I can't really work out to my fullest potential until the 28th when a new gym near me opens...until then I'm stuck in a gym where I find impossible to do any type of weight training so all I can do is cardio.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Oh man, 7/11 chili dogs!!! I thought I was the only one. Cheers to you, Jose.

yeah drty i forgot about you like those also cheers right back at you have a great holiday season if you celebrate ....:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JaneNY wrote:
    Yeah I get that too - 'but you're so skinny, you can eat anything'. Wrong. I'm skinny because I don't just eat anything (and EVERYTHING). I enjoy healthy food - its simply about building habits and knowing that you feel better if you eat better. And a jar of organic peanut butter, whole wheat bread, and organic apples isn't that expensive, and will last several days. Junk food is more expensive.

absolutely! nutritionally, junk food is by FAR the most 'expensive' food out there.....b/c all you get is empty calories with next to no nutrional value.

it is a shame that truly good for you foods SEEM so much more expensive, and it does hurt the wallet a bit more overall......but in the long run, far cheaper b/c it is by far so much more healthy, so live better/stronger....and not be throwing $$$ at filling foods with no nutrient value.

it's just too damn bad that so many horrible foods taste so damn good! :p

some of the truly BEST healthy foods out there are totally, utterly delicious tho...i love a really well made, healthy meal!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

"it is a shame that truly good for you foods SEEM so much more expensive, and it does hurt the wallet a bit more overall......but in the long run, far cheaper b/c it is by far so much more healthy, so live better/stronger....and not be throwing $$$ at filling foods with no nutrient value."

Wait a minute......if you eat healthy you live longer....if you live longer then you have to spend more money to eat to keep going.

EAT CRAPPY AND SPEND LESS MONEY!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Danimal wrote:
    "it is a shame that truly good for you foods SEEM so much more expensive, and it does hurt the wallet a bit more overall......but in the long run, far cheaper b/c it is by far so much more healthy, so live better/stronger....and not be throwing $$$ at filling foods with no nutrient value."

Wait a minute......if you eat healthy you live longer....if you live longer then you have to spend more money to eat to keep going.

EAT CRAPPY AND SPEND LESS MONEY!

I still don't understand where people get this idea. This certainly isn't the case in Canada. I haven't shopped for groceries in the US in about a year, so I hope it hasn't gone downhill that fast to the south.

Going purely on quantity of each item, bread, potato, meat, salad etc... at any fast food chain, you get easily a few times (or much more in some cases) for the same price by hitting up the grocery store.

For a lot of people the concept of what food is has become severely damaged via product advertising by some dude who wants to spin a buck off you more than anything.

For those people that need food ready instantly, and loaded with salt, sugar, fat and a host of chemicals to feel satiated, I would suggest to never trying any of the harder drugs, as that type of personality trait towards food is akin to a crack addicts desire in the drug world. Most fast food and junk food creates a drug like induced sensation in the brain.

If you ever get a change to really detoxify, and get into a high level of fitness, you'll realize that the buzz you get is pretty much a perpetual feeling. Mostly the reason why so many health "freaks" once they discover this secret adopt readily towards a complete lifestyle change and never look back, while other people just disassociate and call them health "nuts".
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    "while other people just disassociate and call them health "nuts"."

Nope. I just call them crazy. Jus jivin'.

You guys stay on ya treadmills...I am going to hit the couch with a Baconator. Everyone is different. Do what makes you feel good!

• RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    I eat healthy during the week but once the weekend comes I eat all the pizza and drink all the beer i can handle.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    RockMan wrote:
    I eat healthy during the week but once the weekend comes I eat all the pizza and drink all the beer i can handle.

Same here..Monday to Friday evening i'm a health nut, but come Friday evening to Sunday night, I eat like Rosie O'donnell at a Vegas buffet and drink more than all the Baldwin brothers combined..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • there is a key to healthy eating which is fairly intuitive: don't shop the aisles. In a normal american grocery store, all the healthy foods are on the outsides: the fruit, veggies, meat, fish, dairy, and even some healthy breads are on the outsides. basically, all the REAL food. You just don't ever have to go down the aisles except for tea and cleaning products. It is so simple.

I also don't like the excuse people make about not having time to cook or whatever. you know what? I have 0 time to cook, and I don't like cooking, and I still manage to eat healthy. I buy frozen brown rice and vegetable bowls, frozen veggie and shrimp stir fries, pre-baked tofu, canned veggie chili, apples, pears, clementines, avacados, low fat swiss cheese, whole grain breads, whole grain pastas...I make sandwiches, pastas, stir fries, veggie burgers...I mean I feel like it ssoooo easy to buy and make healthy food.
  • The Champ wrote:
    Same here..Monday to Friday evening i'm a health nut, but come Friday evening to Sunday night, I eat like Rosie O'donnell at a Vegas buffet and drink more than all the Baldwin brothers combined..

Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• there is a key to healthy eating which is fairly intuitive: don't shop the aisles. In a normal american grocery store, all the healthy foods are on the outsides: the fruit, veggies, meat, fish, dairy, and even some healthy breads are on the outsides. basically, all the REAL food. You just don't ever have to go down the aisles except for tea and cleaning products. It is so simple.

I also don't like the excuse people make about not having time to cook or whatever. you know what? I have 0 time to cook, and I don't like cooking, and I still manage to eat healthy. I buy frozen brown rice and vegetable bowls, frozen veggie and shrimp stir fries, pre-baked tofu, canned veggie chili, apples, pears, clementines, avacados, low fat swiss cheese, whole grain breads, whole grain pastas...I make sandwiches, pastas, stir fries, veggie burgers...I mean I feel like it ssoooo easy to buy and make healthy food.
    True. I think the only time I go down an aisle is to get coffee, oats, rice, or seasonings.

And the "no time" excuse is bs for the most part. I know people a LOT busier than me who still somehow have time to prepare meals for themselves. It's not that hard.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063

Well, starting this Saturday the weekend routine will extend till January 1st ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    A guy at work was snacking on Bacos a couple of weeks ago. I mean he had a full on little zip lock bag and he was just snacking on them. :fp:
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Haven't been around much.

Too funny, I was reading this thread while the store bought cinnamon buns (full of carbs, sugar, fat, and gluten) were baking in the oven. My husband and I ate all 8 of them.

Merry Christmas :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more