The crap some people eat..

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Some of the stuff people eat in my breakroom at work for meals boggles my mind.. How does Cheetos, a Twix bar and mountain dew make a meal???.. And then they act like I'm weird because I'm already thin, yet eating an apple. Like I should be enjoying whatever I want because I'm already thin. :rolleyes:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you work retail right? I've never seen people eat so badly as when I worked retail and had my breaks with others.. it was rough!

chip chips and more chips
  • Quit braggin' bout being skinny!
    "It's all happening"
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    whoops. i'm in good shape but I ate a ton of chips and salsa. and then followed it up with lemon pepper chicken, black beans and rice. with a lot of margaritas
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • hah I know what you mean. I get strange looks for eating oats & cinnamon, or chicken and green beans at work. Oh well.
  • Some of the stuff people eat in my breakroom at work for meals boggles my mind.. How does Cheetos, a Twix bar and mountain dew make a meal???.. And then they act like I'm weird because I'm already thin, yet eating an apple. Like I should be enjoying whatever I want because I'm already thin. :rolleyes:

Those are a lot of chemicals in my opinion...maybe they are trying to preserve themselves from the inside out. :D
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Some of the stuff people eat in my breakroom at work for meals boggles my mind.. How does Cheetos, a Twix bar and mountain dew make a meal???.. And then they act like I'm weird because I'm already thin, yet eating an apple. Like I should be enjoying whatever I want because I'm already thin. :rolleyes:

Hey! That used to be my pre-race meal!
  • MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,672

wtf? a twix? everyone knows that you grab a snickers when you hungry. oh yeah tell them that you like your teeth and don't want to lose them.
  • I usually have a baked chicken breast, a sweet potato, some brussel sprouts with a glass of tomato juice for dinner. This is pretty much my my norm, sometimes green beans, or spinach, and organic brown basmati with cashews peas and raisins, instead of the sweet potato.

For dessert I toss about 2 cups of organic soy milk, a few tablespoons of brown flax seeds, a banana, 2 tbsps of cocoa, two scoops of chocolate whey powder and a tray of ice cubes in a blender. Makes the most incredible chocolate milkshake, and man does it make you feel awesome immediately.

If I don't eat clean like this I feel useless and like puking when I work out.

I look like the dude on the bowflex commercials though, so it does pay off to be this anal.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • \

I look like the dude on the bowflex commercials though, so it does pay off to be this anal.

Uh, yum!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Hartydog wrote:
    whoops. i'm in good shape but I ate a ton of chips and salsa. and then followed it up with lemon pepper chicken, black beans and rice. with a lot of margaritas
    I'm a sucker for beer with sloppy beer nachos a few times a week, but eating a meal of candy is something you'll never catch me doing.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I usually have a baked chicken breast, a sweet potato, some brussel sprouts with a glass of tomato juice for dinner. This is pretty much my my norm, sometimes green beans, or spinach, and organic brown basmati with cashews peas and raisins, instead of the sweet potato.

For dessert I toss about 2 cups of organic soy milk, a few tablespoons of brown flax seeds, a banana, 2 tbsps of cocoa, two scoops of chocolate whey powder and a tray of ice cubes in a blender. Makes the most incredible chocolate milkshake, and man does it make you feel awesome immediately.

If I don't eat clean like this I feel useless and like puking when I work out.

Well I live mostly on frozen boritos and pizzas, so I'm not exactly the healthiest, but watching adults eat sweets as meals like little unsupervised children is a fucking disgusting.
  • Uh, yum!

I've seen his picture and he is a HOTTIE, but jesus... what a boring menu!
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    sennin wrote:
    Hey! That used to be my pre-race meal!
    and it probably worked. :D My pre-race meal for 5k runs was a Hershey Skor bar and a Cherry Pepsi.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I got a guy that works here and makes his own trail mix at his desk. Then proceeds to offer me some after he's finished mixing all the stuff together with his bare, sweaty hand. Uh, pass.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Some of the stuff people eat in my breakroom at work for meals boggles my mind.. How does Cheetos, a Twix bar and mountain dew make a meal???.. And then they act like I'm weird because I'm already thin, yet eating an apple. Like I should be enjoying whatever I want because I'm already thin. :rolleyes:

I just can't imagine eating all that FAKE stuff...even if I'm eating some kind of sweat treat, at least it's REAL...like organic dark chocolate or soy chips or something...I mean it's ok to treat yourself now and then...but god, think about what you are putting into your body!
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I eat a lot of junk food and I'm sure it will catch up with me one day.

Dr Pepper, chips, candy bars, Wendy's, Dairy Queen, and Mexican food pretty much sums up what I eat everyday! TERRIBLE DIET!! hehehe

:)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Damn, I thought this was another 2girls1cup thread.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    A very large portion of our population is naive to the dangers of junk food, processed sugars, corn syrup, imported fish and vegetables, and mass produced meats.

there is a reason that 250lb woman is eating general tsos for the third time this week-naive or doesnt care

its the doesnt care people that bother me
  • I work at a gas station...job sux...but we serve some fast food there. The grossest thing I have ever seen is gizzards. I'm from the south and we don't even eat this crap. Out here, it is a staple in gas stations and groceries hot prep items. A stand at Pike Place market even offers Gizzards...gross! (And not just because I am a vegetarian...)

YUK!!!!!!!!!!
    Donate to Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness today.
  • Get_Right wrote:
    A very large portion of our population is naive to the dangers of junk food, processed sugars, corn syrup, imported fish and vegetables, and mass produced meats.

there is a reason that 250lb woman is eating general tsos for the third time this week-naive or doesnt care

its the doesnt care people that bother me

many severely obese people are actually under/malnurished because they eat so much fake food.

but also, please be reminded that people can be heavy and still have excellent diets.
  • Trujeeper wrote:
    I work at a gas station...job sux...but we serve some fast food there. The grossest thing I have ever seen is gizzards. I'm from the south and we don't even eat this crap. Out here, it is a staple in gas stations and groceries hot prep items. A stand at Pike Place market even offers Gizzards...gross! (And not just because I am a vegetarian...)

YUK!!!!!!!!!!
    Wait. Aren't gizzards chicken guts? Who stops into a gas station to pick up gizzards? Some pretzels, water... oh and that pile of poultry intestines.

Maybe I'm wrong but, now that I think of it, gizzards doenst even sound like something I wanna eat.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    How does Cheetos, a Twix bar and mountain dew make a meal???..
    If its your original caramel Twix, then its a bad meal, however if its the Peanut Butter Twix, then you my friend have just described the true breakfast of champions.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • I overheard a pregnant woman the other day talking about how she eats a dunkin donuts bagel with full-fat cream cheese for breakfast at 10 AM, and then to make up for the high fat/caloric content, she just doesn't eat again until 5:30. :rolleyes:

I think there needs to be more emphasis on teaching about (and feeding!) school children healthy diets in this country. There are too many people out there that just don't know how to eat healthfully, and many of those people don't care that they don't know.
    many severely obese people are actually under/malnurished because they eat so much fake food.

but also, please be reminded that people can be heavy and still have excellent diets.

true, but its rare that you see a FAT person with good eating habits
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Wait. Aren't gizzards chicken guts? Who stops into a gas station to pick up gizzards? Some pretzels, water... oh and that pile of poultry intestines.

Maybe I'm wrong but, now that I think of it, gizzards doenst even sound like something I wanna eat.

Gizzards are secondary stomachs used by birds to grind their food before digestion. Because birds don't have teeth, they must fill their gizzards with small stones to achieve the same goal. Gizzards contain a very tough inner membrane, surrounded by a muscular pouch which provides the grinding action. Gizzards are part of the group of foods called offal, which also includes beef tripe, chitlins (pork intestines), and hearts.

While many people may recoil at the thought of eating bird stomachs, gizzards are actually a popular food item around the world. Gizzards may be poached, boiled, ground, or even deep fried. Turkey gizzards are also included in the collection of neckbones, hearts, livers and gizzards known as giblets. These giblets are often used to make a stock or broth for dressings and soups. The gizzards alone can also be added to soup stocks for additional flavor.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I am sorry, but I live to eat. It is my favorite thing to do in the whole entire world. I am only on this blue marble for such a small period of time that I am going to eat whatever I want.

For you people that eat healthy...keep at it. Do what makes you feel good. It's just not for me.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    I read this as I finish my lunch of frozen pizza, cheetos, and a dr.pepper.

at least I recognize that I just consumed a load of crap!

I don't eat this way normally, but no funds for my normally fancy oragnic foods :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Get_Right wrote:
    Gizzards are secondary stomachs used by birds to grind their food before digestion. Because birds don't have teeth, they must fill their gizzards with small stones to achieve the same goal. Gizzards contain a very tough inner membrane, surrounded by a muscular pouch which provides the grinding action. Gizzards are part of the group of foods called offal, which also includes beef tripe, chitlins (pork intestines), and hearts.

While many people may recoil at the thought of eating bird stomachs, gizzards are actually a popular food item around the world. Gizzards may be poached, boiled, ground, or even deep fried. Turkey gizzards are also included in the collection of neckbones, hearts, livers and gizzards known as giblets. These giblets are often used to make a stock or broth for dressings and soups. The gizzards alone can also be added to soup stocks for additional flavor.
    Could have at least put a smiley in there to acknowledge I was making a joke? :);):D

Danimal wrote:
    I am sorry, but I live to eat. It is my favorite thing to do in the whole entire world. I am only on this blue marble for such a small period of time that I am going to eat whatever I want.

For you people that eat healthy...keep at it. Do what makes you feel good. It's just not for me.

I dont necessarily eat healthy, but naturally

such as grass fed ground beef for those burgers (still fatty, but less bad stuff)
    organic deep fried chicken wings-yum
  • iamsampj wrote:
    I read this as I finish my lunch of frozen pizza, cheetos, and a dr.pepper.

at least I recognize that I just consumed a load of crap!

I don't eat this way normally, but no funds for my normally fancy oragnic foods :)

It's a shame it costs so much to eat really healthy food.