I tipped my mailman 20$ yesterday......

13»

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    dunkman wrote:
    me, 1,144,425 british and the entire population of China :)

nobody tips anyone in China, they get paid in dust and work 23 hours and 59 minutes a day.. mailmen work for 4 hours a day, put things into letter boxes and get fuckin xmas presents at the end of it all... its the least difficult job since i was employed as "drying-paint watcher"

4 hours a day? Ahem! And this from someone who works(I use the term loosely) in a local government office. And gets 3 weeks off for xmas, and spent the last two before that, winding down with office parties, and bringing games in.lol.
    I wonder how long a mailman works in China?
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    dunkman wrote:
    did you tip the guys at tenclub? they packed your posters up for you, did it safely and securely and made sure the posters were cosy-wosy... did you tip postal worker who drove it from Seattle to Buffalo? why not, he did a big part of the delivery didnt he? but yet you tipped the guy who, after some other unfortunate soul had sorted the mail into zip codes for him, delivered it the 1.1mile from the depot to your door!...

happy hogmanay
    Dunk
    Chairman of the Never Been Tipped for Doing My Job So Why Should I Tip Others Committee

While I think tipping the postie is a sweet thing to do...you gotta admit, dunkman has a good point.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

While I think tipping the postie is a sweet thing to do...you gotta admit, dunkman has a good point.

You sound confused....do you agree with tipping, or TightarseScot, sorry I mean Dunk?
    jamie uk wrote:
    You sound confused....do you agree with tipping, or TightarseScot, sorry I mean Dunk?

I think it's a really nice thing to do...and love getting my Christmas bonus...but I don't. I was simply stating, though, that I think dunk made a good point...what about all the other hands that were involved in getting the posters to your house? Don't they deserve something?

I think it's a really nice thing to do...and love getting my Christmas bonus...but I don't. I was simply stating, though, that I think dunk made a good point...what about all the other hands that were involved in getting the posters to your house? Don't they deserve something?
    It's impossible to tip them all, but the guy/girl who brings it the last mile can sometimes help you out. You know if you miss a package delivery, what a hassle it can be getting to the Post Office to collect it? Well imagine your mailman thought like that, thought he'd help you out, find a safe place for it, in your garden shed or something...bend the rules for you, to save you hassle. Wouldn't that make you think he deserved a tip?
    I gave my mailman a really fancy tin of chocolate biscuits, and he only has to come here one day a week.
    jamie uk wrote:
    don't tip, or don't get your xmas bonus?

Huh? And...again...what about the other people? For example, the dudes at the post office who spend all day lugging boxes of mail and packages onto the trucks. They definitely deserve some love!

Huh? And...again...what about the other people? For example, the dudes at the post office who spend all day lugging boxes of mail and packages onto the trucks. They definitely deserve some love!

hah..you edited while I replied...so I did the same.
    Look, it's no biggie, you just need to realise that Dunk is a bit of a scrooge. You want to tip everyone, he doen't want to tip anyone. He's a miser, may he spend thousands of wasted hours in the Post Office queing to collect his posters.
    jamie uk wrote:
    hah..you edited while I replied...so I did the same.
    Look, it's no biggie, you just need to realise that Dunk is a bit of a scrooge. You want to tip everyone, he doen't want to tip anyone. He's a miser, may he spend thousands of wasted hours in the Post Office queing to collect his posters.

Yes, ideally I think EVERYONE should get tipped...but that's not going to happen. And, dunk can't be as bad as he's coming across.

Yes, ideally I think EVERYONE should get tipped...but that's not going to happen. And, dunk can't be as bad as he's coming across.
    I take it you've never met a Scotsman then? lol.
    jamie uk wrote:
    I take it you've never met a Scotsman then? lol.

Just Desmond on Lost. :D

Just Desmond on Lost. :D

I haven't seen that. But I bet if they decided to cub together and buy a boat to get off that island, he wouldn't put in.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jamie uk wrote:
    4 hours a day? Ahem! And this from someone who works(I use the term loosely) in a local government office. And gets 3 weeks off for xmas, and spent the last two before that, winding down with office parties, and bringing games in.lol.
    I wonder how long a mailman works in China?

aye, i know... brilliant it is :)

p.s. i've never ever been tipped... i once came in on a saturday to finish off a job and the guy gave me a box of Cadbury's Roses... the small rhomboid box, not the giant fucking tin that once used to be a spaceship.

ungrateful :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    jamie uk wrote:
    He's a miser, may he spend thousands of wasted hours in the Post Office queing to collect his posters.

:D:D

actually i'm not a miser... and secondly i dont buy posters as i think they are unbelievable expensive ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    aye, i know... brilliant it is :)

p.s. i've never ever been tipped... i once came in on a saturday to finish off a job and the guy gave me a box of Cadbury's Roses... the small rhomboid box, not the giant fucking tin that once used to be a spaceship.

ungrateful :(

Haha, he was watching your figure mate.
    I hope you don't put the empty wrappers back in the box......that's the worst thing in the world.
    dunkman wrote:
    :D:D

actually i'm not a miser... and secondly i dont buy posters as i think they are unbelievable expensive ;)
    I'm sure you aint Dunk...not much. The posters are a rip, I agree with that one. At Wembley they were £15, and a week later I saw one sell on ebay for £65...what sort of lunatics inhabit this earth?
    jamie uk wrote:
    I haven't seen that. But I bet if they decided to cub together and buy a boat to get off that island, he wouldn't put in.

probably not, but then i bet he'd be captain of the boat and would have a tasty wench uponst each bicep whilst he shouted at the guy in the hull to "leave the fuckin sheep alone Jamie... we have to eat those"
    jamie uk wrote:
    Haha, he was watching your figure mate.
    I hope you don't put the empty wrappers back in the box......that's the worst thing in the world.

i once compared world famine -v- wrappers back into box..

i agree with you :)
    dunkman wrote:
    probably not, but then i bet he'd be captain of the boat and would have a tasty wench uponst each bicep whilst he shouted at the guy in the hull to "leave the fuckin sheep alone Jamie... we have to eat those"

Well, I wouldn't harm the poor lovlies. I'd leave them intact for you to scoff, just that...well a guy can get very lonely you know.
    dunkman wrote:
    i once compared world famine -v- wrappers back into box..

i agree with you :)

Haha, well world famine could be settled with one of those massive tins of Cadburys Roses, except those hard toffees...I can't be bothered with all that chewing.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Never thought of tipping my mailman. Not sure now that it's pointed out to me I will. I mean I've never met them. Some mail has come destroyed. Some mail comes to me that is my neighbors and vice versa. Meh, probably won't.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    DS1119 wrote:
    Never thought of tipping my mailman. Not sure now that it's pointed out to me I will. I mean I've never met them. Some mail has come destroyed. Some mail comes to me that is my neighbors and vice versa. Meh, probably won't.

I always tip our mailperson...I figure it is nice to be in extra good graces with someone who provides a service 275 times per year.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    yes we always money gift them and a garbage people home and at the biz

back home in WI my mom always gave them a bottle... those were the days! :D