I tipped my mailman 20$ yesterday......

Comments

• "Why tip someone for a job I'm capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones." --Dwight Schrute

Oh and...for future reference...the "$" sign goes BEFORE the number. :D

Thanks for the future reference. I'll make sure to remember that. heh :D
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    so i take it tipping is a big thing over in America? and you have the same postie every day? that's funny to me 1. i would not know what the postie looked like if i fell over him 2. I can't say i'd even ever think of tipping a postie.. and 3. I got nothin... and 4,. i think our posties ride motorbikes...

Yeah. I have a different postie like every day. Sorry...But temp types lose out on some tips I guess. I tipped nada...as I can't tip all 17 posties.

Posties. I love it! ;)
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    You guys are the greatest, and you all know that I am the greatest mail man in the world..sorry, didn't you? Well you do now.
    My customers have been so great to me this year, wine, chocolates..and let's just say I used 25% of my cash tips today to buy this new/old computer, that has brought me back into the fold at such a lovely time.
    Well done for looking after your posties folks. Happy holidays.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Our postal workers here each want tipping out of a fifty-storey window.

:D

Joke!

Merry Christmas, posties! Love ya! :D

Especially Sir James. ;)
    Our postal workers here each want tipping out of a fifty-storey window.

Joke!

Merry Christmas, posties! Love ya! :D

Especially Sir James. ;)

Hey, happy xmas buddy.
    I know what you're saying, we got some miserable bastards with us..not this one though, always a tip o' the hat and a goo' mornin' missus. Costs nothing, I even like most of the dogs..not all, but most.
    I'm having some booze later on..I shall call around to see if you're joining me.
  • My wife asked me last week what to give the mailman this year for Christmas.

I said "fuck him..."

Came home just in time to see that bastard zipping up friday:D

nice tip! :)
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    jamie uk wrote:
    You guys are the greatest, and you all know that I am the greatest mail man in the world..sorry, didn't you? Well you do now.
    My customers have been so great to me this year, wine, chocolates..and let's just say I used 25% of my cash tips today to buy this new/old computer, that has brought me back into the fold at such a lovely time.
    Well done for looking after your posties folks. Happy holidays.

:D Merry Christmas mailman Jamie. I tipped my guy $20 in your honor~
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • That was very sweet of you, Paddy!! :)
  • Why tip the mailman ??? here is why:

Newman: "Because the mail never stops. It just keeps coming and coming
    and coming, there's never a let-up. It's relentless. Every day it
    piles up more and more and more! And you gotta get it out but the more
    you get it out the more it keeps coming in. And then the bar code
    reader breaks and it's *Publisher's Clearing House* day!!!"

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Hey, happy xmas buddy.
    I know what you're saying, we got some miserable bastards with us..not this one though, always a tip o' the hat and a goo' mornin' missus. Costs nothing, I even like most of the dogs..not all, but most.
    I'm having some booze later on..I shall call around to see if you're joining me.

Going down the pub imminently!
  • vitodacat wrote:
    Why tip the mailman ??? here is why:

Newman: "Because the mail never stops. It just keeps coming and coming
    and coming, there's never a let-up. It's relentless. Every day it
    piles up more and more and more! And you gotta get it out but the more
    you get it out the more it keeps coming in. And then the bar code
    reader breaks and it's *Publisher's Clearing House* day!!!"

When Kramer yells, NEWMAN is the best part. LOL Great episode. :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i didnt tip mine.. same as i didnt tip the guy who took £129 off me for car tax... why? both doing their fucking jobs... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    i didnt tip mine.. same as i didnt tip the guy who took £129 off me for car tax... why? both doing their fucking jobs... :)

Aaah, spoken like true Scot. Well done Dunk, patriotic to the end.
    p.s. I was reckoning that the age your kids are, you're gonna have a busy day tomorrow assembling toys, and adhering stickers to awkward places..good luck man, let's hope those tight fists are a little more supple tomorrow.
    Happy xmas buddy.
  • i wouldnt give my fucking mailman a fucking nickel....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    jamie uk wrote:
    Aaah, spoken like true Scot. Well done Dunk, patriotic to the end.
    p.s. I was reckoning that the age your kids are, you're gonna have a busy day tomorrow assembling toys, and adhering stickers to awkward places..good luck man, let's hope those tight fists are a little more supple tomorrow.
    Happy xmas buddy.

Love it!

Post of the year!
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    i wouldnt give my fucking mailman a fucking nickel....

....aaaaawwww...you gave him a kiss, didnt you? :)
    i'm not happy yet.....
    i wouldnt give my fucking mailman a fucking nickel....
    Which is just fine. Cos speaking for your mailman, I wouldn't want you to give me a sniff of your fart, nevr mind a xmas gift.
    No thanks given where it's not needed.
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Which is just fine. Cos speaking for your mailman, I wouldn't want you to give me a sniff of your fart, nevr mind a xmas gift.
    No thanks given where it's not needed.

i didn't know you were a letter carrier jamie! mr. dream was a letter carrier for years. loved it at first, but sadly grew to hate it. all good now, has since changed and is happy. hope you and yours have a very happy christmas! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    for doing such a great job delivering all my posters I've bought. He always makes sure they are put someplace safe if nobody is home. And he's a PJ fan. :D

I woulda tipped my mail carrier $20 if he woulda delivered a particular cheesehead!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • PJPixie wrote:
    I woulda tipped my mail carrier $20 if he woulda delivered a particular cheesehead!!

I need the address first off silly. :D
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    PJPixie wrote:
    Gotta love the packer love!
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    pjtaper wrote:
    Gotta love the packer love!

WORD
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJPixie wrote:

you know what MY comment would be on this particular subject..... ;)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    for doing such a great job delivering all my posters I've bought. He always makes sure they are put someplace safe if nobody is home. And he's a PJ fan. :D

did you tip the guys at tenclub? they packed your posters up for you, did it safely and securely and made sure the posters were cosy-wosy... did you tip postal worker who drove it from Seattle to Buffalo? why not, he did a big part of the delivery didnt he? but yet you tipped the guy who, after some other unfortunate soul had sorted the mail into zip codes for him, delivered it the 1.1mile from the depot to your door!...

happy hogmanay
    Dunk
    Chairman of the Never Been Tipped for Doing My Job So Why Should I Tip Others Committee
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    did you tip the guys at tenclub? they packed your posters up for you, did it safely and securely and made sure the posters were cosy-wosy... did you tip postal worker who drove it from Seattle to Buffalo? why not, he did a big part of the delivery didnt he? but yet you tipped the guy who, after some other unfortunate soul had sorted the mail into zip codes for him, delivered it the 1.1mile from the depot to your door!...

happy hogmanay
    Dunk
    Chairman of the Never Been Tipped for Doing My Job So Why Should I Tip Others Committee

How many members does your Committee have? :D
    dunkman wrote:

happy hogmanay
    Dunk

God bless you, talk about living up to a stereotype...excellent stuff.
    I suppose you're already queing outside the poundshop, waiting for the January sale to start on Tuesday, so we wont see you for a day or two.
    How many members does your Committee have? :D

me, 1,144,425 british and the entire population of China :)

nobody tips anyone in China, they get paid in dust and work 23 hours and 59 minutes a day.. mailmen work for 4 hours a day, put things into letter boxes and get fuckin xmas presents at the end of it all... its the least difficult job since i was employed as "drying-paint watcher"
  • dunkman wrote:
    me, 1,144,425 british and the entire population of China :)

nobody tips anyone in China, they get paid in dust and work 23 hours and 59 minutes a day.. mailmen work for 4 hours a day, put things into letter boxes and get fuckin xmas presents at the end of it all... its the least difficult job since i was employed as "drying-paint watcher"

Yea but my mailman is a PJ fan. hehe :D

And really I don't give a shit what you think. Yea I'm in a good mood this morning. :)
    Yea but my mailman is a PJ fan. hehe :D

And really I don't give a shit what you think. Yea I'm in a good mood this morning. :)

i didnt think you did give a shit... regardless of your constipation issues i was going to post anyway.

me in good mood also :)
  • dunkman wrote:
    i didnt think you did give a shit... regardless of your constipation issues i was going to post anyway.

me in good mood also :)

Glad were both cheerful today. :)

This past yr I've had many posters coming to the house. And my mailman has done a great job making sure they haven't got wet, blown away, or stolen. I just felt he deserved a $20 tip. Yes he's getting paid to do his job. But I know the feeling of getting a little something extra from a customer around the holidays. It's a nice feeling and it goes a long way. :)