~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    imalive wrote:
    Yep, 50+ pounds...... and pissed I didn't catch that "eye booger" before I took the picture! :eek: :p

Petey ain't no small fry either!

Notice Big Pete has one too! It was early this am....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Petey weighs some where around 100#, hopefully not more! He puts weight on way too easily, it is so frustrating to diet him down to a nice weight(I love him at 95#) and his muscles all showing and then in a matter of weeks his weight shoots up again! His all time high this past year is 112, and he has worked his way up there twice. I think it is time for a thyroid check! If that's not the problem, then it will get to the point will I should accept that he isn't ever going to be a skinny Doberman! So frustrating!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC00524.jpg

I can't believe Petey is almost two!

oxc

handsome, handsome, handsome!!!!!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    imalive wrote:
    Bump this mofo!!!

Gracie turns six months tomorrow. She's turning into a really good girl and is even sleeping past 4:00 a.m. Woo-hoo!! :D

We've started taking her to a park to run (tired dog = good dog)... she seems to have a "sense" about little kids. When they come up all spastic :eek:, Gracie just rolls onto her back and lets them pummel her. The other day, some little two year old was standing on her paw and she didn't even seem to mind. :p

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1988.jpg

hell yes! a tired dog is a good dog....an exhausted dog is a GREAT dog! :D
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    imalive wrote:
    Bump this mofo!!!

Gracie turns six months tomorrow. She's turning into a really good girl and is even sleeping past 4:00 a.m. Woo-hoo!! :D

We've started taking her to a park to run (tired dog = good dog)... she seems to have a "sense" about little kids. When they come up all spastic :eek:, Gracie just rolls onto her back and lets them pummel her. The other day, some little two year old was standing on her paw and she didn't even seem to mind. :p

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1988.jpg

Lab's and Golden Retrivers always look like they've got big smiles on their faces :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Whizbang wrote:
    handsome, handsome, handsome!!!!!

Thank you! When I'm out in public with him, it's like being with a movie star....everyone asks what kind he is....I guess Doberman's just aren't common anymore, and then they tell me he is the most beautiful fit dog they have ever seen. It gets embarrassing!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,870
    PJaddicted wrote:
    they tell me he is the most beautiful fit dog they have ever seen. It gets embarrassing!

oxc

You love it. You know you do. :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    You love it. You know you do. :D

:p yeah you are right....but it does get a bit much, some days when I'm out hiking with him, the last thing I want to do is stop and talk to strangers, like yesterday...I had fallen down and skinned my knee and sprained my ankle right at the end of our hike, near the parking lot....I just wanted to get in my car and sit down, and a crew of DPW guys were all in the parking lot taking lunch ....every single one of them had to ask a question and make a comment about Petey, I was just waiting for my knee to start bleeding through my pants and them all seeing it happen! My poor ankle is HUGE today!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    a crew of DPW guys were all in the parking lot taking lunch ....every single one of them had to ask a question and make a comment about Petey

Didja ever consider that all this "Petey curiosity" is just a way for guys to hit on you?? :eek: :p

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so on sunday, by buddy came over to watch the dodger game (shut up rob ;) ) and he was taking care of his mom's dog so he brought her with him.....norm's first play date! :o

maddie is a golden-doodle :eek: very sweet, really just a golden with a bad perm...i was worried because this is the first time i've had another dog on norm's territory....so they chased each other on and off for about a half hour and eventually norm ignored her....i think it's because maddie is the most laid back dog ever there was no challenge for norm :)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2191.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2192.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2193.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2195.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2199.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2200.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2202.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2207.jpg
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Don't tell your friend I said so...but Norm's way cuter!! :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

Don't tell your friend I said so...but Norm's way cuter!! :D

he knows that already :D....i won't tell his mom that though..;) :p
    Goldendoodles :eek:. WTF? :D

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1737.jpg

We also know someone with a "Dachsypoo" (not to be confused with Dodgerpoo) :p

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • My sister has a 'mug' - a pug and a maltese.

Just put some pics of my boys on the group!
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    Six months old....and not a care in the world. :p

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1997.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Sorry about the blue-ish tint....I took it with my cell phone and the flash was on and gave it that tint :D

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/jstahl1124/ChloePillow.jpg

This is Chloe in case you thought it was Bailey
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    imalive wrote:
    Six months old....and not a care in the world. :p

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1997.jpg

HaHa !!

When Chloe and Bailey play those big teeth come out :eek:

They look ferocious

Sorry about the blue-ish tint....I took it with my cell phone and the flash was on and gave it that tint :D

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/jstahl1124/ChloePillow.jpg

This is Chloe in case you thought it was Bailey

As Sen (remember her? :eek: ) would say: AWWWWWWWWWWW!

No couches for Gracie! :p

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DrHeidi41DrHeidi41 Posts: 106
    We just got a new puppy last night! My sister-in-law called me yesterday afternoon and told me that her friend had found a box of three black lab puppies in a park (so, so sad), and that she was giving them away to good owners. My fiance and I were both sold on the idea, so we went last night and came home with an adorable little boy! We named him Lukin. The family who found them are keeping one, and they know someone who wants the other, so at least this had a happy ending for everyone involved.

We are guessing Lukin is about nine to eleven weeks old. There's no way we no for sure he's a full black lab, but if he is crossed with something else it didn't show up! He eats like a pro and has spent most of his time sleeping and cuddling with us so far! Our (bigger, wilder) dalmatian, Wyatt, seems to be cool with him, which is a total relief.

I'll post some pictures of him if I get a chance (and can find the uploader cord, haha). He is so cute! I already love him to death.
    imalive wrote:
    No couches for Gracie! :p

norm loves the couch...as long as there is a sheet on it....otherwise no way :)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2221.jpg
    DrHeidi41 wrote:
    We just got a new puppy last night! My sister-in-law called me yesterday afternoon and told me that her friend had found a box of three black lab puppies in a park (so, so sad), and that she was giving them away to good owners. My fiance and I were both sold on the idea, so we went last night and came home with an adorable little boy! We named him Lukin. The family who found them are keeping one, and they know someone who wants the other, so at least this had a happy ending for everyone involved.

We are guessing Lukin is about nine to eleven weeks old. There's no way we no for sure he's a full black lab, but if he is crossed with something else it didn't show up! He eats like a pro and has spent most of his time sleeping and cuddling with us so far! Our (bigger, wilder) dalmatian, Wyatt, seems to be cool with him, which is a total relief.

I'll post some pictures of him if I get a chance (and can find the uploader cord, haha). He is so cute! I already love him to death.

congrats!! can't wait to see pics! :D
    cutback wrote:

DSC09531.jpg

Petey is a couch potato too!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    DrHeidi41 wrote:

Congrats & I can't wait to see pictures!!!

You could get one of these kits if you want to determine what breeds he's made up of! http://ezinearticles.com/?Reveal-Your-Dogs-Breed-Makeup-With-New-DNA-Tests&id=582745

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC09531.jpg

oxc

i love petey!! :D
    cutback wrote:
    i love petey!! :D

and I love Norm :p

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    hartamh wrote:
    Would like to know if someone could help me. I have a JRT and every year she starts biting at her paws. I have brought her to the Vet. and he said to give her Benadryl and to was her paws every time she comes in from being out.

This year she has been scratching at her chest also, and it is raw and she keeps scratching at it. I have been giving her the Benadryl, which really doesn't seem to be working, and it really is impossible to wash off her paws every time she's in the back yard with my other dog.

So what I need to know is if anyone else has a JRT that goes through this and if there is anything else I can do for her. I feel really bad about it.

Would appreciate it very much...

If it only happens during the same time every year I'd say it is seasonal allergies. One thing that members of the Doberman Forum I'm on have been using for skin problems is a product called show stopper. I actually have Petey on it for about a month now, his coat looks awesome, he doesn't have skin issues, but from what I hear from Doberman owners who's dogs have allergies, it helps reduce itchiness by quiet a bit.

http://www.k9power.com/k9_show_stopper.php?gclid=CMrgur7psZYCFQOcFQodXWyeKw
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    DrHeidi41 wrote:

WE WANT PICTURES! WE WANT PICTURES!
    cutback wrote:

PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC09531.jpg

oxc

Both of your couch potatos are gorgeous! :p
    hartamh wrote:
    Would like to know if someone could help me. I have a JRT and every year she starts biting at her paws. I have brought her to the Vet. and he said to give her Benadryl and to was her paws every time she comes in from being out.

This year she has been scratching at her chest also, and it is raw and she keeps scratching at it. I have been giving her the Benadryl, which really doesn't seem to be working, and it really is impossible to wash off her paws every time she's in the back yard with my other dog.

So what I need to know is if anyone else has a JRT that goes through this and if there is anything else I can do for her. I feel really bad about it.

I'm no vet (altho I do play one on TV), but I'm thinking allergies... maybe to food?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hartamh wrote:

i have a hotdog & a beagle. And they both do it. My vet told me it was allergies and dry skin. All they do is eat there feet, i have been using sprays and oils but nothing is working. If you find something out please pm me and i will do the same.
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    hartamh wrote:

My dog's white haired and fair skinned. She gets bad rashes during the change in seasons with the pollen and other things in the air and then she rubs herself on the grass and makes it worse. The vet usually gives her a quartazone injection and that clears it right up(within 48 hours). Plus he'll give me some quartazone tablets once the shot wears off(usually about a month). The only things about it is that the quartazone becomes less effective the longer you use it and its not good for your dog to be on it for more than 3 months at a time. Because my dog only gets in spring and Autumn I only have to put her on it for a about six weeks or so. Hope this helps.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!