~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Wait, why are you not with your doggie? I'm curious about the news.
    I would love to get a rotweiler. People are SO wrong about them. They are not mean if you raise them right. And rottweiler babies are the cutest!!!

you SHOULD get a rott!!!! Those are basically the kind of doggies i've hadd all my life. they are great companions and will protect you like nobody's business!!!! My doggie SURFER died a year ago. He was a rott/sheppard mixxx. He is the love of my life!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    yay!!!! what kind will you get?????? I miss my doggie so much but this thread and all of the "kids" pictures in here really do help! Infact......this thread has inspired something HUGE and i hope to share it with everyone very very soon!!!! :D

Uh-Oh

Sounds like someone is getting a new Dogggggggie !!!

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Uh-Oh

Sounds like someone is getting a new Dogggggggie !!!

i freakin wish. but no. its VERY doggie related though!!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    you are absolutely RIGHT!!!!!!! :D

• CROJAM95 wrote:

That's awesome

Amazing how the dog can do that and indentify when he's having a seizure
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,868
    I took 5 month old Gracie on another "socialization" errand today. As we left the motorcycle store, I opened one half of the glass front doors and Gracie walked into the other!! It was pretty damn funny!! :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    I took 5 month old Gracie on another "socialization" errand today. As we left the motorcycle store, I opened one half of the glass front doors and Gracie walked into the other!! It was pretty damn funny!! :D

That is messsssed UP!!! I hope you didnt laugh loudly and embarrass her!!!! :eek:

heres a picture of Neenah she is pjpixxxies doggie and my goddoggie. :D I just found the pic and i dont think i posted it before.

http://www.photobucket.com/PITDOGGIES pw pearljam

SENROCK! wrote:
    heres a picture of Neenah she is pjpixxxies doggie and my goddoggie.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Gracie swimming....

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1941.jpg

after shaking (check that coat :D!)....

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1948.jpg

and looking like she's in trouble....

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1953.jpg

now, to get all serious :p....................... many of you know we lost our last Golden in May :(. I just wanted to say thanks again to all of you who helped me through it. You know who you are. It's people like you who make this, by far, the best thread in the message pit!!!!! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Gracie swimming....

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1941.jpg

after shaking (check that coat :D!)....

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1948.jpg

and looking like she's in trouble....

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1953.jpg

now, to get all serious :p....................... many of you know we lost our last Golden in May :(. I just wanted to say thanks again to all of you who helped me through it. You know who you are. It's people like you who make this, by far, the best thread in the message pit!!!!! :D

i cant AWWWWWW enough at the sight of that "trouble" picture!!!!! I am BUMMED i wont see her saturday :( That is one gorgeous puppy!!!! Hey, you should post Shelby pics too sometime!

Thanks to the diligence of the ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement (HLE) department, justice will finally be served to the man who allegedly threw his ex-girlfriend’s small dog to her death. The incident occurred on September 14, 2007—a year ago this week.

On that day, Farah Benoit returned to the Brooklyn apartment she had shared with former boyfriend Sherman Haynes to collect her belongings, including her three-year-old shih tzu, Zahara. Haynes would not allow Benoit into the building and began tossing her possessions—including clothing and a heavy cabinet—out of his third-floor window. Witnesses stated that Haynes grabbed Zahara by the throat and then threw the canine to the sidewalk below.

Benoit rushed Zahara to Manhattan’s Animal Medical Center, but with multiple broken legs, collapsed lungs and internal bleeding from the impact, the 15-pound dog soon succumbed to her injuries.

Haynes fled, and for a year avoided both the NYPD and HLE investigators seeking to question him. However, HLE continued to work the case, striving to pinpoint Haynes’s location. His use of a social networking website, plus information from the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, ultimately led ASPCA Special Agent Peter Rivas to the door of Haynes’s new Manhattan apartment, where he was arrested on September 5, 2008.

Haynes was arraigned the following Friday and charged with aggravated animal cruelty, a felony. He also was charged with reckless endangerment, reckless endangerment of property, menacing, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal mischief. The NYPD slapped him with an additional charge of aggravated harassment for an unrelated incident. Haynes, 27, faces up to seven years in prison for the combined charges.

“This case is another sad example of a pet being used as a pawn for revenge in a domestic violence situation,” says Joseph Pentangelo, Assistant Director, ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement. “We see this all too often. I urge anyone leaving an abusive relationship to take their pets with them or place them, at least temporarily, with family or friends. Do not leave them behind, where they become easy targets.”

In an effort to address the high incidence of pets being harmed in domestic violence disputes, about a dozen states—including New York—have passed laws allowing pets to be included in orders of protection. Read more about the link between domestic violence and animal abuse.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so would you call this dog a killer?

well you can now....friday evening i go out back to have a cigar and hang with the pup....he run to me excited and spastic as usuual....then he runs over to something on the ground and sniffs it then runs back to me and repeats....it's twilight so it's tough to see what he's sniffing at...i walk over...

young squirrel.....dead

:eek: YUCK!!!

norm of course was so happy, so proud....i shoo him away and he lies down about 10 feet away looking like he thought i was happy about this and hoping i would play with him and the dead squirrel......

yeah right :o
    Her little "bloomers" are coming in. Man, this girl is a handful. She loves her jackrabbit!! :p

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1966.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Her little "bloomers" are coming in. Man, this girl is a handful. She loves her jackrabbit!! :p

awwwwww!!! i LOVE that picture!!!!!!!

cutback wrote:
    so would you call this dog a killer?

well you can now....friday evening i go out back to have a cigar and hang with the pup....he run to me excited and spastic as usuual....then he runs over to something on the ground and sniffs it then runs back to me and repeats....it's twilight so it's tough to see what he's sniffing at...i walk over...

young squirrel.....dead

:eek: YUCK!!!

norm of course was so happy, so proud....i shoo him away and he lies down about 10 feet away looking like he thought i was happy about this and hoping i would play with him and the dead squirrel......

yeah right :o

dude thats sick!!!! i remember surfs dadd did that once. He hadd a cat and wanted to play fetch! :eek: i was disgusted.

• OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    My poor little guy, Turbo broke his leg on Sunday. :( He jumped from my bed and collided with my other italian greyhound Tyler, and must have hit just the wrong way, leaving his front leg in an s shape.

Six pins, two metal plates, lots of worry and three grand later my baby boy is home with me. I skipped work to be with him, he is truely pathetic. He can't stand up at all, even to pee.

Here's hoping he makes a full recovery. I am sure if he knew I had a three day backpacking trip planned with him in mind he would be extra sad.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    OneLove wrote:
    My poor little guy, Turbo broke his leg on Sunday. :( He jumped from my bed and collided with my other italian greyhound Tyler, and must have hit just the wrong way, leaving his front leg in an s shape.

Six pins, two metal plates, lots of worry and three grand later my baby boy is home with me. I skipped work to be with him, he is truely pathetic. He can't stand up at all, even to pee.

Here's hoping he makes a full recovery. I am sure if he knew I had a three day backpacking trip planned with him in mind he would be extra sad.

aww poor turbo :(

here's to a speedy recovery :)
    OneLove wrote:
    My poor little guy, Turbo broke his leg on Sunday. :(
    Oh, no!!!! Good luck to you and Turbo! I love that name. :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    imalive wrote:

Your dog is so cute I just want to punch her!!

:p

(this is meant to be funnneeee people!)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    cutback wrote:

Just saw these. I want to be doing that!!!! /\/\/\
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    imalive wrote:
    Oh, no!!!! Good luck to you and Turbo! I love that name. :D

Thanks :) I took him for a walk in his kangaroo pouch today (he's ten pounds, so he fits). People were slowing down in their cars and looking at the crazy lady with the dog in a pouch... lol.

But, it was good for Turbo. The stimulation was enough to get him to take a drink :) First sip since he's been home!
  • thanks for the invite Senrock! I have also posted my dog's picture on the doggie site.

My Buddy Boy is 12, we love him dearly. We give him insulin twice a day. My kids love him. His back legs are weak now, he falls down from time to time. We know his time is short with us. But I was there the day he was born and I will be there the day that he moves on.

We also had a dog named Lila McPhee but the punk ass kid next dog decided to give her rat poison and she died a miserable death. It took about 2 months for it to finally kill her. This Oct will be 2 years since she's been gone and it will always bother me that she was taken from us that way.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • momofglynn wrote:
    thanks for the invite Senrock! I have also posted my dog's picture on the doggie site.

My Buddy Boy is 12, we love him dearly. We give him insulin twice a day. My kids love him. His back legs are weak now, he falls down from time to time. We know his time is short with us. But I was there the day he was born and I will be there the day that he moves on.

We also had a dog named Lila McPhee but the punk ass kid next dog decided to give her rat poison and she died a miserable death. It took about 2 months for it to finally kill her. This Oct will be 2 years since she's been gone and it will always bother me that she was taken from us that way.

That's so horrible about Lila McPhee! People can be such pathetic idiots...I dunno, there's not enough nasty names in the world to call a person like that! My theory is that if someone can do that to an animal, they will have no problems doing that to a person...Bastards! I am very sorry for your loss. You have my complete empathy...
    be philanthropic
  • That's so horrible about Lila McPhee! People can be such pathetic idiots...I dunno, there's not enough nasty names in the world to call a person like that! My theory is that if someone can do that to an animal, they will have no problems doing that to a person...Bastards! I am very sorry for your loss. You have my complete empathy...

I know. He really was a horrible kid and his father was in denial. The cops were at their house at least twice a week. He told the school principal that he wanted to kill him. The father had no clue that this kid has been crying out for help for years. And all he can say is not my kid and mind yur business.

We moved thankfully. I just felt bad for the next people that had to live near them.

So my other question. Is it odd that all my animals have like full names? For example Bud Rico Sauve. Lila actually was Shiloh when we got her. We did no think that Shiloh at the time was a girl's name, so on the ride home it when from Shiloh to Shilah, by the time we got into the driveway it turned into Lila then the McPhee got added a couple of days later. Jacob Marley is my orange cat. Meaghan Miranda was my cat who passed away Feb 2004
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Not strange at all...

The cat we had put down today was named Meow-Meow Kitty
    The dog we put down almost three years ago was named Pinkerton Poochee
    and our two current dogs are named Charley-Bo-Barley (or Charley Bucket) and Remmington Steel (Remy). Two-named animals are adorable!
    be philanthropic
    momofglynn wrote:

Have you read "Rescuing Sprite"? If you have to make an end of life decision for Buddy Boy, you'll see how tough it is :(. I went through all the same stuff as the author.

Words fail me for the "kid next door" story. I'd be willing to bet he'll end up in prison..... :(. I don't know how you resisted killing his little punk ass!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    It's all been peaches and cream for Gracie, until yesterday. Yesterday, she got spayed. :eek: She was pretty much of a wuss patient. Our vet called her a "baby." :p She stumbled out to the car and came home for an evening of crying and barfing. It was pretty pathetic. In this picture, she's thinking about barfing again (note her shaved tummy)...

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1971.jpg

She's back on the mend, today! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I don't have a new picture to post....but I want to mark the day...PETEY is 23 months old! He is the best dog I've ever had the privilege of owning or should I say be owned by! I love him with out measure and am so thankful of all that brought him in to my life, because he has made it so much richer.

First Puppy Picture from the breeder....how could I resist???

DSC04153.jpg

oxc.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    I don't have a new picture to post....but I want to mark the day...PETEY is 23 months old! He is the best dog I've ever had the privilege of owning or should I say be owned by! I love him with out measure and am so thankful of all that brought him in to my life, because he has made it so much richer.

First Puppy Picture from the breeder....how could I resist???

DSC04153.jpg

oxc.

PETEY is beautiful.
    Gracie I feel for ya girl.

I'll see if I have any pictures of Buddy I can post when he was a puppy. He was so handsome. He had these amazing blue eyes. Now they are golden color.
    Let's Go Red Sox!