Options

~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,838

Wobbie said:

Scout thought things were getting a little boring so he decided to eat a nail. He barfed it up (on the carpet, of course) which meant an emergency visit to the vet. After x-rays, etc., and a large bill, turned out he was fine. Glenn said he must need more iron in his diet.

That could have been bad! Glad the little shit is OK!
    I was a wreck all day! He spent the day at the vet's and when I went to pick him up, didn't meet with my regular vet but one of his associates. She started telling me all the things that could have gone wrong. Aaagh! Take those images out of my brain! :fearful:

They let me keep the nail. What do I do, put it under his pillow? :confused:
    Yes. And in the morning he gives you money, to help pay for the vet bill.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

Scout thought things were getting a little boring so he decided to eat a nail. He barfed it up (on the carpet, of course) which meant an emergency visit to the vet. After x-rays, etc., and a large bill, turned out he was fine. Glenn said he must need more iron in his diet.

Oh gosh and my family and I were only paranoid about skewers
    Looks like we have to watch out for everything
    Vets are rip offs
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    We recently adopted a stray dog and had her spayed last Friday. She has been behaving a little erratically since and I guess it's due to pain that she can't tell us about. She has also become a little more clingy and fusses a little about being left in the kitchen at night, which didn't bother her before. Can we expect this to pass when she has fully recovered? All advice appreciated :smile:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Lazy
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

Wobbie said:

That could have been bad! Glad the little shit is OK!
    I was a wreck all day! He spent the day at the vet's and when I went to pick him up, didn't meet with my regular vet but one of his associates. She started telling me all the things that could have gone wrong. Aaagh! Take those images out of my brain! :fearful:

Nail it to the wall and hang a sign on it that says

"SCOUT. DON'T EAT NAILS!!"

Scout can read, right?

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    JWPearl said:

Vets are rip offs
    I suppose....as long as you can do x-rays, surgeries, chemo, etc. for your dog :angry:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wobbie said:

JWPearl said:

Vets are rip offs
    I suppose....as long as you can do x-rays, surgeries, chemo, etc. for your dog :angry:

Or have them help you help your furry loved one cross that heartbreaking bridge.

In my experience, they are compassionate people whose first goal is to the animal. In fact, while they should make an awesome living, many offer freebies, discounts and financing for those who can't afford it.

Rip off, my ass...not literally, please!

Maybe vets are different in Australia?

(doubt it, though)

Who P, so glad Scout is OK. Glenn is funny :)
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

Yes. And in the morning he gives you money, to help pay for the vet bill.
    Now I like this idea.
    norm said:

Nail it to the wall and hang a sign on it that says

"SCOUT. DON'T EAT NAILS!!"

Scout can read, right?

Of course he can read! Shelties are the smartest dogs on the planet!
    I like this idea too. :wink:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Wobbie said:

JWPearl said:

Vets are rip offs

Or have them help you help your furry loved one cross that heartbreaking bridge.

In my experience, they are compassionate people whose first goal is to the animal. In fact, while they should make an awesome living, many offer freebies, discounts and financing for those who can't afford it.

Rip off, my ass...not literally, please!

Maybe vets are different in Australia?

(doubt it, though)

Who P, so glad Scout is OK. Glenn is funny :)
    Thanks, hedonist. Scout's a mess but he's our little mess.
    Glenn can make me laugh at just about any situation. :heart:

I agree with ya'll about vets. Mine is awesome. We've been going to him for so many years. He's always so helpful, explains things so well, helps with making treatment decisions. He really cares about our fur-kids and he has great staff that feel the same way.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Wobbie said:

JWPearl said:

Vets are rip offs

Yea I know but they still ask a lot
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    JWPearl said:

Wobbie said:

JWPearl said:

Vets are rip offs

Yea I know but they still ask a lot
    They have to make a living too, ya know.
    When I got Scooter, everyone thought he was Tommy the Cat, because his markings are sooo strikingly similar. So when I took Scooter to my vet for the first time, the vet saw him and looked like he'd seen a ghost.. it was.. shall we say.. morbidly funny.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

Just saw this Who Princess. Glad to hear Scout is OK. That could have turned out really bad.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

Just saw this Who Princess. Glad to hear Scout is OK. That could have turned out really bad.

He definitely gave me a scare. :worried:
    We figure it was because of his magnetic personality.

• Options
    giving me "the look."

photo IMG_0122_zpszbeuofqj.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wet nose :)

I just saw a news thing about a lovely dog who "graduated" from A & M university. Had a cap and gown and everything.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

giving me "the look."

photo IMG_0122_zpszbeuofqj.jpg

Such a pretty puppy..
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I would share a photo of our recently adopted dog if someone could remind me how photos work on this
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    SD48277 said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

Sophie says woof... hi

Pics, or it didn't happen. :smile:
    long over due, sorry guys! photobucket is so dumb these days! Wobbie what do you use to post your pictures on here?

I just noticed it has been 3 months since i posted a picture.... i blame photobucket...

Sophie says it is fricken cold -4 right now with snow. This was taken yesterday. i am working on doing this picture as a Holiday card...

photo 20161215_124800-1_zpswmcmqb3c.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKS said:

SD48277 said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

Sophie says woof... hi

long over due, sorry guys! photobucket is so dumb these days! Wobbie what do you use to post your pictures on here?

I just noticed it has been 3 months since i posted a picture.... i blame photobucket...

Sophie says it is fricken cold -4 right now with snow. This was taken yesterday. i am working on doing this picture as a Holiday card...

Gorgeous!!
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    That picture is so amazing. It's like Photoshopped or something. (And Photobucket has been a snarky little b lately - I ended up using another email address to make it work, and it's still messed up.)

We love you, Sophie!
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Beautiful pic of Sophie PJ_ROCKS. Enjoy the snow for me Sophie, as I hate it, and it looks like your enjoying it.
  • Options
    such a gorgeous Sophie Dog...perfect snow pose.. to enjoy...
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Bubby is begging for more steak... Such a little goober!

Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    First shot I have ever gotten of them together.

Then I got this one last weekend...

Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    And one of just Pig begging for me to throw her Kong.

Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    PJ_ROCKS said:

SD48277 said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

Sophie says woof... hi

Hi, Sophie! You look stunning.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

First shot I have ever gotten of them together.

Then I got this one last weekend...

too cute!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Enkidu said:

That picture is so amazing. It's like Photoshopped or something. (And Photobucket has been a snarky little b lately - I ended up using another email address to make it work, and it's still messed up.)

We love you, Sophie!

It is not Photoshopped. Just happened to get my frozen hands to snap that picture, at the right time.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    good to see Sophie, Bubby and Piggy making appearances! I get cold just looking at skinny, shorthaired Sophie in that snow.
    Enkidu said:

(And Photobucket has been a snarky little b lately - I ended up using another email address to make it work, and it's still messed up.)

photobucket is crap, but it does work for me...I would imagine the not-free version might be better...it actually works pretty well on my phone but, for whatever reason, I usually upload on our desktop computer.

the snowman in Piper's mouth got destroyed, shortly after this picture was taken.

photo IMG_1733_zpsetfltai1.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

good to see Sophie, Bubby and Piggy making appearances! I get cold just looking at skinny, shorthaired Sophie in that snow.

Enkidu said:

(And Photobucket has been a snarky little b lately - I ended up using another email address to make it work, and it's still messed up.)

photobucket is crap, but it does work for me...I would imagine the not-free version might be better...it actually works pretty well on my phone but, for whatever reason, I usually upload on our desktop computer.

the snowman in Piper's mouth got destroyed, shortly after this picture was taken.

photo IMG_1733_zpsetfltai1.jpg

LMAO Piper sounds like Piggy!
    Tattooed Dissident!