~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Joining the others here in sending condolences. I'm so sorry, Austicman.
  • So sorry as well. Thoughts and prayers your way.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Austicman said:

Bubba died last night. Orbit attacked her when wasn't home last Friday and after two surgeries we lost her. Just pure sorrow at the moment. Talk to you all soon. Hug your puppies.

I am so sorry to hear this Austicman. So so sorry.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    So sorry, Austicman. Thought and prayers from us here in LA.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    {{{Hugs}}} to you Austicman...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Austicman, your news breaks my heart. You had been through so much with Bubba. Sending you a hug in spirit. You will be in my thoughts.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Austicman said:

Bubba died last night. Orbit attacked her when wasn't home last Friday and after two surgeries we lost her. Just pure sorrow at the moment. Talk to you all soon. Hug your puppies.

Austicman, so sorry to read this...

Bubba will be missed, but never forgotten!

: (

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Sophie this afternoon...

photo 2015-08-07 14.23.12_zpsklg9lcmq.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Somebody really likes dried mangoes...oh, the dog likes them too...

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    JWPearl said:

im amazed at the instinct and senses of our beloved pets
    i have have had a dizzy daydream and my emotions to the max on fire
    and my dog crawl up to me and lay next to me on the bed
    i swear he could sense me and like feel me and he just stared
    at me for a solid minute and then lick my face then continued
    to lay next to me while i continue to be on fire can dog sense sex
    or something
    how did he know can he sense it smell it or what
    is it chemicals or what ??

This has been proven. The body, animal (human) can sense this type stuff. Not sexual per say, but if you're happy your pup is there the dog can sense this. Has nothing to do with sex, obviously, but there is a glow of happiness that us animals can all see
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    RKCNDY said:

Somebody really likes dried mangoes...oh, the dog likes them too...

:wink:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Austicman, just thinking about you guys.

I hope you guys are doing okay...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Yes, please know huh are in our hearts and thoughts Austicman. Hugs.
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Hey guys. Thanks for the well wishes. Getting there. She had 10 awesome spoilt years and got amazing care over the last week from the vets where everyone fell for her and she got plenty of love and daily visits from me. I'm coming to terms with how it happened. They are animals and their instincts take over sometimes. Ringo hardly leaves my side when I'm home and gets me up off my arse to play with him and Orbit with a cheeky bum in the air wiggle.
    I'm past blaming Orbit. I couldn't look at her for a couple of days but I've come around.
    But I do miss my Bubba Girl. She was a beautiful gentle soul. I always knew it but it was reaffirmed when she was at the vets. They all fell for her in no time and were very upset when we lost here.
    It was so hard saying goodbye. When I got her I had two parents, a sister and a girlfriend of 5 years who all loved her. In these 10 years I lost Mum, Dad and my sister and the girl has moved on. I moved house, lost what thought was a secure job and had another relationship if 6 years end and all that time I'd look down and she was there with look saying "it'll be ok Dad".

But thankfully over the last two months I've met and fell for a girl that has been amazing and she has been a rock for me over the last week.
    These are the last couple of photos I have of Bubba. One is her lying down with me on my girls trampoline giving her Daddy a cuddle and the other is her photobombing a pic of Charlie my girls pug/staffy Charlie(more pics of Charlie to come in the future!)
    photo image_zpsbjsgtqjm.jpg

photo image_zpsi7ktc5va.jpg
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Austicman said:

Hey guys. Thanks for the well wishes. Getting there. She had 10 awesome spoilt years and got amazing care over the last week from the vets where everyone fell for her and she got plenty of love and daily visits from me. I'm coming to terms with how it happened. They are animals and their instincts take over sometimes. Ringo hardly leaves my side when I'm home and gets me up off my arse to play with him and Orbit with a cheeky bum in the air wiggle.
    I'm past blaming Orbit. I couldn't look at her for a couple of days but I've come around.
    But I do miss my Bubba Girl. She was a beautiful gentle soul. I always knew it but it was reaffirmed when she was at the vets. They all fell for her in no time and were very upset when we lost here.
    It was so hard saying goodbye. When I got her I had two parents, a sister and a girlfriend of 5 years who all loved her. In these 10 years I lost Mum, Dad and my sister and the girl has moved on. I moved house, lost what thought was a secure job and had another relationship if 6 years end and all that time I'd look down and she was there with look saying "it'll be ok Dad".

But thankfully over the last two months I've met and fell for a girl that has been amazing and she has been a rock for me over the last week.
    These are the last couple of photos I have of Bubba. One is her lying down with me on my girls trampoline giving her Daddy a cuddle and the other is her photobombing a pic of Charlie my girls pug/staffy Charlie(more pics of Charlie to come in the future!)

Awww.
    sending good (((vibes)))

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Sweetness.

You sound very grounded, Austicman. Hold on to those rocks.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Austicman said:

Oh Austicman, she was a DOLL!!! What a beautiful face!!! I was wondering what she looked like I hadn't seen a pic of her yet, I'm so sorry for your loss....she'll be waiting patiently at the rainbow bridge for you! :)
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Hey, doggie friends! I need some help. Looks like I'll be bringing home a puppy in a couple of weeks. I need to buy a new ex(ercise) pen. I had one years ago and stupidly got rid of it. They look like they've gotten fancier since then. Coated black paint, woo hoo! Does anyone have a suggestion? I can't think that sheltie people are the only ones who use ex pens for puppies. :dog:
  • Hey, doggie friends! I need some help. Looks like I'll be bringing home a puppy in a couple of weeks. I need to buy a new ex(ercise) pen. I had one years ago and stupidly got rid of it. They look like they've gotten fancier since then. Coated black paint, woo hoo! Does anyone have a suggestion? I can't think that sheltie people are the only ones who use ex pens for puppies. :dog:

Oh no.. I have used these and baby gates to train dogs for years. But ultimately, crate training trumps all. Buy the end size, and they grow into it. It also makes transitional training techniques such as separation and distance training, much much easier... Plus it is much more cost effective to buy one item versus three or four. And they make open panelled ( sp?) kennels, so there's no feeling like you quartered your dog off from yourself.

This has been my experience.
    Thanks! I already have a good crate for him. I want to attach an ex pen until I get him potty trained.
  • Thanks! I already have a good crate for him. I want to attach an ex pen until I get him potty trained.

Ahh!! This works too! I am really old school when it comes to potty training. J keep the pup on s leash attached to me. When I move, they have to move.. When they gotta go, they have to figure out a way to communicate that.. It kicks in real quick, and starts focus training early. Have you tried Amazon? They have great selections at very reasonable prices.
    Craig's list too...my neighbor asked if I wanted her old ex-pen, otherwise she was going to sell it on craigslist.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Craig's list too...my neighbor asked if I wanted her old ex-pen, otherwise she was going to sell it on craigslist.

Good suggestion. I found somebody selling one that's still in the box. Hopefully, nobody will beat me to it.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Pearl is finally learning how to be a dog....lol She gets excited when we come home now...she used to be uninterested but Bubby boy is teaching her the way and she is learning the sounds of our vehicles....so she's at the door to greet us, it's so cute!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • I got to spend some quality time with the family dogs this vacation.
    Camping dogs, Emma and Ninja
    Okanagan dog, Soze
    These girls and boy are how I get my puppy fixes without having to get a dog.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • I got to spend some quality time with the family dogs this vacation.
    Okanagan dog, Soze

Beautiful doggies!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

I got to spend some quality time with the family dogs this vacation.
    Okanagan dog, Soze

cute! what's the story on emma and ninja?

we have a guest dog in the house and Piper is being fairly obnoxious....being a puppy and all.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Emma and Ninja are my sisters dogs. She has had Ninja since she was released from her mom and Emma used to belong to my brother but his crazy wife didn't like her so my sister took her about 4 years ago. Emma is the biggest sweetie, takes anything all the kids dish out, but is a little dense if there is a stick within a ten foot radius.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Ah, a dog's life. Our air conditioning is down, where else would a dog like to be?