~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891
    How is Bubba?
    Poisonous snakes are common in this part of Texas. It's scary when dogs have a run-in with them.

Thinking good thoughts for you and Bubba.

wouldn't you think her size would help her? x amount of venom vs. x amount of pounds?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Piper is not yet allowed downstairs without a chaperone. This is what I see when I've gone down without her...

IMG_0229_zps52a1808d.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote: »
    doubt he could catch Piper.......she is damn fast.

not now he couldn't...but back in the day...norm was a fast little fucker lol
    Piper is not yet allowed downstairs without a chaperone. This is what I see when I've gone down without her...

IMG_0229_zps52a1808d.jpg

that is cute as hell and creepy all at once lol
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

IMG_0229_zps52a1808d.jpg

She is so darn cute!!!!

On another note that damn dog next door tried to attack mine again, my hubby was the one outside with him this time and telled at the dog to get away, and then yelled at the owner to put her damn dog on a leash and she spouted off to him that that was the first time she's ever seen our dog on a leash, our dog is ALWAYS on a leash...occasionally we would take him out to pee in our yard not on one, but if he's going on a walk he was always on one and since the first bit incident if he's going out he's been on one...I'm just so pissed, this is ridiculous. If it happens one more time, we made sure yesterday we have all our dogs paperwork in order and know where it is...his rabies info and license info...if it happens one more time we're going to file an official complaint with animal services.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren wrote: »

On another note that damn dog next door tried to attack mine again, my hubby was the one outside with him this time and telled at the dog to get away, and then yelled at the owner to put her damn dog on a leash and she spouted off to him that that was the first time she's ever seen our dog on a leash, our dog is ALWAYS on a leash...occasionally we would take him out to pee in our yard not on one, but if he's going on a walk he was always on one and since the first bit incident if he's going out he's been on one...I'm just so pissed, this is ridiculous. If it happens one more time, we made sure yesterday we have all our dogs paperwork in order and know where it is...his rabies info and license info...if it happens one more time we're going to file an official complaint with animal services.

my last golden got attacked on a walk by a (hate to say) pit mix. what really pissed me off was the owner saying "oh, is he out AGAIN?" If it's "again," maybe you ought to figure out a way to keep YOUR dog in YOUR yard.

anyway, I called animal control....it was a big cluster because the dog lived in the city boundaries but the attack took place in the county...but they sorted it out and the owner paid a $285 fine. ha!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

my last golden got attacked on a walk by a (hate to say) pit mix. what really pissed me off was the owner saying "oh, is he out AGAIN?" If it's "again," maybe you ought to figure out a way to keep YOUR dog in YOUR yard.

anyway, I called animal control....it was a big cluster because the dog lived in the city boundaries but the attack took place in the county...but they sorted it out and the owner paid a $285 fine. ha!

Yeah, we have a feeling that they don't even have their dog licensed...so if that is the case, they'll have a big fine for that. But seriously you know your dog doesn't like the dog next door and has already tried to attack it and you have no idea if he'll be out there it's just considerate to put your dog on a leash...they're just plain stupid...
    Tattooed Dissident!

Yeah, we have a feeling that they don't even have their dog licensed...so if that is the case, they'll have a big fine for that. But seriously you know your dog doesn't like the dog next door and has already tried to attack it and you have no idea if he'll be out there it's just considerate to put your dog on a leash...they're just plain stupid...

yep, bad owners....not necessarily bad dogs.

the animal control agent who met my dog's attacker told me that dog was a total sweetheart with the kids of the household.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

the animal control agent who met my dog's attacker told me that dog was a total sweetheart with the kids of the household.

EXACTLY! And honestly what dog doesn't like other dogs? That's not something innate? He would have to be taught that, wouldn't he? I've never seen a dog before in my entire life that didn't like other dogs, or heard of it...
    Tattooed Dissident!

EXACTLY! And honestly what dog doesn't like other dogs? That's not something innate? He would have to be taught that, wouldn't he? I've never seen a dog before in my entire life that didn't like other dogs, or heard of it...

I totally believe the owners give off vibes....the yappy, growly dogs you meet are always being yanked back on their leashes and the owner's will say "oh, he/she doesn't like other dogs." what? did they tell you that?

@-)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I totally believe the owners give off vibes....the yappy, growly dogs you meet are always being yanked back on their leashes and the owner's will say "oh, he/she doesn't like other dogs." what? did they tell you that?

@-)

Yeah...they told us, he doesn't like "small dogs" and my dog isn't teeny tiny, but he's relativaly small, especially in comparison to this dog...it's just so weird.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    How is Bubba?
    Poisonous snakes are common in this part of Texas. It's scary when dogs have a run-in with them.

wouldn't you think her size would help her? x amount of venom vs. x amount of pounds?
    From what I understand several things figure into it, like the amount of venom and also where the bite was inflicted. I think Bubba is a big dog but Orbit is the giant in the family.

I know it's a lot harder to treat snakebite to an animal than to a person.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Cautiously optimistic after visiting her this morning. The breathing still gets raspy when she gets excited but she was in much better spirits. Been an absolutely awful couple of days. Definitely not out of the woods yet though. Keep those good vibes coming!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Austicman wrote: »
    Cautiously optimistic after visiting her this morning. The breathing still gets raspy when she gets excited but she was in much better spirits. Been an absolutely awful couple of days. Definitely not out of the woods yet though. Keep those good vibes coming!

sending a lot of good (((vibes))) your way

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

we have had enough snow the last 9 days, that i have had to make paths for Sophie, so she could do her thing

2015-01-09123836_zps3340148c.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• imalive wrote: »
    How is Bubba?

Not necessarily. We had a horse die if a snake bite once. So size isn't much of an issue.. More depth of bite, intensity of bite, and location.

How is Bubba?

(((vibes))) for Bubba!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Sending out prayers for Bubba still!

And PJ siren let us know how things work out with you retarded neighbor.. I hate irresponsible dog owners! And they soundike they're not very responsible!
    Sending out prayers for Bubba still!

And PJ siren let us know how things work out with you retarded neighbor.. I hate irresponsible dog owners! And they soundike they're not very responsible!

I will definitely keep y'all posted....and yeah they definitely are not responsible at all...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    More improvement today. Hopefully home tomorrow!

great news!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Austicman wrote: »

Yay!! Go Bubba!!
    She's home! :D
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

Hooray, that's such good news.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    So glad to hear that! Rest up, Bubba, you will soon be good as new!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

B-) :-bd
    edited January 2015
    happy happy joy joy
    Post edited by PJ_ROCKS on

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Austicman wrote: »

Yay!! Very lucky doggie indeed!!
    tired dogs are good dogs.

IMG_0237_zps0c6bc644.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote: »
    tired dogs are good dogs.

IMG_0237_zps0c6bc644.jpg

Very nice. Jammer hasn't been tired for the past 2 weeks. So much cold and snow...haven't been able to go for the usual long walks and to the dog park. On the days I work from home he just stares at me all day with that "take me for a walk!!" look on his face.