black dog
    image1009800 10200161229454110 1042496489 n 1
    photo hosting

" />
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    AtPeacewithMyLustAtPeacewithMyLust Louisville,KY to Toronto Posts: 125
    photo D825C5D3-FA1B-4925-8E5E-3C334C175428.jpg

The little old girl is not enjoying the Canadian winter, but she's pretty cute in her "Kenny coat"
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • Options
    AtPeacewithMyLustAtPeacewithMyLust Louisville,KY to Toronto Posts: 125
    imalive said:

I sure do miss my little girl.....

photo IMG_3547.jpg

I am so sorry about your sweet Gracie. I don't post much, but I have enjoyed all your pics of her since she was a puppy. You went through hell with her and all of her sickness, but you gave her the best life! Hope you feel better, and find doggie love again soon!
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

photo D825C5D3-FA1B-4925-8E5E-3C334C175428.jpg

The little old girl is not enjoying the Canadian winter, but she's pretty cute in her "Kenny coat"

She is too cute! What's her name?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736

well the pooch is going under the knife tomorrow to get an ugly tumor removed. wish kasy luck!

How is Kasy doing?

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    hope everyone is doing good!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,455
    not so much :|
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    imalive said:

hang in there. :(

i lost my zeke a year ago and i still have "those days", but it has gotten easier as time goes on.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    imalive said:

norm says hang in there

• Options
    retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    imalive said:

I know it's probably still too fresh, but have you considered a new pup yet?
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    imalive said:

She was a beautiful dog and from the pictures alone I can tell she had a spirit to match. I am so sorry for your loss.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Charlie, caught in mid-sneeze...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    imalive said:

The shelties and I are thinking about you.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Charlie, caught in mid-sneeze...

I love this! I was lucky enough to catch gracie in the same pose a couple of times.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    retropony said:

imalive said:

I know it's probably still too fresh, but have you considered a new pup yet?
    when I'm not thinking of gracie.....I'm thinking of a new pup

photo IMG_1721.jpg
    JimmyV said:

She was a beautiful dog and from the pictures alone I can tell she had a spirit to match. I am so sorry for your loss.

thanks, jimmy. she did, indeed, have an amazing spirit. we really miss her

:(

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    I'm sure some of you have seen page 5 of Deep. I'm not sure who Nene belonged to, my guess would be Stone. To whoever this beautiful creature belonged to, I am so sorry for you loss and those that share your pain. May your heart be filled with memories of love, laughter and companionship.
  • Options
    wasa1971 said:

I'm sure some of you have seen page 5 of Deep. I'm not sure who Nene belonged to, my guess would be Stone. To whoever this beautiful creature belonged to, I am so sorry for you loss and those that share your pain. May your heart be filled with memories of love, laughter and companionship.

stone would be my guess, too. I don't care who you are, losing a dog is extremely tough.

we cleaned house today....I used to bitch about dog hair and the fact that gracie made it her mission to be in the way on cleaning day :P.....I sure missed both, today

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

wasa1971 said:

stone would be my guess, too. I don't care who you are, losing a dog is extremely tough.

we cleaned house today....I used to bitch about dog hair and the fact that gracie made it her mission to be in the way on cleaning day :P.....I sure missed both, today

I have to say, reading your posts over the last few months about gracie has made me cry on more than one occasion. I hope you are finding a little more happiness with each day that passes.....
  • Options
    imalive said:

I can remember the sadness of that experience. With long haired dogs there's never any like of fur around our house. It seems strange when it's suddenly missing. :(
  • Options
    wasa1971 said:

I have to say, reading your posts over the last few months about gracie has made me cry on more than one occasion. I hope you are finding a little more happiness with each day that passes.....

thank you. we are hanging in. we are discussing our next puppy :\"> .....but it's going to be awhile

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    norm said:

imalive said:

norm says hang in there

what Norm says!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    I have a question for my dog loving friends.

We are shopping for a new sofa. I could not tell you how many sofas I have sat on latetly. 8-} The more we look, the more we seem inclined to buy a leather sofa, even though they are not exactly cheap. $-) But we are a little worried about our dogs scratching them or damaging them.

I know that we are always going to have dogs and it's safe to say that sometimes the dogs will get on the furniture. Do any of you have leather sofas? How well do they hold up with dogs around? Thanks for any advice you can pass along.
  • Options
    I have a lab and a leather couch. Yes you do pay more for leather, but it's very easy to clean the dog hair off. I work in the furniture business and am quite familiar with the product. Leather is extremely durable, but it will still scratch. If you care for it properly, it can outlast any fabric choice. If you let the dogs on the sofa the odds are it may get scratched.I'm sure you have learned that you have many different types of leather to choose from, personally, I would stay away from a suede or nubuk due to oil transfer from the dogs skin. Sometimes a scratch or two adds to the authenticity of the leather!!!I hope this helps!,
  • Options
    wasa1971 said:

I have a lab and a leather couch. Yes you do pay more for leather, but it's very easy to clean the dog hair off. I work in the furniture business and am quite familiar with the product. Leather is extremely durable, but it will still scratch. If you care for it properly, it can outlast any fabric choice. If you let the dogs on the sofa the odds are it may get scratched.I'm sure you have learned that you have many different types of leather to choose from, personally, I would stay away from a suede or nubuk due to oil transfer from the dogs skin. Sometimes a scratch or two adds to the authenticity of the leather!!!I hope this helps!,

Thanks, that is helpful! I try to keep my dogs off the furniture but they have been known to sneak up there at times, surprise surprise. Also, to snuggle a little on cold evenings. If we go with leather, I plan to take care of it.

Since you work in the business, what do you think of bonded or blended leather? I know it's not as good as leather but I'm not sure how it will hold up. My prince is considering one sofa that we looked at because it's so freakin affordable.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    With any major purchase, I think you have to go in with a definite expectation. Are you looking for a temporary sofa that you would be willing to replace in a couple of years, or do you want to invest in a quality piece that could be around for years. Some people like to change things up while styles and trends evolve, others have a clear idea of what they like and stay with it. Basically, bonded/blended leather are small remnants of the hide that have been placed together to look like one large piece. In my opinion, this product is harder to repair, and less durable. I would recommend leather, there is a reason the other is of a lesser price........If you go online, you will find lots on information that may help guide you in the right direction.
    Post edited by wasa1971 on
  • Options

We are shopping for a new sofa. I could not tell you how many sofas I have sat on latetly. 8-} The more we look, the more we seem inclined to buy a leather sofa, even though they are not exactly cheap. $-) But we are a little worried about our dogs scratching them or damaging them.

I know that we are always going to have dogs and it's safe to say that sometimes the dogs will get on the furniture. Do any of you have leather sofas? How well do they hold up with dogs around? Thanks for any advice you can pass along.

is this the furniture thread? :))

gracie was allowed on ONE couch in our house. sometimes she leapt on to it; other times she came up one leg at a time. the hair situation is not a problem, altho it did always end up UNDER the cushions. did her paws give the leather a little character? yeah, but just a little because codie did a good job of clipping gracie's toenails :D gracie also gave our hardwood floors some "character." she gave our leather couch two paws up.

photo IMG_3730_zpsfa7e8254.jpg

I think a tougher, thicker, stiffer leather would actually scratch MORE.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    OK, OK, wasn't trying to hijack the thread! And at least I didn't drag The Who into the discussion! 8-|

I just figured doggie people could advise me on their experience and POSSIBLY benefit other folks. If anyone else has any sofa advice, please just PM me.
  • Options
    Leather sofa here. Great for cleaning... Between the dog hair and slobber I went thru so many lint rollers and bottles of febreeze cleaning the old fabric sofa. Now just a quick swipe of a damp cloth and its good to go. I thought when I got the leather sofa new I'd be keeping the animals off. Well, I lost that battle long ago. So far, leather holds up well against dog claws. Cat claws - not so much. Luckily the cat usually sticks to the ottoman, which is now covered with a blanket to hide all the digs/scratches he's made. Still makes me cringe when the dog is in spaz mode tho, running around, jumping on/off the couch... Sounded like a few times he'd make a major dig in the leather, but so far so good... Only other thing I can think of - Don't spring for the "extended warranty" as these usually don't cover scratches, etc. caused by reckless animals or children (pretty much the only thing that will do the damage) but be sure to read the fine print if you think its something your interested in.

Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    imalive said:

is this the furniture thread? :))

gracie was allowed on ONE couch in our house. sometimes she leapt on to it; other times she came up one leg at a time. the hair situation is not a problem, altho it did always end up UNDER the cushions. did her paws give the leather a little character? yeah, but just a little because codie did a good job of clipping gracie's toenails :D gracie also gave our hardwood floors some "character." she gave our leather couch two paws up.

photo IMG_3730_zpsfa7e8254.jpg

I think a tougher, thicker, stiffer leather would actually scratch MORE.

not leather, but blankets work with all

photo 20131117_115629_zps479d6bd3.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Keeping with the interior decorating theme . . . :P

Yesterday Django came in from the yard and barfed on the bedroom carpet. The house is about 75% hardwood or tile floors. Why do dogs always have to throw up on the rug? ~X(