Options

~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    hi Norm...

i see you were in stealth mode, to get that picture... ;)

when trying to take a pic of him, stealth mode is all i got...and even then he'll know when i'm about to take a pic :roll: :lol::lol:
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    That poodle is weird looking! :?

you ought to see him run...he's a fast f**ker....gracie tries to run away with a look of total concentration to the task :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    imalive wrote:
    it's snowing again :shock:

this big ass poodle loves to chase gracie around and bark the whole time. I'm not sure whether gracie digs it or not, but it tires her out :mrgreen:

Photo0338.jpg

Photo0336.jpg

Photo0342.jpg

note the barking :lol:
    bet that poodle's hair feels good ...soft and curly
    must be a mix with maybe Australian shep or something?
  • Options
    BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    Bart035-1.jpg

Light years away now...Rocket takes his last walk in Lincoln Park.

He lived a wonderful life.

I miss him so..

I wish I knew then what I know now..maybe I would have listened better..

Maybe his life would have been extended if I had always walked him in the park when he begged me with those eyes. So often I was lazy. I was in my own fucked up depressed world to think of him all the time as my fur child. I would have done it for my son too..but why did the dog have to suffer?

This last walk was joyous but I didn't know that on the long path home he would end up dragging his back left leg. It was bleeding. I didn't want him to do the last two blocks. I ran home and left Rocky with my boyfriend Bart. He soothed his tired body and I came back with the car and carried his warm and spent body to the back seat.

My dog represented magic. He talked to Eddie before I ever did...all my life I wondered if I ever ran into him and I refused to acknowledge who he was and was open to a conversation and I knew I wouldn't talk..if..if..he did talk to me first in a dream what would he say...well I got that chance like I am sure you have heard before one day while picking up anti psychotic meds at Rite Aid..shit it was fucking heroine of the natural kind when I saw that he was in the store too..there were several angels making appearances too and dam I swear light came out of him....little did I know my dog probably talked to him on his way into the store as he had parked next to our car..with the dog hanging out the back window wanting love from everyone...no one was a stranger to my dog..even Eddie. What is cool to think is that to Rocky..Eddie with just another guy with a hand that could pet him! :D

where was I? ...it was about my sweet fur child. I hope I did my best and was the best dog lover there could be. There were days when I would take him out in the back yard on leash because we lived on the green belt and he would run. no invisble fence. :D ..on days when my mania was way out of control and i was imagining what they have proven now that I can mind talk with my dog. I would often.. often say to him with my thoughts..hey Rocket, tell me where you want to go. Amazingly he would stop pulling me around and things would flow..because I was listening!!!

He even wrote Eddie a letter once without me knowing it. :lol: What a good friend. Like Rosie O'Donnell mailing Meg Ryan's letter to Seattle without her knowing it. :D

I miss my dog. I miss his warm body next to me. I hope the guilt that still haunts me will someday go away. I know my dog forgives the times I scared him. I have been known to scream my lungs out during great times of stress. There is a picture in my mind that I can't forget it could make me :cry: really bad if I think too much about it. I would be screaming about my thoughts and the dog would go back to the bathroom which was not really his room and shake and get as far away from me as possible. That tears me up. My partner would often try to protect the dog from my mania. He was a good man. I appreciate that he remembered that the dog was as much as a child as a child is. I would not have screamed that loud in front of my son..so why would I not think about scaring the dog? I guess secretly it made me sad that the dog was so scared cause i guess i wished he could read my mind and realize that if he had the mind I was thinking he had..he would see past my monsters and come up to me and sooth me like saying I can see you..i know you are scared..i will be here. maybe i am just too scary even for humans. I know dogs can be trained as service dogs who help people with anxiety before it gets to that point...wish Rocky would have had that training.

although growing up i had a cat who would come from the other side of our huge house to sooth me the minute i laid on my bed to pout. maybe they have a psychic shield. Thats what makes them sorta aloof, unlike dogs who really look into your eyes. cats stare through your third eye...in a way..

So yea I'm glad I got these feelings out on here..I am sure there are others out there who wish they could go back and change things with their pets...

In the memory of Rocket. :P
  • Options
    ^^^
    :cry::cry::cry:
    That is the saddest shit ive read in a long time...
    I dont know what else to say, but this...written by you know who

"Do you see the way that tree bends?
    Does it inspire?
    Leaning out to catch the sun's rays
    A lesson to be applied
    Are you getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

Have you ideas on how this life ends?
    Checked your hands and studied the lines
    Have you the belief that the road ahead, ascends off into the light?
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

You can spend your time alone re-digesting past regrets, oh
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"

You cant beat yourself up like that. Thinking about all the what ifs and what not will literally kill you. And it will be a slow, painful death. Think of the good times. Think of the good home you gave to Rocket. He doesnt remember the bad times, so why should you?

I hope you can feel better. Depression/anxiety...its a bitch. I know. We are all here for you. Rocket is looking down, wishing you would be happy. He is sad, watching you be sad. He's still watching. Smile for him :D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    :) please..

I'm not as :cry: as you think I think so this we both think I am.. :mrgreen:

Just writing about it..just sharing it and you listening makes me :D ...

Rocket is such a rock star dog..this is me leaning out to catch the sun's rays..

HELLO!

:lol:

thank you very very very very very much. :P
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    taken 5 minutes ago. i better go play some more with Sophie :mrgreen:

100_2422.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Life is too short...especially for our furchildren! Even if it's pouring rain....get out there and take a hike! :D

710995737_2540719339_0.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    HI FRIENDS!
    So I have entered Sammi's photo to the BC SPCA Calendar contest for the 2013 calendar. The photo is in memory of her... As most of you know I lost her in February.

Every dollar she raises gets her a vote to have her picture in the calendar for 2013 :)

You can help Sammi raise funds for the BC SPCA posthumously by going to http://www.bcspca.ca and clicking the Calendar Contest link on the main page - then search Sammi (2 m's!). She will be under my name (Stephanie) from Langley, BC. You can also go to http://support.spca.bc.ca/site/TR/Events/AnimalLoversCalendarContest?pg=ffind&fr_id=1360 and search Sammi.

I don't expect donations, but this place has been an amazing area to spread the word! Last time Sammi and I raised over 500 dollars for the SPCA thanks mostly in part to everyone here.

Thanks for your time!
    <3
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Wow!! Big thanks to Austicman and PJ_Rocks for kicking things off :):D
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:

they're good dudes......so am I :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

they're good dudes......so am I :lol:
    WAAAA
    YOU'RE ALL AMAZING! :D
    rob, enkidu, lizard... YOU are seriously making my day!! :D:D
  • Options
    Lets make this happen!!! for haffajappa and Sammi :thumbup:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I want me a Sammi calendar!! :mrgreen:

If she doesn't get in I propose a PJ Doggies calendar. Proceeds to the wishlist foundation or something like that.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    YES! Let's do it!
    Austicman wrote:

If she doesn't get in I propose a PJ Doggies calendar. Proceeds to the wishlist foundation or something like that.
    I like this idea too!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    YES! Let's do it!
    Austicman wrote:

I like this idea too!
    I was actually thinking of putting one together! :)
    I dont mind doing it at all by the way!!!

If people want to send me pics of their doggies and info on them I can start putting one together :) High resolution pics are best ...

By the way
    We're in 11th place!

i guess that makes us November.... which is the month she was born in!
    BUT that's still cutting it close!! We'd love if you could spread the word :D
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:
    By the way
    We're in 11th place!

I hope Sammi moves up just a little, even if she is a November girl. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:
    By the way
    We're in 11th place!

(((BUMP)))

i do like the idea of our doggies in a calendar..

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    haffajappa wrote:
    HI FRIENDS!
    So I have entered Sammi's photo to the BC SPCA Calendar contest for the 2013 calendar. The photo is in memory of her... As most of you know I lost her in February.

Every dollar she raises gets her a vote to have her picture in the calendar for 2013 :)

You can help Sammi raise funds for the BC SPCA posthumously by going to http://www.bcspca.ca and clicking the Calendar Contest link on the main page - then search Sammi (2 m's!). She will be under my name (Stephanie) from Langley, BC. You can also go to http://support.spca.bc.ca/site/TR/Events/AnimalLoversCalendarContest?pg=ffind&fr_id=1360 and search Sammi.

I don't expect donations, but this place has been an amazing area to spread the word! Last time Sammi and I raised over 500 dollars for the SPCA thanks mostly in part to everyone here.

Thanks for your time!
    <3

Voted for Sammi and bumping your post again so everyone can see the link :D
    And I loooove the idea of a PJ doggies calendar. Let me know if this happens, I'd like to submit a pic :mrgreen:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Sammi has moved up to 7th place! :clap:
  • Options
    pandora, who princess, twisted thoughts, ron, rob, norm... enkidu...lizard.. austic man.... everyone...YOU'RE ALL SO AMAZING!!
    thank you!!! :D:D :oops: :wave:

ps who is image link inc? i'm assuming whoever you are its from here <3 thank you!!

and yes...from what I can tell ... we're in 5th
  • Options
    Latest wildlife rehabs

DSC05981.jpg
    DSC05990.jpg
    DSC05995.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Latest wildlife rehabs

DSC05981.jpg
    DSC05990.jpg
    DSC05995.jpg

those aren't dogs are they? :wtf: :lol:
    they look like baby squirells
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    OK...Here is Monty managing me feeding the squirrels. He would really like to take a bite out of one of them!

DSC05958.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    One of those little guys looks a lot darker than any squirrel I've ever seen. Are they all from the same litter/family? I guess I'm kind of ignorant about squirrels. :shifty:
  • Options
    Can't believe I didn't find this earlier!
    Ezra needs a Pearl Jam collar. Is that a real thing?
    20672_478787955391_590395391_11082108_4939597_n.jpg
  • Options
    Welcome, Ezra! Yeah, the PJ collars are real. the girl who started this thread (SENROCK) makes 'em.

Happy 4th Birthday, Gracie!! We weren't sure you would even see #2. there was no way a little ol' cancer was gonna get you, was there? :mrgreen:

Photo0339.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Welcome, Ezra! Yeah, the PJ collars are real. the girl who started this thread (SENROCK) makes 'em.

Happy 4th Birthday, Gracie!! We weren't sure you would even see #2. there was no way a little ol' cancer was gonna get you, was there? :mrgreen:

Photo0339.jpg

awe... HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY Gracie

and it will not get you either!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1