Options

Feeling ill all the time

GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
What is going on with me?

Okay I feel really ill all the time. I get headaches a lot, I'm tired, my stomach hurts all the time. If I don't sleep like 10 hours, I feel like I've slept 45 mins. I feel dizzy and bloated.

My mom says I'm pregnant, and to that I say :eek:

someone fix me.....!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    go to the doctor...that's the only way to really get a clue what's going on with your body.

hope you feel better!
    :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    go to the doctor...that's the only way to really get a clue what's going on with your body.

hope you feel better!
    :)

Thank you, and I looked into the Doctor and here is my issue:

My husband gets an allowance of a small amount of pretaxed money each month for health care, instead of outright insurance, and I don't have health insurance through work, since I work with a family. So we have to buy our own health insurance. So I picked a plan that was pretty expensive but we could do it. However I come to find out that our 1000 dollar deductible is only towards being hospitalized, and we actually are never covered for going to the Dr. So I have to pay out of pocket for any visit. Which for a cold or something wouldn't be horrible, but something like this they are going to have to run a million tests to find out whats wrong, and all I can see is dollar signs.

While heath is really important to me, I just can't fork over money like that. I don't have it.

I hate America sometimes. I wish I could run away to a place with better healthcare. End rant.
  • Options
    anxiety?

I never though of myself as anxiety prone. Been through a lot the past 6 years. Work changes, marriage, dad had a massive cerebral aneurysm, recently got majorly screwed by a coworker. Always handled it with grace and poise.

A few weeks before Christmas I started having trouble catching my breath, stomach aches, dizziness, getting panicky. It was soooo weird. I never though of anxiety. And, I truly believe it was! I was super down in the dumps too. The blues lasted about 3 weeks.

And I feel much better now, but am still going to talk to my Dr. about it on Tuesday.

The "panic attacks" hit me out of the blue. After some major shit went down at work. I would have thought IF it happened, it would have come up when my dad was sick or during all of the stress of my issue with my coworker (who has since quit YEA!) but it was delayed. IMO.

Talk to you Dr. It could be stress/anxiety. I never saw it coming!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315

My husband gets an allowance of a small amount of pretaxed money each month for health care, instead of outright insurance, and I don't have health insurance through work, since I work with a family. So we have to buy our own health insurance. So I picked a plan that was pretty expensive but we could do it. However I come to find out that our 1000 dollar deductible is only towards being hospitalized, and we actually are never covered for going to the Dr. So I have to pay out of pocket for any visit. Which for a cold or something wouldn't be horrible, but something like this they are going to have to run a million tests to find out whats wrong, and all I can see is dollar signs.

While heath is really important to me, I just can't fork over money like that. I don't have it.

I hate America sometimes. I wish I could run away to a place with better healthcare. End rant.

First of all, take a home pregnancy test...get that out of the way..

Second, go to the ER at a County Hospital. (Eww, I know)

Thirdly, do it soon, ok?
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    First of all, take a home pregnancy test...get that out of the way..

Second, go to the ER at a County Hospital. (Eww, I know)

Thirdly, do it soon, ok?

Yikes! I dont think it warrants an ER visit. I dread taking a pregnancy test. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I hope its anxiety. Or, anything else ;)
  • Options
    What is going on with me?

Okay I feel really ill all the time. I get headaches a lot, I'm tired, my stomach hurts all the time. If I don't sleep like 10 hours, I feel like I've slept 45 mins. I feel dizzy and bloated.

My mom says I'm pregnant, and to that I say :eek:

someone fix me.....!

Have you felt like this for a long time?

Usually, when I've got something similar to what you're describing going on, it's either anxiety or poor eating/exercise habits.

Take a pregnancy test and rule that out! No need to worry about something like that... :)

I hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Yikes! I dont think it warrants an ER visit. I dread taking a pregnancy test. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I hope its anxiety. Or, anything else ;)

I have severe anxiety and zanax is my best friend sometimes....if you are dizzy, you might have an inner ear infection and that is why your tummy is queasy because your equilabream (sp?) is off..
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    Have you felt like this for a long time?

Usually, when I've got something similar to what you're describing going on, it's either anxiety or poor eating/exercise habits.

Take a pregnancy test and rule that out! No need to worry about something like that... :)

I hope you feel better soon.

I have felt like this for a while.. but lately it has been worse. I do eat well.. and I work out, I go to the gym and do yoga.

I feel like I live in a fog. I have no energy, and I'm pretty low key. I'm not depressed, I'm not worried, I'm off work for 2 weeks.. I have no complaints, but I can't get it together. I think I will get a pregnancy test this afternoon..
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

that genuinely freaks me out about America... richest country in the world and cant look after its people properly..

if you lived in Scotland then all of the above would be absolutely free... ok so we might not have skyscrapers and Walmart.. but we have free education and healthcare... oh and kilts.. we have kilts :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ive been sick for 23 days. hope you feel better.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    that genuinely freaks me out about America... richest country in the world and cant look after its people properly..

if you lived in Scotland then all of the above would be absolutely free... ok so we might not have skyscrapers and Walmart.. but we have free education and healthcare... oh and kilts.. we have kilts :cool:

so I can't get said kilt at walmart?

um, is walmart a perk... thats it. I'm moving.
  • Options
    in case those who told me to take a test cared...

I'm not. :)
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Maybe it's a sleeping disorder? Those will suck the life out of you.

I feel your pain though. I've been sick for the last 5 days and my nose is burning right now :(
    NERDS!
  • Options

Hehe... would saying "Congratulations" be too ironic?:)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    Maybe it's a sleeping disorder? Those will suck the life out of you.

I feel your pain though. I've been sick for the last 5 days and my nose is burning right now :(

You know, it very well could be. I have been having MAJOR sleeping issues lately.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Exercise, eat healthy, drink lots of water. Something like 80% of people are constantly dehydrated and that makes you feel tired and causes headaches.. thats the best advice I can offer.
  • Options
    Exercise, eat healthy, drink lots of water. Something like 80% of people are constantly dehydrated and that makes you feel tired and causes headaches.. thats the best advice I can offer.

check check and check....

maybe I have a hormone problem
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359

which is why you NEED to see a doctor and get a blood test
  • Options

Did you rule out the type of "hormone problem" that results in a noisy little human being forming inside of you? ;)

Did you ever test?
  • Options
    $10 says preggo!

:D
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    $10 says preggo!

might wanna check post 13 there sport....:D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

haha, yeah, thanks cutback..

can I have my 10 dollars? I'm not pregnant
  • Options
    Sounds a bit like fibromyalgia. I have it, it sucks, so I hope it's not that. Check out this website, google some others, and see what you think. Also, if you think that's what it may be, don't just go to any Dr. Some DR's don't really belive in it.

http://www.fibromyalgia.com/
  • Options
    lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    dunkman wrote:

See, the kilt is why hand-guns never took off in Scotland. Shove one of those down the front of your kilt and it's competing for space with the commandoes.
    Then start running and see how ugly things get. Worse is taking your six-gun out and waving it around for a while in sub-zero temperatures, then shoving it back down amongst the boys. Youch !! Talk about the cold spoon treatment.

The kilt, best invention for world peace !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Options

Oh, I missed this! :)
  • Options
    lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Sounds a bit like fibromyalgia. I have it, it sucks, so I hope it's not that. Check out this website, google some others, and see what you think. Also, if you think that's what it may be, don't just go to any Dr. Some DR's don't really belive in it.

That would be because it gets diagnosed by just anybody from a vague set of symptoms as described above.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Options
    That would be because it gets diagnosed by just anybody from a vague set of symptoms as described above.

so that means it isn't real?
  • Options

I know someone with this.. I haven't really considered that, just because I felt as though it was a constant ache and pain thing?

My problems a little more detailed are: Migraines at least twice a month, other headaches that aren't as bad, nausea sometimes, being dizzy, feeling like I am out of my body and watching things happen, sometimes I feel like I'm in a tunnel, I'm very very tired all the time, my eyes are very sensitive to lights, (the sun, and light at night), I can't wear my contacts very often because my eyes dry out and the contacts peel.. but then at like 8pm or so, I started to feel fine and awake.. its like all day I am in a big giant fog, and then finally I snap out of it. I feel like I swallow buckets of air, and I can't sleep through the night.
  • Options
    I know someone with this.. I haven't really considered that, just because I felt as though it was a constant ache and pain thing?

My problems a little more detailed are: Migraines at least twice a month, other headaches that aren't as bad, nausea sometimes, being dizzy, feeling like I am out of my body and watching things happen, sometimes I feel like I'm in a tunnel, I'm very very tired all the time, my eyes are very sensitive to lights, (the sun, and light at night), I can't wear my contacts very often because my eyes dry out and the contacts peel.. but then at like 8pm or so, I started to feel fine and awake.. its like all day I am in a big giant fog, and then finally I snap out of it. I feel like I swallow buckets of air, and I can't sleep through the night.

something ain't right sarah....i think you might have to bite the bullets and see a doc....
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

in denial.

I'm voting defective pee stick!

Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")