Nonsmokers, would you ever date a smoker?

Comments

• pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Ideally I would not. I have VERY bad allergies, and when I am around smokers, my throat closes up and hurts SOO much, my eyes water and I get the worst headache. I am soooo miserable and not exactly "in the mood" to do anything. :p My ex hid the fact that he was a smoker until after we started dating...before we started dating I think I mentioned once that smoke bothered me. So, by the time I found out he smoked, I already liked him. Most of the time he was pretty considerate and wouldn't smoke around me, and fortunately his roommates did not allow smarking the apartment so he always went outside to smoke and then would pop a mint or something so I didn't have to kiss an ashtray. :p

So definitely I would prefer to date a non-smoker. But if I develop feelings for someone who happens to be a smoker, then hopefully we can work things out. :)
  • Yes I would date a smoker... why not?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I am a non-smoker, and allergic to smoke..

I actually dated a smoker. I only did because he was my best friend of years, and I thought I could get over it.

I couldn't, it was disgusting. It was like making out with a dirty ash tray, and it gagged me. Everything smelled like smoke, and I felt sick 100% of the time...

"other" smoke doesn't bother my allergies, and I have dated many of those smokers.
  • prljmngrlprljmngrl Posts: 320
    libragirl wrote:
    Kind of got inspired by the smoking thread...

to clarify..I'm referring to cigarettes, cigars or anyother tobacco you could smoke:)
    absolutely not
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Well they don't call it cracktastic for no reason.
    and here I thought that meant a big booty
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    prljmngrl wrote:
    absolutely not

Even if he was the nicest person ever?
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I have, I would. Although I'd prefer if they didn't.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    libragirl wrote:
    Even if he was the nicest person ever?
    even if. I could NOT live with a smoker. It is really disgusting to me. I wouldn't date a person who did drugs either.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    prljmngrl wrote:
    even if. I could NOT live with a smoker. It is really disgusting to me.

That's cool. It really disgusts me too. But I guess I have been lucky to be with smokers who are considerate. But the thing I hate the most is kissing someone right after they smoked. It is so nasty.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Only if his name was Ed :)
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    *dawn* wrote:
    Only if his name was Ed :)
    hahaha, signed. :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 371
    Honestly, I'm turned off the moment I see a girl pick up a cigarette.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    goldenegg wrote:
    Honestly, I'm turned off the moment I see a girl pick up a cigarette.

Are you the goose that laid the.....

nevermind

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • I did... and then I took up smoking myself. :o It never bothered me though. Maybe because I grew up in a smokey environment... I never even noticed the smell or the smoke. *shrugs*
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Nope. However if she was up for an occasional cigar that would be cool.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • smoke this...[
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • ashtrayrockashtrayrock Posts: 167
    libragirl wrote:

to clarify..I'm referring to cigarettes, cigars or anyother tobacco you could smoke:)

If they showered daily and were kind to my dog thennn ummmm yeahhhhh...

hullo!
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Not under any circumstances would I date a smoker.

(Okay - maybe under two circumstances: If his name was Eddie Vedder or Johnny Depp.) :D
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    libragirl wrote:

If the person is freakin AWESOME but does smoke......i have to say yeah. They might stop someday. :) im not a huge fan of it but....its somethin that doesnt over power who they are.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    scb wrote:
    (Okay - maybe under two circumstances: If his name was Eddie Vedder or Johnny Depp.) :D

Heehee for them I would suffer with my allergy problems. :p Hopefully they would be considerate though.

Ooooh there is someone that I hope doesn't see my posts (and that maybe I'd make an exception for) :p Post people post! :eek:
  • Well at this point I would probably date a crack smoker :p LMAO

Ok I am only kidding. I wouldn't dismiss someone for being a smoker. I don't like the smell and how it gets on everything. Sadly, once in a while when I am drunk I do like to smoke a cigarette or two :eek: but the next day I feel like even more shit than I would have.

Pot smoking sure.... the smell is usually pretty nice and I can partake. Wake and bake ?? No thanks... I am not a kid anymore :confused: ... however that happened :p
  • Well at this point I would probably date a crack smoker :p LMAO

Ok I am only kidding. I wouldn't dismiss someone for being a smoker. I don't like the smell and how it gets on everything. Sadly, once in a while when I am drunk I do like to smoke a cigarette or two :eek: but the next day I feel like even more shit than I would have.

Pot smoking sure.... the smell is usually pretty nice and I can partake. Wake and bake ?? No thanks... I am not a kid anymore :confused: ... however that happened :p

Wake and Bake is a nice low calorie breakfast :cool:
    NERDS!
  • Wake and Bake is a nice low calorie breakfast :cool:

Which would likely lead me to a very HIGH calorie breakfast. :p

I mean on holiday sure...
  • I'm a non smoker but there's nothing more appealing to me than a man that smells of whiskey and smoke. ;)
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    If she smokes, there better be a huge brilliant quality to balance it out, like an equal will to go tour with PJ
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Nope.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    someone as good looking as myself who smokes

any girl would be crazy to let it stop them ;)

call me crazy then. ;):p:D cigarette smoke makes me puke.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    Hinny wrote:
    there better be a huge brilliant quality to balance it out

i agree, there would have to be major redeeming qualities.

that's a tough one.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Yes. I don't smoke cigarettes myself and never have (I have smoked reefer on the odd occasion :D), but I wouldn't mind. My father is a chain smoker, he only tried to stopped once and that was when my mother was pregnant with my brother. When she was pregnant with me, he didn't even try, just went outside to smoke. My mom smoked for a very very long time too. I grew up with smokers and I'm around smokers all the time.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • i just began a relationship with a girl who smokes. it doesn't bother me. i grew up in a family of smokers, i have friends who smoke, and i go to a lot of gigs where smoking is frequent. i can tolerate it. as long as you can handle it, it's all good (until you die from second hand smoke, of course. bu then again, i am a death monger).