Nonsmokers, would you ever date a smoker?

libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Kind of got inspired by the smoking thread...

to clarify..I'm referring to cigarettes, cigars or anyother tobacco you could smoke:)
These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I don't think I would
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I wouldn't dismiss someone totally for being a smoker, but it would probably irritate me over time.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Yup, I have and would again.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    only if they smoked after sex.. my wife smokes 20 a day
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Smoking what again? Crack? Almost certainly. Cigarettes? Never...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Most likely no. Unless she is the occasional - I'm hammered I want to have a cigarette because I'm drunk smoker.

Worked too many years as a bartender in a smoky bar and had my clothes reeking of smoke every night to want to date someone who smokes.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    someone as good looking as myself who smokes

any girl would be crazy to let it stop them ;)
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Smoking what again? Crack? Almost certainly. Cigarettes? Never...

lol..sorry I wasn't specific...I edited my post. So you like crackheads? :p
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    lol..sorry I wasn't specific...I edited my post. So you like crackheads? :p

Doesn't everyone?

• EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    someone as good looking as myself who smokes

any girl would be crazy to let it stop them ;)

Just don't quit! The second you quit smoking, those good looks and that coolness go right out the window.

Oh, and I would, second hand smoke doesn't really bother me at all. At bars I tend to hang out on the patio more than inside anyway.
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    fowls wrote:
    I wouldn't dismiss someone totally for being a smoker, but it would probably irritate me over time.
    Yep.
    I get bad migraines from cigarette smoke so I think it would really bother me.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Doesn't everyone?

well everyone but me...I'm a maverick I guess.
  • comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    I'm the only one in my family who has never smoked...so I grew up with it and it never bothered me. My ex smoked when we met, but quit pretty soon after we got married and I finally realized what it was like not to have smoke all over my clothes and to be able to breathe easier. Now when I go to my parent's house I feel my chest getting tight and I hate smelling the smoke in my hair after I leave. Even when my mom mails me a card it reeks like smoke. I never knew the difference before...but at this stage I don't think I could.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
    libragirl wrote:
    well everyone but me...I'm a maverick I guess.

Well they don't call it cracktastic for no reason.

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Doubt it... If I did, they would have to smoke outside and not smell the house up... even then, I think kissing them would make me gag.

In my opinion there is no bigger turn off than seeing a hot chick smoking.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Remember Chris - if she smokes, she pokes!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Definitely not

I grew up with smokers and can't stand the smell

The occasional cigar I smoke is nothing like smoking cigarettes everyday
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    As a former smoker, I don't think I could be in a relationship with someone who smokes. The temptation to start back up again would probably be too much.

I will say that I'm very lucky that my wife even started to date me. She absolutely hated the fact that I smoked and almost didn't give me a chance because of that.
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Definitely not

I grew up with smokers and can't stand the smell

The occasional cigar I smoke is nothing like smoking cigarettes everyday

I actually kind of like the smell of pipe tabacco. Reminds me of my uncle Joe.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Yes. Wouldn't really bother me, certainly not if I really liked them. As long as they had the courtesy to freshen up.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Well they don't call it cracktastic for no reason.

ha..ha...

Although I would prefer a prospective partner to be a nonsmoker, it wouldn't stop me from dating a person if I really liked the. I have dated people who smoked. I didn't like it but usually they would freshen up for me.
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Smoking is way down on the list of things to consider for me if I was thinking of dating someone.
    I'd be far more concerned about what kind of person they are than anything like that.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    Smoking is way down on the list of things to consider for me if I was thinking of dating someone.
    I'd be far more concerned about what kind of person they are than anything like that.

I have met people that I didn't even know smoked and had really liked them and I really didn't care at that point if they smoked. It's definitely not a deciding factor for me.
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I'm a smoker, my boyfriend of 7+ years is not and never has been. I *try* to be as considerate as I can of this.. Never smoke in the house, try to move away from him outdoors if I light up.. but then again, I treat everyone that way, even fellow smokers. I want to have the least impact on others while continuing my nasty habit. The only place I feel compelled to smoke in a confined area is in my own car. If I am in someone else's car, of course I wait for a moment when I can jump out, take 2 puffs and be on the road again.

Peace

EDIT: Oddly enough, in my 42 years on earth, I've only had one boyfriend who was a smoker. =/ Maybe *I* don't like smokers???? LOL
    Just me
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,440
    Yes.
    Zanne wrote:
    EDIT: Oddly enough, in my 42 years on earth, I've only had one boyfriend who was a smoker. =/ Maybe *I* don't like smokers???? LOL

that is kind of odd :)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    i think i'd be more inclined to date one now, than i would have been a couple years ago.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I'm not a everyday smoker. But yes I would date a smoker. I would hope she would quit someday. But I'll still love her even if she doesn't. :)
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,440
    I stopped smoking a few years back. I love the way smokers taste.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    tish wrote:
    I stopped smoking a few years back. I love the way smokers taste.
    :D

As weird as that sounds... I think the last 2 or 3 girls I kissed are smokers. So clearly the "taste" isn't repulsive

Or maybe I have low standards.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"