Options

Anyone else taking this tour off?

VacateVacate Posts: 57
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Even though it bums me out, i just can't swing this east coast tour. This is the first time i have passed up on fan club seats since 1998 and i have gotten some of the best seats of my life through the club. Fact is, i can't afford it, times are tough for just about everyone i know, and perhaps i've just grown a little bit apart from the whole concert experience. I know there are people out there who are gonna say, "great, beter tix for me" or "stop bitchin, your so lucky cuz they don't play the south" but just wondering if anyone else is feelin the same way. Thanks.
www.myspace.com/vacate3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    just doing 1 show. That's enough for me.

It's cool though, save some money and buy what you really need in life.

Pearl Jam will swing around again.
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    No
    , Im sure there are people takiing it off though.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    OmahaJammerOmahaJammer Posts: 261
    I'm in the exact same boat as you. First tour I've missed since '98. I'm okay with it, though.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    Slip Kid wrote:
    just doing 1 show. That's enough for me.

It's cool though, save some money and buy what you really need in life.

Pearl Jam will swing around again.

just exactly the positive feedback i was hoping for, thanks Slip Kid.
    www.myspace.com/vacate3
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Yep

first tour i've missed since 96. Though i did get an Ed show out here and I'm thinking there may be some west coast dates added. But yes, these will be the first Msg and Hartford shows I've not been a part of. sad sad
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    yep, unless a little birdy tweets again ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Yeah man, im out this tour.

Im finding it hard to fly halfway across the world :rolleyes:
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    It's cool, I missed the '06 tour because I was occupied with life. :p

I've only seen them once and dying to do a mini-fan tour of own after reading so many great stories. 5 shows in one week is all I can request off and doable. Pretty much my summer vacation. :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    I'm sitting this one out too.I had to get a new apt.,so that's where the tour money went.Oh well next time.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    I took off last year. I can't possibly take off another..
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i'm out.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    brain of c wrote:
    i'm out.

me too...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165
    Yeah, I'm missing this tour too. It pains me, especially to miss the Garden shows but we've got a baby on the way and it was hard to justify the ticket costs right now.

Boots will have to suffice.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options
    I spent too much on the EV shows, so now I have to take a break from the East Coast shows. Although, there is always hope that they'll announce more shows out here on the West Coast!
    1998-07-10 San Diego
    1998-07-11 Las Vegas
    2000-10-22 Las Vegas
    2000-10-25 San Diego
    2003-06-05 San Diego
    2006-07-06 Las Vegas
    2006-07-07 San Diego

http://www.myspace.com/roccondiego
  • Options
    Vacate wrote:
    Even though it bums me out, i just can't swing this east coast tour. This is the first time i have passed up on fan club seats since 1998 and i have gotten some of the best seats of my life through the club. Fact is, i can't afford it, times are tough for just about everyone i know, and perhaps i've just grown a little bit apart from the whole concert experience. I know there are people out there who are gonna say, "great, beter tix for me" or "stop bitchin, your so lucky cuz they don't play the south" but just wondering if anyone else is feelin the same way. Thanks.

that sucks! especially since you're right in NH.hope your situation improves.
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    would have loved to go but a move a new work new furniture means no trip to the states and no PJ this year. big bum
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Out too - stars failed to align with all the mid-week show nonsense...I did Walk the Cow with Ed a few times in Cali...hopefully that'll tide me over until the boys decide to visit a little closer to home
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Yes... because (so far) they aren't playing anywhere near me...
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I'm cutting back and just seeing two shows. Picking places I haven't been too is my plan. Money is tight this year but I can't see myself doing a week of shows or many dates on a tour. I know what to expect and don't feel surprised at times at shows. Sounds weird I know and kinda off topic, sorry.
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    Me too... seen at least one show per tour since Toronto in '96. I just can't swing it this year. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't seriously close to heading out east and trying to catch a show, but I just can't do it financially.

Still holding out hope they'll announce some Midwest dates... that I'll do. :D
  • Options
    You people are all out of your friggin minds. How the hell can you miss any show that comes around? You find a way to get it done.
  • Options
    I'm glad i'm not the only one. I was feeling pretty guilty, especially since they are returning to Great Woods which is the perfect place to see a show. But thanks for the positive feedback, i feel a lot better about it now.
    www.myspace.com/vacate3
  • Options
    burnerbenburnerben Posts: 80
    I'm out too, can't make it to the east coast, but even if they came around here, I'd only hit the local show.

Normally I do a mini-tour every summer, following music around for 5-6 gigs, but not this summer. I've got to be conservative given the poor medium-term employment prospects so I'll hit 2-3 local shows. I probably won't travel this summer at all, except maybe a drive down south to check out the Baja surf.
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Unless the come within about 4 hours of St. Louis, than "yes". Had the chance to go to the DC show, but work got in the way. Damn.
  • Options
    I skipped 05 because it conflicted with my wedding and honeymoon. Though I did pig up a pink Borgata poster after the tour, which make me feel a little better about missing some great shows,
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Not unless they add some Texas dates. I've flown the past two years to see them, but a plane ticket these days might as well be a freaking lottery ticket or a ticket to Guns N Roses show. Not chancing it (or spending the money, plane tickets have gotten ridiculous considering how crappy airlines have gotten lately). Plenty of great shows (Radiohead, The Cure) within driving distance this year.
  • Options
    jeffgqjeffgq Troy, 'Bama Posts: 97
    man, that sucks to be you guys. i'm gunning for row 1 for the west palm show. im broke as hell, but i dont miss them when they play locally. i just go to work tomorrow and make more money. you adjust your finances for tickets
    August 23rd, 1998 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    October 7th, 2000 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    April 11th, 2003 - West Palm Beach (Sound Advice Amp.)
    October 8th, 2004 - Kissimmee (Silver Spurs Arena)
    June 11th, 2008 - West Palm Beach (Cruzan Amp.)
    November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
    April 8th, 2016 - Fort Lauderdale (BB&T Center)
    August 18th, 2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    yeah, its looking like it...
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    jck33jck33 Posts: 39
    Me, too. Can't justify spending the bucks for an East Coast trip right now - and this is from a fan who went all the way to Newfoundland a few years ago to see them. I'm still praying that some Midwest dates will be added. Please, please, please....
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    Doing South Carolina because we've never been there. We are also doing Hartford and Mansfield (only one show) because we can drive to them. Have to cut down but can't miss the whole tour.
    Hold On