Options

Nightmare Family Members

2»

Comments

• Options
    MagstarMagstar Posts: 117
    Okay, okay. At least I've got my boyfriend. He keeps me happy. Always. :)
    It's okay, Pluto. I'm not a planet either.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Well, I survived my aunt. Now, tomorrow I just have to make it through my grandparents with Alzheimers. It's going to be a tough one...as I mentioned in another thread...this is the first year we're not having Christmas at Grandma's.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Id rather sit around in my underwear watchin tv and eating left overs from dinner but unfortunately this year im gonna go visit family :( Oh well... at least i have something to do next sunday
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Lets see, I have heroin addicts, prescription pain killer addicts, alcoholics, coke addicts.....never a dull moment with hubbies or my families.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Mine is my SKANK ASS sister in law who is a loser and a horrible mom. I HATE HATE HATE HER!!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    Interesting read about all the nightmare in-laws. So do you think in-laws could be a deal breaker in terms of ending a relationship? I'm currently dating (almost 2 years now) a girl who I get along with great, but everytime I go visit her parents and extended family I get freaked out. They have horrible manners when it comes to eating, and about 75% of their family is extremely overweight. They also don't have the greatest genes-history of heart attacks, cancer, going grey very early, bad knees among many other things. What could be my future mother-in-law annoys the hell out of me and if my girlfriend turns into her, I'd probably go insane. Fairly often they catch onto my change in mood when I am around them and ask if I'm feeling ok. I usually tell them I don't feel good or am tired when really I'd like to tell them how I truly feel about them. What doesn't help is that her parents only live a half hour away so we end up seeing them quite often. Any advice? Sorry for the rant.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    All of my family live in Cali. Although some of them can truly be pains in the asses, I would've loved to have seen them this XMAS. Even the crazies.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    my ex husband is my only real family nightmare.

I did him a favor by dropping my son off at his house on xmas eve so he wouldn't have to drive into westchester and back to queens twice in one day, and the bastard wasn;t even there. he sounded like he was either in a bar or out shopping b/c he does everything last minute. thank goodnes another family member showed up at the house and was able to let my son in.
    best part is when i alled him and said "where are you?" he copped an attitude saying "whadda ya mean where am i?" I wanted to stab him - arrrgghh!

then later on that night he calls me hysterical crying saying he is sorry and our son is probably better off without him. always a drama routine......
    totally can't deal esp. becaise his life is what he made it and he still continues to blame everyone else. he is 38 and acts 14.

ok done venting....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    my ex husband is my only real family nightmare.

I did him a favor by dropping my son off at his house on xmas eve so he wouldn't have to drive into westchester and back to queens twice in one day, and the bastard wasn;t even there. he sounded like he was either in a bar or out shopping b/c he does everything last minute. thank goodnes another family member showed up at the house and was able to let my son in.
    best part is when i alled him and said "where are you?" he copped an attitude saying "whadda ya mean where am i?" I wanted to stab him - arrrgghh!

then later on that night he calls me hysterical crying saying he is sorry and our son is probably better off without him. always a drama routine......
    totally can't deal esp. becaise his life is what he made it and he still continues to blame everyone else. he is 38 and acts 14.

ok done venting....

damm that sucks what is wrong with people i mean this time of the yr he should just free himself to be available for your son ,i mean he should get bitchslapped like the god father slapped that actor in the godfather ,sorry your son & you have to see him like that ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Interesting read about all the nightmare in-laws. So do you think in-laws could be a deal breaker in terms of ending a relationship? I'm currently dating (almost 2 years now) a girl who I get along with great, but everytime I go visit her parents and extended family I get freaked out. They have horrible manners when it comes to eating, and about 75% of their family is extremely overweight. They also don't have the greatest genes-history of heart attacks, cancer, going grey very early, bad knees among many other things. What could be my future mother-in-law annoys the hell out of me and if my girlfriend turns into her, I'd probably go insane. Fairly often they catch onto my change in mood when I am around them and ask if I'm feeling ok. I usually tell them I don't feel good or am tired when really I'd like to tell them how I truly feel about them. What doesn't help is that her parents only live a half hour away so we end up seeing them quite often. Any advice? Sorry for the rant.

HA! Somehow someway we all become our parents. it's evolution baby! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Yeah that is probably true.
  • Options
    To those of you who have gotten the nightmare family member over with....I am envious. Our nightmare family member event will be Saturday. It's somewhat convoluted to start with...my first husband died suddenly several years ago. I am blessed to have gotten remarried to my beloved Ty...who was an old and dear family friend. In fact, Ty is my first husband's younger brother's best friend from high school on. We still refer to all of my first husband's family as in-laws, especially because we are so close to younger brother Paul.

So there you have it...younger brother is married to Pam. And therein is the problem. She is the queen of lengthy, inappropriate, and insulting questions. She is also quite stupid. I will never forget the family outing where she asked all kinds of questions about the mechanics of gay sex. I have no idea why. Our teenaged daughter was not impressed. Then there is the weekend they spent with us...have I mentioned that she thinks Ty is a hottie? (Well..she is right on some things)...I got up to make coffee and came back around the corner from the kitchen to see her listening at our bedroom door. Oh....and the fact that she is like the commercial about visiting web MD so much that she has carpal tunnel syndrome....

EEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!

And I'm not going to talk about the redneck brother who hits on all the waitresses....and on my friends at his sister's funeral....
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • Options
    damm that sucks what is wrong with people i mean this time of the yr he should just free himself to be available for your son ,i mean he should get bitchslapped like the god father slapped that actor in the godfather ,sorry your son & you have to see him like that ....

thanks jose! i had some chilean wine yesterday and thought of you! cheers!
    good news is, we are divorced and both my son and i are better off. he's not lacking any love and is one of the happies kids i have ever seen :D

but yeah, his dad's a dumb ass! it could always be worse......
  • Options
    Yeah that is probably true.

It is true. For real. If you don't like the family, get out now. :D

But please, don't hold going grey very early against them! For god's sake, that can't be helped. :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    My parents 130LB german shepard really dislikes my grandma. Whenever she comes over, he holes up in the basement. It's kind of cute, but slightly pathetic.

I mean, as soon as they open the door and she says something, he bolts. As soon as she leaves, he's right back upstairs with the family.

On another note, he's also extremely camera shy. As soon as he sees a camera, he runs for the hills. We only have pictures of him as a puppy, but very few of him "grown up"!

What a character.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    thanks jose! i had some chilean wine yesterday and thought of you! cheers!
    good news is, we are divorced and both my son and i are better off. he's not lacking any love and is one of the happies kids i have ever seen :D

but yeah, his dad's a dumb ass! it could always be worse......

glad to hear that he's very happy kid ,and oh yeah i had a couple of bottles over the weekend will have some more probably tonight glad you enjoyed cheers back to you ....look for CASILLERO DEL DIABLO ,CABERNET SAVIGNO,MERLOT ,you will now the bottle once you see it has a devil's head on the label the name translates to ,THE DEVILS VOLT will get you more good ones ...chao
  • Options
    My parents 130LB german shepard really dislikes my grandma. Whenever she comes over, he holes up in the basement. It's kind of cute, but slightly pathetic.

I mean, as soon as they open the door and she says something, he bolts. As soon as she leaves, he's right back upstairs with the family.

On another note, he's also extremely camera shy. As soon as he sees a camera, he runs for the hills. We only have pictures of him as a puppy, but very few of him "grown up"!

What a character.

so i take it that your grandmother is the problem :D
  • Options
    It is true. For real. If you don't like the family, get out now. :D

But please, don't hold going grey very early against them! For god's sake, that can't be helped. :rolleyes: :D

Going grey at 30 seems pretty early to me. Oh yeah one other thing. Her dad is a smoker and has been smoking for 20+ years. Just this year he found out he had COPD. He can barely do any physical activity at all and is pretty close to being put on oxygen and he's only in his 50's. After that he was all big talk about quitting smoking and making all these life changes, then sure enough about a month later he's out smoking in his shop like nothing happened. His daughter is in the same boat. I told her she needed to quit smoking and she told me she had. This morning I got into her car to get the garage door opener remote and sure enough there was a half used pack of cigarettes. Looks like we're going to have a little talk tonight!
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I have a crazy aunt who phones now and again to tell me about all the girls i have apparently got kids with, and also to tell cracking stories of her ficticious dead husband who died in the Falklands war, and who we have no record of her marriage to as it went down with the Belgrano. It is quite a shame to laugh at her stories i suppose but some of it is absolutely impossible not to find funny. You can choose your friends but you cant choose your family.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    I used to dread seeing my cousin's husband. He just grated on my last raw nerve with every sexist comment he'd make. When I realized not too many people in my family cared for him, I started to egg him on so he'd make more dumb comments and make himself out to be even more of an ass. I've never liked my cousin much either. Love her as a family member and wish her happiness and health but she's a stuck-up snob so I would never hang with her as a friend. She's divorced from the idiot now but is desperately seeking a new man as soon as she can.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    glad to hear that he's very happy kid ,and oh yeah i had a couple of bottles over the weekend will have some more probably tonight glad you enjoyed cheers back to you ....look for CASILLERO DEL DIABLO ,CABERNET SAVIGNO,MERLOT ,you will now the bottle once you see it has a devil's head on the label the name translates to ,THE DEVILS VOLT will get you more good ones ...chao

I have had that - it's a good one!!!!!
  • Options
    Does this include inlaws? If so, DON'T get me started!

...shallow snobs! (I don't mean it. Just spent three days with them). :)
  • Options
    Does this include inlaws? If so, DON'T get me started!

...shallow snobs! (I don't mean it. Just spent three days with them). :)

Of course it includes in-laws, out-laws and all in between!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • Options
    so not really a nightmare, but more on the lines of strange bizarre behavior....

we are sitting at xmas dinner and we are discussing how my 82 year old aunt is recovering from pneumonia and how she refused to go to the hospital but rather asked her 2 sons to care for her. so her 54 year old son (my cuz) slept over there for a week in the same bed, b/c she asked him to apparently. they also watched some movie and held hands through the entire thing. and he tells people this as if it is normal.....

we were totally freaked out!!!!!!!!!! but it gave us a good laugh!
  • Options
    so not really a nightmare, but more on the lines of strange bizarre behavior....

we are sitting at xmas dinner and we are discussing how my 82 year old aunt is recovering from pneumonia and how she refused to go to the hospital but rather asked her 2 sons to care for her. so her 54 year old son (my cuz) slept over there for a week in the same bed, b/c she asked him to apparently. they also watched some movie and held hands through the entire thing. and he tells people this as if it is normal.....

we were totally freaked out!!!!!!!!!! but it gave us a good laugh!

LOL! Just out of curiosity...where do they live? It sounds like a scene from Faulkner! (I have crazy aunts, too!)
    The Daystar

• Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I can't think of any.....does that mean it's me??

:p
  • Options
    like AmentsChick, I have an aunt who is not very nice and I can't figure out how she and my nice uncle got together.

other than that, most of my family is fine. a lot of them have some WEIRD significant others though- they are all nice but just WEIRD in different ways and don't seem to fit with my relatives that they're with.
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    I'm probably the nightmare in my family. When it gets too much for me I just say I'm going for a walk and just leave for as long as six hours. I think they're all used to it by now. If I can't relax fully I have a hard time sticking around. The family politics leave me on edge so I just leave and come back in time for dinner then suggest we go out to a movie.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley