Options

Nightmare Family Members

AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone going to family get-togethers today or tomorrow where they are just dreading seeing "Aunt Mary" who is a total and complete nightmare? Oh, no? Just me?
This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i am, but my family is pretty rad. with the exception on my uncle paul who is a Star Trek nerd. but then again i'm on here with over a thousand posts, so who am i to be talkin :o
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Anyone going to family get-togethers today or tomorrow where they are just dreading seeing "Aunt Mary" who is a total and complete nightmare? Oh, no? Just me?

I've got a couple of those coming my way during our Xmas travels...thank god there's a bar in everyone's house.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    usually, not really. thankfully, don't subject ourselves to such anymore. however, WILL be seeing the bro-in-law tonight, joining us for dinner. he is nice enough, but not exactly the classiest guy....and add the fact that he got dumped this year...he will drink too much.....and you get the picture. i hope it doesn't get too ugly, b/c i just want to have a nice meal and then go home with my husband, not sit thru drunken tears with his brother. ack!

be strong! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,395
    Most of my real family is dead, but the extended family that appeared with my mother-in-law's re-marriage and my mom's re-marriage is awful. There's something so repulsive about cranky old men. :p

Luckily I don't have to see them this year!! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    I have two I'm not looking forward to seeing...for completely different reasons. My dad's sister...who I just have never gotten along with. To be quite blunt...she's a bitch!! The other is my dad's cousin who is staying in my old bedroom. She's not mean or anything, but just has no personality. It's like talking to a blank wall...her hubby I always liked, but sadly he passed away this year.

• Options
    my brother-in-law is a douche bag.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    OK, I feel better that I'm not alone in this.

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    i have an aunt i can't stand, she's my mother's sister-in-law and nobody can stand her. unfortunately most of the good relatives live out of new york for us.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    i have an aunt i can't stand, she's my mother sister-in-law and nobody can stand her.

Sounds just like my Aunt Mary. Oh she is just awful...and my Uncle Joe (her hubby) is my favoritest person! I have no idea how they ended up together...he's way too friendly and sweet to match with her bitterness.

• Options
    While I LOVE, LOVE that my family came and surprised me for Christmas it sadly didn't take long for my sister's bitchiness to come out :( All my life a nasty argument between her and my mum always breaks out at Christmas etc and I inevitably(sp?) am left being the peacemaker and ONCE just once I would like to skip that family tradition!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Sounds just like my Aunt Mary. Oh she is just awful...and my Uncle Joe (her hubby) is my favoritest person! I have no idea how they ended up together...he's way too friendly and sweet to match with her bitterness.

this woman i'm referring to is a despicable human being and if i'm saying that, you know it's bad because i rarely hate anybody.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    While I LOVE, LOVE that my family came and surprised me for Christmas it sadly didn't take long for my sister's bitchiness to come out :( All my life a nasty argument between her and my mum always breaks out at Christmas etc and I inevitably(sp?) am left being the peacemaker and ONCE just once I would like to skip that family tradition!

Oh, sweetie! That SUCKS!! I know you were so stoked to see your family! Well, hopefully that will be it and you guys can all get on with the love and peace and stuff.

• Options
    UGH...well I guess I should finish getting ready. I'm sitting here with a wet head...procrasting. I REAAAAAAAAAALLY don't want to deal with nonsense today.

• Options
    Oh, sweetie! That SUCKS!! I know you were so stoked to see your family! Well, hopefully that will be it and you guys can all get on with the love and peace and stuff.

Thanks, M!! I am going to remain positive and I don't mean to sound ungrateful but you know.... I appreciate that they have their issues but perhaps we could just let that go for the holidays?!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALL!!!
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    Well... Today I'm heading off with Mr. Cateeto to spend Christmas eve at my aunt's house. It is this tradition in my family that my mom's side spends it together opening gifts and partying. It used to be an amazing time, held at my grandpa's house each year. Well... Four years ago he passed away and things just haven't been the same and of course greed comes out the most in these situations as you most likely understand... Anyway!

My aunt happily snatched up the idea of holding Christmas at her house... As well as every Thanksgiving. It's hard to rotate houses for the special events because she is an INSANE yuppie who obsesses over the idea of showing off her glorious subdivision house (which might I add looks exactly the same as any other damn house!!!).

I swear if I have to hear her talk about how she hired painters to do this or had to search high and wide for that... I will fucking flip!

I need to start drinking early. :(
  • Options
    Cateeto wrote:
    Well... Today I'm heading off with Mr. Cateeto to spend Christmas eve at my aunt's house. It is this tradition in my family that my mom's side spends it together opening gifts and partying. It used to be an amazing time, held at my grandpa's house each year. Well... Four years ago he passed away and things just haven't been the same and of course greed comes out the most in these situations as you most likely understand... Anyway!

My aunt happily snatched up the idea of holding Christmas at her house... As well as every Thanksgiving. It's hard to rotate houses for the special events because she is an INSANE yuppie who obsesses over the idea of showing off her glorious subdivision house (which might I add looks exactly the same as any other damn house!!!).

I swear if I have to hear her talk about how she hired painters to do this or had to search high and wide for that... I will fucking flip!

I need to start drinking early. :(

I've found that a small glass of wine or a screwdriver takes the edge off so you're at your best and uber smiley when you get there.

• Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    I've found that a small glass of wine or a screwdriver takes the edge off before you get there.
    haha or in this case, I may need a whole bottle of whiskey :p

You know, it sucks. I hype myself up each year for Christmas, even if it's with my family. I guess I'm just stuck in the days when Christmas used to be fun and exciting and not about what gifts you're getting, what items flourish around your house, or obligation with buying so and so a set amount of presents.

I am looking forward to the food. Yum... Man is it good!
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    long red wrote:
    my brother-in-law is a douche bag.

Yup... I got me one of them too.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

yes. all of them. which is why......im leaving them all and going to the beach!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    yes. all of them. which is why......im leaving them all and going to the beach!!!

I wanna go to the beach, too. It's like 80 degrees right now!!

And as far as nightmare family members...even my MOM (whom I love dearly) is driving me nuts right now.

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I wanna go to the beach, too. It's like 80 degrees right now!!

And as far as nightmare family members...even my MOM (whom I love dearly) is driving me nuts right now.

yeah its a lovely beach day in so cal. ahhhh the lucky ones!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    yeah its a lovely beach day in so cal. ahhhh the lucky ones!!! :D

I took a pic of the thermometer on my parents' back patio...it says 85!!

• Options
    in-laws. enough said
  • Options
    timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    I took a pic of the thermometer on my parents' back patio...it says 85!!

I'll take 85 over the sub-zero temp. right now in Ontario.
  • Options
    No family round this year. Not sure if that's good or bad considering the potential trouble that could ensue had they been here.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    hahaha, my dad is the Nightmare Family Member. He's an alcoholic and really fun for the most part, but he can be a complete ass, too. Once, last year, my brother brought his date over to my dad's for wine and appetizers. My dad actually had the audacity to ask her if he could feel her up! He was 70! Anyway, she was obviously uncomfortable and told my brother she wanted to leave, but they didn't, and my dad grabbed her breasts! He denies it ever happened. I was shocked to hear about it. I mean I know he's a perv, but I had no idea he would ever cross the line like that.
    :eek: I hope I didn't derail the thread, sorry.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    hahaha, my dad is the Nightmare Family Member. He's an alcoholic and really fun for the most part, but he can be a complete ass, too. Once, last year, my brother brought his date over to my dad's for wine and appetizers. My dad actually had the audacity to ask her if he could feel her up! He was 70! Anyway, she was obviously uncomfortable and told my brother she wanted to leave, but they didn't, and my dad grabbed her breasts! He denies it ever happened. I was shocked to hear about it. I mean I know he's a perv, but I had no idea he would ever cross the line like that.
    :eek: I hope I didn't derail the thread, sorry.

Oh my!! :eek:

• Options
    I'm all by myself this year (I had to work so I couldn't go and be with family).but, some of the best christmas's I've had have been when I was celebrating with friends. The family stuff can get annoying sometimes......
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    RayneRayne Posts: 99
    My family hates the guy I'm currently dating. The last conversation I had with my brother ended with me telling him to fuck off and have a nice life. He is now BEST friends with my Ex-best friend since she now believes it's ok to tell me how to parent my kids and I disagree. They will both be there. Again, as I stated in a previous post, I'm pretty sure the full moon + my period are NOT going to help the situation...I'm hoping alcohol can. Thoughts? lol
    Underneath this smile lies everything...How I choose to feel, is how I AM!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~
  • Options
    MagstarMagstar Posts: 117
    i am, but my family is pretty rad. with the exception on my uncle paul who is a Star Trek nerd. but then again i'm on here with over a thousand posts, so who am i to be talkin :o
    Star Trek rules! :p

I'm in the Pit right now avoiding family. :(
    It's okay, Pluto. I'm not a planet either.