Cloverfield

2»

Comments

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Rygar wrote:
    On top of that one of them was jogging around after being impaled by rebar for a few hours. ;)

Thank you!!!!!! That was another thing. Wouldn't she have bled out??? Or maybe it's like on The Island where everyone recovers really quickly (i.e. Rose, Locke, Ben)?
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    There was also two things that got me...the size of the freaking thing. It seemed to change in size quite a bit from each time you see it.

And then the ole monster movie killer...no physical being could sustain that amount of mass on land. :p
  • SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    Yea I liked it, it was intense, and the ending was real, not realistic, but real. Like, not a happy ending, but just a "shit happens, and some times your friends all die and you get nuked" kinda real. Ya know? :D

But I think it started off really slow, maybe it was meant to be that way, I dont know. I almost left and went to another movie because It was so boring and making me sick. And yes I did get sick, partly because there were so many people I had to sit very close, normally I sit in the back.

So yea, I liked it, I recommend it if you enjoy a nice movie every once and a while. :D
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
  • Apparently there's going to be a sequel from a different angle. Well, that's what I've read.
  • RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    I enjoyed this flick a lot....seemed "real" to me because there were no answers/explainations just as would be the case for the average Joe citizen during an event of this magnitude....

In the theatre I heard one chick say "such a stupid movie, didn't even explain where the monster came from"...I thought, no if they did have some covert team tell the group of nobodies where it came from it would really make the movie lame and not as "real".....
  • I enjoyed this flick a lot....seemed "real" to me because there were no answers/explainations just as would be the case for the average Joe citizen during an event of this magnitude....

In the theatre I heard one chick say "such a stupid movie, didn't even explain where the monster came from"...I thought, no if they did have some covert team tell the group of nobodies where it came from it would really make the movie lame and not as "real".....

I missed it but in the last scene where they guy and girl are at coney isl, you see something fall out of the sky and land in the ocean.
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    the bulk of the movie was good. the ending not so much.

It was pretty good for what it was
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • I really do hope they make a sequel. Hopefully it'll tie up the major loose ends
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    I enjoyed this flick a lot....seemed "real" to me because there were no answers/explainations just as would be the case for the average Joe citizen during an event of this magnitude....

there was a lot of viral marketing for this movie that may have explained more.

i started to follow it but then it just became so much i got lost.

there was a website up for the company Rob was going to in Japan...

the object that falls into the ocean at the end was apparently a satellite...blah blah blah...it was interesting.

but yea, i enjoyed the movie. just bought actually.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i finally saw this and actually hated it. i dunno, i just found nothing redeeming. i didn't feel like i got to know the characters so i didn't really care what happened to them. the whole shaky camera thing was giving me a headache. plus, didn't the beginning flash something about how the camera was found by the govt. in central park? i thought it was a given that none of them survived. it was definitely no lost!
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    I just watched it yesterday. I think it traumatized me forever. LOL! It's all I'm going to be thinking about when I'm in NYC in June.

Wasn't a big fan of the ending, though.

did you had a headache watching it?
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    suns rival wrote:
    did you had a headache watching it?

It kinda made me want to barf while watching it.

A few days later I was at work pretty late by myself and I got totally spooked thinking about what if a monster really did walk through the streets of NYC one night.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Entertaining yes. I'm just glad I didn't pay $9 to see it in the theater.

I actually liked the ending. Seemed right.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    alright, assuming that was me.... i would have gone back for my girlfriend. but i sure as shit wouldn't climb her crippled ass apartment building.

funny how i think that was the most unrealistic part of a MONSTER movie.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,764
    I liked it.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,764
    mca47 wrote:
    Entertaining yes. I'm just glad I didn't pay $9 to see it in the theater.

I actually liked the ending. Seemed right.

$9. I miss those days.
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,657
    nfanel wrote:
    i finally saw this and actually hated it. i dunno, i just found nothing redeeming. i didn't feel like i got to know the characters so i didn't really care what happened to them. the whole shaky camera thing was giving me a headache. plus, didn't the beginning flash something about how the camera was found by the govt. in central park? i thought it was a given that none of them survived. it was definitely no lost!

Yeah the shaky camera thing was annoying as hell in "The Blair Witch Project" (most overhyped piece of cinematic crap in history), so why would any film maker think revisiting that technique to be a good idea?

All in all the movie was meh.
    This weekend we rock Portland