Damnit Louisville....

2»

Comments

• OffStuGoes wrote:
    Well I think im a good candidate for response as I am a fan of both Rutgers and Syracuse... I pull for RU football when they play the Orange, and I root for SU basketball when they play Rutgers- you get the drift. However, its not like I root for RU in football because theyre better... I did so even back 5 years ago when they were still alot worse than Syracuse. I can't help but tell you that Rutgers running up the score on SU was justified. The Knights were still reeling at that point from their upset by Cincy, and they needed to blowout the worst team in the conference at home to be considered legitimate in the rankings. A score such as 68-10 is pushing it, but take for instance Rutgers' game against Norfolk this past weekend. Although the final score was an unbalanced total of 58-0, if Rutgers had not shut them out and score at least 40 points on them, people would start to question their capabilities as a team. When teams like RU run up the score, its not out of poor sportsmanship. It stems from the fact that Rutgers still has that stain of being a bad team on them, and the only way to wash it out is to score as much as possible.

nah, i don't buy it. it's the same shit miami pulled in the dome a few years back, when they were winning by....shit, i can't even remember how much but it was a shit-ton, and they pulled a fake punt on 4th down with less than a minute left and ran it in for another touchdown. i was walking by the section with the miami fans when that happened. i remember some of them were laughing and shit. all i said to them was that's shitty football and karma would catch up to them against ohio state. and it did.

the extra scoring rutgers pulled, it was all about the running back being from governeur (little over an hour north of syracuse), it being his senior season, and wanting to rub our noses in it, basically saying "you recruited out of nj for so long, now we got one of your boys and look how well he plays."

but anyway, here's to hoping for a good game oct. 13 in the dome. and i really, really hope syracuse crushes rutgers.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • nah, i don't buy it. it's the same shit miami pulled in the dome a few years back, when they were winning by....shit, i can't even remember how much but it was a shit-ton, and they pulled a fake punt on 4th down with less than a minute left and ran it in for another touchdown. i was walking by the section with the miami fans when that happened. i remember some of them were laughing and shit. all i said to them was that's shitty football and karma would catch up to them against ohio state. and it did.

the extra scoring rutgers pulled, it was all about the running back being from governeur (little over an hour north of syracuse), it being his senior season, and wanting to rub our noses in it, basically saying "you recruited out of nj for so long, now we got one of your boys and look how well he plays."

but anyway, here's to hoping for a good game oct. 13 in the dome. and i really, really hope syracuse crushes rutgers.

Speaking of karma... I, as well as numerous other long-time RU fans, see it as karma that Rutgers is now crushing the teams that mercilessly crushed them for a good 10 years. And its hard to compare Rutgers to 'the U'. They have pretty much never been bad, so when they run the score up its not like they have an excuse. But anyways, why bicker about this? The 'Cuse beat Louisville, man!
    "Hey I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind..."
  • OffStuGoes wrote:
    Speaking of karma... I, as well as numerous other long-time RU fans, see it as karma that Rutgers is now crushing the teams that mercilessly crushed them for a good 10 years. And its hard to compare Rutgers to 'the U'. They have pretty much never been bad, so when they run the score up its not like they have an excuse. But anyways, why bicker about this? The 'Cuse beat Louisville, man!

lol, i wasn't bickering. just sharing thoughts with you, that's all. and trust me, i pull for rutgers and all other big east teams.....when they're not playing SU.

and yeah, that upset at louisville saturday was something. got to be a nail biter there at the end, but they held on. hopefully they left some in the tank for wins in the dome this year. lol, especially oct. 13th.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • News from the Louisville camp is that the U of L defensive Coordinator has taken a head coaching position with another college, and will be leaving after the season...but they won't make an official announcement until after the season. If that's true, everything is making sense.
    "It's all happening"
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    don't fret, indian summer. your birds are a 37 point favorite over my orange this coming weekend.

This post is rather funny at this point.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    fanch75 wrote:
    This post is rather funny at this point.

(fair catch! fair catch!) :D
    I love to turn you on
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Fuck Louisville
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Fuck Louisville

Someone sounds a little butthurt.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?