Damnit Louisville....

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
so much for a title run and a heisman trophy.
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oregon Ducks Baby!!!!!!!

Quack Quack Quack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Oregon Ducks Baby!!!!!!!

Quack Quack Quack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no way their getting past USC.
    "It's all happening"
  • so much for a title run and a heisman trophy.

I know... To be honest, I was (and am) a UK fan, but I was kinda pulling for Louisville here. At best, UK might make it to another bowl game. But like you said, Louisville had the chance for a title this year. Bummer
  • mxaaron wrote:
    I know... To be honest, I was (and am) a UK fan, but I was kinda pulling for Louisville here. At best, UK might make it to another bowl game. But like you said, Louisville had the chance for a title this year. Bummer

The Ville is gonna stay on this same plateau until they can learn to play defense. I'm not bitter towards UK though, Woodson is a helluva QB, and I think he'll make a great NFL player...I just wanted a title game this year...but obviously we aren't ready for that.
    "It's all happening"
  • McFadden and the Razorbacks went down tonight as well...Who's the heisman going to now....one of the WVU boys?
    "It's all happening"
  • The Ville is gonna stay on this same plateau until they can learn to play defense. I'm not bitter towards UK though, Woodson is a helluva QB, and I think he'll make a great NFL player...I just wanted a title game this year...but obviously we aren't ready for that.

I thought last weeks game was just a fluke: "they were so focused on the UK game they weren't prepared"...No, I think the defense needs serious work. Anyway, will Brohm be back next year? He's only a junior, right?
  • mxaaron wrote:
    I thought last weeks game was just a fluke: "they were so focused on the UK game they weren't prepared"...No, I think the defense needs serious work. Anyway, will Brohm be back next year? He's only a junior, right?

Nope, he NFL bound next year...possibly number 1 pick...but definitely top five. Hunter Cantwell will take the snaps next year....then its Matt Sims (phil simms kid)
    "It's all happening"
  • no way their getting past USC.
    MY DUCKS are gonna kick the fuck out of Stanford next week to go 4-0...

QUACK
    QUACK
    QUACK...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Nope, he NFL bound next year...possibly number 1 pick...but definitely top five. Hunter Cantwell will take the snaps next year....then its Matt Sims (phil simms kid)

Kinda figured, just hadn't heard for certain what his plans were. He's done alot for the team and their amazing offense, that's for sure. He deserves top five.
  • so much for a title run and a heisman trophy.

ROFLAMO!!!!!!!! HOW BOUT THEM UK WILDCATS???????????
    Just got back from the game.
    GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ROFLAMO!!!!!!!! HOW BOUT THEM UK WILDCATS???????????
    Just got back from the game.
    GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats...and good luck in the Music City bowl again :rolleyes:
    "It's all happening"
  • Wildcats Rock!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • congrats...and good luck in the Music City bowl again :rolleyes:

Congrats on Jurich hiring his buddy kragthorpe. HAHA. The tard nation is about to implode on their message board. Already wanting their coach fired. LMAO! And they say we Cat fans are dillusional. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW... Good luck with one of the easiest schedules in the nation! See what happens when you leave the pizza box and play a good team on the road? Yup, you guessed it right, you get your ass beat!
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    The Ville is gonna stay on this same plateau until they can learn to play defense. I'm not bitter towards UK though, Woodson is a helluva QB, and I think he'll make a great NFL player...I just wanted a title game this year...but obviously we aren't ready for that.

Kentucky is definitely better than they have been in a long time, but let's face it - it wasn't in the cards ;) for Louisville this year. The hopes were high, but they weren't realistic, IMO.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • know1 wrote:
    Kentucky is definitely better than they have been in a long time, but let's face it - it wasn't in the cards ;) for Louisville this year. The hopes were high, but they weren't realistic, IMO.

Don't get me wrong... Petrino was the man for Louisville! Jurich knew what he was doing when he got Petrino. Having said that, the ville is on the way back down.. back to where they belong! Back to the day of giving away tickets at thorntons! HA! Matter of time. Wonder how many will be in the pizza box this weekend?
    How bout that stadium expansion? HAHAHA!

Commuter school is a product of the ESPN media hype. They got into the top 10 by playing a CUPCAKE schedule for years, and by being in a mediocre conference.
    You can't be a national contender by playing the likes of Murray State, MTSU, Utah, Cincinnati, Syracuse, North Carolina State, and Uconn. Come on card fans... did you "ACTUALLY" think you had a shot at a national championship???
    Hell, St. X high school could be a few of those bastards.

City school was so pumped the last few years by beating the WILDCATS who were riddled by loss of scholarships due to probation. Now, that we are back to full scholarship allotment, see what happened? City school got put back in their place!

BTW.. Kragthorpe is the perfect thug for the ville. After the game last night, as fans were on the field, a guy wearing a shirt that had a cartoon of a boy pissing on a cardinal, Kragthorpe saw it, starting JAWING WITH A FAN and pointing his finger at the kid. The police had to tug on him to get him to the locker room. HAHAHAHAH. WHAT A CLASS ACT!!!!!!!!!
    Don't believe me? I got it on dvr:) He's a joke and city school got what they deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhoo.. The WILDCATS are in the top 25!!!! UK will have a successful season if we finish 7-5 due to our conference schedule! Unlike city school fans that are full with illusions, we do NOT think we will win a national championship! Success comes by beating good opponents one game at a time and not by beating up on the above mentioned teams! HAHAHA.
    Good luck city school.
    NOT REALLY!!!!!!!!!!
  • Don't get me wrong... Petrino was the man for Louisville! Jurich knew what he was doing when he got Petrino. Having said that, the ville is on the way back down.. back to where they belong! Back to the day of giving away tickets at thorntons! HA! Matter of time. Wonder how many will be in the pizza box this weekend?
    How bout that stadium expansion? HAHAHA!

Commuter school is a product of the ESPN media hype. They got into the top 10 by playing a CUPCAKE schedule for years, and by being in a mediocre conference.
    You can't be a national contender by playing the likes of Murray State, MTSU, Utah, Cincinnati, Syracuse, North Carolina State, and Uconn. Come on card fans... did you "ACTUALLY" think you had a shot at a national championship???
    Hell, St. X high school could be a few of those bastards.

City school was so pumped the last few years by beating the WILDCATS who were riddled by loss of scholarships due to probation. Now, that we are back to full scholarship allotment, see what happened? City school got put back in their place!

BTW.. Kragthorpe is the perfect thug for the ville. After the game last night, as fans were on the field, a guy wearing a shirt that had a cartoon of a boy pissing on a cardinal, Kragthorpe saw it, starting JAWING WITH A FAN and pointing his finger at the kid. The police had to tug on him to get him to the locker room. HAHAHAHAH. WHAT A CLASS ACT!!!!!!!!!
    Don't believe me? I got it on dvr:) He's a joke and city school got what they deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhoo.. The WILDCATS are in the top 25!!!! UK will have a successful season if we finish 7-5 due to our conference schedule! Unlike city school fans that are full with illusions, we do NOT think we will win a national championship! Success comes by beating good opponents one game at a time and not by beating up on the above mentioned teams! HAHAHA.
    Good luck city school.
    NOT REALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Now you can't pick on the strength of schedule....Nobody wants to play Louisville. Murray state was a last minute fill in because Notre Dame backed down earlier this year, no other SEC school will pick us up (Georgia is in talks), but Florida, Alabama, and LSU all declined. Some of those you mentioned are Conference games! Other than Louisville, Kentucky has played EKU and Kent State out of conference:rolleyes:. THe Cats happen to be in a bigger conference....the Cards have more space to fill with Non Conference games..we only have 8 Teams in the Big East, as opposed to SEC's 12.

You contradict yourself by saying Louisville is overrated but you're pumped about beat a good team.....You are a typical Wildcat fan...you get one big "out of conference" win, and you think you're going from Music City Bowl to National Championship. They'll never win the SEC title in my lifetime much less a national title. All I can say is Enjoy it while it lasts...because you might see glory once or twice more this season...but when Woodson's gone...Kentucky's football is done for a long time.
    "It's all happening"
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I lost a 10 team parlay because of that game, I'm still a little salty about it.
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    I lost a 10 team parlay because of that game, I'm still a little salty about it.

ouch...never bet a rivalry game!
    "It's all happening"
  • ouch...never bet a rivalry game!

I'm disapointed that no threads have been dedicated to the REAL state rivalry: Eastern vs. Western! Unfortunately, my school lost...badly.
  • as a uconn fan, i'm not looking forward to UL coming up here next month. granted, it will be a friday night game, but i'm hoping we can play with them until at least the 3rd quarter. and i'm being a realist here. UL will come back...UK just had their number this year.
    I love to turn you on
  • Wildcats Rock!!

how the hell are you a wildcat fan in austin???
    I love to turn you on
  • All I can say is Enjoy it while it lasts...because you might see glory once or twice more this season...but when Woodson's gone...Kentucky's football is done for a long time.

Hilarious quote right there. HA! Really??

Our backup, Hartline, is a 6-6 Frosh who has a CANNON of an arm. The coaching staff at UK says he is ahead of Woodson at the same stage of his career. OUCH!

3rd Stringer is 6-4 Fidler who many say is good enough to compete with Hartline next year.

4th stringer and Redshirt is Curtis Pulley who runs a WICKED option.

I think we got the QB situation under control next year. Our backups aren't ready this year, but next?... Yeah.

Moving on to RB...

Locke is only a frosh
    Dixon is back
    Alfonso Smith is back
    Connor is back

I think you may be jumpin the gun er... WISHING UK will be down next year.

Hell, ole man Brooks has righted the ship and has us on our way FINALLY!

Glory twice more this year? Are you saying we will win only 2 more games?????? OK! I see 4 maybe 5 more wins coming.

Arkansas will be a TOUGH TOUGH game, but we have a chance. TOSSUP
    FAU.. UK
    South Carolina will be a bitch as they always are when we play them. Have a shot at them. TOSSUP
    LSU? They KILL UK
    Florida? We have a shot! Nod to Florida
    Mississippi State.. UK
    Vanderbilt.... UK
    Georgia... Pretty good shot.. UK
    Tennessee.. UK

As far as nobody wanting to play UL.. that is funny... Georgia is a done deal. Home and Home is signed! The other teams did not want to play UL without them coming to their turf. UL declined to play away from the pizza box. So, I can see why a team wouldn't want to play in the oven, when the mighty ville won't go on the road themselves. Please tell me UL fans are not that delusional to think LSU is scared to play them. Florida??? First I heard of them being mentioned!

In addition.. Please read my previous post. You say I think we are going to the national championship... I said I DO NOT THINK we will win it. Typical card fan spinning it. hahahah In conclusion... UK not winning a SEC title in your lifetime is stretching things... You never know one day.. I say ONE DAY.. not this year, not the next...
    In addition, Hell, look how hard it REALLY is to win the SEC title. Hell LSU, not just this year, but in previous, could beat some dam NFL teams out there.
    So, summing it up.. We beat the cards, the cards are back to reality, and UK is on the rise. And I do find it absolutely hilarious a tard fan can bash the music city bowl. It wasn't long ago tard fans, that you were THRILLED to play in that dump in memphis called the lliberty bowl!!!!!!! HA! Then onto the might GMAC bowl. LMAO!! Remember.... We were in the Outback bowl (BSC BOWL) when you boys were playing in memphis. You don't forget that quick do you?

All smack aside.. Is UL a good team, a top 25 team? You damn right they are! Are they a great team that could compete for a NC? NO WAY IN HELL!! Hence all the smack. All that NC talk was funny.
    Are my cats a good top 25 team? HELL YES! NC contender? HELL NO!!!!!!
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

C-A-T-S Cats cats cats.

Apparently Lentz is better than Fidler already. Fidler is lazy from what I hear. I hear Lentz is the truth and will be nasty at QB before its said and done. I think he was the AAA player of the year in South Carolina.

Yeah I think Louisville is cooked. Petrino was a genius (and a scumbag). Brohm is absolutely exceptional. With those two I don't think we beat UL, but without absolutely elite talent at QB for many years to come I don't think Louisville keeps up their prominence. I think they can have some top 25 teams, but not where they are now. Petrino's gone, thank god. UK will fall off a little bit next year, but I think we now have the depth to compete and stay bowl eligible at least most years.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Hell LSU, not just this year, but in previous, could beat some dam NFL teams out there.

You crazy if you think the best College team could ever beat the worst NFL team....NFL is a whole different level....men vs boys really.

And I do find it absolutely hilarious a tard fan can bash the music city bowl. It wasn't long ago tard fans, that you were THRILLED to play in that dump in memphis called the lliberty bowl!!!!!!! HA! Then onto the might GMAC bowl. LMAO!! Remember.... We were in the Outback bowl (BSC BOWL) when you boys were playing in memphis. You don't forget that quick do you?

Well I'm not sure what the BSC is, but Louisville hasn't been BCS eligible until their move to the Big East. We went to the Liberty Bowl so much because we were in Conference USA...typical SEC elitist I wouldn't expect you to understand. The Outback bowl isn't a BCS bowl anyway...its the third place finisher of SEC...which they lost. I'd take the Liberty Bowl over the Outback bowl any day.
    "It's all happening"
  • don't fret, indian summer. your birds are a 37 point favorite over my orange this coming weekend. i went to the SU/illinois game saturday and all i have to say is this: get ready for running the ball all over syracuse. i've been watching SU football for many years now, and in all reality this is the absolute worst defense i've ever seen. i won't be able to see the game this weekend, i'll be camping. do me a favor though, and count all the missed tackles SU has against louisville (if you can count that high).
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • don't fret, indian summer. your birds are a 37 point favorite over my orange this coming weekend. i went to the SU/illinois game saturday and all i have to say is this: get ready for running the ball all over syracuse. i've been watching SU football for many years now, and in all reality this is the absolute worst defense i've ever seen. i won't be able to see the game this weekend, i'll be camping. do me a favor though, and count all the missed tackles SU has against louisville (if you can count that high).

I ain't gonna dog on the Cuse...I love having them in the Big East when Basketball roles around.
    "It's all happening"
  • I ain't gonna dog on the Cuse...I love having them in the Big East when Basketball roles around.

about 95% of the SU fans around here are currently screaming for coach robinson's head on a stick, our AD darryl gross to be fired, and even the new chancellor nancy cantor to be replaced because of how horrible the football team is. it sickens me to hear people say the things they say about the program and the coaches. it's like as soon as pasqualoni was fired, they expected a national championship within 2 years. christ, robinson is still dealing with some of pasqualoni's recruits. gotta give it time. but then i see things in the paper like david brinkley (rb for SU) saying things like "we know the fans are upset, but they have to stick by us, just keep believing and it will happen." dude, i want to believe......but you have to give me something to believe in first.

and yeah, basketball. seems to be the only thing people are talking about around here right now. "can't wait for basketball to start". personally, i like the football program more than the basketball. matter of fact, i'd be completely happy if SU lost every game this season except for one: rutgers. after they ran up the score on us last season.......that still stings to me. when rutgers used to be one of the doormat teams of the big east, they were never treated with disrespect by another conference team. as soon as they start making some noise, they have to turn into a bully team. fuck that, i hope we rock their shit this season. i know it's highly unlikely, but there's always hope. and who knows, maybe the team will give us something to believe in that weekend.

anyway, ramble over. continue with the louisville discussion. didn't mean to semi-derail.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • anyway, ramble over. continue with the louisville discussion. didn't mean to semi-derail.

I'm done ranting now....although I'm sure the wildcat fans will have something to comeback with..you know how they are...always have to get the last word in...so go ahead wildcats, I've said my peace. Congrats.
    "It's all happening"
  • about 95% of the SU fans around here are currently screaming for coach robinson's head on a stick, our AD darryl gross to be fired, and even the new chancellor nancy cantor to be replaced because of how horrible the football team is. it sickens me to hear people say the things they say about the program and the coaches. it's like as soon as pasqualoni was fired, they expected a national championship within 2 years. christ, robinson is still dealing with some of pasqualoni's recruits. gotta give it time. but then i see things in the paper like david brinkley (rb for SU) saying things like "we know the fans are upset, but they have to stick by us, just keep believing and it will happen." dude, i want to believe......but you have to give me something to believe in first.

and yeah, basketball. seems to be the only thing people are talking about around here right now. "can't wait for basketball to start". personally, i like the football program more than the basketball. matter of fact, i'd be completely happy if SU lost every game this season except for one: rutgers. after they ran up the score on us last season.......that still stings to me. when rutgers used to be one of the doormat teams of the big east, they were never treated with disrespect by another conference team. as soon as they start making some noise, they have to turn into a bully team. fuck that, i hope we rock their shit this season. i know it's highly unlikely, but there's always hope. and who knows, maybe the team will give us something to believe in that weekend.

anyway, ramble over. continue with the louisville discussion. didn't mean to semi-derail.

Well I think im a good candidate for response as I am a fan of both Rutgers and Syracuse... I pull for RU football when they play the Orange, and I root for SU basketball when they play Rutgers- you get the drift. However, its not like I root for RU in football because theyre better... I did so even back 5 years ago when they were still alot worse than Syracuse. I can't help but tell you that Rutgers running up the score on SU was justified. The Knights were still reeling at that point from their upset by Cincy, and they needed to blowout the worst team in the conference at home to be considered legitimate in the rankings. A score such as 68-10 is pushing it, but take for instance Rutgers' game against Norfolk this past weekend. Although the final score was an unbalanced total of 58-0, if Rutgers had not shut them out and score at least 40 points on them, people would start to question their capabilities as a team. When teams like RU run up the score, its not out of poor sportsmanship. It stems from the fact that Rutgers still has that stain of being a bad team on them, and the only way to wash it out is to score as much as possible.
    "Hey I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind..."
  • Beware Of The Knights