B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    who knows for sure.?

your isles have alot to consider for free agent signings & contract expirations, while our NYRs are still at this point under the cap and have some space ( like 3 -4 million )

we shall see.....

boston loses tonight, toronto wins.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    March 06, 2007

Dubinsky and Liffiton Called Up [Hossa Injury Update @ 6:30 PM]

Center Brandon Dubinsky and defenseman David Liffiton have been recalled from Hartford on an emergency basis to replace Marcel Hossa, who underwent an MRI today and will miss three to four weeks with a sprained MCL in his left knee, and Fedor Tyutin, already out for three to four weeks with the same injury. The emergency basis of the recalls presumably means that these moves will not count against the Rangers' four call-up limit over the remainder of the season. In a related move, the Pack recalled Bruce Graham and Hannu Pikkarainen from Charlotte to replace Dubisnky and Liffiton.

Paul Mara, who sustained a shoulder injury last night when checked by Trent Hunter, did not practice today but expects to play in Thursday's rematch with the Isles. Sean Avery also did not practice today -- John Dellapina reports in Blueshirts Blog that he was "given the day off the ice after taking a pounding last night spending the entire game in Rick DiPietro's crease" and will be back for more punishment on Thursday.
    platessmall.jpg
    The Maven

[size=+2]A lot rests on Thursday night[/size]

It's time for Rangers fans to hold their collective breath, Islanders supporters to inhale and Devils' devotees to seriously wonder what the heck is going on, or off, as the case may be.

Blueshirts-breath-holding has everything to do with Thursday night's game in Nassau.

Can Tom Renney's redoubtables return with a second-straight offensive onslaught? Will the playoff push go into overdrive? Can Brad Isbister continue playing the best hockey of his life?

It's enough to make any Jagr-ite hold his breath in anticipation.

Followers of the Nassaumen have the luxury of a deep breath considering that the Isles -- for the moment, at least -- are in a playoff berth and Rick DiPietro's game is worthy of five stars, not counting Shootouts.

As Claude Julien's battered Devils fly into Pittsburgh for tomorrow's encounter, there's considerable wonder whether his troops are falling into their early season funk when they jetted to Phoenix for a seemingly easy win and then bombed in Arizona, Anaheim, San Jose and Los Angeles.

Tuesday night's loss to Philly betrayed New Jersey's weaknesses and they must be addressed. Or, as several Devils echoed to me after the game, "We've got to get back to Devils (as in Defensive) hockey."

"It's not just the defenseman," adds Julien after I press him on the problem, "it's also forwards backchecking. It's everyone."

With the possible exception of Martin Brodeur who's having a devil of a time passing the 39-win mark to the 40 plateau.

With Sid Crosby's Penguins in hot pursuit, tomorrow's match in Pitt will indicate whether the Devils are capable of revival or continue their tailspin toward mediocrity.

In Rangerville, where Marcel Hossa joins Brendan Shanahan and Tooty Tyutin on the sidelines, the onus falls on newcomers Isbister, Sean Avery and Paul Mara to take their games to another notch. So far, so good.

Nobody on the Island is shedding a tear for the injured Rangers, not with Radek Martinek and Shawn Bates gone but not forgotten.

GM Garth Snow has dealt wisely to compensate for the losses. Ryan Smyth will only get better and Marc-Andre Bergeron's point shot is deadly and bolsters the Isles power play.

Snowshoeing Sean Hill and Brendan Witt continue carrying the D load and that could be a problem if fatigue slows Hill to a standstill tomorrow.

The imminent return of an enthused Alexei Yashin remains the Islanders' hidden asset. The Rangers wish they could say ditto about Brendan Shanahan, but they can't.

Who will be decisive? Try this duet of trios:

RANGERS: Isbister; Petr Prucha; Karel Rachunek.

ISLANDERS: Smyth; Jason Blake, Trent Hunter.

Stay tuned.

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    Hockey Bird

[size=+2]Devastating loss [/size]

Who would have ever, EVER thought that losing Marcel Hossa would be such a big blow to the team? Well, Hossa the Lesser has been the Rangers best goal scorer since the All-Star break, and his all around game has been oustanding. That makes him one of the more important forwards on the club.

Hossa suffered an MCL sprain against the Islanders and will miss several weeks, and the Blueshirts will have to make due with a couple of call-ups from Hartford.

Throw this in with the losses of Shanahan, Tyutin, and Weekes, as well as other hurting players like Straka and Paul Mara, and you have a recipe for disaster. The schedule gets a little busier and a little harder in these coming weeks, with many games being played against teams that are competing for playoff positions and/or seedings.

They will play four back-to-back series between now and April 1st, including two "four-games-in-six-days" sets, one beginning tomorrow against the Isles, and one starting next Friday on the road versus the Thrashers.

I know the standings say they are only two points out of a playoff spot, and that's the good news, but I am afraid that they are too beat up to make the needed push, and Henrik Lundqvist might die of exhaustion by the end of the month.

Brief updates from the NY Daily News, and Newsday.

Larry Brooks in the Post: No, the promotion did not come to fruition, but just the fact Hugh Jessiman was included in the sentence when Tom Renney discussed potential Rangers recalls from Hartford for tomorrow night's match at the Coliseum is startling enough given the fact the 2003 first-rounder was toiling for Charlotte in the ECHL two weeks ago.

The Rodent has a few notes to tide you over until tomorrow.

Hopefully some of the beat guys will give us an indication of what the lines will look like.

HDH

platessmall.jpg
    Among the updates from todays practice:

Brandon Dubinsky is not only up with the Rangers, but was practicing on a line today with Martin Straka and Brad Isbister in preparation for tomorrow’s re-match with the Islanders.

The other lines:

Avery-Nylander-Jagr
    Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
    Hollweg-Betts-Orr

While still nursing an upper body injury, Paul Mara is likely to play tomorrow against the Islanders, meaning both David Liffiton and Jarkko Immonen would be a scratch.

Brendan Shanahan was available at the rink, and spoke about the frustrating pace of his recovery. The good news is Shanahan hasn’t taken any steps backward since his concussion last month. But there are still times when he makes what he perceives to be progress, and then hits a plateau.

“I would just like to have a day when the room doesn’t spin at some point,” he said.

There’s still no word on when Shanny can get back to the ice, but it doesn’t sound like it’ll be anytime soon.

A good question was raised recently about Marty Straka playing the point even if his injured shoulder prevents him from shooting with any zip (not that Straka was ever conused with Al Iafrate in the first place). It sounds like Tom Renney still wants him there mostly because of Straka’s ability to carry the puck into the zone. Here’s one area where I think the coach should concede to reality and opt for Matt Cullen. But since Mara is hampered as well these days, the coach is apparently hurting for options.

From an NHL.com story about Aaron Ward’s transition in Boston.

“I was blessed to have played with great captains like Steve Yzerman, Ron Francis and Rod Brind’Amour and they taught me that it’s about the team, investing in a common goal and sacrificing for each other every game,” he pointed out. “I hope I can make the younger guys here realize that and find their role, like those guys helped me do.”

It’s funny, but Ward didn’t mention his most recent captain, Jaromir Jagr. Why do you think that is?

OK, more later…

platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    12 hours kids ,,

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!!!!!
    Injuries are why the Rangers needed to make those call-ups. They limp into the Mausoleum tonight minus Brendan Shanahan, still experiencing vertigo, Marcel Hossa and Fedor Tyutin, both out with sprained MCLs, and Kevin Weekes, still trying to recover from a strained quadrucep. Martin Straka will probably play even with a severely injured left shoulder, and Paul Mara will definitely play even with his injured left shoulder. See reports in the Journal News, Times, Post, Rangers Report, and ESPN.com. Meanwhile, the Isles get a key player back from injury as Alexei Yashin returns after five weeks on the shelf with a knee injury (see Newsday). On the plus side, the Rangers will have Henrik Lundqvist in net again after his superlative performance Monday night -- see the News.

not a great idea to put it out there that there may be an injured player taking part in tonights game, now theres an even bigger target on him ( them ) ,...

7 hours to go

platessmall.jpg
    i just don't know if we're gonna hold up the rest of the way
    Isbister, & Dubinsky are gonna carry them to The Promised Land *

* another random, arbitrary Springsteen reference. ;)

platessmall.jpg
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Isbisters gonna carry them to The Promised Land *

* another random, arbitrary Springsteen reference. ;)

Isbister?!??! I really hope you're joking....He was supposed to be the next Todd Bertuzzi on the island....

Sean Avery is going to get bludgeoned tonight.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    long red wrote:
    Isbister?!??! I really hope you're joking....He was supposed to be the next Todd Bertuzzi on the island....

Sean Avery is going to get bludgeoned tonight.

if the hockey maven says it, its gotta be true ! :rolleyes:
    It's time for Rangers fans to hold their collective breath, Islanders supporters to inhale and Devils' devotees to seriously wonder what the heck is going on, or off, as the case may be.

Blueshirts-breath-holding has everything to do with Thursday night's game in Nassau.

Can Tom Renney's redoubtables return with a second-straight offensive onslaught? Will the playoff push go into overdrive? Can Brad Isbister continue playing the best hockey of his life?

see above post

platessmall.jpg
    one more thing in our favour-

unsteady as he goes Yashin returns tonight.

wont even be on the 1st line,...

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

truth be told, i fuckin hate Yashin and hate that some somebody has to be scratched in favor of that loafing, slow-legged asshole.

Captain, my ass.
    long red wrote:
    truth be told, i fuckin hate Yashin and hate that some somebody has to be scratched in favor of that loafing, slow-legged asshole.

Captain, my ass.

yeah but we ( NYR ) need to stay outta the box ,

he can be lethal on the man advantage , regardless of his mediocre 5-on-5 play,...

who might get scratched that we saw Monday Night in lieu of Yashin ?
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    yeah but we ( NYR ) need to stay outta the box ,

he can be lethal on the man advantage , regardless of his mediocre 5-on-5 play,...

who might get scratched that we saw Monday Night in lieu of Yashin ?

could be park...could be hilbert...whoever it is, they probably work 10x harder than that fucking dog yashin.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    long red wrote:
    could be park...could be hilbert...whoever it is, they probably work 10x harder than that fucking dog yashin.
    probably park, hilberts been playing good as of late.id put yashin on the 4th line and keep him away from smyth, i dont want yashin making smyth suck
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 599
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Bats put da crack pipe down Cee you suckas at da game tonite.
    LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
    Bathgate66 wrote:

pjscreamer wrote:

crackpipe ?

not me pal, i dont even go near hmstd tpke , - ever ! :p

and what exactly is erroneous in this quote of mine ?

yashin is returning,....

& he most likely wont be on the 1st line,...

so whats up now, suckah ! ?

and hey how about it- i was able to respond withut the x mans intervention .
    platessmall.jpg
    as a sidenote and distraction while we wait for the puck to drop
    i went walking on my beach yesterday during the snowstorm
    theres a bunch , but theyre pretty cool

check it out here
    platessmall.jpg
    Off To Watch The Game

We Want Fishsticks

Let's Go Ranger's !!!
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    pjscreamer wrote:

Want to talk crack pipes? Do you even read what you write before you post?
    I'll be the first to say it....fuckin disgraceful move by Simon....I hope he's played his last game as an Islander....dumb fucking idiot.
    long red wrote:
    I'll be the first to say it....fuckin disgraceful move by Simon....I hope he's played his last game as an Islander....dumb fucking idiot.

If he doesn't get some kind of suspension its bullshit.
    that was the biggest bull-shit call i ahve ever fucking seen, lundquest swips the puck from out of the net and the ref calls no goal. fucking bull-shit. the whack by simon was sweet, should of went after avery instead

that was the biggest bull-shit call i ahve ever fucking seen, lundquest swips the puck from out of the net and the ref calls no goal. fucking bull-shit. the whack by simon was sweet, should of went after avery instead

obviously it looked like a goal to me......fuckin simon...i blame him.

You couldn't tell if it was over or not. They looked at it how many times? The ref said no goal, the light never went on, they reviewed it, what more is there? Great game though. And Simon is a moron.
    moster78 wrote:
    You couldn't tell if it was over or not. They looked at it how many times? The ref said no goal, the light never went on, they reviewed it, what more is there? Great game though. And Simon is a moron.
    watch fsny coverage of it, they showed a low angle of it where the puck was over the line. yes it was a great game like usuall

watch fsny coverage of it, they showed a low angle of it where the puck was over the line

absolutely was over the line....BUT do you really think those clowns in Toronto would give us that goal after Simon's brutality?!?! I wouldnt have either! we deserved to lose!!!!

CUT SIMON NOW!!!!!!

Fuck that no talent goon!!!!!!!
    watch fsny coverage of it, they showed a low angle of it where the puck was over the line. yes it was a great game like usuall

So did MSG, the puck was on an angle, but the far edge wasn't over the line far enough to be conclusive. The view from above is what counts.
    moster78 wrote:
    So did MSG, the puck was on an angle, but the far edge wasn't over the line far enough to be conclusive. The view from above is what counts.
    ok cool, the water bottle was in the way on the above angle, but anyways the isles should of never been that position if simon wasnt such an ass.