B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I think torts lost this team. And with Ruff without a job, I have a feeling it won't be long before slats decides to pul the trigger on him. And I like torts..... :corn:
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Nash practiced this morning tho still unsure about tonight.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    ugh.

thank goodness its a half season with an astericks,
    and baseball is underway

:roll: :roll:
    platessmall.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    don't know how i feel. would like a win either way
    I miss igotid88
    Wow, more soft goals by mr "new York" get your shit together hank. Maybe you should've played some fucken games like everyone else did to stay game ready. Oh that's right, to busy living the "city" life.
    Pretty safe to say Torts has lost any hold of this team.
    Will we see Sather back behind the bench in the interim ,
    until they can hire a competant coach?
    platessmall.jpg
    badbrains wrote:
    Wow, more soft goals by mr "new York" get your shit together hank. Maybe you should've played some fucken games like everyone else did to stay game ready. Oh that's right, to busy living the "city" life.

Most weren't soft. They moved the puck pretty well. And some were screened. Not saying he's playing the way he should. But there's so much you can do when your team is giving away pucks. Letting the other team control the puck without any defense
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

Most weren't soft. They moved the puck pretty well. And some were screened. Not saying he's playing the way he should. But there's so much you can do when your team is giving away pucks. Letting the other team control the puck without any defense

Dude, how many times are you gonna get beat high glove side? Game in game out always one goes in. You can't give up 4 goals and expect to win. Look I love hank just as much as everybody else, but if he wants to be concidered elite, he HAS to carry a team when shits not going right. Look across the river, fatso does it EVERY YEAR! He even did it when he got caught bangen his sis-in-law. That's fucken clutch! Hanks got to want it, has to step up. And I'm not forgetting those 2 top paid fuck faces #19 & #10, DO SOMETHING. Steps, nice knowing ya kid, you'll be shipped out along with, sorry to say it, torts. He's lost this team.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Uh oh, are you guys gonna start arguing to? :lol:

See what a losing streak will do?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Uh oh, are you guys gonna start arguing to? :lol:

See what a losing streak will do?

Nah, I rip my team not the fans cuz we're in this shit together. It ain't easy being a rangers fan.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    regarding tortorella's job security, i agree with most of this article: http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2013/2/2 ... -should-he

firing and hiring a new coach in a shortened season would probably do this team (or any team for that matter) more harm than good. learning a new coach's system and buying into it takes time, and that would be wasted time with not a ton of games remaining. if ruff is still avaliable in the offseason, i think sather needs to think long and hard about that decision. i like torts, but he lost his players and needs to find a way to get them back.

if the rangers get healthy, they are a lucky bounce or two away from a winning streak and hopefully catching fire. lundqvist looks AWFUL. maybe he should have played overseas like most of the league during the lockout instead of living the NYC life and attending photoshoot after photoshoot.

we get it dude, you look good in a suit. start stopping pucks.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    badbrains wrote:
    Dude, how many times are you gonna get beat high glove side? Game in game out always one goes in. You can't give up 4 goals and expect to win. Look I love hank just as much as everybody else, but if he wants to be concidered elite, he HAS to carry a team when shits not going right. Look across the river, fatso does it EVERY YEAR! He even did it when he got caught bangen his sis-in-law. That's fucken clutch! Hanks got to want it, has to step up. And I'm not forgetting those 2 top paid fuck faces #19 & #10, DO SOMETHING. Steps, nice knowing ya kid, you'll be shipped out along with, sorry to say it, torts. He's lost this team.

agreed. love hank, hate brodeur, but brodeur knows how to step it up when the team in front of him goes to shit. lundqvist has not kicked it into that gear once in his career.

speaking of # 10, would it kill him to fight and dig for a puck in the corner when on the powerplay? :fp:
    Zucarellos return?

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2013/2/2 ... zuccarello

will this little guy even make a difference?
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Zucarellos return?

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2013/2/2 ... zuccarello

will this little guy even make a difference?

Ya read that earlier. As long as he can score again why not? Can't hurt hahaha
    "A few stitches never hurt nobody" -Ryan McDonagh who looks to make his return to the ice tonight!
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    Kreider sent down to Hartford
    platessmall.jpg
    McD in, Nash gametime decision.
    platessmall.jpg
    Nice win. Nash not a star of the game. Weird
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Nice win. Nash not a star of the game. Weird

fucking writers.
    he controlled much of the game
    how does he not get a star of the game?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Team Notes:
    - The Rangers defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning, 4-1, tonight at Madison Square Garden, to complete their season series against the Lightning.

- The Blueshirts improved to 9-8-2 (20 pts) overall, including a 7-4-1 mark at home this season.

- The Rangers swept the season series against the Lightning (3-0-0), having out-scored Tampa Bay, 12-4, in three games.

- The Rangers have registered a point in 16 of their last 19 games against the Lightning (12-3-4 over the span), dating back to a 2-1 win at Tampa Bay on Oct. 4, 2008.

- The Rangers improved to 19-4-2 in their last 25 games against Southeast Division opponents, including a 4-1-0 mark against the Southeast Division this season. The Blueshirts have out-scored their Southeast Division opponents, 84-51, over the span.

- The Rangers held the Lightning scoreless in three power play attempts against (6:00), and are now 27-29 (93.1%) on the penalty kill in the last 10 games.

- The Blueshirts out-shot the Lightning, 42-25, including a 20-3 advantage in the first period. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the last time the Rangers had a 17-shot advantage in a period was on Jan. 9, 2010, when New York out-shot Boston, 21-3, in the second period. The Rangers’ 42 shots tied their season high.

- The Rangers won 38 of 57 faceoffs (67%), led by Brad Richards (17-20, 85%) and Derek Stepan (11-17, 65%).

Player Notes:
    - Henrik Lundqvist made 24 saves and is now 8-7-1 overall, including a 6-4-0 mark at home this season. He has held opponents to two goals or less in nine of his last 13 games, posting a record of 7-5-1 with a 1.99 goals against average and .927 save percentage over the span. Lundqvist has now started 29 of the Rangers’ last 31 contests against Tampa Bay, posting a record of 16-7-6 during the stretch.

- Rick Nash notched a goal, added a power play assist and registered a career-high, 12 shots on goal in 19:15 of ice time, while making his return to the lineup after missing the previous four games due to injury. He has tallied an assist/point in each of his last five games (two goals, five assists over the span).

- Carl Hagelin opened the game’s scoring with an even strength goal at 7:23 of the first period, and registered five shots on goal in 17:29 of ice time. He has now tallied nine points (six goals, three assists) in the last nine games.

- Derek Stepan notched a goal and won 11-17 faceoffs (65%) in 19:39 of ice time. He now has points in five of the last eight games (three goals, two assists over the span).

- Marc Staal registered a power play goal and logged a game-high, 26:40 of ice time. He has now recorded eight points (one goal, seven assists) in the last 12 games, including three points (one goal, two assists) in the last four contests.

- Ryan McDonagh tallied two assists and logged 25:34 of ice time, in his return to the lineup after missing the previous game due to injury. He has now registered seven points (two goals, five assists) in his last nine games.

- Ryan Callahan recorded an assist and was credited with two hits in 23:14 of ice time. He has now registered three points (two goals, one assist) in the last four games.

- Dan Girardi registered an assist and was credited with a team-high, three blocked shots in 21:22 of ice time. He has now tallied six points (one goal, five assists) in the last nine games, including an assist in each of the last two contests.

- J.T. Miller tallied a power play assist and registered four shots on goal in 12:33 of ice time. He has now recorded two assists in the last four games.

- Brad Richards recorded one assist, three shots on goal, and won 17-20 faceoffs (85%) in 21:36 of ice time. He has now tallied two assists and won 28-37 faceoffs (75.7%) in the last two games.

Post-Game Quotes:
    - John Tortorella on Ryan Callahan…
    “You talk about Ryan Callahan; you call him a grinder or a banger. He gets overlooked as far as his offensive abilities and his talents because the other stuff sticks out, but that’s always in his game. That’s why he’s our captain and leads us in how we need to play.”

- Rick Nash on tonight’s game…
    “We have to get streaky. I think if we just build momentum off of tonight and carry it into the next one, we were doing a lot of good things so I think we’ll be fine.”

- Carl Hagelin on Rick Nash’s return…
    “When you get a guy like that back everyone wants to bring their level up to where he is which is tough - he is one of the best players in the league. You can see how he brings size, and how the other team really respects him, and starts playing tentative around him.”
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Happy Birthday to the Vezina winner.

Hank!

557885_10151362636014858_1030003902_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    Look there from across town

:lol:

164408_10200593143529403_645048125_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    I thought they weren't going to take advantage of that hit to Richards
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    I thought they weren't going to take advantage of that hit to Richards

A Kaleta suspension is in order,..,
    but then again its a Ranger ......
    so they may likely turn the other cheek like they did with Pacioretty.
    platessmall.jpg
    King Henrik prevails over Team USA's goalie

482450_4591143301982_525023622_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Richards had an Oscar winning performance on the ice there.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Richards had an Oscar winning performance on the ice there.

are you actually insinuating that Kaletas hit wasnt filthy?
    platessmall.jpg
  • The Rangers defeated the Buffalo Sabres, 3-2, in the shootout tonight at Madison Square Garden, to improve to 2-1-0 on their current four-game homestand.
    - The Blueshirts are now 10-8-2 (22 pts) overall, including an 8-4-1 mark at home this season.

- The Rangers and Sabres have been separated by one goal in nine of their last 13 meetings, including five that required overtime (two in the shootout).

- The Rangers held the Sabres scoreless in five power play attempts against (9:28), and are now 32-34 (94.1%) on the penalty kill in the last 11 games. New York improved to 6-3-1 when holding opponents scoreless on the power play.

- The Blueshirts tallied two goals in four power play attempts (7:33), and have now recorded a power play goal in five of the last eight games (6-27, 22.2% over the span).

Player Notes:
    - Rick Nash tallied the game-deciding goal in the shootout, and registered a power play goal and power play assist in 21:29 of ice time. He has now recorded a point in each of his last six games (three goals, six assists over the span).

- Derek Stepan notched a power play goal and won 16-27 faceoffs (59%) in 24:28 of ice time. He has now tallied a point in six of the last nine games (four goals, two assists over the span).

- Henrik Lundqvist made 28 saves through regulation/overtime and stopped 2-2 shots faced in the shootout to improve to 9-7-1 overall, including a 7-4-0 mark at home this season. He has held opponents to two goals or less in 10 of his last 14 games, posting a record of 8-5-1 with a 1.98 goals against average and .927 save percentage over the span.

- Marian Gaborik recorded two power play assists in 18:00 of ice time. He has now registered three assists in the last three games.

- Michael Del Zotto tallied a power play assist and was credited with two blocked shots in 19:29 of ice time. He is now tied for second on the team with three power play assists this season.

- Ryan Callahan converted his shootout attempt to improve to 3-3 in shootouts this season, was credited with a team-high, six hits, and led all forwards with 26:04 of ice time.

- Dan Girardi was credited with a game-high, five blocked shots and logged 27:13 of ice time.

Post-Game Quotes:
    - John Tortorella on the Patrick Kaleta hit…
    “I’m glad we made them pay. It’s disgusting. It’s a lack of respect. Each team wants to beat the other team, but you have to respect what’s going on, on the ice.”

- Rick Nash on tonight’s game…
    “It’s a big win. I think we can come out a bit sharper. There wasn’t much there at the start. They played a good road period for the first two (periods). I’m proud of the guys, they stuck with it and we got a big win.”

- Derek Stepan on the penalty kill…
    “Special teams is a big part of the game, especially tonight. Our PK’s been better and better as the year has gone on. It stepped up tonight for sure.”
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • Marc Staal on the hit

"It pisses you off and gets you angry. It was a cheap hit. I played against him in juniors. He does a lot of those hits and cheap shots and a lot of times he doesn't back it up, either. He either gets kicked out and you don't see him for a month or he sits on the bench for the rest of the game."
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024