Nice Rangers win
    I miss igotid88
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    kenshunt wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    can we go back to the lockout?

:wtf: :wtf:
    i'm sure you are glad the lockouts over now lol

Nice win and all, but they looked fucking FLAT those first 2 periods.
    PP is still a major major concern .
    And can anyone out there clear VanRiemsdyke from out in front of Hank ?
    Anyone?
    Nash was the catalyst for that comeback- fighting like a BEAST for the puck.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Team Notes:
    - The Rangers began a three-game homestand tonight with a 5-2 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Madison Square Garden.

- The Blueshirts improved to 2-3-0 (4 pts) overall, including a 2-1-0 mark at MSG this season.

- The Rangers have now recorded a point in 11 of their last 13 meetings with the Maple Leafs, posting a record of 9-2-2 over the span. New York has out-scored Toronto, 48-25, during the stretch.

- New York notched four goals in the third period, their most in a single period since tallying four goals in the first period of a 5-3 win at Philadelphia on April 3, 2012.

- The Blueshirts are now 2-1-0 against Original Six opponents this season. New York has nine scheduled games against Original Six teams in 2013.

- The Rangers out-shot the Maple Leafs, 42-17, in the contest, including a 14-3 advantage in the first period and a 17-8 advantage in the third. Rick Nash led all skaters with a Rangers’ season-high, eight shots on goal.

Player Notes:
    - Marian Gaborik notched two goals, including the game-winning goal and an empty netter, added two assists, registered five shots on goal and posted a plus-four rating in 22:34 of ice time. He extended his point streak to three games, tallying eight points (five goals, three assists) over the span. It is the 14th time in Gaborik’s career he posted four or more points in a game. Gaborik now leads the team and is tied for fifth in the league in scoring with eight points, and is tied for second in the NHL with five goals.

- Marc Staal tallied the game-tying goal at 7:36 of the third period, added the primary assist on Gaborik’s game-winning goal and posted a plus-four rating in 25:47 of ice time. He has now recorded three points (one goal, two assists) in the last three games. Staal was also credited with three hits and two blocked shots in the contest.

- Brad Richards registered a goal and an assist, and posted a plus-four rating in 22:01 of ice time. He now ranks second on the team in scoring with six points (two goals, four assists) in five games this season.

- Rick Nash tallied two assists, a game-high, eight shots on goal, three hits and a plus-four rating in 22:54 of ice time. He now leads the team and is tied for second in the NHL with 23 shots on goal this season.

- Michael Del Zotto recorded two assists and a plus-four rating in a team-high, 26:40 of ice time. He has now tallied four assists in the last four games, and is tied for fourth among NHL defensemen with four assists on the season.

- Henrik Lundqvist made 15 saves to improve to 2-3-0 overall, including a 2-1-0 mark at home this season. He is now 2-1-0 with a 2.35 goals against average and a .911 save percentage in the last three games.

- Derek Stepan registered his 100th career NHL point with an assist, and won 4-7 faceoffs (57%) in 17:31 of ice time.

- Brian Boyle notched a goal, led all skaters with seven hits and won a game-high, 12-20 faceoffs (60%) in 16:04 of ice time.

- Dan Girardi tallied an assist, registered four shots on goal, and was credited with three hits and four blocked shots in 24:49 of ice time.
    Post-Game Quotes:

- John Tortorella on staying with their game plan…
    “I don’t know if the first four games had anything to do with it, I thought we were playing well. It was a matter of staying with it. Their goalie played really well, and we just needed to keep on playing our game. If we scored a couple goals I thought we would win it. We finally did that in the third.”

- Henrik Lundqvist on getting the win…
    “It was confidence but still you saw what happened after the first period. We were all over them and they still had a 2-0 lead, but that’s hockey. A couple of quick plays and tough bounces and it’s in your net. Yeah it was a good feeling; it felt like we were playing really well but at the same time they were defending really well. Finally we just put too much pressure on them. We definitely deserve this win, no question. We played such a good game from start to finish.”

- Marc Staal on tonight’s game…
    “I think the day off yesterday helped to kind of recharge our batteries. I thought we had a lot more jump today and the forecheck was better. We were just all over those loose pucks and winning races we didn’t win last game. It was good for us to get on the right track.”
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Arnott didnt pass physical
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    Arnott didnt pass physical

d'oh !

have a link?
    platessmall.jpg
    edited January 2013
    got it- its all over the interwebs

http://nyrnation.net/rangers-add-vetera ... year-deal/

UPDATE: Jason Arnott Fails Physical with New York Rangers
    By Eric Bancker on Jan 26, 2013 with Comments 0

UPDATE (1/27): Jason Arnott has failed his physical with the New York Rangers and NYR doctors would not clear Arnott.

ORIGINAL: With the Rangers getting off to a slow start, Glen Sather has made a move to bolster the roster. Thus signing Jason Arnott to a one-year deal worth $1.6 million, pro-rated. The deal will become final on Sunday once Arnott passes his physical, so this means he won’t be in the lineup tonight but he should be ready for when the Rangers take on the Flyers. Arnot will add a veteran presence to an underachieving Rangers team. He will add grit, face-off winning ability, he can play on the power play, and he brings a Stanely Cup to the table as well.

In over 1,200 games, the 18-year veteran, Arnott has 417 career goals and 521 assists.

I love this move for the Rangers, he brings a lot to the table.
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
  • much better read than jason arnott being too old or out of shape.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_ ... -toughness
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    much better read than jason arnott being too old or out of shape.

:clap::clap::clap:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • much better read than jason arnott being too old or out of shape.

very cool story

Sidenote: I named my son after Gravey (Adam) got to meet him in Hartford during a practice and without asking him, he gave my son a puck and signed his hockey stick and gave it to us. wish I brought a camera:)
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    much better read than jason arnott being too old or out of shape.

adam f'ing graves

:clap::clap::clap:
    Adam Graves has been working with Garden Of Dreams Foundationfor some time.

My friend and coworker Sheila's son Christopher has become very close friends with Adam,
    as has this young lady Taylor.

Adam himself wrote this artice last Friday, for anyone who might be interested.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-grav ... _ref=false

I have a few passions in life, my family, hockey and serving the community. While playing with the New York Rangers from 1991-2001, I had the privilege of having my personal dream come true of playing hockey at the highest level, while also giving back to the community.

From a young age I was privileged enough as a child to share my room and home with foster children and I learned so much from them.

As a professional athlete it is important that we support our local communities and lend a helping hand. There is a responsibility that comes with being fortunate enough to play at the professional level; whether it is visiting sick children in the hospital, hosting a toy drive or hosting a family at a game.

Over the years my own children have been actively involved with the Rangers' community efforts. My oldest daughter Madison began helping with youth hockey camps at the age of 10. Montana, my second daughter has also volunteered her time to help with clinics and camp for the last few years. As a family for the last two years, my wife and three children, Logan being the youngest, have volunteered to serve at the annual MSG Day of Giving on Christmas day. By far this is one of the highlights of the year for us as a family. To see my children giving to others makes me very proud. It makes me even prouder that they have asked to do it the last two years.

Since retiring in 2003, I was given an incredible opportunity to return to the organization in a different capacity, helping to build the team working with hockey operations and giving back to the community through my role with the Garden of Dreams Foundation and our grassroots programs.

A year ago the Foundation began a floor hockey program for inner-city children, called Power Players. The program was created to teach children who would not normally have access to hockey the game. Being that hockey is such a passion of mine, I loved the idea of this program. This eight week program also focuses on values we all need to learn in life, commitment, excellence, fun, respect, responsibility and teamwork. Participating in the final tournament showed me how much their lives were impacted by the program by the way they smiled and how much fun they are having just by playing something as simple as floor hockey.

Since 2006, I have gained an abundance of friendships through the Foundation. One that immediately comes to mind is Chris, a young man who I met when he was 17, he is now 21. We call each other regularly and he never forgets to send me a happy birthday text. We have enjoyed Rangers' games together and I am always eager to hear his hockey assessment of our favorite team, the New York Rangers. When I spend time with Chris I realize how fortunate I am to have him in my life. People may think he is fortunate to have me, but I see it the other way around.

Then there is Taylor. She and I met in 2010, while I was visiting Stephen and Alexandra Cohen Children's Medical Center of New York. She was undergoing grueling treatment and I, a total stranger walked into her hospital room. Taylor was so happy and gracious during our visit, never once complaining about being sick. We immediately formed a bond and it has been going strong ever since. She and I speak often, usually I call to encourage her, but instead typically she encourages me.

Having the opportunity to meet these children and share our mutual passion for hockey, blesses me as much as it may them. These are relationships that will last a lifetime! When I am old and gray (oops, I am already gray) I know Chris and I will still enjoy hockey talk and Taylor and I will still enjoy a smile.

This Saturday, January 26 I hope you will join me for a smile at Garden of Laughs, a comedy event at The Theater at Madison Square Garden to benefit the Garden of Dreams Foundation. How fitting that an organization that brings joy to children will gather some of the biggest names in comedy to make everyone laugh for a night and raise money to spread that laughter to children that need it most.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Adam Graves has been working with Garden Of Dreams Foundationfor some time.

My friend and coworker Sheila's son Christopher has become very close friends with Adam,
    as has this young lady Taylor.

Adam himself wrote this artice last Friday, for anyone who might be interested.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-grav ... _ref=false

I have a few passions in life, my family, hockey and serving the community. While playing with the New York Rangers from 1991-2001, I had the privilege of having my personal dream come true of playing hockey at the highest level, while also giving back to the community.

From a young age I was privileged enough as a child to share my room and home with foster children and I learned so much from them.

As a professional athlete it is important that we support our local communities and lend a helping hand. There is a responsibility that comes with being fortunate enough to play at the professional level; whether it is visiting sick children in the hospital, hosting a toy drive or hosting a family at a game.

Over the years my own children have been actively involved with the Rangers' community efforts. My oldest daughter Madison began helping with youth hockey camps at the age of 10. Montana, my second daughter has also volunteered her time to help with clinics and camp for the last few years. As a family for the last two years, my wife and three children, Logan being the youngest, have volunteered to serve at the annual MSG Day of Giving on Christmas day. By far this is one of the highlights of the year for us as a family. To see my children giving to others makes me very proud. It makes me even prouder that they have asked to do it the last two years.

Since retiring in 2003, I was given an incredible opportunity to return to the organization in a different capacity, helping to build the team working with hockey operations and giving back to the community through my role with the Garden of Dreams Foundation and our grassroots programs.

A year ago the Foundation began a floor hockey program for inner-city children, called Power Players. The program was created to teach children who would not normally have access to hockey the game. Being that hockey is such a passion of mine, I loved the idea of this program. This eight week program also focuses on values we all need to learn in life, commitment, excellence, fun, respect, responsibility and teamwork. Participating in the final tournament showed me how much their lives were impacted by the program by the way they smiled and how much fun they are having just by playing something as simple as floor hockey.

Since 2006, I have gained an abundance of friendships through the Foundation. One that immediately comes to mind is Chris, a young man who I met when he was 17, he is now 21. We call each other regularly and he never forgets to send me a happy birthday text. We have enjoyed Rangers' games together and I am always eager to hear his hockey assessment of our favorite team, the New York Rangers. When I spend time with Chris I realize how fortunate I am to have him in my life. People may think he is fortunate to have me, but I see it the other way around.

Then there is Taylor. She and I met in 2010, while I was visiting Stephen and Alexandra Cohen Children's Medical Center of New York. She was undergoing grueling treatment and I, a total stranger walked into her hospital room. Taylor was so happy and gracious during our visit, never once complaining about being sick. We immediately formed a bond and it has been going strong ever since. She and I speak often, usually I call to encourage her, but instead typically she encourages me.

Having the opportunity to meet these children and share our mutual passion for hockey, blesses me as much as it may them. These are relationships that will last a lifetime! When I am old and gray (oops, I am already gray) I know Chris and I will still enjoy hockey talk and Taylor and I will still enjoy a smile.

This Saturday, January 26 I hope you will join me for a smile at Garden of Laughs, a comedy event at The Theater at Madison Square Garden to benefit the Garden of Dreams Foundation. How fitting that an organization that brings joy to children will gather some of the biggest names in comedy to make everyone laugh for a night and raise money to spread that laughter to children that need it most.

That's awesome, you can always tell with him that he's not doing it for a photo op or a story to be written. It was cool to see one of my best friends in the biz do this story, especially since he mostly covers the Knicks these days.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Alright, alright, game day is here! Flyers/rangers, lets do this...anyone going to the game tonight?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    REDEMPTION!

biron to start?
    nice to see the back to backs starti ng to affect other teams right now.
    Like I said earlier, its going to affect all teams.

Sather appears to be looking al around the league for another power forward,
    since Arnott was not be to pass the physical.
    Looks like they are all 30 +
    Newsday:
    Daymond Langkow, 36, a center who was 11-19-30 in 73 games for Phoenix last season and 1-6-7 in 16 playoff games; Radek Dvorak, 35, who was 4-17-21 in 73 games for Dallas and played with the Rangers from 1999-2003, and Brendan Morrison, 37, who was 4-7-11 in 39 games for Chicago and Calgary.

Tonight the Garden should be rocking.
    LETS GO RANGERS
    platessmall.jpg
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    tonight should be a laugher..a real LOL'r

Broadway 4 Broad Street 1

Callahan
    Richards
    Staal
    Stepan Briere
    JC29856 wrote:
    tonight should be a laugher..a real LOL'r

Broadway 4 Broad Street 1

Callahan
    Richards
    Staal
    Stepan Briere

no Gabby, or Nash?
    platessmall.jpg
    Fuck
    be on the lookout
    Stu Bickel is back in !
    :wtf:

LETS GO RANGERS !
    platessmall.jpg
    Somehow, I knew Boyle wouldnt fight Simmons ( or anyone else )
    platessmall.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Oh crap. Not Callahan
    I miss igotid88
    that looked ugly, almost as ugly as the too many men penalty,
    and poof a goal .

:roll:
    platessmall.jpg
    Too close for comfort.
    Hate winning like that !

Will be waiting toi hear about Cally,
    maybe we get to see Kreider a little quicker than otherwise,
    platessmall.jpg
    556554_10151285858174858_493851529_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Really fun game! Im so amazed at how Nash sets people up and gives this team chances to score.

I hope Cally is alright
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

Really fun game! Im so amazed at how Nash sets people up and gives this team chances to score.

I hope Cally is alright

Agreed.
    Cally is a momentum builder, for sure.
    He scored his 200th NHL career point tonight before getting hurt.

And Nash is just a beast, no other way to describe him.

Stepan and Hagelin ( aside from his too many men penalty ) also had good games.

Thursday should be good against the Penguins,
    considering they got slapped around pretty good by the Isles tonight.
    platessmall.jpg
    486040_4928368403492_487537674_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Team Notes:
    - The Rangers won their second consecutive game with a 2-1 victory against the Philadelphia Flyers at Madison Square Garden. New York has begun their current three-game homestand with two wins.

- The Blueshirts improved to 3-3-0 (6 pts) overall, including a 3-1-0 mark at MSG this season.

- The Rangers have won nine of their last 10 games against the Flyers, dating back to a 7-0 win at MSG on Mar. 6, 2011. The Blueshirts have out-scored the Flyers, 37-16, over the span.

- The Blueshirts extended their home winning streak against Philadelphia to five games, out-scoring the Flyers, 20-5, during the streak.

- The Rangers power play was 1-2 (2:29) in the contest, while the penalty kill was 5-6 (9:41).

- The Blueshirts were credited with 39 hits, with 16 of 18 skaters being credited with at least one hit in the contest. Brian Boyle led all skaters with seven hits, and has now been credited with 14 hits in the last two games.

- The Rangers won 40 of 61 faceoffs (66%) in the contest, led by Brad Richards (16-27, 59%), Brian Boyle (10-16, 63%) and Derek Stepan (8-9, 89%).

Player Notes:
    - Michael Del Zotto notched the game’s opening goal at 1:57 of the first period, added a power play assist, three shots on goal, and was credited with three hits and two blocked shots in 20:48 of ice time. He has now recorded six points (two goals, four assists) in the last five games, including four points (two goals, two assists) in the last two games. Del Zotto is now tied for second on the team overall in assists (four) and points (six), and leads Rangers defensemen in goals (two), assists and points. He is now five points shy of his 100th career NHL point.

- Ryan Callahan registered his 200th career NHL point with the game-winning goal, while on the power play, at 11:31 of the second period. He has now tallied two goals in three contests against Atlantic Division opponents this season.

- Henrik Lundqvist made 26 saves to improve to 3-3-0 overall, including a 3-1-0 mark at home this season. He has held opponents to two or fewer goals in each of the last three contests, and is 3-1-0 with a 2.01 goals against average and a .925 save percentage in the last four games.

- Benn Ferriero tallied his first point as a Ranger with the lone assist on Del Zotto’s first period goal and was credited with two blocked shots in the contest. Ferriero was acquired by the Rangers from Pittsburgh in exchange for Chad Kolarik on Thursday.

- Rick Nash recorded a power play assist, three shots on goal, and was credited with three hits and two takeaways while leading all team forwards with 22:06 of ice time. He has now tallied three assists in the last two games, and leads the team in assists (five) and is tied for second in points (six) through six games.

- Ryan McDonagh was credited with three hits and three blocked shots while skating in a Rangers’ season-high, 30:09 of ice time. It is the second time in his career McDonagh logged 30:00+ of ice time, having skated in a career-high, 32:04 of ice time in a 3-2 win at Boston on January 21, 2012.

Post-Game Quotes:
    - John Tortorella on the power play…
    “The last game, going into that we had some good looks. We probably had five or six chances on the power play in the last game. Tonight, I thought Danny (Dan Girardi) and Del Z (Michael Del Zotto) did a really good job up top, and Nasher (Rick Nash) coming off the wall. We had really good puck movement on that power play. The past couple of games, we were getting much more movement out of it, and obviously we scored a big goal on it tonight.”

- Henrik Lundqvist on tonight’s game…
    “It was definitely key tonight to have our special teams play well. To kill off the 5 on 3 in the second period was huge. Obviously the last ten minutes of the game we kept taking penalties. Our guys stepped up and played really well in front. We were in a similar spot when we played in Philly [on Thursday], we had our chances on the power play but we didn’t take it. They definitely had their chances toniht, but we played really well. We played smart and hard, and really aggressive, I think. It was a good game… A good win for us.”

- Michael Del Zotto on tonight’s game…
    “We’re trying to keep our game consistent, and I thought last game we did a great job of trying to gain our identity back. Tonight we followed up with it. Maybe it wasn’t the prettiest at times, but we found a way to win. That’s one thing we did a great job with last year, sticking with our game plan, being there for each other. It was a huge two points for us.”
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024