Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,793
    .eu now
    I miss igotid88
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    igotid88 wrote:
    firstrow has been seized

???
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,793
    edited February 2012
    igotid88 wrote:
    firstrow has been seized

???

the same thing that happened with megaupload
    where we watch the rangers online.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    firstrow has been seized

???

where we watch the rangers online.

ohhhhhhhh this is just out of hand :? :? :?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    igotid88 wrote:
    firstrow has been seized

NO!!!!!!! They are my go to guys as I live in Ireland.

Edit: When did this happen? I just watched their last game the other night.
    Rangers just traded Christensen.
    http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr120203.html
    eddiec wrote:

yea big move :lol:

although i read we want ryan smyth ...but i heard dubi's name mentioned...that doesn't work for me

obviously looking at smith for the pp.....and we could use a scoring winger
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Soon to be 36 year old Smyth for Dubinsky? Wow I would hate that deal..
    Jwmcc wrote:

as interesting as smyth is...the age doesn't work for anyone
    Jwmcc wrote:

as interesting as smyth is...the age doesn't work for anyone

It works for about 16-25 playoff games. The Rangers may be throwing away Dubinsky and be putting in all their chips to win it this year. Risky.
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    True, while I know Henrik isn't getting any younger this team is in the top 5 in youngest average age,so I don't see the desperation in that this team only has one shot to go all the way in the next 4-5 years
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    not a chance in hell the rangers move dubinsky.

it's that simple.
    this is whats gonna make or break this team over the next few years

the right moves can bring us a cup in the near future

the wrong moves....i cringe when i think about it

we all remember 94 saying matteau ???? noonan??? larmer???.....

sather has to come up big and smart at the same time
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

I was thinking this as well. Don't forget MacTavish and Anderson coming in...even though Anderson for Gartner was a wash in hindsight. Some moves need to be made for now. IMO the Rangers have a team this year they need to push with for the Cup...pull no stops and let it rip.
    DS1119 wrote:

I was thinking this as well. Don't forget MacTavish and Anderson coming in...even though Anderson for Gartner was a wash in hindsight. Some moves need to be made for now. IMO the Rangers have a team this year they need to push with for the Cup...pull no stops and let it rip.

gartner wasn't a playoff guy..messier knew it

anderson got the winner in that huge game 2 @ MSG

every move they made that year came up big
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    are you guys really talking cup? :lol:

focus on the first rounds guys :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

yes ..maybe not this year, but within the next few years this team has a chance to do something special
    i know henry is a goalie that can win a cup with the right all around team

nevermind the first round...we need to focus on sunday ..then tuesday and so on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :thumbup: :lol:

fuckin afternoon games.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

gartner wasn't a playoff guy..messier knew it

anderson got the winner in that huge game 2 @ MSG

every move they made that year came up big

I'm not arguing with the moves Neil Smith made that year but Anderson may have been a playoff guy prior to coming to the Rangers but he wasn't when he was with them or after. Since he was traded to the Rangers in 94 he had a combined 13 points over three seasons with the Rangers and Blues in his final three seasons (6 points in 23 playoff games with the Rangers). The Gartner for Anderson trade was one that did not need to be made. Didn't hurt the club...but didn't really help either...just neutral in hindsight and I would have preferred to have Gartner on the team after 94 in all honesty.
    81 wrote:

They are one or two key trades away...they need that gritty winger type on this team...can't put my finger on who.
    All really valid statements here. The Rangers need to be smart. A friend of mine recently went to a Wolfpack game and there were something like 12-14 guys who have had good stints with the Rangers. This team has depth and can be a contender for many years. Please, please lets not fall back into the mercenary years of the late '90's. The cup is coming to NY- maybe not this year but sometime soon. (But i hope this year.) ;)
    http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2012-artic ... e-duo.html

hmnnn lots of talent out their on the market

no interest in jeff carter :lol:
    hopefully the devils and flyers kill each other tonight

and hopefully their is no overtime

tomorrow should be fun as always....nyc will be jumping ......decent weather...the superbowl....rangers/flyers

super stoked !!!
    anyone else think that rangers/flyers is the biggest sports game on tomorrow :)
  • rival. wrote:

um no and I love hockey. At least the NBA and NHL weren't dumb enough to schedule games at the same time as the Super Bowl.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    edited February 2012
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm not arguing with the moves Neil Smith made that year but Anderson may have been a playoff guy prior to coming to the Rangers but he wasn't when he was with them or after. Since he was traded to the Rangers in 94 he had a combined 13 points over three seasons with the Rangers and Blues in his final three seasons (6 points in 23 playoff games with the Rangers). The Gartner for Anderson trade was one that did not need to be made. Didn't hurt the club...but didn't really help either...just neutral in hindsight and I would have preferred to have Gartner on the team after 94 in all honesty.

both gartner and anderson had beast careers and were in a similar spot in their career come '94. but with anderson's proven championship track record with messier, that is a deal you pull the trigger on if it presents itself.

remember the shorthanded goal anderson scored while following messier down the ice in game 2 of the finals?

edit: neily already touched up on that goal. but players don't just find themselves in those positions.

the rangers will make a move or two this deadline. i hope whatever decisions sather makes isn't too short sighted, and DOES NOT INCLUDE DUBINSKY!
    Post edited by rival. on
    rival. wrote:

um no and I love hockey. At least the NBA and NHL weren't dumb enough to schedule games at the same time as the Super Bowl.

hehe.

it will be fun kicking it off with a rangers win, followed by the Super Bowl. wonder how many giants jerseys are going to be present at MSG :lol:
    wow, last month this thread became 6 years old :clap:

and man, the first page has the name rosival, a picture of sykora, and mention's messier's # retirement night. :lol:
    rival. wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

both gartner and anderson had beast careers and were in a similar spot in their career come '94. but with anderson's proven championship track record with messier, that is a deal you pull the trigger on if it presents itself.

remember the shorthanded goal anderson scored while following messier down the ice in game 2 of the finals?

edit: neily already touched up on that goal. but players don't just find themselves in those positions.

the rangers will make a move or two this deadline. i hope whatever decisions sather makes isn't too short sighted, and DOES NOT INCLUDE DUBINSKY!

I can't arugue with you it's just that I feel that one deal didn't really help or hurt the Rangers for that season. It should have been made and was...but in hindsight I don't think it mattered much.
    HUGE HUGE GAME TODAY

this team will be hungry after yesterday

be nice to extend the division lead

hit em hard and wear em down

LET'S GO!!!!!

it's hard enough to go watch these 1pm games.....i can't imagine playing em :mrgreen: