Can you die from a cold?

2»

Comments

• I think it's sweet when a guy is sick and they turn helpless. Just makes me want to baby them.

I need my binky Mommy...
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • I think it's sweet when a guy is sick and they turn helpless. Just makes me want to baby them.

You're kidding me?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Woke up with what feels like a cold this morning and I'm pretty sure I'm going to die.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I think it's sweet when a guy is sick and they turn helpless. Just makes me want to baby them.

cough cough...i don't feel so good
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    I think it's sweet when a guy is sick and they turn helpless. Just makes me want to baby them.

go get your own damn blankie and soup :x
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

go get your own damn blankie and soup :x

go away
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Was hoping for some good ideas here. I have a trip next week and I really don't want to be sick. I've alredy been pounding vitamin c, will do the soup thing today, and I have the heat cranked and I'm sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Was hoping for some good ideas here. I have a trip next week and I really don't want to be sick. I've alredy been pounding vitamin c, will do the soup thing today, and I have the heat cranked and I'm sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket.

OJ....lots of OJ. OJ with a little gin mixed in is ideal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    DS1119 wrote:

fucking hell Howard Hughes.... why not just get an oxygen tent whilst you're at it...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Alcohol doesn't work.
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Alcohol doesn't work.

it always makes me feel better.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    DS1119 wrote:
    Alcohol doesn't work.

um............what?
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    itsevobaby wrote:
    woman with a cold = the sniffles
    man with a cold = the plague

No truer words spoken.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Nice shirt.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I was going to wish the OP a speedy recovery but 5 years is not very speedy ;)
  • if you gonna die,die with your boots on...and with your jello in...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Take a zinc pill every day. And if it gets super bad, go to your doc and get a Z-pac, that will knock it right out and you'll be all good for your trip :D

Hope you feel better!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    if you gonna die,die with your boots on...and with your jello in...

That song helped me alot when i was younger and had no confidence, helped install a real fuck it attitude.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Take a zinc pill every day. And if it gets super bad, go to your doc and get a Z-pac, that will knock it right out and you'll be all good for your trip :D

Hope you feel better!!!

Thanks but I'm preparing my will. It's the end.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Hope you feel better!!!
    That's a pretty significant problem right there. If you have a doc prescribing Z-pac for an actual cold, he should have his medical license taken away. Over-prescribing (and incorrectly prescribing) antibiotics is a HUGE problem and it's causing antibiotic resistant bacteria that will some day not be affected by any available medication.
    If is a bacterial sinus infection, that's one thing, but if it's a cold virus....yikes...time to find a new doc! :?
  • if you gonna die,die with your boots on...and with your jello in...

That song helped me alot when i was younger and had no confidence, helped install a real fuck it attitude.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMorZnGxhv4
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”