Can you die from a cold?

orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
...cause I'm pretty sure I'm about to kill myself.

oh to breathe again...just once more...if only.

tell me why, i blow my nose and almost immediately its snotville all over again....why?

and this cough....god dammit my toilet is less a toilet and more a mucus receptacle. gross, eh?

oh, thank you nyquil for helping me trip balls at night. last night i was flipping back and forth between Saving Private Ryan and Wizard of Oz...my dreams/hallucinations were interesting to say the least.

speaking of nyquil...g'night healthy folks.
Jam out with your clam out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Sounds like you got a good one that's going around. :( Hope you feel better soon! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • long red wrote:

tell me why, i blow my nose and almost immediately its snotville all over again....why?

and this cough....god dammit my toilet is less a toilet and more a mucus receptacle. gross, eh?

oh, thank you nyquil for helping me trip balls at night. last night i was flipping back and forth between Saving Private Ryan and Wizard of Oz...my dreams/hallucinations were interesting to say the least.

I'm miserable with one right now, too. :( I feel your pain!
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    That chick from meet the parents died of bad cold (the one that got married in the first one)
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Too. Much. Detail.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    cool hallucinations, though, huh?

i could think of worse than saving private ryan.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Yes.....you can die from about anything. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    woman with a cold = the sniffles
    man with a cold = the plague
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Hork one up for me...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    itsevobaby wrote:

definitely true
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    Just be glad you don't have a herniated spinal disc. Every sneeze is torture.
  • itsevobaby wrote:

I was going to ask if you have 'man flu'!

Seriously though, it does make you feel miserable but eat a good meal and get plenty of fresh air and sleep.
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Not sure if you can die from a cold...don't mean you can't feel like you are though.
    Plenty of fluids and lots of rest should help.

Hope you feel better soon..
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • I got rid of my cold in the space of 3 days. I took 3 times the amount of Vitamin c and zinc tablets spaced out through the day, drank loads of orange juice, which I find is really good for getting rid of phlegm. Lots of hot water with lemon juice and honey in it. Sweet potato soup (just boiled up sweet potatoes, an onion and a couple of cloves of garlic. Garlic is really good for killing infections, you'll stink afterwards becasue the garlic comes out of your pores, so maybe save it til the weekend! Avoid dairy products, they make you produce more phlegm. Also try to avoid sugar - the idea here is to boost your immune system. Good luck!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    yes you can!!!!!!

I knew this guy who was reaching for Lemsip and as he was reaching a sword fell out of the medicine cabinet and went through his eye.

p.s. he was allergic to Lemsip so he'd have died anyway
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    ask jim henson.
    I was going to ask if you have 'man flu'!

Seriously though, it does make you feel miserable but eat a good meal and get plenty of fresh air and sleep.
    the man flu is the nastiest, most horrible infliction, you girls thank your lucky stars you never have to experience it's wrath ;)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,813
    if it turns into an infection that goes untreated

YES
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Answer: Soup.
    Lots and lots of hot soup. Breaks up the sinuses... easier to clear... easier to breathe.
    And water... lot and lots of water. Hot water... like tea. Liquids to flush your system... the same way we used to flush our radiators on our cars to get the sludge out. Same principle.
    Here's my recipe:
    Hot Tea... Lemon (to scrape the throat)... honey (to coat the throat and keep the lemon citric acid on the throat)... shot of whiskey (to help you sleep... and just for the hell of it).
    Sip... breathe in the steam... watch a lot of T.V.... warm, comfortable clothing... stay indoors (we don't want your germs in our systems).
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    Answer: Soup.
    Lots and lots of hot soup. Breaks up the sinuses... easier to clear... easier to breathe.
    And water... lot and lots of water. Hot water... like tea. Liquids to flush your system... the same way we used to flush our radiators on our cars to get the sludge out. Same principle.
    Here's my recipe:
    Hot Tea... Lemon (to scrape the throat)... honey (to coat the throat and keep the lemon citric acid on the throat)... shot of whiskey (to help you sleep... and just for the hell of it).
    Sip... breathe in the steam... watch a lot of T.V.... warm, comfortable clothing... stay indoors (we don't want your germs in our systems).

add some ginger to that tea and youve got my remedy
  • Get_Right wrote:
    if it turns into an infection that goes untreated

YES

Correct! If what you're coughing up or blowing out of your nose is anything but clear (e.g., green or brown), then you have an infection and need antibiotics. Bad bronchitis/pharingytis/sunisitis can easily go the way of pneumonia, which can ultimately drown you if not treated.

If not, then just take Cosmo's advice. :D

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • itsevobaby wrote:
    the man flu is the nastiest, most horrible infliction, you girls thank your lucky stars you never have to experience it's wrath ;)

I didn't realise you are a man. Sorry! You seem too kind. ;)

I think men generally have a bigger body mass, therefore they have a bigger mass of cold. :confused::D
    I didn't realise you are a man. Sorry! You seem too kind. ;)

I think men generally have a bigger body mass, therefore they have a bigger mass of cold. :confused::D
    haha i'll take that as a compliment :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    idratherbe wrote:
    Correct! If what you're coughing up or blowing out of your nose is anything but clear (e.g., green or brown), then you have an infection and need antibiotics. Bad bronchitis/pharingytis/sunisitis can easily go the way of pneumonia, which can ultimately drown you if not treated.

If not, then just take Cosmo's advice. :D

~peace~

pneumonia is also very painful
    caught that once after fishing in Canada and it was raining and bitter cold.
    Caught some nice fish though!
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I had a friend in high school who's mom had a cold, caught pneumonia and died. Not to freak anyone out...but it does happen.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

I had a friend in high school who's mom had a cold, caught pneumonia and died. Not to freak anyone out...but it does happen.
    Off topic... did you see the invasion of the Pink Ladies is Sandy Eggo this past weekend?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    Off topic... did you see the invasion of the Pink Ladies is Sandy Eggo this past weekend?

Yup...actually my ex's mom does the 3 day walk every year. It's got to be so hard, the women (and men!) train for months...I have alot of respect for anyone who takes it on!

Yup...actually my ex's mom does the 3 day walk every year. It's got to be so hard, the women (and men!) train for months...I have alot of respect for anyone who takes it on!
    Ask her what Truck/tent assignment she was on. I was manning Truck/Tent Grid - T/U. And I was at Pit Stop 2 on Saturday at the beach near that roller coaster.
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    Ask her what Truck/tent assignment she was on. I was manning Truck/Tent Grid - T/U. And I was at Pit Stop 2 on Saturday at the beach near that roller coaster.

I haven't spoken to her in several years...but a big "THUMBS UP" to you volunteering!!! :)

• long red wrote:

I feel ya

I have been sick last Monday....just starting to feel better

I HATE being sick, I get so cranky and want everyone to leave me alone !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    I think it's sweet when a guy is sick and they turn helpless. Just makes me want to baby them.