Options

I totally spaced and missed the Roger Clemens interview...

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Did anybody catch the interview b4 Clemens about the guy that killed 20 people for the mob? He seemed alot more relaxed then Rodger did when being questioned. heh :D

Wasn't that guy from New Jersey, The Iceberg Something on HBO and I think they had 2 parts to it.

I think this is going to get worse for RC before it gets better.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    g under p wrote:
    Wasn't that guy from New Jersey, The Iceberg Something on HBO and I think they had 2 parts to it.

I think this is going to get worse for RC before it gets better.

Peace

No, this guy was from Boston

I know the story you're talking about that dude is still in Jail this guy is out

This guy here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    No, this guy was from Boston

I know the story you're talking about that dude is still in Jail this guy is out

This guy here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

I was talking about Kuklinski and the HBO Speacial...The Iceman Confessions Of A Mafia Hitman Parts I & II.

The way he was so calm in his answers it made his interviews scary. Unlike RC's fidget ting.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    I was talking about Kuklinski and the HBO Speacial...The Iceman Confessions Of A Mafia Hitman Parts I & II.

The way he was so calm in his answers it made his interviews scary. Unlike RC's fidget ting.

Peace

I know I put the Kuklinski link in there

That dude is sick

I saw that when it was on, I would have to do a phone interview :o

• Options
    I know I put the Kuklinski link in there

That dude is sick

I saw that when it was on, I would have to do a phone interview :o

I'm listening to it now but I CAN"T watch it still scary even though he died in 2006. He estimates he killled around 100 or more.

Scary

Peace

• Options
    i dunno... but this clemens is fighting back... now he's released a phone conversation he had with mcnamee... it's gonna help him for sure. this clemens dude... he's a fighter. and i'm almost betting that he will not be charged with these accusations.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • Options
    i dunno... but this clemens is fighting back... now he's released a phone conversation he had with mcnamee... it's gonna help him for sure. this clemens dude... he's a fighter. and i'm almost betting that he will not be charged with these accusations.

The sad part is if it is true (which I think it is) he didn't have to take anything

He was already a Hall of Fame player with a great career

I think players get greedy and dont want to stop playing or hate seeing their skills diminish

• Options
    The sad part is if it is true (which I think it is) he didn't have to take anything

He was already a Hall of Fame player with a great career

I think players get greedy and dont want to stop playing or hate seeing their skills diminish
    what do you mean if it is true? the conversation or him actually taking steroids? i'm a little confused with your comment.
  • Options
    what do you mean if it is true? the conversation or him actually taking steroids? i'm a little confused with your comment.

Him actually taking steroids

• Options
    Him actually taking steroids
    well the thing is... that it's almost believable that this mcnamee lied about the report. we'll wait and see and find out.
  • Options
    It's basically a he said she said situation but I'm leaning towards the McNamee fellow. He has not much to gain here with this revelation.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    It's basically a he said she said situation but I'm leaning towards the McNamee fellow. He has not much to gain here with this revelation.

Peace

That's how I feel

Why would he tell the truth about Pettite and lie about Clemens ?

This guys career is practically over

• Options
    I've said it from the beginning of this report. The guys that Mitchell talked to were facing possible jail time in a federal prison. Now on a larger scale that gets brought out today.

Shit, I mean that phone conversation between Clemens and McNamee sounded pretty convincing to me. It's clear that Roger wants nothing more than to clear his name. McNamee even asked him a bunch of times "what can I do Rog? I'll do anything! I'll goto jail! anything, tell me!"

Of course Rog didn't say anything specific (legal process with pending litigations and congressional hearings), but he did say all he wants is the truth.

Honestly, it's sad that whatever the media says goes these days. We take the word of someone facing jail time, who is an admitted drug dealer, over someone who was many of people's adult and childhood hero.

The last few days also raise another question. If George Mitchell was so as thorough as people say, then why didn't he contact the players named and talk to them? Why didn't Mitchell call Clemens and say "look, this guy has named you, among others, to have taken performance enhancing drugs, what do you have to say?"

It's total bullshit. The report is hearsay and one sided. It's so, SO very said that people take the the medias word as truth. Grow a brain people.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    I've said it from the beginning of this report. The guys that Mitchell talked to were facing possible jail time in a federal prison. Now on a larger scale that gets brought out today.

Shit, I mean that phone conversation between Clemens and McNamee sounded pretty convincing to me. It's clear that Roger wants nothing more than to clear his name. McNamee even asked him a bunch of times "what can I do Rog? I'll do anything! I'll goto jail! anything, tell me!"

Of course Rog didn't say anything specific (legal process with pending litigations and congressional hearings), but he did say all he wants is the truth.

Honestly, it's sad that whatever the media says goes these days. We take the word of someone facing jail time, who is an admitted drug dealer, over someone who was many of people's adult and childhood hero.

The last few days also raise another question. If George Mitchell was so as thorough as people say, then why didn't he contact the players named and talk to them? Why didn't Mitchell call Clemens and say "look, this guy has named you, among others, to have taken performance enhancing drugs, what do you have to say?"

It's total bullshit. The report is hearsay and one sided. It's so, SO very said that people take the the medias word as truth. Grow a brain people.

He'll do anything as in change his story to get Clemens out of this mess, he feels bad that the truth came out they way it did is what I took from it

What was convincing about the conversation ? You could almost hear the cue cards in front of Clemens. The trainer never said he lied

The dude is facing jail time either way if he lies for or against Clemens for perjury, why would he tell the truth about Pettite and lie about Clemens ? Obviously he was closer with Clemens and still came forward with his side of the story

They did contact the players named none of them wanted to talk

It doesnt make sense that this guy would implement Clemens for no reason

• Options
    "Tell me what you want me to say"....sounds like McNamee wants to cover/protect for RC from him telling the whole story. Like i said this is going to worse before it gets better for RC.

Peace

• Options
    One more thing I find it hard to believe that a physical trainer is allowed by RC to inject (him) a professional athlete with anything and into his buttocks/back. I'm a nurse and my partner is a certified physical trainer and she is not certified and would never give injections to clients, only a medical doctor would do that.

That is unless you have something to hide or that is illegal, I'm no million dollar athlete and NO ONE but a certified medical doctor/RN is going to use a needle on me and I give injections all the time.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Peace

• Options
    He'll do anything as in change his story to get Clemens out of this mess, he feels bad that the truth came out they way it did is what I took from it

What was convincing about the conversation ? You could almost hear the cue cards in front of Clemens. The trainer never said he lied

The dude is facing jail time either way if he lies for or against Clemens for perjury, why would he tell the truth about Pettite and lie about Clemens ? Obviously he was closer with Clemens and still came forward with his side of the story

it could go either way though... he could've said, "tell me what you want me to do" just to clear Roger's name or to make sure that he wasn't being tabbed just to save himself from "going to jail". earlier in the conversation he even mentioned it.

point is, roger said "i want the truth" and a number of times he said, "i didn't take steroids". the other fellow never denied it and all he said, "tell me what you want me to do." i think it was mcnamee's way of trying not to fall into the trap. roger even said, "i just don't understand why you would say those things." and mcnamee said, "i know. i understand."
  • Options

it could go either way though... he could've said, "tell me what you want me to do" just to clear Roger's name or to make sure that he wasn't being tabbed just to save himself from "going to jail". earlier in the conversation he even mentioned it.

point is, roger said "i want the truth" and a number of times he said, "i didn't take steroids". the other fellow never denied it and all he said, "tell me what you want me to do." i think it was mcnamee's way of trying not to fall into the trap. roger even said, "i just don't understand why you would say those things." and mcnamee said, "i know. i understand."
  • Options

Again though why would the trainer lie about Clemens and tell the truth about Pettite ?

If this conversation was REAL and not set-up by lawyers I would believe Clemens more

When you have everything on the line and are trying to save your name,career everything you are as a person and athlete I would have been a bit more angrier on the phone

God forbid McNamee kept a journal or log book of all the injections and whips it out in front of Congress

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    One more thing I find it hard to believe that a physical trainer is allowed by RC to inject (him) a professional athlete with anything and into his buttocks/back. I'm a nurse and my partner is a certified physical trainer and she is not certified and would never give injections to clients, only a medical doctor would do that.

That is unless you have something to hide or that is illegal, I'm no million dollar athlete and NO ONE but a certified medical doctor/RN is going to use a needle on me and I give injections all the time.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Peace

I agree

If everything is on the up and up where are the Prescriptions and records for the drug he was injecting ?

Since when is Lidocaine used and anti-inflammatory drug ? It's usually used before surgery to numb an area. So basically Clemens was numbing his ass before pitching or working out ?

I could see using Cortisone shots for your joints but Lidocaine ? Doesn't make sense

• Options
    Again though why would the trainer lie about Clemens and tell the truth about Pettite ?

If this conversation was REAL and not set-up by lawyers I would believe Clemens more

When you have everything on the line and are trying to save your name,career everything you are as a person and athlete I would have been a bit more angrier on the phone

God forbid McNamee kept a journal or log book of all the injections and whips it out in front of Congress
    real or not... in court this is probably going to help roger. i'm not saying roger didn't take steroids but when looking at it roger clemens is making a legitimate defense. however, the conversation was indeed real... whether the truth was being mentioned by both parties or not is still a guess.

cause if mcnamee would have been telling the truth then he should of said, "roger, you did take steroids. why are you denying it?" but since he didn't say those things well roger is now using the conversation at his defense. and i think that was his main purpose for providing the conversation. i think those things are going to be looked at closely by the court.
  • Options
    real or not... in court this is probably going to help roger. i'm not saying roger didn't take steroids but when looking at it roger clemens is making a legitimate defense. however, the conversation was indeed real... whether the truth was being mentioned by both parties or not is still a guess.

cause if mcnamee would have been telling the truth then he should of said, "roger, you did take steroids. why are you denying it?" but since he didn't say those things well roger is now using the conversation at his defense. and i think that was his main purpose for providing the conversation. i think those things are going to be looked at closely by the court.

Well if Mac did ask that question and forced RC to answer I gaurantee the public would never have heard this tape.

It's going to get worse somebody is lying and I believe RC ain't on the up and up.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Well if Mac did ask that question and forced RC to answer I gaurantee the public would never have heard this tape.

It's going to get worse somebody is lying and I believe RC ain't on the up and up.

Peace
    exactly. that's what i'm saying. since mcnamee didn't say anything to that nature roger and his lawyers knew that it would be beneficiary for him to provide the conversation. it works totally in clemens favor.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    cause if mcnamee would have been telling the truth then he should of said, "roger, you did take steroids. why are you denying it?"

Why on earth would he say something like that? This is like his best bud, like family..why would he twist the dagger even more...If he did roids, they both obviously know, and the conversation was conducted under this assumption on both ends...It sounded like a guy who feels bad for betraying his buddy....maybe you missed the part of the tape where Mcnamee states "It's the truth, it's the truth, it is what it is." Roger tried to talk over it, but if you listen closely, it's there....Also, there is no motivation from what we know, and the tape enforces this notion as well....Anyway, what a fucking mess..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Why on earth would he say something like that? This is like his best bud, like family..why would he twist the dagger even more...If he did roids,
    why did he spill the beans in the first place if he were his friend? and still yet a real friend would probably try to persuade his friend to telling the truth... i dunno. that's a whole other thing.
    they both obviously know, and the conversation was conducted under this assumption on both ends...It sounded like a guy who feels bad for betraying his buddy....maybe you missed the part of the tape where Mcnamee states "It's the truth, it's the truth, it is what it is."
    i might have to hear it again... although i found the conversation a little boring so i zoomed out a little bit during the conversation. only except i didn't think of any of it when he said, "it is what it is." i simply thought that he meant, "i did what i did."
    Roger tried to talk over it, but if you listen closely, it's there....Also, there is no motivation from what we know, and the tape enforces this notion as well....Anyway, what a fucking mess..
    but still... not that i'm defending clemens here... but from what i gathered in the conversation a numerous amount of times clemens said "i didn't take steroids. it's not the truth." and mcnamee never refuted that.... roger even said to something like "i don't know why you would go claiming such things." and still mcnamee didn't refute that either. if you interpret that as him being a "good friend" you think that's gonna stand up in court? that very simple fact can help clemens. it doesn't mean clemens is proved innocent here... it's just a good move.
  • Options
    From what I remember, Roger didn't exactly say it like that..It was more like "Why are you telling people that I did steroids?" Then the trainer said, "I understand, I understand." He also continuously asked what he can do, what can he do..Why wouldn't Roger at least once say something like 'how about you tell the fucking truth!' (not someone needs to tell the truth) and/or how about, 'come to the press conference with me and clear it up.' or what about, 'why the fuck did you make this shit up about me and destroy everything?' It'll be interesting to see this trainwreck unfold further in the courts..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Maybe the fucker lied about Roger, but it just doesn't make any logical sense to me, especially after hearing the phone conversation. This guy is dead broke with a dying son....at least Rog only has his reputation and the hall of fame at stake....Ultimately, he'll be just fine..not so sure the same could be said for Mac....
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    From what I remember, Roger didn't exactly say it like that..It was more like "Why are you telling people that I did steroids?" Then the trainer said, "I understand, I understand." He also continuously asked what he can do, what can he do..Why wouldn't Roger at least once say something like 'how about you tell the fucking truth!' (not someone needs to tell the truth) and/or how about, 'come to the press conference with me and clear it up.' or what about, 'why the fuck did you make this shit up about me and destroy everything?' It'll be interesting to see this trainwreck unfold further in the courts..
    Roger did say a number of times, "i want the truth." several times actually. and he said it point blank, "i did not take steroids." but at no time, however, did he say, "i want you to tell the truth and tell them i didn't take steroids." he just said, "i want the truth."

with this audio some say, "it's clear he's guilty." others say, "it's clear he's not guilty." i personally think that it's neither of these but what i believe is true is that it actually helps him a little.

i personally saw it the same way you said it... if he didn't do it why didn't he tell the dude, "hey come on tell them i didn't take steroids... cause you know that's not true." but some analyst said that they didn't want to cross the line of obstruction of justice... here's his explanation... it kinda makes sense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3185595&categoryId=2521705&n8pe6c=2

here's another one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3185604&n8pe6c=1&categoryId=2521705
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Maybe the fucker lied about Roger, but it just doesn't make any logical sense to me, especially after hearing the phone conversation. This guy is dead broke with a dying son....at least Rog only has his reputation and the hall of fame at stake....Ultimately, he'll be just fine..not so sure the same could be said for Mac....

I agree

McNamee looked up to Clemens like a hero and said he raises his kids based off of the way Clemens raises his

I agree it makes no sense for this guy to sell him down the river for no reason

That taped conversation was pretty greasy on Clemens part

McNamee told the truth about Pettite why is he lying about Clemens ?

He even said on the phone he could have taken boats load of money for his story but he hasn't, he's not trying to cash in

• Options

I understand why he is using the conversation I just dont think it's that benefical for Clemens

I've heard but have not seen the Youtube clips of Clemens first denials about not being injected with anything, but then he changed his story to just Vitamin B-12 and Lidocaine

If anyone can get that I cant at work