Options

I totally spaced and missed the Roger Clemens interview...

orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
on 60 minutes. someone fill me in, did he beat Ed Bradley to death in a fit of 'roid rage?
Jam out with your clam out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    long red wrote:
    on 60 minutes. someone fill me in, did he beat Ed Bradley to death in a fit of 'roid rage?

Ed Bradley is dead.
  • Options
    he lied like a bad muthafucka
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Ed Bradley is dead.
    pfff how dumb do you think he feels right now :p:D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    pfff how dumb do you think he feels right now :p:D

Not as bad as Clemens feels after watching his interview tonight. hehehe :D
  • Options
    you know what i mean....the other old guy.

sorry...i mention 60 minutes and immediately think of Ed Bradley.

the other old douche bag....how was the interview?
  • Options
    long red wrote:

I'm just fucking with you. :D
  • Options
    this place isnt as helpful as it used to be.
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    clemens pulled out his gargantuan fig bag as proof that he never used the juice.

i love hearing newscasters say "buttocks". i giggled like a little girl.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    It was just denial basically

All lip service and lies

It sounded he was more mad about the trainer not telling him he was going public with the story then anything

Like if he would have told Clemens first it would have changed his story anyway ?

He felt blindsided and surprised but it doesn't matter really he said he is going to "retire" :rolleyes:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    long red wrote:

i think it was Mike Wallace who interviewed Roger.

i can see why people usually think of 60 minutes & Ed Bradley, because Bradley was the only black there. the rest are a bunch old white geezers.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    It was just denial basically

All lip service and lies

It sounded he was more mad about the trainer not telling him he was going public with the story then anything

Like if he would have told Clemens first it would have changed his story anyway ?

He felt blindsided and surprised but it doesn't matter really he said he is going to "retire" :rolleyes:
    PP is correct....I'll add a couple more things.

He said he's willing to take a lie detector test but he's not convince that will prove anything.

He also said the reason why he did not meet with George Mitchell when ask before the Report came out was that he was advised not to by his representatives and that none of the other players met with Mitchell neither.
    If he would have known that his was gonna be ratted out like that, he would have cooperated with Mitchell but he had no clue his name would be in the Report.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    The vitamin B-12 defense is just about as ridiculous as the Chewbacca defense.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    HE's a LIAR

I found one thing interesting and to be honest true with what he said. no matter what he says or does will anyone really believe him in the Guilty until proven innocent world we live in.

Good point and surpriseing from a liar and cheat ;-)
  • Options
    The vitamin B-12 defense is just about as ridiculous as the Chewbacca defense.

"Flaxseed Oil" is my favorite

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Not many NYC/Yankee fans chiming in on Clemens. Here's a nice article on Clemens called Memo To Roger, We Can Handle The Truth

Almost all the other players accused of using steroids or human growth hormone have either 'fessed up or chosen to remain silent.

For those who confessed, the story will soon be old news. By the time spring training begins, there will be little else to ask Andy Pettitte. He did it. He admitted he did it. He regrets it. Next question.

Clemens is different. He has the most to lose in terms of reputation and endorsement earnings. So he'll fight.

He has mishandled the accusations almost every step of the way. First, he was silent for five days before issuing a statement that said his former trainer, Brian McNamee, made it all up.

Perhaps Clemens thought it would go away just because he said so. One problem: McNamee had no incentive to lie. His immunity covered only truthful statements. It's illogical to think he would tell the truth about Andy Pettitte but risk criminal prosecution to lie about Roger Clemens.

Clemens has hired private investigators to take a hard look at McNamee. Really? Wasn't McNamee once one of Clemens' most trusted associates? What's there to investigate?

Clemens chose Mike Wallace of CBS' "60 Minutes" to do his first real interview on the subject. I'm not sure what Clemens could say that would change anyone's mind, but I know what I'd like him to say.

I'd like him to simply tell the truth. I don't know whether he did what he's accused of doing or not. I suspect he did. If he's guilty, he should trust people to understand the circumstances and to try to put themselves in his shoes.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Not many NYC/Yankee fans chiming in on Clemens. Here's a nice article on Clemens called Memo To Roger, We Can Handle The Truth

Peace

Couple of good articles here as well : http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=bryant_howard&id=3181042

This guy is an expert on interviewing and questioning, has some good points :
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=3181572

• Options
    "Flaxseed Oil" is my favorite

my favorite excuse is "I don't know what my trainer was injecting into me". You are a professional athlete whose livelihood depends on your body's performance - so you should know damn well what is entering your body.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Clemens is from TX
    Bush is from TX

They both answer questions the same way. lying bravado. Clemens' eyes were all up and down everytime Wallace asked him a direct question. You could see it in his eyes.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Clemens files lawsuit

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3184646

In the article they bring up a good point

I never thought about it, but if he files a lawsuit he can say he can't testify to Congress on the grounds of "He has a pending case, I cannot comment on that."

Sneeky asshole

What a way to weasel out

Edit : apparently he is still going to testify..should be interesting

• Options
    Did anybody catch the interview b4 Clemens about the guy that killed 20 people for the mob? He seemed alot more relaxed then Rodger did when being questioned. heh :D
  • Options
    Did anybody catch the interview b4 Clemens about the guy that killed 20 people for the mob? He seemed alot more relaxed then Rodger did when being questioned. heh :D

Yup !

Did you notice all the fidgeting around and grabbing the water bottle constantly ?

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    so where is all the proof that he is guilty as charged ,it's one man's word against his when i see undeniable proof that he did get shot up by the so called viable witness then can i make judgment on this player ,till then i can only assume innocent till proven guilty ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yup !

Did you notice all the fidgeting around and grabbing the water bottle constantly ?

yup I sure did.
  • Options
    so where is all the proof that he is guilty as charged ,it's one man's word against his when i see undeniable proof that he did get shot up by the so called viable witness then can i make judgment on this player ,till then i can only assume innocent till proven guilty ....

I am basing it on he has the same trainer as Pettite

Plus his production after the age of 38 years old

Just like Bonds your stats do not improve when you hit 35-38 they usually diminish

How many times have we been led down this path of these athletes denying everything and then admitting it ? I don't believe any of them anymore

• Options
    AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    He came off about as good as he possibly could have. Simply denying the accusations(which is essentially what the interview amounted to) won't sway people who didn't already believe him, but it gives people less ammunition to criticize him for not fighting back against the claims.

Of course, my opinion may be different since I'm not one of those afflicted by the mass hysteria surrounding steroids, and I would still want Bonds and Clemens inducted into the HOF even if there is legitimate proof of their steroid use in the 2000's.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    I am basing it on he has the same trainer as Pettite

Plus his production after the age of 38 years old

Just like Bonds your stats do not improve when you hit 35-38 they usually diminish

How many times have we been led down this path of these athletes denying everything and then admitting it ? I don't believe any of them anymore

i hear you on all points but when it comes to these kinds of lame ass proccedings i for one need way more info ,i'm not saying he isn't guilty he probably is but i wan't undeniable proof not just he said and he also said give me documents not you per say but i wish that mitchell report would of stated they had all documented proof ,just my 2c i'm also sick of all these athletes denying evrything only to fess up later fuckmmm all ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,085
    anyone watching this press conference, that phone recording was interesting.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193

I thought he came off better today than last night.

I don't know what the point was for ESPN to stick in those random comments at the bottom of the screen by people who don't know anything.
  • Options

It didn't go one way or the other though

No one admitted anything as in "Yes Roger yo're clean and I lied." or Clemens asking this dude "Why are lying about me taking steroids ?"

If anything I think it made a good case for McNamee by saying we was raising his kids the way Roger has. If this guy looks up to Clemens so much to do that why would he lie about him taking steroids ?

If anything McNamee would lie the other way to protect Clemens

Kind of shitty for only one party to know about the conversation being recorded if you ask me. You can tell Roger held back and was coached on what to and what not to say

• Options
    i hear you on all points but when it comes to these kinds of lame ass proccedings i for one need way more info ,i'm not saying he isn't guilty he probably is but i wan't undeniable proof not just he said and he also said give me documents not you per say but i wish that mitchell report would of stated they had all documented proof ,just my 2c i'm also sick of all these athletes denying evrything only to fess up later fuckmmm all ....

I understand where you're coming from

That's my whole complaint all these bastards deny and then admit it

When you had those idiots at Congress the last time one saying he needs an interpreter the other waving his finger he never took anything but did and the other one saying he wont talk about it

Not exactly clearing your name