european's ...whats the deal w/ warm beer?

NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
stopeed in a french rest, yesterday for a beer
and i got a beer that was piss warm ...
i told the bartender,thinking it was just put on ice

to my surprise ,he tells me this is how we drink it ??/

wtf? and p.s. its gross
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The french bartenders top up their beer with fresh piss
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Beers are like wine, depending the kind you drink, they may be very chilled, slightly chilled or served at room temperature. But then again, maybe they had ran out of cold beers and saw a sucker of an american tourist!
  • don't ya mean 'French people'? We like our beer freezing almost... I don't remember getting warm beer in France, I doubt it but we'll have to get somebody else to clarify.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    The french bartenders top up their beer with fresh piss
    The americans do that.. american beer is nothing but piss (maybe cat's piss though!).
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Never had a warm beer in France. And I had a lot of beers in France :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    NY PJ1 wrote:

wtf? and p.s. its gross

did you leave a tip?

p.s. i wish people would stop using p.s. :mad:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    im in nyc at a french restaraunt,,, not in france u nuts (why would i go there ?)

anyway a few people confirmed this,, but now i hear from u cats different

also a friend at work took a trip to the guiness factory in ireland
    he said they served it warm after the tour ??
    dunkman wrote:
    did you leave a tip?

p.s. i wish people would stop using p.s. :mad:

i didnt even take my money out ,, i had just arrived

but yes i did leave a tip ,,as always
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    im in nyc at a french restaraunt,,, not in france u nuts (why would i go there ?)

Well, I live in Europe and I've had beers in a lot of European countries, they were always chilled.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
    don't ya mean 'French people'? We like our beer freezing almost... I don't remember getting warm beer in France, I doubt it but we'll have to get somebody else to clarify.

nah i lump u cats all together

europe is all one place :eek:
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    To get beer served at the right temperature.

"The temperature of a beer has an influence on a drinker's experience. Colder temperatures allow fully attenuated beers such as pale lagers to be enjoyed for their crispness; while warmer temperatures allow the more rounded flavours of an ale or a stout to be perceived. Beer writer Michael Jackson proposes a five-level scale for serving temperatures: well chilled (7 °C/45 °F) for "light" beers (pale lagers), chilled (8 °C/47 °F) for Berliner Weisse and other wheat beers, lightly chilled (9 °C/48 °F) for all dark lagers, altbier and German wheat beers, cellar temperature (13 °C/55 °F) for regular British ale, stout and most Belgian specialities and room temperature (15.5 °C/60 °F) for strong dark ales (especially trappist beer) and barley wine."

Choose your beer accordingly!
  • NY PJ1 wrote:

:eek: really? It wouldn't be warm... guinness usually isn't as cold as other beers but rather a few degrees short of room temperature probably... but not WARM :eek: . Then we have guinness extra cold also.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    NY PJ1 wrote:

beer as in ale? cos lager shold always be served ice-cold.. but beer can be served at varying temperatures.

i've been and done the Guinness tour and it wasnt warm... maybe your friend, being american, was too busy opening his 57 zips on his fanny pack and his beer went warm?

p.s. you still tipped? just insane :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    nah i lump u cats all together

europe is all one place :eek:
    well of course YOU'D say that :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • There is nothing worse than warm beer.

Saying that though if it's the only beer I can get I will drink it :o
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    :eek: really? It wouldn't be warm... guinness usually isn't as cold as other beers but rather a few degrees short of room temperature probably...
    Cellar temperature :D
  • NY PJ1 wrote:

wtf? and p.s. its gross

The times I traveled around Europe I never got a beer that was too warm. Most were never ice cold but all cool enough and refreshing to drink. :D Sorry to hear about your warm french beer.
    The times I traveled around Europe I never got a beer that was too warm. Most were never ice cold but all cool enough and refreshing to drink. :D Sorry to hear about your warm french beer.

See.. his was served in the US, not in France.
    dunkman wrote:
    beer as in ale? cos lager shold always be served ice-cold.. but beer can be served at varying temperatures.

i've been and done the Guinness tour and it wasnt warm... maybe your friend, being american, was too busy opening his 57 zips on his fanny pack and his beer went warm?

p.s. you still tipped? just insane :D

nah he is a irishman ,,so he was right at home (no fanny packs)
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    redrock wrote:
    The americans do that.. american beer is nothing but piss (maybe cat's piss though!).

Perhaps if you are drinking the major distributors beer but most folks who enjoy beer here don't mess with that much.

there are plenty of craft brews and mircro brews in the US that are wonderful.

as many have pointed out some beers are made to be drank at warmer temp to help bring out their flavors.

What kind of beer did the OP order at the resturant?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • redrock wrote:

That might be why then.
    redrock wrote:

yeah it probably came with a sparkler, a kids toy and a voucher for $1 off your next purchase of Uncle Ted's Vintage Kentucky Red Tomato Glaze... tomato sauce to you and i ;)
    intodeep wrote:
    Perhaps if you are drinking the major distributors beer but most folks who enjoy beer here don't mess with that much.

as many have pointed out some beers are made to be drank at warmer temp to help bring out their flavors.

lol this ios the best part

a mexican corona lol

they only had that and some other crap plus a few french ones
    (needless to say ,i guess this place wont be winning any awards for best french restaraunts)
    intodeep wrote:

Yeah.. Like everywhere, you find lovely brews from smaller breweries, but in general, what is sold in your average restaurants, etc. is piss - you generally do not have much choice. When I lived in california, I always drank some weird mexican beers.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol this ios the best part

a mexican corona lol
    HAHAHA! Maybe that is the problem. Should have ordered a french one - might have been luckier!
    redrock wrote:
    HAHAHA!

it was silly lol

maybe they did do it to me on purpose ? lol
  • redrock wrote:
    Cellar temperature :D
    :D Yep, I just read that and feeling quite proud of myself now :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    NY PJ1 wrote:

possible... Le Sucker :D
  • The first night I was in Paris, France we got beers and they were cold or at least cooler I think. The only thing that sucked was they were the most expensive on the menu. I think the waiter knew we didn't know which beer we ordered. Which we didn't. LOL :D Almost 9 Euros each. But we were on holiday and it was cool.

Germany has the best beer in the world IMO. Cold or warm its all good. It goes down so smooth and b4 you know it. Your dancing on the tables. LOL :)
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    revenge for ordering a crap mexican beer in a french restaurant (instead of ordering a crap french beer)! :D

What did you eat?