Options

Ed Solo Venue/Posters Questions

Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Hey all you lucky people who get to see ed's solo shows I have 2 questions to ask....

1. What kind of size are the venues that he's playing at?
2. I'm not going to try and hijack onto pjtradeking's post so I'll post my own plea for even 1 poster from any of the gigs, I'll cover cost and shipping...and maybe a little extra! Can anyone help an Irish brother out??
I need a coffee!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    The Arlington at Santa Barbara holds about 2000 people. It's the smallest city/metro area that Ed is playing so I don't know if it's typical of the other venues.

I don't expect there to be posters but I'll keep an eye out for you.
    Confucious Says: He who buries a man's wife alive, should not expect to sit at that man's dinner table without the subject coming up.
  • Options
    The Arlington at Santa Barbara holds about 2000 people. It's the smallest city/metro area that Ed is playing so I don't know if it's typical of the other venues.

I don't expect there to be posters but I'll keep an eye out for you.

That would be so cool to see him there. I think Brad Klausen said he may be doing a couple of posters so if you do get one I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a mil :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    The Spreckels in San Diego is under 2500 and I just hope to get myself a poster.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    there will be plenty of posters... they figured out how to do small shows at the vic... plenty for everyone

tyoical run on the PJ posters is around 1000 and the shows will hold 2000-3000 = plenty to go around

of course there will be jackass mofos on ebay that pay $200 for one when they first hist ebay... but be patient, you will get one for cheap
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    there will be plenty of posters... they figured out how to do small shows at the vic... plenty for everyone

tyoical run on the PJ posters is around 1000 and the shows will hold 2000-3000 = plenty to go around

of course there will be jackass mofos on ebay that pay $200 for one when they first hist ebay... but be patient, you will get one for cheap

I defo won't be one of those :rolleyes:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    bump for IA!!

Feel free to make your plea in my thread as well! The more the merrier, really!! Hijack away!! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    bump for IA!!

Feel free to make your plea in my thread as well! The more the merrier, really!! Hijack away!! ;)

Cheers my friend, and same to you ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    The Santa Cruz Auditorium holds 2029. Sorry, both my posters are accounted for already. :(
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    I thought Spreckels held approx. 1300-1400?

Edit:
    from the website:

"The Historic Spreckels Theatre opened on August 23rd, 1912. Since that time this magnificent 1464 seat theatre has played host to San Diego's finest attractions, first as a vaudville house, then a movie palace of the motion picture hey-day and now as a live presentation venue."
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    The Spreckels in San Diego is under 2500 and I just hope to get myself a poster.

Actually the Spreckel's Theatre holds 1464 people. The smallest venue on the tour I'm pretty sure.

I imagine there will be around 300-400 posters per show.
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    up up up.......:D

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    b

u

m

p

;)

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    I'm in the same boat, but I have a friend that is going so she's going to get me one :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Actually the Spreckel's Theatre holds 1464 people. The smallest venue on the tour I'm pretty sure.

I imagine there will be around 300-400 posters per show.

It sounds like the smallest, I thought Vancouver would be the smalled as it holds just a little under 1840 if I'm not mistaken.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Hey guys, if anyone has capacity please dont foget I'll be in the queue too, from the Uk so its tough luck I cant make the shows,

Thanks to all who have agreed to help me out so far....much appreciated
  • Options
    Good Morning!!

b

u

m
    p

:)

• Options
    Good Morning!!

b

u

m
    p

:)

Why thank you, you got to it just before me ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    The Wiltern in Los Angeles seats about 2000.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    bump bump bump
    I need a coffee!