60 Minutes tonight

124»

Comments

• static111 said:
    So more about the 60 minutes special that no one seems to care about...

The use of DNA to better a company rather than the person you obtained the info from is criminal but most people openly just give their dna away.

There is an add for Cologuard which is a DNA harvesting, non invasive colon screening kit.  Sounds great right?  Wrong.  It's not nearly effective and you just signed off your DNA so they can profit.

All these companies like 23&Me are really fleecing the people.

Thoughts?
    I saw that coming from a mile away.  As soon as those services started being offered.  So far I have not used any of these services.  I think it is criminal to use the data for any other purpose than as advertised, but the end user is at fault for not reading the fine print or understanding that their data is being used for the commercial gain of others.
    Me too.  I even mentioned that on here about them harvesting your genetic data.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    So more about the 60 minutes special that no one seems to care about...

The use of DNA to better a company rather than the person you obtained the info from is criminal but most people openly just give their dna away.

There is an add for Cologuard which is a DNA harvesting, non invasive colon screening kit.  Sounds great right?  Wrong.  It's not nearly effective and you just signed off your DNA so they can profit.

All these companies like 23&Me are really fleecing the people.

Thoughts?
    I saw that coming from a mile away.  As soon as those services started being offered.  So far I have not used any of these services.  I think it is criminal to use the data for any other purpose than as advertised, but the end user is at fault for not reading the fine print or understanding that their data is being used for the commercial gain of others.
    It’s like carrying an IPhone and posting your life on faceturd and then complaining about government microchips or not having any semblance of a “right to privacy.”

Anyone else notice the explosion of cookies on just about every website you visit nowadays, some won’t grant you access if you don’t accept. Can’t wait to get rid of my phone.
    https://www.thelightphone.com  this is what I've got.  my wife went a cheaper route and got a flip phone with T9 word.  It's nice not being constantly tethered to anything but AMT while I am on my work computer.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden