Options

Is there a rift between the band and Stone Gossard???

2»

Comments

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    irieinindy wrote:
    I pratically set on Stone's lap during the MSG2, side of the stage just behind Stone(AMAZING SEAT). I was actually blown away by how much interaction Eddie and Stone have during the show and there were a few times when Stone just acted like a litte kid in the world's biggest candy store, it was great! MSG2 was a Stone show and he loved it! I can't prove it, but the band seemed to me to be tighter and more in love with each other than ever before. Oh and if you haven't noticed Stone and Jeff really don't like the limelight as much as Mike!
    Thank you Pearl Jam for 2 of the best shows I will ever see, I still have shiver bumps, and no voice even 2 days later.
    Thank you New York, for everything. Cool ass people!

Yep, this is what I see too.

Stone's The Riffmeister...and he's concentrating. :)

Love,
    Kat
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    yep he even did a little backward dance

Stone is fine
    cute as hell
    and deep in thought

MattyJoe wrote:
    There can't be a rift between Stone and the band.. Stone IS the band!!! Stone looked like he was really enjoying himself at MSG, especially at night 2. During Black Diamond he was running around almost like Mike does!

EDIT: And about the introductions, you always introduce the most important people last. It goes in reverse order of importance. So it should be something like Matt, Boom, Mike, Jeff, and Stone. Matt and Boom are close so they could be interchanged.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    i hope to have seats not too close but on stone's side some day...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i do?

yes you do. they won 26 World Series and 39 AL Pennants. hate them all you want. hate their fans. hate their players. hate Steinbrenner. but if you like Baseball, you have to respect the franchise and it's history. if you don't, then you're just like NOCODE#1. and I'm thinking that there is no way you (or anyone) can possibly be as lame as he is.

I hate the Yankees as much as the next guy. but they are far and away the best franchise in the history of American team sports.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    At MSG 2, he didn't look like the same old Stone to me. Eddie always introduced Stone last (even after Boon) every time he introduced the band. The last introduction eddie actually introduced a fan in the crowd holding a "this is my 1st msg show" sign, before waiting a minute to finally say, "Stone Gossard on guitar...". There was a reaction from Stone at that point...he gave a look like (oh my god..did ed forget to introduce me???) Stones relief was actually seen again when Ed finally did.
    On stage, Stone didn"t look like his same old self either. Except for a few jam session circles with Mike and Jeff, he seemed very disconnected. When he stood alone and played, he was motionless and unanimated...like he wasn't into it. I know these guys are getting up there in age and I know some shows might be more exciting than others in their long career, but THIS WAS MSG 2!!! Show me you are getting into it Stone!
    Has anyone else been noticing this? I've only been to the MSG2 show and don't know if he's been doing the same at the previous shows...does anyone know? I know the rest of the guys were really into it...what about you Stone?

Just curious ... was this the first PJ show you ever went to?

Stone has never been a "jump around" kind of guy. At least, not since like 10 tour.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i do? granted i didnt grow up with mickey mantle and the old yankees lengends but i really dont care... throughout my entire life the yankees have been the same arrogant, wealthy team trying to monopolize all the best players in the game and still not having consistent success because they lack any chemistry... even my favorite baseball players from past decades dont include yankees... just not my thing... not a great park IMO either

Oh please. The Yankees operate just like any other team when it comes to finances. You think any other team wouldn't do exactly what they do if they had the money? If you do, you need a reality check.
    And it's not like Steinbrenner has any unfair advantage for making money. He operates under the same cicumstances as all the other owners. He's just more successful.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Oh please. The Yankees operate just like any other team when it comes to finances. You think any other team wouldn't do exactly what they do if they had the money? If you do, you need a reality check.
    And it's not like Steinbrenner has any unfair advantage for making money. He operates under the same cicumstances as all the other owners. He's just more successful.
    lets stay on topic people! :D

stone rocks!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    rift? no... but stones definitely responsible for all the riffs :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    Well obviously you are not from NY so you wouldn't understand. If I were a famous musician, I would circle MSG on my calender when the tour was 1st announced. Just like famous baseball players circle their calanders when they get to play Yankee Stadium. I have read articles about Lebron James circling the dates he's playing the Knicks because he thinks MSG is the "mecca" of basketball. Michael Jordan has written books on this topic. Need I say more? And with all due respect, $85.00 to watch a mop with a guitar at the mecca of venues is not what I expected. And if he needed maxi-pads, there were plenty of Duane Reade drug stores in Midtown!

Oh shit I forgot New York is the fucking center of the universe...
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    pateljam wrote:
    Oh shit I forgot New York is the fucking center of the universe...

It is.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Just curious ... was this the first PJ show you ever went to?

Stone has never been a "jump around" kind of guy. At least, not since like 10 tour.

First time I saw them was at Lollapalooza Jones Beach in 1992. Born and raised on Long Island...wasn't missing that one. Second time I saw them was at the Paramount in 94. Third time I saw them was at Randall's Island in 96 (played on my birthday-- and Ben Harper opened up!!). I'm not saying Stone wasn't jumping around and that I'm unhappy he wasn't. I'm saying that he looked disconnected. No facial expressions, no looks of elation. Just looked a little off to me...that's all.
    My past PJ experiences should have nothing to do with my present ones. I evaluate every show like it was my first. I'm not one of these people that thinks their opinion is better than anyone elses because I was LUCKY enough to have gone to Lolla and that I've seen them play a lot of shows. Just didn't see the fire I'm used to seeing from Stone.
    "All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives"--Ed
  • Options
    jimbeejimbee Posts: 81
    actually there is, the band held stone down while ed shaved his head...
    * Friends don't let friends use MP3 *
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    MattyJoe wrote:
    There can't be a rift between Stone and the band.. Stone IS the band!!! Stone looked like he was really enjoying himself at MSG, especially at night 2. During Black Diamond he was running around almost like Mike does!

EDIT: And about the introductions, you always introduce the most important people last. It goes in reverse order of importance. So it should be something like Matt, Boom, Mike, Jeff, and Stone. Matt and Boom are close so they could be interchanged.

WTF are you talking about, Matt is the least important?
  • Options
    Wasn't there a thread on here earlier about how animated Stone was at the MSG shows?

Were you people watching the same concert?

Ed did a whole segment on stone before garden , he came up short of blowing him though, maybee thats what this person was looking for, also stone stopped doing cartwheels and they took his tarzan swing away so maybee hes bored.

I also heard that he was going to follow in the guitar player from korns path and get reborn. Hes tired of the hookers, and the latenights.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Ed did a whole segment on stone before garden , he came up short of blowing him though, maybee thats what this person was looking for, also stone stopped doing cartwheels and they took his tarzan swing away so maybee hes bored.

I also heard that he was going to follow in the guitar player from korns path and get reborn. Hes tired of the hookers, and the latenights.

HA! Hilarious stuff.
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Stone doesn't strike me as being all that animated to begin with. I wouldn't call this a "rift" at all. You'll notice too that often times Ed DOES introduce Matt and Boom, primarily after they do a solo of some sort, and I think also just so the people that show up who DON'T know the band or are casual "10 fans" coming to check them out know who these guys are.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    asside all jokes, stone has been solid the whole tour
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows