Options

It's All About Who You Sleep With ... a Cautionary Note from Michael Moore

sliverstainsliverstain Posts: 340
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
Friends,

Let the resounding defeat of Senator Joe Lieberman send a cold shiver down the spine of every Democrat who supported the invasion of Iraq and who continues to support, in any way, this senseless, immoral, unwinnable war. Make no mistake about it: We, the majority of Americans, want this war ended -- and we will actively work to defeat each and every one of you who does not support an immediate end to this war.

Nearly every Democrat set to run for president in 2008 is responsible for this war. They voted for it or they supported it. That single, stupid decision has cost us 2,592 American lives and tens of thousands of Iraqi lives. Lieberman and Company made a colossal mistake -- and we are going to make sure they pay for that mistake. Payback time started last night.

I realize that there are those like Kerry and Edwards who have now changed their position and are strongly anti-war. Perhaps that switch will be enough for some to support them. For others, like me -- while I'm glad they've seen the light -- their massive error in judgment is, sadly, proof that they are not fit for the job. They sided with Bush, and for that, they may never enter the promised land.

To Hillary, our first best hope for a woman to become president, I cannot for the life of me figure out why you continue to support Bush and his war. I'm sure someone has advised you that a woman can't be elected unless she proves she can kick ass just as crazy as any man. I'm here to tell you that you will never make it through the Democratic primaries unless you start now by strongly opposing the war. It is your only hope. You and Joe have been Bush's biggest Democratic supporters of the war. Last night's voter revolt took place just a few miles from your home in Chappaqua. Did you hear the noise? Can you read the writing on the wall?

To every Democratic Senator and Congressman who continues to back Bush's War, allow me to inform you that your days in elective office are now numbered. Myself and tens of millions of citizens are going to work hard to actively remove you from any position of power.

If you don't believe us, give Joe a call.

Yours,
Michael Moore
mmflint@aol.com
http://www.michaelmoore.com

P.S. Republicans -- sorry to leave you out of this letter. It's just that our side has a little housecleaning to do. We'll take care of you this November.
The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lieberman will win the election as an independent. these far left kooks only contribute to the downfall of the democratic party, which leads to our gov't not being as strong as it could be. we need multiple strong parties, each with good ideas, to work together. currently the dems, led by the kooks, are weak and meaningless.
  • Options
    Gee, what a fucking tolerant party. You disagree with them, and your'e out the door. Almost resembles communism!! I love how they proclaim to be the tolerant party, a party that respects ideas of others and blah bla bla...

But, side against them on one issue and your'e fucked! What a fucking party. Ladies and gentlemen, I prodly present the new communist party of america.. THE LIBERALS.. (formerly known as democrats)..

I hope Joe comes back and stomps lamont in the ground!!

In addition, after reading this after printing it and showing it to other democarats and republicans, this is pretty fucking close to what Bin Laden would say in his tapes addressing america... "your days are numbered"... "change your mind now"....
    It was like reading a letter from fuckin Al qaeda.

This party has spun the fuck out of control. Communism and terrorism MUST BE STOPPED! I know I know, this letter is not from the DNC, however, the candidate to win last night was partially funded by moveon, and moore is right there in bed with them too. So I guess, he's right, all about who you sleep with!
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    Gee, what a fucking tolerant party. You disagree with them, and your'e out the door. Almost resembles communism!! I love how they proclaim to be the tolerant party, a party that respects ideas of others and blah bla bla...

But, side against them on one issue and your'e fucked! What a fucking party. Ladies and gentlemen, I prodly present the new communist party of america.. THE LIBERALS.. (formerly known as democrats)..

I hope Joe comes back and stomps lamont in the ground!!
    Communism is authoritarian and anti-democratic. What you saw happen last night was democracy in action; and, therefore, not communist.

And you're damn right if you disagree with voters you're out the door. That's what voters do - they vote.

And Lieberman will probably still win the general election. Again - democracy in action. But we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    I know I know, this letter is not from the DNC, however, the candidate to win last night was partially funded by moveon, and moore is right there in bed with them too. So I guess, he's right, all about who you sleep with!

don't forget, this is also the man that the DNC sat right beside president carter at their most recent convention. he is helping to take that party off a cliff.
  • Options
    How can antiwar candidates be marginalized as "kooks" when the majority of the American people are now antiwar, at least anti-iraq war??

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/09/iraq.poll/index.html
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    lieberman will win the election as an independent. these far left kooks only contribute to the downfall of the democratic party, which leads to our gov't not being as strong as it could be. we need multiple strong parties, each with good ideas, to work together. currently the dems, led by the kooks, are weak and meaningless.

Dude - you're wack.

First of all, anti-war is not being a kook, it's being a part of the majority. Have you been following the news the last 6 months? Then you say we need multiple parties while bashing the Dems, at least some of them, for having a backbone and standing up to Bush & Co.? Sounds to me like someone is a little scared the good old USA voting public might be coming to its collective senses. We'll see in November. I am ecstatic Lieberman was given the boot by the Dems in Connecticut. He may as well have called himself a Republican anyway at this point.
  • Options
    How can antiwar candidates be marginalized as "kooks" when the majority of the American people are now antiwar, at least anti-iraq war??

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/09/iraq.poll/index.html
    Look, I supported the war, have stuck with it and EVEN I believe we need to get out. Yes, I also believe that when we get out, the situation will become even worse and bin laden will rally his radicals showing that america ran with it's tail once again tucked between it's leg which will be a disaster. However, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! We should start pulling out, slowly! My whole point is the fact that moores letter is eerily similar to that of what bin laden would say. I read it to a few ppl here at work without them knowing the author and they said the same thing until I showed them it was from Michael Moore. His stance along with the new liberal party is troubling!
  • Options
    "We'll see in November."

the dems have no ideas to sell to the american people, all they do is bash bush. thats great for sound bites, but it doesn't win elections. didn't you all learn anything from the last mid-term elections, or the elections 2 years ago?
  • Options
    My whole point is the fact that moores letter is eerily similar to that of what bin laden would say. I read it to a few ppl here at work without them knowing the author and they said the same thing until I showed them it was from Michael Moore. His stance along with the new liberal party is troubling!

It's not similiar in any way, shape, or form. Bin Laden tends to eliminate dissent in a violent manner. Michael Moore was talking about using THE DEMOCRATIC PROCESS OF FREE ELECTIONS to change the course of our country's leadership.
  • Options
    It's not similiar in any way, shape, or form. Bin Laden tends to eliminate dissent in a violent manner. Michael Moore was talking about using THE DEMOCRATIC PROCESS OF FREE ELECTIONS to change the course of our country's leadership.
    Haven't you heard the new definition of democracy? It means "shut up, get in line, and do as I say. If you speak out or vote against the status quo, you are undemocratic and communist."

You know: Democracy. Yeah, that's what you call that.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Look, I supported the war, have stuck with it and EVEN I believe we need to get out. Yes, I also believe that when we get out, the situation will become even worse and bin laden will rally his radicals showing that america ran with it's tail once again tucked between it's leg which will be a disaster. However, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! We should start pulling out, slowly! My whole point is the fact that moores letter is eerily similar to that of what bin laden would say. I read it to a few ppl here at work without them knowing the author and they said the same thing until I showed them it was from Michael Moore. His stance along with the new liberal party is troubling!
    Bin Laden would threaten his enemies with free elections? Now THAT I'd like to see!

Let's not get carried away here ... Michael Moore is not blowing anything up, not chopping off any heads, he's not planting IEDs on the road to the capitol building. He's telling them "the majority of us in your party don't support this policy ... now get in line with us or you're out." What's wrong with that? They're SUPPOSED to represnt us, aren't they?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    I have to agree with my lefty friends here. Michael Moore's rhetoric is nothing compared to Bin Laden. I may dislike Moore but I don't find him dangerous like I do a terrorist leader.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    these far left kooks only contribute to the downfall of the democratic party, which leads to our gov't not being as strong as it could be.

Heil Hitler!!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    gabers wrote:
    Dude - you're wack.

First of all, anti-war is not being a kook, it's being a part of the majority. Have you been following the news the last 6 months? Then you say we need multiple parties while bashing the Dems, at least some of them, for having a backbone and standing up to Bush & Co.? Sounds to me like someone is a little scared the good old USA voting public might be coming to its collective senses. We'll see in November. I am ecstatic Lieberman was given the boot by the Dems in Connecticut. He may as well have called himself a Republican anyway at this point.

Call himself a Republican? He supports about 95% of liberal causes, but if he supports a war (while at the same time bashing the way it has been handled) he is a Republican. Your party is a joke. You can't stand that two out of the 47 or so Democratic senators supported the war. How fucking ridiculous. Lamont is such a hypocrite it is unbelievable. I saw him on the Colbert Report blasting the war in Iraq and all the civilians getting killed, but when Colbert brought up the Israel-Lebanon issue Lamont sided with Israel...blah, blah, fucking blah. Can't lose the Jewish vote can you Lamont? It's disgusting that money and left-wing propaganda win you a primary. But yes, the people will vote and Joe will win as an independent.
  • Options
    Motherfucker. Call himself a Republican? He supports about 95% of liberal causes, but if he supports a war (while at the same time bashing the way it has been handled) he is a Republican. Your party is a joke. You can't stand that two out of the 47 or so Democratic senators supported the war. How fucking ridiculous. Lamont is such a hypocrite it is unbelievable. I saw him on the Colbert Report blasting the war in Iraq and all the civilians getting killed, but when Colbert brought up the Israel-Lebanon issue Lamont sided with Israel...blah, blah, fucking blah. Can't lose the Jewish vote can you Lamont? It's disgusting that money and left-wing propaganda win you a primary. But yes, the people will vote and Joe will win as an independent.

It's sickening. As you stated, Joe supported but hated the way the war was handled but got kicked out by the voters with help from moveon. But in the end, come 2008, that radical liberal party will once again fail at gaining the white house. The democratic party dam sure not what it used to be back in the day. They are out of control. Either follow EVERY position they do, or your'e labeled a conservative. What a fucking tolerant party!
  • Options
    It's sickening. As you stated, Joe supported but hated the way the war was handled but got kicked out by the voters with help from moveon. But in the end, come 2008, that radical liberal party will once again fail at gaining the white house. The democratic party dam sure not what it used to be back in the day. They are out of control. Either follow EVERY position they do, or your'e labeled a conservative. What a fucking tolerant party!

Can you explain how being antiwar makes you a "radical liberal"?
  • Options
    Can you explain how being antiwar makes you a "radical liberal"?

There's alot more to it than just antiwar. That does not make one radical.
  • Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    I love this. An incumbant gets voted out in the primary and all the conservatives are sickened by the "dirty" campaigning that involved moveon. The same people, most of whom support Karl Rove who:
    1. Smeared a war hero (who lost limbs in vietnam) by campaigning with photos of him (Max Cleland) with Bin Laden and Hussein.
    2. In the GOP primary, ran a phone campaign of S. Carolina voters--a "poll" that asked them "would you be more or less likely to vote for John McCain if you heard he'd illegitimately fathered a black child."
    3. I believe he bugged his own office in a Bush campaign for Texas Governor so the Democratic party would be blamed.

But keep being sickened by democratic campaigning.
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    There's alot more to it than just antiwar. That does not make one radical.

Then why is Lamont radical?
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    I love this. An incumbant gets voted out in the primary and all the conservatives are sickened by the "dirty" campaigning that involved moveon. The same people, most of whom support Karl Rove who:
    1. Smeared a war hero (who lost limbs in vietnam) by campaigning with photos of him (Max Cleland) with Bin Laden and Hussein.
    2. In the GOP primary, ran a phone campaign of S. Carolina voters--a "poll" that asked them "would you be more or less likely to vote for John McCain if you heard he'd illegitimately fathered a black child."
    3. I believe he bugged his own office in a Bush campaign for Texas Governor so the Democratic party would be blamed.

But keep being sickened by democratic campaigning.

4. Shut down the opponent's campaing website and email effectively killing a large portion of campaing communication and GOTV plans on election day.
  • Options
    I cannot believe some people here...is is American pride (b/c Americans have great pride for their country which I have hailed many times as being fantastic but too much can lead one to being very illogical) or what is it (and I am not trying to be insulting but that is what it seems it adds up to)...you cannot admit to yourselves you failed...miserably at that...now we call the anti-war movement kooks and all that fun stuff.....why cannot the acknowledgement be made that "mission failed"....get the boys back home...they have seen enough blood for five lifetimes....the excuse that Bin Laden will rally the troops as defeating America...give me a break...America/Britain/Israel have already rallied the troops with their unjustified magnitude of attacks....radical Islam was on the decline and all these nations have done is portray these people as heroes and the only option to rid their country of invaders...sorry Bin Laden won when America came to Iraq.....and more importantly remained to stay in Iraq....if you cannot fathom that simple concept I don't know....
  • Options
    Then why is Lamont radical?

I guess a public healthcare system is deemed kooky......
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    4. Shut down the opponent's campaing website and email effectively killing a large portion of campaing communication and GOTV plans on election day.
    A possibility - but it could have just been heavy traffic.

However, the Lamont campaign actually put up Lieberman's cached web page up on their page - so I don't think that one can be tied directly to the Lamont campaign itself.
  • Options
    I guess a public healthcare system is deemed kooky......

His issues are on the left fringe. It's fine it's just not going to play well when the voters are not all in the same place. Many here are on that same fringe which will not make for a very fair political assessment from this board.
  • Options
    It's so funny when the debates or discussion stop at: Liberals vs. Conservatives, makes everyone miss the point, but sure can be entertaining to read...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    A possibility - but it could have just been heavy traffic.

However, the Lamont campaign actually put up Lieberman's cached web page up on their page - so I don't think that one can be tied directly to the Lamont campaign itself.

It was hacked. I posted a link to the screenshot that was there when it happened. It's in one of the threads yesterday.

The problem was not that people couldn't see the pictures. It cut off all internet based GOTV communications for Lieberman's campaign. That could have easily been a cover-up by the Lamont campaign. He cannot be held to a different standard by this board than Bush just because he is a left winger.
  • Options
    hmmm....sounds a lot like a "conspiracy theory" to me.

Does it? What do you think happened in 2000 and 2004? Are you of the same opinion as me that Bush won those elections based on prescribed legal standards?
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    It was hacked. I posted a link to the screenshot that was there when it happened. It's in one of the threads yesterday.

The problem was not that people couldn't see the pictures. It cut off all internet based GOTV communications for Lieberman's campaign. That could have easily been a cover-up by the Lamont campaign. He cannot be held to a different standard by this board than Bush just because he is a left winger.
    I didn't see that screenshot. Could you post the link again?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    RainDog wrote:
    I didn't see that screenshot. Could you post the link again?

Here's his post from yesterday w/ the link:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3603858&postcount=17
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    "We'll see in November."

the dems have no ideas to sell to the american people, all they do is bash bush. thats great for sound bites, but it doesn't win elections. didn't you all learn anything from the last mid-term elections, or the elections 2 years ago?
    anything is better than lying to the American people and getting into this war.....and to those blasing liberals.....why don't you honestly look in the Mirror.....and say to yourselves....."I've been Punked by Bush and his buddies" Go ahead and do it..you will free yourselves of all these dillusions of EVIL, MASS MURDERES, WMD's. ...I'm just loving it....got to be tough supporting Bush now....I mean...JESUS...wake up people. OOPS.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG