Options

November 2008

2»

Comments

• Options
    LazLaz Posts: 118
    zstillings wrote:
    I agree with you. The only way she makes it past the primary is because she has so much more money stocked up than any other probable candidate at this time.

she'll win because of this reason and because the DNC doesn't have anyone as popular to throw out there... I'm not sure if the swing voters trust the GOP at this point in time...
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Cosmo wrote:
    I don't think it's a Republican/Democrat thing... here's why I feel this way.
    Let's say that in the same timeframe (2000 - 2006), the same exact events occured and the same exact decisions were made and the same exact outcomes resulted... the only thing different is the President is Al Gore.
    Would the same people supporting the war and decisions and results... STILL be supporting the President?
    I can guarantee you that I would STILL be against this war, the way it was sold, the way it was handled and the way it continues to be mishandled.

If Al Gore where President, im sure we would be in the place where we should be trying to find the person we really need to find...........Hey any of you guys remember that guy that was incharge of the 911 attack????????............what was his name??????????? Bin Lauden?
    I'll be back
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    If Al Gore where President, im sure we would be in the place where we should be trying to find the person we really need to find...........Hey any of you guys remember that guy that was incharge of the 911 attack????????............what was his name??????????? Bin Lauden?
    I know, things would probably be different.
    The point I am trying to make is the underlying reasons WHY the War supporters are still out there. Would they feel the same way about the war if the President was a Democrat? I'm guessing, not. I cannot see FOX News and their viewers supporting the same decisions, if they were made by a Democrat... can you? Can you picture, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly making the same stand... or railling about all of the past mistakes? They would be having a field day. Can you picture the Bush supporters here, saying good things about a President Gore that made W.M.D. claims that have failed to materialize? No fucking way.
    And the anti-War people... we'd STILL be raging against the war, no matter what political party affiliation the President is... Republican, Democrat, Green Party, etc... the whole fucking thing was wrong from the beginning and there is no plan to finish it other than, 'Stay The Course'.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    Cosmo wrote:
    I know, things would probably be different.
    The point I am trying to make is the underlying reasons WHY the War supporters are still out there. Would they feel the same way about the war if the President was a Democrat? I'm guessing, not. I cannot see FOX News and their viewers supporting the same decisions, if they were made by a Democrat... can you? Can you picture, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly making the same stand... or railling about all of the past mistakes? They would be having a field day. Can you picture the Bush supporters here, saying good things about a President Gore that made W.M.D. claims that have failed to materialize? No fucking way.
    And the anti-War people... we'd STILL be raging against the war, no matter what political party affiliation the President is... Republican, Democrat, Green Party, etc... the whole fucking thing was wrong from the beginning and there is no plan to finish it other than, 'Stay The Course'.

That's a big brush that you're using there. There are truly anti-war people here and there are also truly anti-Bush people here much like there are truly anti-war people around here and there are still a few truly anti-Israel people here.
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    That's a big brush that you're using there. There are truly anti-war people here and there are also truly anti-Bush people here much like there are truly anti-war people around here and there are still a few truly anti-Israel people here.
    Okay... I'll fully qualify that statement...
    I... would STILL be raging against the war, no matter what political party affiliation the President is... Republican, Democrat, Green Party, etc... the whole fucking thing was wrong from the beginning and there is no plan to finish it other than, 'Stay The Course'.
    And for some reason... I just cannot picture you defending a Democratic President Al Gore on Iraq... wire tapping... deficit... huge spending... Katrina... Harriet Meirs...
    But, I could be wrong.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Okay... I'll fully qualify that statement...
    I... would STILL be raging against the war, no matter what political party affiliation the President is... Republican, Democrat, Green Party, etc... the whole fucking thing was wrong from the beginning and there is no plan to finish it other than, 'Stay The Course'.
    And for some reason... I just cannot picture you defending a Democratic President Al Gore on Iraq... wire tapping... deficit... huge spending... Katrina... Harriet Meirs...
    But, I could be wrong.

I know that you would still be against the war but I could think of some around here who wouldn't be.

I would have been for the Iraq war at the beginning regardless. I thought this should have been done during the first Gulf War. I have not really defended Bush on any of those other issues, in fact I have been against him on all of those except for Katrina.
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    I know that you would still be against the war but I could think of some around here who wouldn't be.

I would have been for the Iraq war at the beginning regardless. I thought this should have been done during the first Gulf War. I have not really defended Bush on any of those other issues, in fact I have been against him on all of those except for Katrina.
    Then, you don't fit the bill. But, can you picture Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly... FOX News in general defending a Democratic President? I can't.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Then, you don't fit the bill. But, can you picture Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly... FOX News in general defending a Democratic President? I can't.

No but in the same way I couldn't see Al Franken or Janeane Garofalo bashing a Demorat as much.