Options

My perspective

2»

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    shiraz wrote:
    Hi! I was wondering what's going on with you. Did you also wake up today to sound of the alram/explosions like us?

I saw it too, but Nasralla meant he wants the air-force attacks on him to stop, and if we do that then he'll stop fireing on Israeli civilians (hence, the battle via ground troops remains). The problem is he said that before after Qana, but he still fired on Kiryat Shmona (though it wasn't as intense as it usually was) and deeper into Afulla. I think that's why my govt don't really trust his words. However, we are running out of time so I believe that cease-fire will come in one way or another.

No one said we can, ever since day one the IDF talked about getting rid of 50% of Hizbullah's power. If Nasralla is asking us to stop shooting, it means he is in trouble (you don't really think he cares about civilians, do you? cause if you do, you are VERY naive), so I believe the IDF will try to keep hurting him in every way they can, till they have no other choice but to stop. Yes, it means both of us are gonna keep on suffering, and that's really some bad news :(

Hizbullah threatened on Tel Aviv, THAN we threatened on Beirut - Only thing we did up untill now is shooting at Hizbullah neighborhoods in southern Beirut. Either way, it does sound like a stupid game. The problem is, they are playing with our lifes :(

Just like me.

Again, Nasralla was the one who threatened Tel Aviv, we didn't fire at Beirut besides Hizbullah's areas, and there's no reason why we would do such a thing. This is Nasralla with his same attempts of stirring things up, just like he was trying to pull Syria into this when Israel repeatedly said we don't want to have anything to do with Syria.

*edit*: I forgot to mention that yesterday night (~21:00), Nasralla did try to fire 1 or 2 missiles towards Tel Aviv, how ever we were able to shot them down before they've reached their target. No one got hurt, and we didn't bomb Beirut nor shut down Lebanon's electricity power. Like I said, we can't trust that guy - he says what he wants and does what he wants.

I didn't understand your last sentence, but never mind. I think it is up not only to the both of us, but also to the rest of the world. Nothing good would happen if no one is gonna help you get rid of Hizbullah - we'll end up in the same spot we are now maybe 3 years from now.

"For every man who wants to rule the world, There'll be a man who just wants to be free, What do we learn but what should not be learnt? Too late to find a cure for this disease...
    If God's on our side, then God is a joker, Asleep on the job, his children fall over, Running out through the door and straight to the sky, I don't want to die..."

Nerina pallot, I thought I'm the only one who likes that song of hers.

I'm glad you're not in a shelter. Tomorrow it'll be 21 days for me inside the shelter. I'm a prisoner within my own home, hope you'll never have to feel like that in some part of your life. I also think we can't really do anything besides sit here and wait till it will be over soon. Maybe its pessimism, or maybe it is just over-experience.

Take care, I hope to hear from you soon, and I also hope this whole shit we'll be over ASAP.

Shiraz

Shiraz stay safe too.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    ruud wrote:
    hey shiraz. i understand what you mean and dont wory about that i sometimes see life in such eyes but im kind of trying to say that you move slightly away from what someone would think the sterotypical israeli sounds like...but i understand what you mean about looking at things realisticly because thats the only to proceed with life positively i say. anyways take care and about the cease-fire draft i know very much about it but from what i got from the t.v after the arabs met in beirut they sent a draft with two people to the un right away and we'll see something of it sent to israel in the next few days...supposedly it is realistic enough but i have my doubts...because as it seems if israel decline..we got an un-ending war and its most likely the end of lebanon as far as that goes...hope not..i will try and get online tommorow and talk about it if anything cahnges...
    see you...

Ruud, if the UN won't decide anything in the next few days, the IDF will increas its actions. The main thing Israel is demanding is those Int armed forces of the UN get into southern Lebanon instead of the IDF, and in the same time have a cease-fire. I don't understand why your govt is refusing to accept this other then caring more about Hizbullah then you & your family. :(
  • Options
    Nice to hear from you RUUD, be safe, my best thoughts are going to all those who suffers from this stupid warmongers conflict, there's nothing else we can do than watch and hope for peace (big protest here in Montreal yesterday, around 15,000, you guys are not forgotten at all).

This conflict is horrible and i'm voiceless when it comes to those who support the use of power, it's just pure non-sense to me... anyway, be safe, RUUD and SHIRAZ (and all those who suffers from this)...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    ruudruud Posts: 34
    thanks thankyougrandma for writing,
    and shiraz as well all you said is true, i still refuse to understand where my goverment officials got their education and ive concluded its non existent. they are just about as stubborn as hizballah is. but we'll see there so litlte to do, they have their motorcades and ride throiugh life knowing theyre noit going to get harmed while th epeople suffer. fuck governments.
    anyways theres so little to do now but wait as usual and im guessing there wil not be a positive outcome now at leas tnot yet..it doesnt seem everyone is agreed on the terms...well i dont know..our lives are at stake, friends are depressed, familes confused and leaving. what can one do but take it in bit by bit..
    hope youre safe as well..
    take care all of you and hope to hear from you soon..
    bye bye
    ruud
    "If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." John Lennon

My god its been so long, never dreamed you'd return, but now here you are, and here i am.
  • Options
    ruud wrote:
    thanks thankyougrandma for writing,
    and shiraz as well all you said is true, i still refuse to understand where my goverment officials got their education and ive concluded its non existent. they are just about as stubborn as hizballah is. but we'll see there so litlte to do, they have their motorcades and ride throiugh life knowing theyre noit going to get harmed while th epeople suffer. fuck governments.
    anyways theres so little to do now but wait as usual and im guessing there wil not be a positive outcome now at leas tnot yet..it doesnt seem everyone is agreed on the terms...well i dont know..our lives are at stake, friends are depressed, familes confused and leaving. what can one do but take it in bit by bit..
    hope youre safe as well..
    take care all of you and hope to hear from you soon..
    bye bye
    ruud

If only the other members on this forum will notice the things you & me have to say... In the meantime the UN still acting VERY slow, and things are about to escalate only because these Int armed forces. This is insane, you and I are gonna suffer a lot more than we already have :(

How is everything going in Beirut? Did you hear about Nasralla asking for the arab residents of my home town Haifa to leave their homes cause he doesn't wants to hurt them, only the jews? :) Well, I guess it means I'll have more days to spend in the shelter...
  • Options
    ruud wrote:

Stay safe -- I hope tomorrow finds you well.

To ask another to put down his gun while maintaining your own right to hold yours is the paramount of hypocrisy. It is not up to Israel to stop fighting for your sake. It is up to Israel to stop fighting for their own sake. And the same goes for Hezbollah. Drop your weapons if you stand for peace. Clutch them if you stand for war. You cannot have both.

Be well.
  • Options
    Stay safe -- I hope tomorrow finds you well.

To ask another to put down his gun while maintaining your own right to hold yours is the paramount of hypocrisy. It is not up to Israel to stop fighting for your sake. It is up to Israel to stop fighting for their own sake. And the same goes for Hezbollah. Drop your weapons if you stand for peace. Clutch them if you stand for war. You cannot have both.

Be well.

No darling, read what he wrote - it is up to HIS govt, the Lebanese govt. They are refusing the immediat entry of Int armed forces INSTEAD of the IDF, only because Hizbullah doesn't like that Idea. Well, that idea is the key for a cease-fire. Ruud & I don't want to be in Hizbullah's hands, we need them under the control of the Lebanese army & the UN army.