Options

Iran President Warns of Spreading Violence

PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/w-me/2006/jul/25/072500455.html

"He who raises the wind will get a hurricane."

Maybe Hezbollah/Iran shouldnt have pissed into the wind as they have. They've certainly started up quite the hurricane.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned Tuesday that the conflict between Lebanon and Israel could trigger "a hurricane" of broader fighting in the Middle East.

Ahmadinejad's nation is a major backer of the Hezbollah militant group and a sworn enemy of Israel. In his comments, he referred to a proverb that says: "He who raises the wind will get a hurricane."

"That proverb fully relates to the Middle East, which is a very volatile region," he said. "And it will be a strong hurricane which will strike really hard."

Ahmadinejad made his comments after meeting with Tajik President Emomali Rakhmonov. The two leaders signed a joint statement declaring "that the use of force against Palestine and Lebanon is unacceptable."

"All issues of international security must be resolved through dialogue, because force does not bring a solution," the Iranian leader said. "The use of force will only exacerbate the situation."

Ahmadinejad and Rakhmonov called for a cease-fire and urged international organizations to seek the swiftest possible settlement of the conflict.

Tajikistan is an impoverished but strategically important former Soviet republic because of its border with Afghanistan. Tajik and Iranian officials signed agreements Tuesday meant to boost trade and cooperation on cultural issues, labor, justice and tourism.
Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/w-me/2006/jul/25/072500455.html

"He who raises the wind will get a hurricane."

Maybe Hezbollah/Iran shouldnt have pissed into the wind as they have. They've certainly started up quite the hurricane.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned Tuesday that the conflict between Lebanon and Israel could trigger "a hurricane" of broader fighting in the Middle East.

Ahmadinejad's nation is a major backer of the Hezbollah militant group and a sworn enemy of Israel. In his comments, he referred to a proverb that says: "He who raises the wind will get a hurricane."

"That proverb fully relates to the Middle East, which is a very volatile region," he said. "And it will be a strong hurricane which will strike really hard."

Ahmadinejad made his comments after meeting with Tajik President Emomali Rakhmonov. The two leaders signed a joint statement declaring "that the use of force against Palestine and Lebanon is unacceptable."

"All issues of international security must be resolved through dialogue, because force does not bring a solution," the Iranian leader said. "The use of force will only exacerbate the situation."

Ahmadinejad and Rakhmonov called for a cease-fire and urged international organizations to seek the swiftest possible settlement of the conflict.

Tajikistan is an impoverished but strategically important former Soviet republic because of its border with Afghanistan. Tajik and Iranian officials signed agreements Tuesday meant to boost trade and cooperation on cultural issues, labor, justice and tourism.

I thinks its funny when the big and bad Iranian President even calls for diplomacy...yet the President of the free world doesn't have the balls to step up to Israel...I guess lobbyist money goes a long way.....and he is right about force...and i hope for everyones sake he does not join in and play...will only create an excuse for the USA to become fully involved....
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I thinks its funny when the big and bad Iranian President even calls for diplomacy...yet the President of the free world doesn't have the balls to step up to Israel...I guess lobbyist money goes a long way.....and he is right about force...and i hope for everyones sake he does not join in and play...will only create an excuse for the USA to become fully involved....

I don't see the Iranian President as a bad guy. He just wants to exercise his international right to nuclear energy.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I don't see the Iranian President as a bad guy. He just wants to exercise his international right to nuclear energy.

Muslims do not mix with nuclear anything..

Funny because not letting a country try to create an alternatve energy source because there are whackos present kinda seems a little racist to me....considering the USA has whackos....so does Isreal...hell everyone does...but this logic does not stem from me...picked up from another thread starter.....
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

I was being sarcastic don't know if you caught it or not? :)

But if you did....my bad.
  • Options

Yeah, because Im SURE that the big bad Iranian Pres REALLY wants diplomacy.

hey, who needs ACTIONS when you've got WORDS.

And it would create a REASON for us to become involved. Not an "excuse".

I hope it doesnt come to that.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Yeah, because Im SURE that the big bad Iranian Pres REALLY wants diplomacy.

hey, who needs ACTIONS when you've got WORDS.

And it would create a REASON for us to become involved. Not an "excuse".

I hope it doesnt come to that.

Well you don't know that any better than me.
  • Options
    Muslims do not mix with nuclear anything..

Funny because not letting a country try to create an alternatve energy source because there are whackos present kinda seems a little racist to me....considering the USA has whackos....so does Isreal...hell everyone does...but this logic does not stem from me...picked up from another thread starter.....

What we should do is educate them on nuclear energy and provide them with proper equipment. We don't want to risk another Chernobyl because we refused to allow them nuclear power.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    What we should do is educate them on nuclear energy and provide them with proper equipment. We don't want to risk another Chernobyl because we refused to allow them nuclear power.

This is what Putin wants with Iran.....lets just hope they updated their maintenance manuals....:)
  • Options
    This is what Putin wants with Iran.....lets just hope they updated their maintenance manuals....:)

Yea, geeze, the last thing we need is the Russians showing them how to do it, lol.

I wonder what they are going to do with the Chernobyl Sarcophogus, apparently it's deteriorating.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Ahnimus wrote:

I've read some funny stuff on here, and this one ranks at the top!!

Not a bad guy??? Let's see, if Georgie boy just comes out and says he wants to wipe Iran off the map, this board would be empty for all of the ppl jumping out of window and the other half buring effigies of bushie while chanting he is an EVIL guy.

BUT, since we have a middle eastern nut job that says he wants to wipe out Israel, he's not that bad a guy?

My my, how true colors shine bright on here;)
  • Options
    I've read some funny stuff on here, and this one ranks at the top!!

Not a bad guy??? Let's see, if Georgie boy just comes out and says he wants to wipe Iran off the map, this board would be empty for all of the ppl jumping out of window and the other half buring effigies of bushie while chanting he is an EVIL guy.

BUT, since we have a middle eastern nut job that says he wants to wipe out Israel, he's not that bad a guy?

My my, how true colors shine bright on here;)

Well that is obviously the sentiment of the Arab world right now, and apparently the Persians aswell. So as a speaker for his people, he's doing a pretty good job.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412

Ahnimus wrote:

Isn't this the same guy who claimed " Israel should be and will be wiped off the planet, destroyed, and it will be very soon" and that " Jews are swine" or something to that effect?

Yeah, real nice guy:rolleyes:

For guys/gals that I consider highly intelligent, you sometimes come off as so naive.

I can't believe you let yourself be roped-in and duped by this maniac.

He's no different than our very own current maniacs- Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    He's no different than our very own current maniacs- Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.

That's my point exactly. When Bush calls for the destruction of Iraq, it's a good thing. But.. Israel, hey that's wrong.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    That's my point exactly. When Bush calls for the destruction of Iraq, it's a good thing. But.. Israel, hey that's wrong.

Never was a good thing, in my mind and heart.

The problem is this, and I've said it a zillion times; taking sides and defending one scroundel against the other scoundrel-leaves you supporting scoundrels. They are all assholes and they are all criminals, in my eyes.

None of them get my support or defense.

No one in this whole mess is right. They are all in the wrong. They have all committed the same horrific crimes and attrocities.

We as a people of the planet earth should have and should demand higher standards.

It's up to us to push for those higer standards and stop picking sides. Make all of the assholes accountable and responsible.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Never was a good thing, in my mind and heart.

The problem is this, and I've said it a zillion times; taking sides and defending one scroundel against the other scoundrel-leaves you supporting scoundrels. They are all assholes and they are all criminals, in my eyes.

None of them get my support or defense.

No one in this whole mess is right. They are all in the wrong. They have all committed the same horrific crimes and attrocities.

We as a people of the planet earth should have and should demand higher standards.

It's up to us to push for those higer standards and stop picking sides. Make all of the assholes accountable and responsible.

Ok, I agree with you, but atleast the Iran Pres has a nice smile. lol

So out of all the scumbags, is it ok if I like him more?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Where I come from, we call that a shit-eating grin. Not a nice smile:D

But whatever floats your boat......
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Where I come from, we call that a shit-eating grin. Not a nice smile:D

But whatever floats your boat......

Where do you come from? When you take someone's picture do you ask them for a big shit-eating grin?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Im not so sure you even have a point. And bush never called for "the destruction of Iraq". Show me that quote. I can show you the Iranian leaders quotes. Until then, don't make half assed attempts at justifying your position with made up statements.
    Ahnimus wrote:

So when you leaving for Iran to become a citizen there? Ill help you pack your bags. :p
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Im not so sure you even have a point. And bush never called for "the destruction of Iraq". Show me that quote. I can show you the Iranian leaders quotes. Until then, don't make half assed attempts at justifying your position with made up statements.

So when you leaving for Iran to become a citizen there? Ill help you pack your bags. :p

Well when you put quotes around it, no he didn't say that, but something to that effect, oh right "disarm Saddam" that was his wording of choice, but ultimately what he did was "destroyed Iraq"
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    More like destroy Saddam, and take over what he had. Make no doubt, something in Iraq has been destroyed. ;)
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Well when you put quotes around it, no he didn't say that, but something to that effect, oh right "disarm Saddam" that was his wording of choice, but ultimately what he did was "destroyed Iraq"

Even if one concedes that Iraq is "destroyed", thats an entire different animal than "wiping it off the map". And yes, it really is that black/white when comparing the two.

And btw, I always use quotes when I'm directly QUOTING someone. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Even if one concedes that Iraq is "destroyed", thats an entire different animal than "wiping it off the map". And yes, it really is that black/white when comparing the two.

And btw, I always use quotes when I'm directly QUOTING someone. ;)

Ok so now he isn't saying "destroy israel" it's "wipe it off the map"?

By the way, does it feel good to use BIG TEXT?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Ok so now he isn't saying "destroy israel" it's "wipe it off the map"?

By the way, does it feel good to use BIG TEXT?

What did you find incorrect in my statement, besides the big text issue? Because Iran doesnt want to just destroy Jewish Israel, they want to eradicate them. Nazi style. Self proclaimed. No media distortion. He said so. That is a far cry from the situation in Iraq, no matter how you twist it.

Note, I see you had to make yours bigger than mine. Got issues with size envy?? ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    What did you find incorrect in my statement, besides the big text issue? Because Iran doesnt want to just destroy Jewish Israel, they want to eradicate them. Nazi style. Self proclaimed. No media distortion. He said so. That is a far cry from the situation in Iraq, no matter how you twist it.

Note, I see you had to make yours bigger than mine. Got issues with size envy?? ;)

My size is adequate, lol.

I just don't take those threats seriously. Sure, Iran is a bad guy. He is their democratically elected dude, so can't complain now can we?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    My size is adequate, lol.

I just don't take those threats seriously. Sure, Iran is a bad guy. He is their democratically elected dude, so can't complain now can we?

All the more reason to complain, he apparently does represent a good portion of his population in his/their views. And his views take hate and killing to a whole nother level.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    All the more reason to complain, he apparently does represent a good portion of his population in his/their views. And his views take hate and killing to a whole nother level.

Israel and the USA aren't opposed to genocide either, so... what makes this guy so bad? Oh right, he actually has the balls to say it.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Israel and the USA aren't opposed to genocide either, so... what makes this guy so bad? Oh right, he actually has the balls to say it.

Its pointless even bothering with people like you. Seriously, I know its lame, but why stay? You hate the US and what it stands for. so much. Canada is always open.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Its pointless even bothering with people like you. Seriously, I know its lame, but why stay? You hate the US and what it stands for. so much. Canada is always open.

Cool, I live in Canada :P
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Cool, I live in Canada :P

Figures.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad