fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
edited September 2008 in A Moving Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=But9m3O4umI

how much more do people need??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    "Only six percent of probes into offences allegedly committed by Israeli soldiers against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank yield indictments, an Israeli rights group said on Wednesday."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080730/wl_mideast_afp/mideastconflictrightstrial
  • Options
  • Options
    KannKann Posts: 1,146
    _outlaw wrote:
    Depends what you want.
    You want people to realize there are bad guys in Israel? You want people to say jews are evil? You want people to say its all Israel's fault? You want people to vote for Nader? You want people to go and fight for a free Palestine?
  • Options
    Kann wrote:
    Depends what you want.
    You want people to realize there are bad guys in Israel? You want people to say jews are evil? You want people to say its all Israel's fault? You want people to vote for Nader? You want people to go and fight for a free Palestine?
    you're delusional.
  • Options
    _outlaw wrote:
    you're delusional.
    Ok, I'm sorry for the nature of the questions.
    But really, "how much more do people need" for what?
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    _outlaw wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=But9m3O4umI

this is terrible...I hope the shooter is held accountable...
  • Options
    Kann wrote:
    Ok, I'm sorry for the nature of the questions.
    But really, "how much more do people need" for what?
    before they realize there is more to this story than "both sides are wrong." before they realize that Israel is in fact occupying Palestine under a brutal regime. before they realize that this can't be stopped by people standing idly and saying "well, until the Palestinians decide to come forward (whatever that means), I'll just let these people die."
  • Options
    _outlaw wrote:
    before they realize there is more to this story than "both sides are wrong." before they realize that Israel is in fact occupying Palestine under a brutal regime. before they realize that this can't be stopped by people standing idly and saying "well, until the Palestinians decide to come forward (whatever that means), I'll just let these people die."
    Fair enough. I disagreed on using socking videos and actions to make a point because more than often they're used (by both sides) to create emotional reactions that leads to hate and not that much to rational thought.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    this is terrible...I hope the shooter is held accountable...
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080730/wl_mideast_afp/mideastconflictrightstrial
  • Options
    Kann wrote:
    Fair enough. I disagreed on using socking videos and actions to make a point because more than often they're used (by both sides) to create emotional reactions that leads to hate and not that much to rational thought.
    I'm not trying to incite hate at all Israelis, but their government and the occupation it holds over Palestine really shouldn't be making people simply apathetic.

In order to think rationally you have to understand what is going on there. Unfortunately, people ignore facts like these and just move on to "well, I heard from the news that both sides use violence, so clearly they're both wrong. Until one of them steps forward, I'll just sit here and enjoy this Big Mac."
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the thread name, but what's that bad about shooting someone who's dead already? haha

(Just thought I'd share a chuckle on a very touchy topic).
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    _outlaw wrote:

as I said, this is terrible...I hope the shooter is held accountable...
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    _outlaw wrote:

and people wonder why the age of suicide bombers are dropping. and it's not from that Palestinian Sesame Street
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    _outlaw wrote:

I believe the official report is 9, I Think I read it this morning on hareetz
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    I believe the official report is 9, I Think I read it this morning on hareetz
    you are correct.
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1006972.html
  • Options
    SpreadtheJAMSpreadtheJAM Posts: 344
    Look who put up that video. none other than al jazeera. i wouldn't put too much weight behind that piece there.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    Look who put up that video. none other than al jazeera. i wouldn't put too much weight behind that piece there.
    al jazeera is a very credible source. If you would like to prove me otherwise, go ahead and try.
  • Options
    "Israeli troops fatally shot two Palestinian youths, aged ten and seventeen, this week in a village known for its nonviolent resistance."

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/8/1/israeli_troops_kill_two_palestinians_in
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    The thing is Outlaw, it comes across as you just trying to vilify and demonize a specific group of people. The situation is entirely fucked over there, obviously. We get it.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    HushBull wrote:
    The thing is Outlaw, it comes across as you just trying to vilify and demonize a specific group of people. The situation is entirely fucked over there, obviously. We get it.
    it's not a specific group of people-- that's plain ridiculous, and only someone who's trying to discredit the argument for the defense of the Palestinians would actually try to point out that I'm trying to vilify all Israelis.

However, their government is part of a mass campaign against the Palestinians and their land, and many people seem content excusing it.

"the situation is fucked, obviously. we get it."

ok, so we should do nothing? what the fuck is that comment supposed to mean? please, enlighten me.
  • Options
    C4Lukin wrote:
    So the country of Israel shot a dead nine year old boy. I mean if he was already dead, and this was a sanctioned shooting by the entire country I do not see what is wrong here. A bit demented and disrespectful yes.
    they didn't shoot a dead kid, they shot a kid dead. they shot MANY, MANY kids dead. the only thing that's demented and disrespectful is people actually excusing or ignoring these heinous acts.
    And yes I am willfully being ignorant about the situation. But maybe hearing the words "How is it that a 9 year old boy, so very alive earlier in the day, is now lying dead in a hospital morgue," leaves a few question marks in my mind about the reporting going on here. There is just so much misleading about that story and the wording at the begining of this thread that any intelligent discussion was dead before it started.
    I think you should listen to your own advice in that you're ignorant about the situation and leave it at that because the rest of this quote is just that- ignorance.
  • Options
    raszputiniraszputini Posts: 119
    Israel stole that land with force and subterfuge (as well as US and British backing) and has had to constantly use those methods to keep it. The Palestinians have certainly done their share of evil, but if we hadn't pushed them out of their home this probably wouldn't be happening.

I actually know a couple of Israelis, and they are awesome folks. This isn't their fault, but now the entire society has been conditioned to aggressively defend their little sliver of land from invaders, the only compromise is to give up their perceived homes and in a lot of ways, their way of life, because their grandparents stole them.

Really fucked up situation. It's what happens when the US and UK get together and start arbitrarily drawing lines on the globe.
  • Options
    raszputini wrote:
    I actually know a couple of Israelis, and they are awesome folks. This isn't their fault, but now the entire society has been conditioned to aggressively defend their little sliver of land from invaders, the only compromise is to give up their perceived homes and in a lot of ways, their way of life, because their grandparents stole them.
    That's correct, but I will add that the kids have done their fair share of crime as well. It wasn't that their grandparents stole the land, and the kids have lived in peace since. Israeli settlers even these days still launch attacks against innocent Palestinians.

Not saying you didn't know that, just throwing it in.
  • Options
    .................What about all of the children killed because of Americans waging a war against Iraq? What about the thousands of children in America that are abused, molested and murdered? Why does that not matter? This is crap. It goes on all over the whole freakin' world and to pick out one particular incident because it's a certain country is not only ignorant, it's hypocritical. America needs to fix her own problems before trying to fix other countries' problems. Though I do believe America is beyond repair.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
  • Options
    .................What about all of the children killed because of Americans waging a war against Iraq? What about the thousands of children in America that are abused, molested and murdered? Why does that not matter?
    feel free to make threads about those.
    This is crap. It goes on all over the whole freakin' world and to pick out one particular incident because it's a certain country is not only ignorant, it's hypocritical. America needs to fix her own problems before trying to fix other countries' problems. Though I do believe America is beyond repair.
    I see... so we should let the Palestinian people suffer and tell them not to bitch because it happens all over the world while we sit at home, eat Big Macs and Freedom Fries, and yell at Bill O'Reilly on the TV all day? great.
  • Options
    They are suffering because of America. Don't you see that? You cannot trust American media for information on other countries. America doesn't—DOES NOT—have the right to go into other countries and tell them how to live. No country has that right. It's wrong.
    Yeah, America is spoiled, big time, but there is a multitude of suffering in this country.
    My beef is the hypocrisy of this country. The arrogance. They act like they are holy and have the right to go about ordering other countries around.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
  • Options
    They are suffering because of America. Don't you see that? You cannot trust American media for information on other countries. America doesn't—DOES NOT—have the right to go into other countries and tell them how to live. No country has that right. It's wrong.
    Yeah, America is spoiled, big time, but there is a multitude of suffering in this country.
    My beef is the hypocrisy of this country. The arrogance. They act like they are holy and have the right to go about ordering other countries around.
    ok, I agree with that. what's your point of ignoring the situation in Palestine though?