Options

Israel doesn't need the world's approval to defend itself..

13»

Comments

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Magus wrote:
    Unless you are calling Hezbollah a political group I beileve you are mistaken. And saying this is over strictly 2 kidnapped soldiers clearly shows your lack of understanding for the entire conflict. While the lives of those 2 soldiers are important it is about the recognition of borders and the violation of the border. The escalation of the conflict is the result of both sides agressive nature, and the understanding that neither side is exactly the most diplomatic group of people.

Exactly, and Israel has occupied part of Lebanon, Syria and Palestine for a long time.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Nakedeye66Nakedeye66 Posts: 94
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Would you care to give an example of Chomskyite blather? Or is this just more flatulence?

Byrnzie, you flatulate with the best. I'm no match for you, but having just wolfed down a Chicago specialty Italian Beef-n-Sausage combo sandwich, I'll give it a whirl.

Hey Byrnzie, where is all your compassion for the Indonesian tsunami casualties ... or the dead in India from train bombings? Hey, it wouldn't be fair to accuse your high and mighty pontificating and condescension as being "anti-Israel" ... wouldn't want to do that. But do you give one shred of concern about casualties for which you can't lay blame at the feet of Israel of America?

Then again, I presume you have the powers to lay blame for EVERYTHING on Israel ... even your own flatulence. Damn you make this world such a simple place to understand. I regret spending so many years in formal education when I could have just come to this message board and been educated in the rare air you occupy with Kofi and Gorgeous George Galloway, and that a crass American cowboy like me could never comprehend.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Nakedeye66 wrote:
    Byrnzie, you flatulate with the best. I'm no match for you, but having just wolfed down a Chicago specialty Italian Beef-n-Sausage combo sandwich, I'll give it a whirl.

Hey Byrnzie, where is all your compassion for the Indonesian tsunami casualties ... or the dead in India from train bombings? Hey, it wouldn't be fair to accuse your high and mighty pontificating and condescension as being "anti-Israel" ... wouldn't want to do that. But do you give one shred of concern about casualties for which you can't lay blame at the feet of Israel of America?

Then again, I presume you have the powers to lay blame for EVERYTHING on Israel ... even your own flatulence. Damn you make this world such a simple place to understand. I regret spending so many years in formal education when I could have just come to this message board and been educated in the rare air you occupy with Kofi and Gorgeous George Galloway, and that a crass American cowboy like me could never comprehend.

And the mods warned me over making 'personal comments' about other members on the board. Shiiit, now I'm feeling victimized! :eek:
    And yeah, I do blame Israel for my flatulence. I ate a cream cheese bagel earlier, and now my arse is ruined! Fucking Israelis!! :mad:
    You wouldn't happen to have any of those Chicago specialty Italian Beef-n-Sausage combo sandwiches spare now would ya? :confused:
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    it just needs the U.S. approval :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Nakedeye66 wrote:

By the way, I must have overlooked your threads on the subjects of the Indonesian tsunami casualties and the dead in India from train bombings. What were their titles? :confused:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    By the way, I must have overlooked your threads on the subjects of the Indonesian tsunami casualties and the dead in India from train bombings. What were their titles? :confused:

I'm new to the political boards and, like a bad accident on the highway, can't seem to look away despite my better intentions. Being a 40-yr old virgin of sorts, I haven't started any threads. I wait for you to provide me with inspiration. Byrnzie, you are my muse! Like ying and yang, punch and judy, Maggie and Ronnie.

I keep bumping the Mumbai bombing thread to try to keep it at the top, but I've only started one - was silly enough to actually relate this board to PJ's music with sort of a "peace and love for all" message (Charlotte 2000 Improv is the title). But for the most part it seems the folks on the moving train don't want to be bothered with musical items. Hey, live and learn.

But despite your antagonisms, even my yee-hah diplomacy can find some love for folks on the other side of the pond, especially those from whom we co-opted your wonderful language ... hey, sort of like your continent did with Judaism. I grew up in a neighborhood with a wonderful Jewish family named Byrnes. You aren't dealing with self-hate issues, are you? That stuff is pretty prevalent in the UK, since Jews who aren't willing to blast Israel risk losing their faculty positions or worse.

Spread the love Byrnzie. Maybe we all need a big transatlantic group hug. Kidding aside, your culture has made great contributions to Western civilization and to our great yet young nation. But at the end of the day, I say "Thank heavens for cowboys!!!" Without 'em we'd all be speaking German or in a Wahhabi madrassa.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, beef-n-sausage combo.
  • Options
    Nakedeye66 wrote:
    I'm new to the political boards and, like a bad accident on the highway, can't seem to look away despite my better intentions. Being a 40-yr old virgin of sorts, I haven't started any threads. I wait for you to provide me with inspiration. Byrnzie, you are my muse! Like ying and yang, punch and judy, Maggie and Ronnie.

You forgot Laurel and Hardy!
    And yeah, this board is addictive. I should have been in bed ages ago. It's becoming bad for my health!
    (I do have the excuse that Pearl Jam's Vh1 storytellers was just on in the background. And before you ask - I was taping it. Like I said - this moving train is addictive! Not even Pearl Jam can pull me away from it!)
  • Options
    I'll debate with you back and forth ... serious topics but I'm having too much fun. Just keep in mind that we all a bunch of monkeys. Keeps me from ever taking myself too seriously.

You hold the gun
    I hold the wound
    But we stand looking in each others eyes
    Both think we know whats right
    Both know we know whats wrong
    We tell ourselves so many many lies

Name that tune Byrnzie. It took a long time before us Americans rocked as good as you Brits.
  • Options
    Nakedeye66 wrote:
    I'll debate with you back and forth ... serious topics but I'm having too much fun. Just keep in mind that we all a bunch of monkeys. Keeps me from ever taking myself too seriously.

You hold the gun
    I hold the wound
    But we stand looking in each others eyes
    Both think we know whats right
    Both know we know whats wrong
    We tell ourselves so many many lies

Name that tune Byrnzie. It took a long time before us Americans rocked as good as you Brits.

Shit man, you've got me there! Let me hazard a guess...Black Sabbath???
    By the way, a Jewish family called Byrne? That's weird. Byrne is an Irish name.
    I've got to go to bed - work tomorrow morning and all that. We'll chat tomorrow Nakedeye66! Peace!
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Shit man, you've got me there! Let me hazard a guess...Black Sabbath???

Pete wrote it, Roger sang it. "Naked Eye" by the Who. I believe it was a Whos Next outtake (criminal) but appeared on Odds and Sods in 1974.

Listen to it ... then listen to Present Tense. It'll all make sense to you then. Oops, better stick to politics.

Suck my balls you appeaser!! Now get yourself some rest before I taunt you a second time.
  • Options
    Nakedeye66 wrote:
    Byrnzie, I wouldn't want to muddy up any of your BBC-fed "history". They are proud Jew-haters and I wouldn't want to "muddy up" your sentiments. As an American, I see the Brits as great allies. But I sure wouldn't expect a Jew should trust anyone in Europe, even the Brits. Europe, if nothing else, is consistent in its 1700 years of Jew baiting. The reason Israelis listen to the US only is because the US is the only nation in the history of the world without antisemitism as part of its national character. In the US, you get voices on both sides. In Europe ... well, you solved your "Jewish problem".

Jews have been pretty stupid historically. It took them about 30 centuries to figure out that Europe will never care about their right to exist, and could care less if they ceased to exist (and can be quite gleeful about that prospect). But then comes a new nation where Jewish immigrants met some hostility, but basically the same animus that greeted every other immigrant group. In a bizarre new historical development, Jews got treated pretty much the same as everywhere else.

In America, people of all ethnicities share a common asset. All of theirancestors were the ones to get the f*&^ out of Europe! This nation isn't reflexively anti-Jew. Certain administrations are more Arabist (i.e Bush 41, Eisenhower) ... others have more affinity for Israel. But in Europe ... no such mixture. Jew-baiting is probably the ONLY thing which truly unites the Continent. And in modern times, it sort of makes sense. Modern Europe has no Jews, and their Arab populations are quite large. So it makes sense to preach to the choir. I love the BBC for Python reruns, but when it comes to news, I can predict the script every time. The BBC is a joke ... yet it isn't a very funny one.

Unless and until a bold leader gives them reason to the contrary, Israel will never trust Europe (or even Great Britain) until it shows true "balance". So preach to your BBC choir ... I'd expect nothing less than the party line you recite. I can watch the BBC too. Pretty predictable stuff.

Dunno what BBC you've been watching but from where I'm sitting there has been no anti-jew reports lately. In fact this morning, I skipped through about 10 different news channels to try and find a channel that's idea of 'middle east war coverage' is not informing me of how many british people are still out there and how many are safe in Cyprus. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are okay, but I wanted updates on what has been happening, death tolls that sort of thing. I actually heard an eye witness who was reporting via telephone on GMTV this morning being interrupped when she tried to mention something about a play park full of kids and bombs, she was swiftly moved on to talk about something else. I feel that lately, (the last few years) British news in general has been very pro-Israel, with every incident that has happened in the Middle East being everybody else's fault.
  • Options
    Actually I'd like to see ANY station report on things OTHER than that. We've got a major tragedy by tsunami, a major tragedy in India, yet one would think from watching any station that nothing else matters beyond the Israel-Lebanon border.

Congratulations to Iran. They accomplished exactly what they set out to do.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Nakedeye66 wrote:
    Actually I'd like to see ANY station report on things OTHER than that. We've got a major tragedy by tsunami, a major tragedy in India, yet one would think from watching any station that nothing else matters beyond the Israel-Lebanon border.

Congratulations to Iran. They accomplished exactly what they set out to do.

That's not true, CBC and Al-Jazeera have been reporting on those issues aswell.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    Ahnimus wrote:
    That's not true, CBC and Al-Jazeera have been reporting on those issues aswell.

Yeah really the CBC has be doing a through job of covering these events, especially the India bombings......I guess the media in the US has war to feed for dinner only....
  • Options
    Nakedeye66 wrote:
    Pete wrote it, Roger sang it. "Naked Eye" by the Who. I believe it was a Whos Next outtake (criminal) but appeared on Odds and Sods in 1974.

Listen to it ... then listen to Present Tense. It'll all make sense to you then. Oops, better stick to politics.

Suck my balls you appeaser!! Now get yourself some rest before I taunt you a second time.

The Who? Damn! I should have gotten that. I'll blame it on too many late nights ranting and flatulating on this message board. No! Fuck it! I'll blame it on you Nakedeye66! It's your fault you...you....you...blighter! ;)
    (I'll laugh my arse off if the mods slap my wrists for that! :D)