Israel doesn't need the world's approval to defend itself..

fando y lisfando y lis Posts: 32
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/739446.html
The U.N. is so corrupt, worthless, and anti-semetic, elite leftist nations like France don't give a whit about Israel, and the arab nations want the Jews to be wiped off the map, Chavez hates Israel, leftist kooks don't like the people of Israel or its government...

I'm glad Israel is going to fight to the end to save its people.
It doesn't need to tolerate Hezbollah's or Iran's or ANYONE'S ***SHIT***!
"It's not that liberals know nothing. It's that what they do know isn't so."
Ronaldus Magnus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    The U.N. is so corrupt, worthless, and anti-semetic, elite leftist nations like France don't give a whit about Israel, and the arab nations want the Jews to be wiped off the map, Chavez hates Israel, leftist kooks don't like the people of Israel or its government...

And the men in white coats burst through the door and throw a net over fando y lis and drag him back to the asylum from which he escaped! :eek:
  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    right on....!!!

I say they should attack every bordering country...just 'cause they can...

bomb 'em....every man, women, and child who doesn't agree with Isreal should be killed and a master Isreali race should be formed....that sounds good, don't it, fabo...
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066

Where was the defense of the Jews from Israel back when Hitler was having his way. Oh that is right there was no such country. No wonder people are pissed off to be pushed from prime ocean front real estate to squallers. Damn they learned well from the Nazis. IDF - Imaginary Deutch Federation
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    even flow? wrote:
    Where was the defense of the Jews from Israel back when Hitler was having his way. Oh that is right there was no such country. No wonder people are pissed off to be pushed from prime ocean front real estate to squallers. Damn they learned well from the Nazis. IDF - Imaginary Deutch Federation

now your talking...master race time, baby...!!!
  • FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    So any nation that feels threatened or is under some sort of slightly justified manner, it can just began invading and killing others? Wouldn't that mean it'd be ok for Iran or Syria to attack the US or Israel cause they feel threatened? Or How bout North Korea? It would be logical to have the same legitimacy for everyone compared to picking and choosing who and who can't be justified in their actions. If you're worried about nations harboring terrorists and feel that nation should be reprimanded for it, maybe we should start in the US and talk about extraditions?

People seem to forget how many innocent people are stuck in the middle of this conflict and being hurt or killed. Does that not matter? Would you say the same if you or your loved ones were in that position? I highly doubt it.

CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    too much killing in the world goin on - not enough talkin

sure, all round to my house for a wee whiskey

:-)
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    FiveB247x wrote:
    People seem to forget how many innocent people are stuck in the middle of this conflict and being hurt or killed. Does that not matter? Would you say the same if you or your loved ones were in that position? I highly doubt it.

True. Read the latest...

BBC Monday, 17 July 2006, 19:42 GMT 20:42 UK
    Israel vows no let-up on Lebanon

Civilian casualties are mounting on both sides of the border
    Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert says the attacks on Lebanon will be kept up until two captured soldiers are freed.
    He also insisted Hezbollah guerrillas had to be disarmed and the Lebanese army had to control southern Lebanon.

"We are not looking for war or direct conflict, but if necessary we will not be frightened by it," he said.

Up to 200 Lebanese people have died in six days of Israeli bombardment. Hezbollah has fired hundreds of rockets into Israel, killing about 12 people.

The latest Hezbollah rocket attack injured four people in the city of Haifa, where eight people died on Sunday.

In Israeli strikes on Monday, at least 10 Lebanese people died when their vehicles were hit on a bridge in the south of the country, reports said.

At least 17 people died elsewhere, as Israeli air strikes targeted the northern city of Tripoli, the nearby port of Abdeh and the capital, Beirut.

The bodies of nine people, including six children, were reportedly found in the rubble of a building in Tyre hit by Israeli missiles on Sunday. One report said they had been trying to shelter in the basement.

Israeli ground forces also entered southern Lebanon, but Israeli officials said it was not the start of a large-scale invasion.

Israel launched its offensive last Wednesday following the capture of the two soldiers in a cross-border raid by Hezbollah.

At least four people were hurt in a fresh attack on Haifa

As the Israeli attacks continue, Lebanese officials say large numbers of people in the south have abandoned their homes.

A BBC correspondent travelling through the south says the roads are clogged with packed vehicles. Many of the displaced, he says, appear exhausted and bewildered.

UN chief Kofi Annan and UK PM Tony Blair have called for an international force to be sent to Lebanon.

The force could "stop the bombardment coming over into Israel and therefore gives Israel a reason to stop its attacks on Hezbollah", Mr Blair said.

Mr Annan suggested a "package of actions, not exhortations" that would require parties to release prisoners, stop both rocket attacks into Israel and retaliatory action and "pursue this idea of a stabilisation force".

Israeli spokeswoman Miri Eisin told the BBC it was too early to consider a new force.

In other developments:

Lebanese TV showed footage of what it said was an Israeli F-16 fighter aircraft falling from the sky over Beirut in flames, but Israel said none of its aircraft had been shot down, and said it was a missile

The evacuation of foreigners continued, with a cruise ship chartered by France picking up hundreds of people from Beirut

French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin arrived in Beirut as an expression of solidarity with the Lebanese people

The US said Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice would be travelling to the region, although a date was not set

UN special envoy Vijay Nambiar spoke of "promising" first steps after ceasefire talks in Beirut, but said much work remained to be done; he meets Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni on Tuesday

Israeli forces have also kept up their offensive in the Gaza Strip - which began after an Israeli soldier was seized by Palestinian militants last month.
    I don't think you'd hear anyone truly denouncing Israel's actions if it were just Hezbollah fighters they were hurting or killing. But when you kill or hurt innocent people while going after such fighters, that's a completely different story and "just defending herself" is not in the same context whatsoever.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,107
    fando y lis ... circa 1939
    I'm glad Germany is going to fight to the end to save its people.
    It doesn't need to tolerate Jew's or Poland's or ANYONE'S ***SHIT***!
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
    fando y lis ... circa 1939

Known in a previous incarnation as Führer y lis! (Y lis the world not controlled by ze master race?)

Here's a photo of Führer y lis on a trip to the local supermarket to buy some turnips on Monday 17th July 2006:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/Adolf_Hitler_in_Yugoslavia_crop.JPG/200px-Adolf_Hitler_in_Yugoslavia_crop.JPG
  • fando go to your doctor and ask him to prescribe you olanzapine 20mg daily.

as each day passes i'm more inclined to agree with the Iranian prime minister. Israel has been the cause of death and destruction than some of the more evil regimes the US governement likes to sell to us.
    I thought Jews believed in the sanctity of life, more like the sanctity of death in order to preserve its myth.
    If I remember correctly, only about 70% of Israel is Jewish, and of that percent, only 50% is actually very religious. Most are secular and not religious nuts.
    fando go to your doctor and ask him to prescribe you olanzapine 20mg daily.

as each day passes i'm more inclined to agree with the Iranian prime minister. Israel has been the cause of death and destruction than some of the more evil regimes the US governement likes to sell to us.
    I thought Jews believed in the sanctity of life, more like the sanctity of death in order to preserve its myth.
    CONservative governMENt

• know1know1 Posts: 6,762

To me, "defending yourself" does not mean launching a barrage of missiles to take out the airport, roads, bridges,etc. plus killing many, many people just because two people were kidnapped. To me, that is not an appropriate response.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    know1 wrote:
    To me, "defending yourself" does not mean launching a barrage of missiles to take out the airport, roads, bridges,etc. plus killing many, many people just because two people were kidnapped. To me, that is not an appropriate response.

Do you realise who you're trying to reason with here Know1? I wouldn't waste your time and energy mate.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Do you realise who you're trying to reason with here Know1? I wouldn't waste your time and energy mate.

I'm not necessarily trying to reason with anyone. I'm just posting my opinion on the topic.

• Bwalker545Bwalker545 Posts: 162
    know1 wrote:
    To me, that is not an appropriate response.
    Ya they totally should have agreed to trade 2 prisoners to get their 2 back....then just waited for Hezbollah to come take 2 more and traded again...yup thats a good idea...
    You CANNOT negotiate with Hezbollah they are Terrorist... and while Lebanon is not "resposible" for their attacks it is their fault that they are not strong enough to control people within their borders.
    Lets put it this way... we got national guard troops on the borders right? If some crazy group of mexicans came over killed a squad and took a few hostage... and mexico couldnt do anything to stop them... not only that but the government is scared shitless of this group. This group has control of the mexican airports and is likely to try and fly these kidnapped soldiers out to Cuba... What to do? Be nice and diplomatic? FUCK THAT! Next step... imagine this group starts firing missles into Texas and what not...and still the mexican goverment can do nothing! Oh lets have a cup of tea and talk this over...FUCK no. I mean for christ sake I am no war monger, far from it. Its shitty that war is an inevitable part of the world, but it is...and we are not stopping it anytime soon. I only pray that this erupted early enough that other powers dont get drawn in.
    Im scared shit-less that this could easily escalate into a MAJOR conflict...wouldnt take much, Syria has already said they are gonna help. So whats next? Chemical warheads hit Tel Aviv? I can barely imagine what next... but if the war begins now (it is inevitable this region of the world will not "get along" ever) it is better now then later... The more time that passes the more advanced the weapons available to all sides becomes (10 years for nukes in Iran? doubtful, maybe 5)... Israel is arleady posed to kick some ass... more so than I think any of their enemies are truely aware of.
    "Almost unconsciously he traced with his finger in the dust on the table: 2+2=5" 1984
  • Nakedeye66Nakedeye66 Posts: 94
    even flow? wrote:

Even Flow, it seems you are from the "history didn't begin until 1967" camp, so a little lesson may be in order from one who was actually alive at that time.

First, the Israel=Nazis analogy would be laughable if it weren't so sad (and bigoted). The REAL Nazis (circa 1933-1945) actually had REAL allies in the Middle East. The grand mufti of Jerusalem was formally allied with Hitler, and they shared a common goal - to rid the earth of Jews. That Grand Mufti is what they today call "Palestinian", but that term wasn't invented until 1967. And the reason that they could share the goal of ridding the Middle East of Jews was that (gasp!), there actually were Jews in that part of the world long before the modern State of Israel in 1948. Of course that isn't PC to say to folks who believe the Jews "took Palestinian land". After the armistice in 1949, Jews who lived all over the Arab world were murdered or driven from their homes to the one place of relative safety - Israel ... and yes, that included the many Jews living in the "territories", who were driven (or killed) from the West Bank that came under Jordanian control, and Gaza which came under Egyptian control. But nobody ever speaks of Jewish refugees because to those of you who think you are so "progressive", it is perfectly acceptable for 27 Arab nations to have "cleansed" themselves of Jews, while you conveniently ignore that Israel is 20% Arab, and they actually srve in the parliament. From 1949-1967, the only "occupation" was by Jordan and Egypt. But curiously Jordan and Egypt refused to grant citizenship to the indiginous Arab population. Why? Because then they would have been assimilated Jordanian or Egyptian citizens ... God forbid that should have happened because then the propaganda anvil of 5th generation "refugees" couldn't be held over the head of Israel. You know, the "oppressor", the "Nazis". Just like the real Nazis, the real Arabs shared a goal of Judenrein land ... and accomplished it! And yet you gullibly buy into the myth of the Israeli "Goliath" when Israel is the size of a pubic hair on a bedsheet when compared to the 27 nation Arab Middle East. Do you shed a tear for the Jews who were killed or driven from those lands??

So the real Nazis had real allies in the Middle East, and the Grand (Palestinian) Mufti topped the list. What else did the real Nazis do in the Middle East. Well, the real Nazis sent down envoys of sorts into Syria and Iraq. And, in conjunction with the locals, the Nazis created local Nazi parties under the Baath name. Thats right, the Baathists of Saddam and Assad were a Nazi joint venture.

So for all your IDF=Nazi bluster, you might be compelled to look at who was allied with the ACTUAL Nazis, and the "Judenrein" philosophy they both believed and executed jointly.

So let's look at 1967 when the alleged "occupation" began. Funny thing is, Arafat's PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization) was formed in 1964. Odd that they supposedly sought to liberate only "occupied territories" as we know them today BEFORE those territories were actually "occupied". Just what do you think the "victmized" Palestinians were looking to "liberate". Pretty simple actually, since the goal has remained unchanged since the 19th century - no Jews from the river (Jordan) to the sea (Mediterranean). Sounds like a rather authentic Nazi philsophy to me. But I forgot, in a world where history begins in '67 and is propagandized, the Jews are the "new Nazis". Forgive me for understanding a little actual history.

And your beloved UN, the bastion of all peace loving and tolerant people. Or shall we say "apartheid UN". Funny how Israel is accused of apartheid (i.e former South Africa), but the "tolerant" UN has rules which prohibit only one country from sitting on committees - Israel, of course. One set of rules for all the nations of the world ... another for Israel. Sounds like REAL apartheid to me, and not the baseless slur against tiny Israel.

And for this theory that Israel was somehow implanted amongst long-established Arab nations. Get real?

The Middle East as we know it today is largely a creation of the British and French divvying up their spoils of war when the Ottoman Empire fell in WWI. For about 600 years, the Middle East was ruled by the Turks. With the exception of Egypt and Persia (Iran), NONE of these nations existed prior to WWI, and many came about in the 1950s (AFTER Israel). They are all British and French creations. Unnatural nations created by the REAL colonialists. A colonial power has a home nation and yet seeks to expand over the globe to other nations. Zionism is the belief that the Jews, LIKE EVERY OTHER PEOPLE on the globe, should simply have a home. A far cry from true colonialism.

... which raises the next question, what is "Palestine" and why aren't the people there entitled to the same thing? Fair enough. When the Ottomans fell, the Brits took control over a portion of land known as the Palestine Mandate. The name "Palestine" came from the second century Romans after sacking biblical Israel and scattering the Jews. It was controlled by various entities over the next two millenia, but at know time by those who now call themselves "Palestinian". So after WWI, the British Mandate of Palestine encompassed all of what is now Israel, Gaza, West Bank, AND JORDAN. Around 1919, they decided to partition it into an Arab state ... and a Jewish state, divided at the Jordan River. East of the Jordan, a Palestinian state was created and given to the control of the Hashemite monarchy (the Husseins that have ruled, and do rule Jordan). To the west of the Jordan River (hence the name "West Bank"), it was to be a Jewish state. The Jewish state was proposed to encompass all of Israel and the "territories".

Jordan ... is close to 70% PALESTINIAN.

Well, Europe became decidedly more anti-Jewish as the 1920s and 1930s moved along. By the end of WWII, the UN proposed to partition the Jewish side a SECOND TIME. The Arabs rejected it, and Egypt, Iraq, Syria, and Jordan all attacked. When an armistice was reached in '49, Jordan took control of the West Bank and Egypt took Gaza, dutifully making sure the Arabs there remained "refugees".

I'm sure this is way too literate and confusing for you. After all it's so much easier to goosestep along with the anti-Israel left and shout slogans like Israel=Nazis. So I hate to trouble you with historical detail. After all, your leaders don't want you to think independently. They just want you to repeat their slogans and spew their venom.

But at a minimum, call it what it is. The disingenuous comparison of Israel to Nazis is a really weak cover for your unbashed Jew-hatred. so come out and be proud of your TRUE Nazi philosophy, which is shared by the Aryan Nations, Fatah, Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian mullahs, Al Qaeda, the UN, Chomsky, Zinn, and the erudite folks at LeMonde and who sip cocktails at the American Colony hotel in Jerusalem lamenting those "Israeli brutes". Be proud of your intolerance and Judenrein values ... don't project it upon a people who merely seek to defend their home which is smaller than New Jersey (and, frankly, a home NOBODY WANTED until Jews came there in large numbers. For centuries it was amongst the most neglected and barren land on the planet).

Be proud of your bigotry Evenflow?. You are free to hate who you like ... but don't pretend you are "tolerant" and just out to sympathize with those who cry "victim". That charade is up.

We all want peace. Sure would be nice. But if you really think Israelis should talk talk talk and get empty promises from those hell-bent on their death and destruction, then your true colors do show.
    Magus wrote:
    Ya they totally should have agreed to trade 2 prisoners to get their 2 back....then just waited for Hezbollah to come take 2 more and traded again...yup thats a good idea...
    You CANNOT negotiate with Hezbollah they are Terrorist... and while Lebanon is not "resposible" for their attacks it is their fault that they are not strong enough to control people within their borders.
    Lets put it this way... we got national guard troops on the borders right? If some crazy group of mexicans came over killed a squad and took a few hostage... and mexico couldnt do anything to stop them... not only that but the government is scared shitless of this group. This group has control of the mexican airports and is likely to try and fly these kidnapped soldiers out to Cuba... What to do? Be nice and diplomatic? FUCK THAT! Next step... imagine this group starts firing missles into Texas and what not...and still the mexican goverment can do nothing! Oh lets have a cup of tea and talk this over...FUCK no. I mean for christ sake I am no war monger, far from it. Its shitty that war is an inevitable part of the world, but it is...and we are not stopping it anytime soon. I only pray that this erupted early enough that other powers dont get drawn in.
    Im scared shit-less that this could easily escalate into a MAJOR conflict...wouldnt take much, Syria has already said they are gonna help. So whats next? Chemical warheads hit Tel Aviv? I can barely imagine what next... but if the war begins now (it is inevitable this region of the world will not "get along" ever) it is better now then later... The more time that passes the more advanced the weapons available to all sides becomes (10 years for nukes in Iran? doubtful, maybe 5)... Israel is arleady posed to kick some ass... more so than I think any of their enemies are truely aware of.

I think killing is wrong. Period.

Bravo Naked Eye Bravo... you just said so much that needed to be said
    While I am a "youngster" (21) I am also a history major... and people that dont even consider history in events like this make me sick. Hell you didnt even take it back far enough... this conflict is as old as time itself... sorry folks...230 years of US history is but a drop in the Olympic sized swimming pool!
    I think killing is wrong. Period.
    Too bad the people were fighting dont agree with us... but if you would like I bet we can all pitch in and buy you a ticket to go try and talk it out with them... Im sure thats all you have to tell them and they will give up this "silly little war"
    "Almost unconsciously he traced with his finger in the dust on the table: 2+2=5" 1984
    Magus wrote:
    Too bad the people were fighting dont agree with us... but if you would like I bet we can all pitch in and buy you a ticket to go try and talk it out with them... Im sure thats all you have to tell them and they will give up this "silly little war"

I don't care if the people we're fighting (and I'm not sure what that has to do with Israel and Hezbollah) don't agree with me.

Killing is wrong. I won't do it. I don't care if they kill me as I'd rather die for my beliefs than violate them and live.

Right on fando y lis. If rockets were lobbed into Paris and schoolchildren blown up ... would they need our permission? When the Chechens terroize Russia, did they seek our permission to act? If the Turks started bombing Greece and came into to grab a few hostages, would Greece claim retaliation was "pointless" and extreme.

One set of rules for the world ... another set of rules for Israel. Same old, same old.

Hey, people are entitled to hate Israel, or hate anything they like, but don't insult the rest of us and say it is in the name of "tolerance" or "peace". There are more Nazi-era slogans at UN conferences, "peace rallies", and among the supposed "progressives" than you'll ever see amongst conservatives or the Christian right.

I'm neither liberal nor conservative. But once upon a time I was a true-believing liberal. Despite their flaws, the virtue of tolerance kept me on their side. But for plain unadulterated antisemitism, your best bet for a good show is to follow Cindy Sheehans traveling circus. If you go see Falwell's circus, you'll come home disppointed. For the real rabid antisemites, go to the halls of the UN or a college campus.
    Way to overgeneralize the entire left, right and state of world politics... the world isn't a black and white place... so generalizing in such a manner seems rather silly.
    Nakedeye66 wrote:
    Right on fando y lis. If rockets were lobbed into Paris and schoolchildren blown up ... would they need our permission? When the Chechens terroize Russia, did they seek our permission to act? If the Turks started bombing Greece and came into to grab a few hostages, would Greece claim retaliation was "pointless" and extreme.

One set of rules for the world ... another set of rules for Israel. Same old, same old.

Hey, people are entitled to hate Israel, or hate anything they like, but don't insult the rest of us and say it is in the name of "tolerance" or "peace". There are more Nazi-era slogans at UN conferences, "peace rallies", and among the supposed "progressives" than you'll ever see amongst conservatives or the Christian right.

I'm neither liberal nor conservative. But once upon a time I was a true-believing liberal. Despite their flaws, the virtue of tolerance kept me on their side. But for plain unadulterated antisemitism, your best bet for a good show is to follow Cindy Sheehans traveling circus. If you go see Falwell's circus, you'll come home disppointed. For the real rabid antisemites, go to the halls of the UN or a college campus.
    CONservative governMENt

Magus wrote:
    Bravo Naked Eye Bravo... you just said so much that needed to be said
    While I am a "youngster" (21) I am also a history major... and people that dont even consider history in events like this make me sick. Hell you didnt even take it back far enough... this conflict is as old as time itself... sorry folks...230 years of US history is but a drop in the Olympic sized swimming pool!

Agreed Magus. But my rambling is long enough simply addressing some tidbits of history since 1919. And as for US history being similarly a drop in the bucket, how true. But again, I'm too verbose as it is.

I'll simplify it. Don't listen to me ... don't listen to politicians ... don't listen to media. If there's one thing I KNOW about the people here is that WE ALL HAVE GOOD MUSIC TASTE. So listen to Bobby Dylan. In 1983, just as events in southern Lebanon had raged similar to today, Dylan wrote a song called "Neighborhood Bully". In its wonderful sarcasm, Dylan (as only he can) takes on the assinine assumption of Israel as "bully". Great tune ... listen to it. It rings as true today as ever. Just goes to show how little things have changed.

Don't listen to me ... listen to BOB. I know he'll carry more weight with great music fans than I do. And, politics aside ... I know you are all great music fans!
    Nvm
  • Nakedeye66 wrote:
    Even Flow, it seems you are from the "history didn't begin until 1967" camp, so a little lesson may be in order from one who was actually alive at that time.

First, the Israel=Nazis analogy would be laughable if it weren't so sad (and bigoted). The REAL Nazis (circa 1933-1945) actually had REAL allies in the Middle East. The grand mufti of Jerusalem was formally allied with Hitler, and they shared a common goal - to rid the earth of Jews. That Grand Mufti is what they today call "Palestinian", but that term wasn't invented until 1967. And the reason that they could share the goal of ridding the Middle East of Jews was that (gasp!), there actually were Jews in that part of the world long before the modern State of Israel in 1948. Of course that isn't PC to say to folks who believe the Jews "took Palestinian land". After the armistice in 1949, Jews who lived all over the Arab world were murdered or driven from their homes to the one place of relative safety - Israel ... and yes, that included the many Jews living in the "territories", who were driven (or killed) from the West Bank that came under Jordanian control, and Gaza which came under Egyptian control. But nobody ever speaks of Jewish refugees because to those of you who think you are so "progressive", it is perfectly acceptable for 27 Arab nations to have "cleansed" themselves of Jews, while you conveniently ignore that Israel is 20% Arab, and they actually srve in the parliament. From 1949-1967, the only "occupation" was by Jordan and Egypt. But curiously Jordan and Egypt refused to grant citizenship to the indiginous Arab population. Why? Because then they would have been assimilated Jordanian or Egyptian citizens ... God forbid that should have happened because then the propaganda anvil of 5th generation "refugees" couldn't be held over the head of Israel. You know, the "oppressor", the "Nazis". Just like the real Nazis, the real Arabs shared a goal of Judenrein land ... and accomplished it! And yet you gullibly buy into the myth of the Israeli "Goliath" when Israel is the size of a pubic hair on a bedsheet when compared to the 27 nation Arab Middle East. Do you shed a tear for the Jews who were killed or driven from those lands??

So the real Nazis had real allies in the Middle East, and the Grand (Palestinian) Mufti topped the list. What else did the real Nazis do in the Middle East. Well, the real Nazis sent down envoys of sorts into Syria and Iraq. And, in conjunction with the locals, the Nazis created local Nazi parties under the Baath name. Thats right, the Baathists of Saddam and Assad were a Nazi joint venture.

So for all your IDF=Nazi bluster, you might be compelled to look at who was allied with the ACTUAL Nazis, and the "Judenrein" philosophy they both believed and executed jointly.

So let's look at 1967 when the alleged "occupation" began. Funny thing is, Arafat's PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization) was formed in 1964. Odd that they supposedly sought to liberate only "occupied territories" as we know them today BEFORE those territories were actually "occupied". Just what do you think the "victmized" Palestinians were looking to "liberate". Pretty simple actually, since the goal has remained unchanged since the 19th century - no Jews from the river (Jordan) to the sea (Mediterranean). Sounds like a rather authentic Nazi philsophy to me. But I forgot, in a world where history begins in '67 and is propagandized, the Jews are the "new Nazis". Forgive me for understanding a little actual history.

And your beloved UN, the bastion of all peace loving and tolerant people. Or shall we say "apartheid UN". Funny how Israel is accused of apartheid (i.e former South Africa), but the "tolerant" UN has rules which prohibit only one country from sitting on committees - Israel, of course. One set of rules for all the nations of the world ... another for Israel. Sounds like REAL apartheid to me, and not the baseless slur against tiny Israel.

And for this theory that Israel was somehow implanted amongst long-established Arab nations. Get real?

The Middle East as we know it today is largely a creation of the British and French divvying up their spoils of war when the Ottoman Empire fell in WWI. For about 600 years, the Middle East was ruled by the Turks. With the exception of Egypt and Persia (Iran), NONE of these nations existed prior to WWI, and many came about in the 1950s (AFTER Israel). They are all British and French creations. Unnatural nations created by the REAL colonialists. A colonial power has a home nation and yet seeks to expand over the globe to other nations. Zionism is the belief that the Jews, LIKE EVERY OTHER PEOPLE on the globe, should simply have a home. A far cry from true colonialism.

... which raises the next question, what is "Palestine" and why aren't the people there entitled to the same thing? Fair enough. When the Ottomans fell, the Brits took control over a portion of land known as the Palestine Mandate. The name "Palestine" came from the second century Romans after sacking biblical Israel and scattering the Jews. It was controlled by various entities over the next two millenia, but at know time by those who now call themselves "Palestinian". So after WWI, the British Mandate of Palestine encompassed all of what is now Israel, Gaza, West Bank, AND JORDAN. Around 1919, they decided to partition it into an Arab state ... and a Jewish state, divided at the Jordan River. East of the Jordan, a Palestinian state was created and given to the control of the Hashemite monarchy (the Husseins that have ruled, and do rule Jordan). To the west of the Jordan River (hence the name "West Bank"), it was to be a Jewish state. The Jewish state was proposed to encompass all of Israel and the "territories".

Well, Europe became decidedly more anti-Jewish as the 1920s and 1930s moved along. By the end of WWII, the UN proposed to partition the Jewish side a SECOND TIME. The Arabs rejected it, and Egypt, Iraq, Syria, and Jordan all attacked. When an armistice was reached in '49, Jordan took control of the West Bank and Egypt took Gaza, dutifully making sure the Arabs there remained "refugees".

I'm sure this is way too literate and confusing for you. After all it's so much easier to goosestep along with the anti-Israel left and shout slogans like Israel=Nazis. So I hate to trouble you with historical detail. After all, your leaders don't want you to think independently. They just want you to repeat their slogans and spew their venom.

But at a minimum, call it what it is. The disingenuous comparison of Israel to Nazis is a really weak cover for your unbashed Jew-hatred. so come out and be proud of your TRUE Nazi philosophy, which is shared by the Aryan Nations, Fatah, Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian mullahs, Al Qaeda, the UN, Chomsky, Zinn, and the erudite folks at LeMonde and who sip cocktails at the American Colony hotel in Jerusalem lamenting those "Israeli brutes". Be proud of your intolerance and Judenrein values ... don't project it upon a people who merely seek to defend their home which is smaller than New Jersey (and, frankly, a home NOBODY WANTED until Jews came there in large numbers. For centuries it was amongst the most neglected and barren land on the planet).

Be proud of your bigotry Evenflow?. You are free to hate who you like ... but don't pretend you are "tolerant" and just out to sympathize with those who cry "victim". That charade is up.

We all want peace. Sure would be nice. But if you really think Israelis should talk talk talk and get empty promises from those hell-bent on their death and destruction, then your true colors do show.

You continue to lie about history. I am a palestinian american borned and raised in new york. My parents are both born and raised in jerusalem. My father was 8 when israel was created. He remembers the murdering zionist gangs running through villages and killing many. Who invented terrorism it was the zionist gangs of the 50's that bombed london hotels.

My parents who were BORN AND RAISED THERE, ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LIVE THERE, why in god's name is that? My father didn't fight along anyone, he was just chased out of his home and returned to find it occupied my JEWS. I was just there and it's a racist state. Jews are allowed to be citizens regardless there ethnic origin while I go to a land where my ancestors go back thousands of years(we are the descendents of the philistines, in arabic we don't have a "P", its pronounced "f") so yes im from philistine. Jews have private roads, different license plates, allowed to carry weapons, while palestinians are subjected to ISRAELI TERROR are a daily basis. The Israeli's control the westbank have checkpoints at every village, have built a wall that goes OUTSIDE OF ISRAEL, which SWALLOWED 40% of PALESTINIAN LAND! Palestinians have no army, no control of the water, no control of the borders, 40% unemployment rate. Israel doesnt want peace guys dont be fooled. They have not yet made peace with any arab nation in the last 50 years. The only ones have have peace with Egypt, Jordan are corrupt governments.

WHY DONT YOU TALK ABOUT THE JEWS THAT FUNDED HITLER????? oh is that a story you dont want to talk about. Jews continue to manipulate history.

"You are free to hate who you like ... but don't pretend you are "tolerant" and just out to sympathize with those who cry "victim". That charade is up. "

Hehe...you've been crying victim for the last 2000 years. Why is it if someone dares question the holocaust in europe they can actually go to JAIL!

When have you seen a decent portrayal of an arab in any media outlet. We are the same people who bought algebra, astronomy, medical science to the world. Yet the jewish controlled media continues to portray us as animals.

ISRAEL GETS 10 MILLION DOLLARS DAY = 4 billion a year from us for only 6 million people. With that money they continue to oppress the palestinians, If we can get our government to give equally or drop the funding then the Israeli/Palestinian issue would be a different ball game. Spread the word.

FREE PALESTINE!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE PEARL JAM!
    Nakedeye66 wrote:

Sounds to me like you've reconstructed history to fit your justification for Israels continuing breaches of international law. Anybody can go back in history and construct things to suit theirpresent day needs. remember the Nazis digging up the past to justify and support their claims of Aryan supremacy. The fact is, Israel was formed in 1948. In 1967 the Israeli military seized control of the Gaza Strip, the Sinai Peninsula, the West Bank, and the Golan Heights. The results of this action are what we are dealing with today. Why try to muddy the water by dragging up all of the above, and by claiming among other things "The Jewish state was proposed to encompass all of Israel and the "territories"? And "...Europe became decidedly more anti-Jewish as the 1920s and 1930s moved along. By the end of WWII, the UN proposed to partition the Jewish side a SECOND TIME. The Arabs rejected it, and Egypt, Iraq, Syria, and Jordan all attacked." This strikes me as a very confused and skewered version of history. We are not living in the past. This is the present. And Israel is currently acting as a pariah in the world. Once Israel withdraws from the illegally occupied territories then it can begin to speak of right and wrong, and of terrorism. As long as the government and military continue terrorising their neighbours then they will have no credibility.
    I think it says a lot about you that you agree with Fando y lis. You both come from the same lunatic fringe. You say that anyone who criticizes the Israeli government is anti-semitic? And Chomsky is anti semitic? Funny that he's Jewish. What a joke. So is this Rabbi also anti semitic seeing as he criticises the Israeli government....

http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=107&ItemID=10585
    FiveB247x wrote:
    Way to overgeneralize the entire left, right and state of world politics... the world isn't a black and white place... so generalizing in such a manner seems rather silly.

I have to agree with you a bit that there are some generalizations here, but I'd rather take up 4 pages of rambling by talking about PJ shows!

But as far as overgeneralizing, you'll find I'm less prone to it than most. I'm neither right nor left, and frankly can't stand labels. And I promise that you couldn't guess my 20+ year voting history, political involvement, campaigns and groups I've been associated with, or my constitutional views.

But enough said, I'm going back to where I can discuss why I think the Las Vegas show is colossally underrated, and why Tim Robbins may have been great with a guitar in Bob Roberts but no more.

I was just curious to check out the politics board since I knew the Jew-haters would be having a field day. I was actually pleasantly surprised to find that a few folks actually defended the tiny embattled democracy and don't necessarily get spoon-fed their "history" from Noam Chomsky or Middle Eastern studies professors.

There is hope for the young after all!!

And as long as you truly are tolerant people, I have no ill will towards fellow PJ fans.
  • Minus the personal attacks, this would be a great post:
    Nakedeye66 wrote:

We all want peace. Sure would be nice.

For some additional information, people would be wise to read these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Mandate_of_Palestine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Revolt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Uprising

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irgun
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Nakedeye66 wrote:
    I have to agree with you a bit that there are some generalizations here, but I'd rather take up 4 pages of rambling by talking about PJ shows!

But as far as overgeneralizing, you'll find I'm less prone to it than most. I'm neither right nor left, and frankly can't stand labels. And I promise that you couldn't guess my 20+ year voting history, political involvement, campaigns and groups I've been associated with, or my constitutional views.

But enough said, I'm going back to where I can discuss why I think the Las Vegas show is colossally underrated, and why Tim Robbins may have been great with a guitar in Bob Roberts but no more.

I was just curious to check out the politics board since I knew the Jew-haters would be having a field day. I was actually pleasantly surprised to find that a few folks actually defended the tiny embattled democracy and don't necessarily get spoon-fed their "history" from Noam Chomsky or Middle Eastern studies professors.

There is hope for the young after all!!

And as long as you truly are tolerant people, I have no ill will towards fellow PJ fans.

How does disagreeing with the Israeli government make you a Jew hater? I have always wondered why people who disagree with Israeli (government) policy are automatically labeled anti-semetic. It seems like an easy cop-out to me for people who really can't hold their end of a debate.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
    In refrence to Palestinian's post...
    Are you forgetting who started the 1948 war?
    On November 29, 1947, the United Nations General Assembly approved a plan, UN General Assembly Resolution 181, to resolve the Arab-Jewish conflict by partitioning the British Mandate of Palestine into two states, one Jewish and one Arab. Each state would comprise three major sections, linked by extraterritorial crossroads; the Arab state would also have an enclave at Jaffa. In consideration of their religious significance, the Jerusalem area and Bethlehem were assigned to an international zone to be administered by the UN. Although both Jews and Arabs criticized aspects of the plan, the resolution was welcomed by most of the Jewish population, including the Jewish Agency, but was considered unacceptable by the Arab population in Palestine and by the surrounding Arab states.

Shame the Arabs couldnt share... I know you are gonna scream "Why should we share" and all I can say is... Why should the Jews share now, if thats your opinion?
    And as for reading Wikipedia for "More info" try reading something that cant be edited by whoever wants to edit it... most of it is good...but not all of it.