Options

Tim Hardaway on Gays

13»

Comments

• Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Oh... he's gay. He HAS to be. Even gay guys wouldn't put up with that shit... that's how gay he is.

Ha! Nice. :D
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    I played hockey with a guy for a good 10 to 12 years and not once did he talk about women, bring a woman to any game, or even cut too many comments on the cute waitresses at the bars we would go to after the game. But the guy could sure play hockey. We just accepted that if he was gay, it wasn't our business to worry about it at all. Not one of us ever felt so uncomfortable to not shower when the guy was in the stalls. We were all good friends and still are to this day.

Heaven forbid a good player on a team sport being gay and ruining the whole gay thing of male bonding. :)

Yeah, we had the same kind of thing with a goalie that played for us occasionally who was gay. It was very revealing to watch how people acted differently around him in the locker room... some people were truly bothered when he was in there, and wouldn't shower until he was done or whatever... It just made me laugh.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Yeah, we had the same kind of thing with a goalie that played for us occasionally who was gay. It was very revealing to watch how people acted differently around him in the locker room... some people were truly bothered when he was in there, and wouldn't shower until he was done or whatever... It just made me laugh.

Isn't it funny how macho some guys are about their schwang. But get them naked and toss a gay guy into the fray and the machismo seems to disappear faster then a girl saying they have seen bigger on a flea. :)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    chipboychipboy Posts: 137
    ok so if i hear one more stupid person say "its a free country" i think im going to move to canada. anybody who thinks its ok for him to say he hates gays is just as stupid as he is.

and did i see someone compare black and gays to pedophiles and terrorists??

i think i'll leave everyone with a quote from Tim.

"basketball isn't rocket scientistry"

So is it ok to say you hate biggots and stupid people?

While we are on the topic let's also talk about why whenever someone brings up gay rights someone else brings up pedophilia. I think I do it because I think of homosexuality as a sexual deviation and I think that pedophilia is a sexual deviation. I think they are both something that you are either just born with or the result of abuse. Either way you can't control it because with the stigma involved with both why would anyone freely choose it.

Let's say that 10% of America is gay. I don't know where that number comes from but I always always hear it so let's just use it for arguments sake. Gay rights and just a more liberal attitude are making it more out in the open and accepted. Today there are about 400,000 registered sex offenders and the estimates put the percentages at between 1%-5% of the population. So 30 years from now who is to say that there won't be pedophile interest groups out there pushing for different laws. Forget the legality of it for this argument because sodomy was and still may be illegal in some places so it's not that far fetched. So there is the argument why if one is acceptable the other is not far behind.

The only difference is that one involves children and the other involves consenting adults. A major difference today but who knows 30 years from now if the moral climate in America will have degenerated enough for the legal age of consent to dwindle down from 18 to 16 or 15 or who knows what. Let's face it kids today are not nearly as innocent as they were 30 years ago. Thank the internet for exposing them to sex and fashion for sexualizing them.

Someday that 1%-5% is going to follow the gays lead and use the media to change the majorities opnions. Michael Jackson is a freak to us all today but Liberace was once too. It's possible. What if R Kelly starts making popular rap songs about banging 15 year olds and Woody Allen starts making movies about forbidden love and slowly but surely it becomes a little more acceptable? Hollywood and pop culture drive the debate. Bangkok becomes the new San Francisco. Fast forward to Kobe Bryant Jr who when asked about some relativley unknown NBA player's admission to marrying a 16 year old boy goes off and says it sickens him and he refuses to play with that pervert. Oh the horror of such a shallow minded ignorant comment. When will people just accept everyone for who they are?

Do you really think that is so far fetched?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    the fact of the matter is, the remarks he stated cost him &his family money he was probably counting on, he used his tongue instead of his brain what an idiot .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    chipboy wrote:
    So is it ok to say you hate biggots and stupid people?

While we are on the topic let's also talk about why whenever someone brings up gay rights someone else brings up pedophilia. I think I do it because I think of homosexuality as a sexual deviation and I think that pedophilia is a sexual deviation. I think they are both something that you are either just born with or the result of abuse. Either way you can't control it because with the stigma involved with both why would anyone freely choose it.

Let's say that 10% of America is gay. I don't know where that number comes from but I always always hear it so let's just use it for arguments sake. Gay rights and just a more liberal attitude are making it more out in the open and accepted. Today there are about 400,000 registered sex offenders and the estimates put the percentages at between 1%-5% of the population. So 30 years from now who is to say that there won't be pedophile interest groups out there pushing for different laws. Forget the legality of it for this argument because sodomy was and still may be illegal in some places so it's not that far fetched. So there is the argument why if one is acceptable the other is not far behind.

The only difference is that one involves children and the other involves consenting adults. A major difference today but who knows 30 years from now if the moral climate in America will have degenerated enough for the legal age of consent to dwindle down from 18 to 16 or 15 or who knows what. Let's face it kids today are not nearly as innocent as they were 30 years ago. Thank the internet for exposing them to sex and fashion for sexualizing them.

Someday that 1%-5% is going to follow the gays lead and use the media to change the majorities opnions. Michael Jackson is a freak to us all today but Liberace was once too. It's possible. What if R Kelly starts making popular rap songs about banging 15 year olds and Woody Allen starts making movies about forbidden love and slowly but surely it becomes a little more acceptable? Hollywood and pop culture drive the debate. Bangkok becomes the new San Francisco. Fast forward to Kobe Bryant Jr who when asked about some relativley unknown NBA player's admission to marrying a 16 year old boy goes off and says it sickens him and he refuses to play with that pervert. Oh the horror of such a shallow minded ignorant comment. When will people just accept everyone for who they are?

Do you really think that is so far fetched?

Well for one, I don't put homosexuality and pedophilia anywhere near eachother. Homosexuality and heterosexuality are mirror images, basically the same. It is just that one is a minority group which, because of religious or societal perceptions, has come to be looked at as 'abnormal' or 'destructive'. Just because they are part of a minority group does not make it perverse. It hurts noone or nothing anymore than heterosexuality does. People who are homosexual are born homosexual, and vice versa for heterosexuals. You cannot change that, and it is not a CHOICE that they can make. Now, an argument can be made that few people are 100% one way or the other, and there is actually a spectrum of sexuality where everyone falls onto. But, that is a different topic.

Pedophilia on the other hand, can be destructive behavior. It is not between two consenting adults, so any comparisons to the aforementioned can be thrown out the window. It can damage a child forever, and that alone is nowhere near the realm of homosexuality or heterosexuality at its core.

Your point about future acceptance brings other variables into it however, such as suggesting that societal perceptions of age-of-adulthood would change. Of course in that case then, it would not be considered pedophilia, would it? If the age of consent were lowered to 14 or 15, then so to would other facets of life for these individuals, thus making it consensual relations rather than pedophilia, you see?

Also, you voice concern over 'media' and 'entertainment' changing peoples' opinions. First, I think that's horseshit. I and many others have held the opinion that homosexuals are no different than anyone else, and are born that way. What makes you think it is the MAJORITY's opinion that this is unnatural? Have you taken a poll? I would also say that the majority of American's are uneducated, are not exposed to diversity and fear what they don't know. But again, that's another discussion.

I hope that people know the difference between fundamental right and wrong. I don't EVER see media either displaying nor influencing opinion such that the harm of children, pedophilia, or any similar destructive behavior would be acceptable. If media were to open people's eyes to accept the non-destructive and natural behavior of homosexuals, it is no difference than the public enlightenment over the years to accept blacks and other minorities and women into enjoying equal rights and an equal, unbiased place in our society.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    cutback wrote:
    When Magic was voted on to the All-Star team after announcing he had AIDS, wasn't it Hardaway who gave up his spot on the team for him?
    What does this have to do with anything?!?!?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    the fact of the matter is, the remarks he stated cost him &his family money he was probably counting on, he used his tongue instead of his brain what an idiot .....

He's an NBAer. Maybe not his family, but probably the 4 bastard children he's got.