Options

10Cs only good for tickets..few other fan benefits

KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
edited January 2008 in The Porch
...other than a holiday single and sporatic newsletter. Overpriced "hoodies" and other shrinking apparel, huge dollar packages to Europe shows, accomodations, toying with poster sales for those available at the time, (hmmm..kinda handy w/ the captive audience?), tiny numbers of LP releases (someone forget about Ed's Neil Young HOF speech?), very little advance info, etc, etc.

Sorry..it ain't the club it used to be.

Suddenly the t Petty, R Stones fan club seems less intimidating.

Cmon TenClub...is this NOT about the fans anymore? Maybe fans with big $

When the hell am I getiing an interesting rumor pit update...gone I guess. I'll have to settle for that occassional tease in NEWS...oh boy

Slam me now...so what.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kingmidget wrote:

Slam me now...so what.

Get ready for the heat coming your way after that post. lol

It's not easy with this cold weather we are having in the midwest right now. It will be ok my friend.

At the next show at Alpine I'll buy yea a beer. :D
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i only joined the club for the tickets and the christmas single......everything else has been a bonus.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Get ready for the heat coming your way after that post. lol

It's not easy with this cold weather we are having in the midwest right now. It will be ok my friend.

At the next show at Alpine I'll buy yea a beer. :D

yahhh...I know....maybe it is the cold. I'll take you up on that beer and provide a few other goodies myself...;)
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    yahhh...I know....maybe it is the cold. I'll take you up on that beer and provide a few other goodies myself...;)

Should I have a lighter with me? LOL
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    The prestige alone makes it worthwhile :D

Also, I doubt I ever would have known about the Vic without the 10c. And I KNOW I never would have gotten tickets!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    I only joined for the tickets. Of course I joined in 2006 and they haven't been to my area since I joined. I guess I'm throwing my money away since I don't own a turntable...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    you should cancel your membership then. one more person out of my way for good seats then. :p (I'm kidding)
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    it's not like presale opporitunities, contests, bonus versions of releases, fanclub only shows, a relaible website with news and side project info are anything....yeah all they do is a single and tickets...

if you don't like it get the ______out(insert 2-live crew/Eddie Murphy quote there)
  • Options
    I always liked what I think Groucho Marx said: "I'd never want to be part of an organization that would have somebody like me as a member."

Words to live by! :D
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    I haven't received the last 2 xmass singles. Not renewing. If I need tickets i'll get them the conventional way. I agree, the tickets are the main thing. I got some good seats for the 2 shows i've been to.
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I'm tired of people complainin about 10C.
    The prices of what they sell (hoodies, books, t-shirts, etc.) don't seem too high to me. Since I joined about 2 years ago, i've bought every new item they put on sale and I've never been disappointed. Each time, the quality of the item is very good... I don't understand what people are expecting... Hoodies for $10 ? A 300 pages art book for $15 ?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Pearl Jam Hoodie: $55

Ani Difranco / Righteous Babe Hoodie: $35

She's a MUCH smaller enterprise, also. Or at least, I imagine she is. I'm certainly not judging either way, but I thought it would help add some valid information to this discussion :).
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    willtupper wrote:
    Pearl Jam Hoodie: $55

Ani Difranco / Righteous Babe Hoodie: $35

She's a MUCH smaller enterprise, also. Or at least, I imagine she is. I'm certainly not judging either way, but I thought it would help add some valid information to this discussion :).
    the quality is important too and hasn't to be forgotten. I can find a $20 hoodie if you want, but the quality won't be there. I agree though $55 is a bit much.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    2 newsletters + 1 xmas singles + the opportunity to be 10c tickets (even if some time your sites are the same of non-10C-members, but some times not) is good enough for a 25$-International-Memebership !!!

If you want... see it as an investment... go to ebay and take a look to the xmas singles that some guys are selling... more than 25 bucks for sure !!!

So... seems fare to me what they offer!!! As a bonus you could by all the t-shirts (not expensive at all), etc, etc, etc
    -- rafa
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    imalive wrote:
    The prestige alone makes it worthwhile :D
    That and the nifty membership card.
    Anytime you're in a pinch, like about to be cuffed and transported downtown, you just bust that bad boy out and you get off scot free.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    What about opportunities to buy $200 limited edition books that are ONLY available through the fan club . . . unless you go direct to ames . . . hmmm

Well, it got me Vic tix, so no complaints from me.
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    ...other than a holiday single and sporatic newsletter. Overpriced "hoodies" and other shrinking apparel, huge dollar packages to Europe shows, accomodations, toying with poster sales for those available at the time, (hmmm..kinda handy w/ the captive audience?), tiny numbers of LP releases (someone forget about Ed's Neil Young HOF speech?), very little advance info, etc, etc.

When the hell am I getiing an interesting rumor pit update...gone I guess. I'll have to settle for that occassional tease in NEWS...oh boy

Slam me now...so what.

I don't get what other "benefits" you would want. I've never been in the ten club for anything but the tickets. that's what fan clubs are for. and really when it comes to tickets, from what I've heard the ten club can't be beaten. low prices, good seats...the membership fee is pretty damn low to boot.
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    there could be no fan club at all, and that, I think would SUCK.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    I agree 20 bucks doesn't allow for shit. Half the merch. is crap and what not. You're basically paying for a number and a chance

but at least you get a chance at tickets
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Kingmidget wrote:

Slam me now...so what.

try growing up listening to ZEPP,WHO,STONES,we never ever got any news about ,what ,when & where you were ei lucky listening to the radio at the right time or you weren't that meant no tickets to any shows back then ...so even if we get 1% of accurate info from 10c it's still 100% better then any other out there ....imo ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I don't get what other "benefits" you would want. I've never been in the ten club for anything but the tickets. that's what fan clubs are for. and really when it comes to tickets, from what I've heard the ten club can't be beaten. low prices, good seats...the membership fee is pretty damn low to boot.

True, true....

Just seems to me that the 10C has changed ALLOT since back when I first got on baord...seems like we got more info sooner...in fact sometimes we were up to speed faster than the press. This was also a benefit I once enjoyed.

But anyway....10Clubs a good thing...I don't always agree with how they handle some merchandise issues and some other things, but thats their call.

I was just feelin pissy last night.

Better now.

Patricks offer cheered me up...your on dude! I'll even bring the lighter ;)
  • Options
    try growing up listening to ZEPP,WHO,STONES,we never ever got any news about ,what ,when & where you were ei lucky listening to the radio at the right time or you weren't that meant no tickets to any shows back then ...so even if we get 1% of accurate info from 10c it's still 100% better then any other out there ....imo ..

Good point.

These ARE the bands I grew up with..and still listen to...

I'm in that 40 something crowd...
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Kingmidget wrote:
    True, true....

Just seems to me that the 10C has changed ALLOT since back when I first got on baord...seems like we got more info sooner...in fact sometimes we were up to speed faster than the press. This was also a benefit I once enjoyed.

But anyway....10Clubs a good thing...I don't always agree with how they handle some merchandise issues and some other things, but thats their call.

I was just feelin pissy last night.

Better now.

Patricks offer cheered me up...your on dude! I'll even bring the lighter ;)

Oh, so since you were in a pissy mood, the 10C gets the brunt of it?....isn't that what family/friends/significant others are for?

:)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Good point.

These ARE the bands I grew up with..and still listen to...

I'm in that 40 something crowd...

yeah me too that used to get me so fucking mad tickets back then were announced thru local radio st so if you were in school with no access to one you missed out unless someone would come into school screaming TICKETS JUST WEN'T ON SALE FOR LED ZEPP AT THE GARDEN holy fuck talk about being pissed ...just be happy with what we get from this 10c even if it's a small amount ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Oh, so since you were in a pissy mood, the 10C gets the brunt of it?....isn't that what family/friends/significant others are for?

:)

Well...unfortunately no one else was around at the time to vent to! ;)

Although as mentioned, I'm still not pleased with some aspects of how the 10Club is run and I'm not necassarily recanting everything I mentioned. But, I probably could have been more subtle or shut up...so goes it.

JOEJOEJOE...can you be there for me next time dude? :)
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Why complain? Dont re-new. It is your choice. It is only $25.00.....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Well...unfortunately no one else was around at the time to vent to! ;)

Although as mentioned, I'm still not pleased with some aspects of how the 10Club is run and I'm not necassarily recanting everything I mentioned. But, I probably could have been more subtle or shut up...so goes it.

JOEJOEJOE...can you be there for me next time dude? :)

Sure, take a swing at me next time.....I don't always hit back!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    The only reason why I joined the Ten/VHC was because of access to trhe tickets... and this was back when all of the Pearl Jam Shows were General Admission. It was just easier than trying to get through the ChargeLine phone order or dealing with the TicketMaster outlets at the Sears Roebuck.
    I didn't care about the newsletters... but, liked the Christmas Singles.
    It is still a great model of a Fan Club.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240

The Michael Jackson fan club offers very low cost child care services! I guess for $25 membership someone might as well start an "official" petition on the message board asking that we get that service, too. Just make sure that in the official petition, we mention that we don't want our child care to be BYOB... we need to mention that Michael's fanclub services come with all the free "jesus juice" a kid can drink.

Who wants to author this official petition???
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    I think the fan club has great benefits. Hell Boom comes over and cleans my pool once a week...
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego