Options

this is insane

shirazshiraz Posts: 528
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
The Lebanese govt is insisting about these sheeba farms, a territory which doesn't belong to them. This is the only disputed issue, and it is clearly a Hizbullah interest. Once again, Lebanon acts as if it cares more about a group of terrorists than its own civilians. Israel accepted all terms, even the fact that Hizbullah will not be disarmed at the moment (though there is a UN resolution about that matter since 2000).

We can't give them a Syrian territory, the UN acknowledges that, the world acknowledges that, even Lebanon acknowledges that but it is still trying to defend Hizbullah's interests. Do you realize what's going on? Its like they'll demand the Palestinian areas for themselfs, those impotent bastards are blocking the cease-fire for the sake of Hizbullah!

And the Russians... What the hell is wrong with them? They decided its better to have a 72 hours of cease-fire, than have an agreement for ending it all (?!?). They're gonna oppose the US-France draft and bring their own draft. cause they want to defend their great weapons consumers: Iran + Syria (= Hizbullah).

God, this is insane, I want my life back!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    shiraz wrote:
    The Lebanese govt is insisting about these sheeba farms, a territory which doesn't belong to them. This is the only disputed issue, and it is clearly a Hizbullah interest. Once again, Lebanon acts as if it cares more about a group of terrorists than its own civilians. Israel accepted all terms, even the fact that Hizbullah will not be disarmed at the moment (though there is a UN resolution about that matter since 2000).

We can't give them a Syrian territory, the UN acknowledges that, the world acknowledges that, even Lebanon acknowledges that but it is still trying to defend Hizbullah's interests. Do you realize what's going on? Its like they'll demand the Palestinian areas for themselfs, those impotent bastards are blocking the cease-fire for the sake of Hizbullah!

And the Russians... What the hell is wrong with them? They decided its better to have a 72 hours of cease-fire, than have an agreement for ending it all (?!?). They're gonna oppose the US-France draft and bring their own draft. cause they want to defend their great weapons consumers: Iran + Syria (= Hizbullah).

Ok, so give it to Syria, problem solved.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Ahnimus wrote:

if this is so easy than it would have done but it ain´t...
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    if this is so easy than it would have done but it ain´t...

Why? Is there Israeli settlements there aswell?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Why? Is there Israeli settlements there aswell?

i meant the whole region stuff but nevermind ...it´s never that easy as it seems
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    shiraz wrote:
    Israel accepted all terms, even the fact that Hizbullah will not be disarmed at the moment (though there is a UN resolution about that matter since 2000).

And you neglact to mention that part of those terms is that Israel gets to remain in southern Lebanon.
    As far as U.N resolutions go, Israel really isn't in a position to point the finger at those who are in breach of them are they? The Israeli's are currently in violation of over 60 resolutions.
    Anyway, onwards and upwards! (Or downwards, depending on which side of the fence your on.)
  • Options
    Local media has just reported Hizbullah decided to refuse to have an armed UNIFIL & French forces, and Lebanon's prime minister Siniora said his govt is about to "fall down" out of this decision. That means once again, Hizbullah is about to get a non-armed force to "control" them. I don't know if Iseal is about to agree with that, cause we all know what happen the last time no one could supervise Hizbullah - that current war.
  • Options
    It's official - the UN = a bunch of losers. The new draft basically puts me & ruud's life into Hizbullah's hands. There's no armed forces who'll have the right to inforce anything, just 15,000 supervisors with no military authority. Once again, the UN cares more about Hizbullah than the Israeli & Lebanese civilians. The supervisors thing didn't worked out for the last 6 years, in fact, look where it brought us! This is it, this is their solution?!? we've been suffering for such a long time only to get the same old useless thing?!? For god sake, this whole shit will happen again in about 3 years, if we're lucky!

What is wrong with them?!? civilians should be their first priority!
  • Options

off course ....but what is right what is wrong ...do you want to answer that ...
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    Ahnimus wrote:

That's like you coming into my home and proclaiming the loudspeakers (I already own) are now mine, as a gift from you to me.:D

..and by the way....Thank you for the fine gift! You have great taste in loudspeakers:D
  • Options
    Oh ...and I'm glad to see Lebanon and Hizbullah are indeed for peace:rolleyes:

What a disgrace.
  • Options

off course ....but what is right what is wrong ...do you want to answer that ...

The whole point was to send an armed force who can control Hizbullah with the help of the Lebanese army, the new resolution is saying an "army" of supervisors will enter southern Lebanon, which is the same thing that brought us back to where we are in the first place. Hizbullah need to be controled for the sake of the Lebanese & Israeli civilians, or else they'll attack again in a short period of time and this whole horrible story will repeat itself.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    The whole point was to send an armed force who can control Hizbullah with the help of the Lebanese army, the new resolution is saying an "army" of supervisors will enter southern Lebanon, which is the same thing that brought us back to where we are in the first place. Hizbullah need to be controled for the sake of the Lebanese & Israeli civilians, or else they'll attack again in a short period of time and this whole horrible story will repeat itself.

Wonder who this "army of Supervisors would be? Wonder who Lebanon and Hizbullah have in mind? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hizbullah need to be controled...any succesions how?
    i myself don´t know the answer .
  • Options
    Hizbullah need to be controled...any succesions how?
    i myself don´t know the answer .

How about trying some NEW solutions, like an armed UNIFIL and french force who can act via military ways against Hizbullah in time of need? How about not recycling old solutions which was proven to be useless?

My only hope is these supervisors & UNIFIL will get some military authority, or else this war will escalate.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:

I'm so sick of people using the word "terrorist." Hezbollah are no more terrorists than Israel or Iran or the U.S. It's a fucking joke that's gotten way out of hand. Hezbollah are part of Lebanon, you know that. They play active roles in the community and take care of the Lebanese people. Of course Lebanon cares about what they want. Plus, I think you're assuming that Sheeba Farms is only a Hezbollah interest. It should be between Lebanon and Syria, end of story.
  • Options
    Plus, I think you're assuming that Sheeba Farms is only a Hezbollah interest

No she wasn't. Not at all.

It should be between Lebanon and Syria, end of story.

THAT was her point, to begin with.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    How about trying some NEW solutions, like an armed UNIFIL and french force who can act via military ways against Hizbullah in time of need? How about not recycling old solutions which was proven to be useless?

My only hope is these supervisors & UNIFIL will get some military authority, or else this war will escalate.

i think the first step is to disarm them ....or to do a ceasefire

and than talk ...maybe ...

i think it´s near by to escalate if nobody finds a good way or sollution that will cool down the whole region ...but than we need all parties to accept
    the solutions ...
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Well that's how I read it.
    NMyTree wrote:
    Well, Hezbollah is part of Lebanon. Deal with it.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

Thank you, I'm sick of people who keep on saying Hizbullah is taking care of the Lebanese people, mainly after Ruud (the Lebanese civilian who is posting here) make it very clear this is a false impression.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4785001.stm

This link is the latest about the new draft.
  • Options
    dayandayan Posts: 475
    I'm so sick of people using the word "terrorist." Hezbollah are no more terrorists than Israel or Iran or the U.S. It's a fucking joke that's gotten way out of hand. Hezbollah are part of Lebanon, you know that. They play active roles in the community and take care of the Lebanese people. Of course Lebanon cares about what they want. Plus, I think you're assuming that Sheeba Farms is only a Hezbollah interest. It should be between Lebanon and Syria, end of story.

They are terrorists. They kill innocent civilians with intent and terrorize another country. They are not the Lebanese army. Yes there are other aspects to the organization, but that doesn't make them any less terrorists, it only makes them more complex terrorists.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I'm so sick of people using the word "terrorist." Hezbollah are no more terrorists than Israel or Iran or the U.S. It's a fucking joke that's gotten way out of hand. Hezbollah are part of Lebanon, you know that.

OK, they're a political party linked to a number of terrorist acts. I'm pretty sure that makes the term 'terrorist' an accurate term to use, and much closer to the standard usage of the word than your example which becomes more broad and meaningless by including the US.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    i think the first step is to disarm them ....or to do a ceasefire

and than talk ...maybe ...

i think it´s near by to escalate if nobody finds a good way or sollution that will cool down the whole region ...but than we need all parties to accept
    the solutions ...

They should have been disarmed 6 years ago (UN resolution), but there was no one to force them to do so. That is my point - if there's no one who can control Hizbullah then the troubles are soon to be happening again.
  • Options
    Well that's how I read it.

Well, Hezbollah is part of Lebanon. Deal with it.

Deal with it? That's what Israel is doing!

Hizbullah is not taking care of the Lebanese people. They are barely doing any of the things you have mentioned. To boot, they have been using them as human shields and as decoys, in their strategy.

They also use Red Cross ambulances as transportation vehicles, for their operations.

You call that taking care of them? I call that dispicable and sickening!
  • Options
    Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 318
    shiraz wrote:

Syria considers it Lebanese territory. What's more important is actually the fact that it is not Israeli territory. There's a reasonable solution to this conflict. The Beirut declaration was a great place to start - it's a shame that wasn't taken more seriously.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    OK, they're a political party linked to a number of terrorist acts. I'm pretty sure that makes the term 'terrorist' an accurate term to use, and much closer to the standard usage of the word than your example which becomes more broad and meaningless by including the US.
    So both democrats and republicans are terrorists then too, right?
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    My problem with the word "terrorist" is that people use it to label the "bad guys" when it's not as simple as good and bad. Yet they put that label on them and the whole fucking world is against them. It's total bullshit.

If you call Hezbollah terrorists then you have to call Israel terrorists. They're on both sides. Is Israel not just a larger, better funded terrorist in this situation?
  • Options
    Human Tide wrote:
    Syria considers it Lebanese territory.

Lets have a deal, shall we? you will actually read the WHOLE thread before responding, and than I replay to you without the risk of sounding like a broken record, ok? :)
  • Options
    Human Tide wrote:
    Syria considers it Lebanese territory. What's more important is actually the fact that it is not Israeli territory. There's a reasonable solution to this conflict. The Beirut declaration was a great place to start - it's a shame that wasn't taken more seriously.
    Yes, but apparently Israel's opinion is all that matters to some here.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Lets have a deal, shall we? you will actually read the WHOLE thread before responding, and than I replay to you without the risk of sounding like a broken record, ok? :)
    shiraz, I've read the thread. I simply disagree with you. According to both Syria and Lebanon, Sheeba Farms is Lebanese territory. And even if it's Syria's, then why doesn't Israel just get the fuck out already so Syria can hand it over to Lebanon?
  • Options
    Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 318
    shiraz wrote:

I don't see the point specifically addressed in this thread. Also, see my edited post for the more important statement.