Options

Does Israel use Depleted Uranium?

Comments

• Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Puck78 wrote:
    note that depleted uranium is not used in bullets for anti-humans weapons. It is used to cover special anti-tank bullets.
    So it can't be directly, anti-palestinian. It can be undirectly, through long term exposition when it dissolves.

(I talk for the sake of science. For the sake of people I'm for a total banning of depleted uranium. More: I'm for a total stop of the arms trade)

But we're talking about an anti ship-missiles/rocekts. Palestinians don't have battle ships...

Btw: Science ha? well, we have something in common (:
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    shiraz wrote:
    But we're talking about an anti ship-missiles/rocekts. Palestinians don't have battle ships...
    yes, i don't know the details of this question. In general depleted uranium is used in ammunitions able to penetrate thick shields. It's property is that it is highly inflammable, so that when it hits the target it starts to burn. This is the problem: burning the particles/dusts diffuse more easily.
    It is used both for bullets and to cover rockets. I'm not arguing if it is used by israel against palestine, but if it is it could be used by aereoplanes ammunitions against tanks and thick shields.
    shiraz wrote:
    :)
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    shiraz wrote:

The information I posted suggests that Phalanx are being used against mortars and other ground units. In the description of the Phalanx it stats that it uses "depleted uranium bullets". Also, Israel just received large shipments of DU from the US, or so I hear. It's more effective at killing future generations of people, then it is at penetrating armor. In light of Israel's use of chemical weapons, still trying to pinpoint which one exactly. This isn't such a suprise.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    It would seem by the accounts of Palestinians in that Gaza Strip Documentary posted that two weapons are being used.

They reported that they saw white smoke, which was odorless and seemed harmless, then came yellow smoke and black smoke which smelled sweet. They had extremely itchy skin, one victim said "My whole body is killing me"

The white smoke could be White Phosphorus, banned by the UN for use on civilians. It's just like a smoke grenade, but the health effects are controversial. The yellow smoke I haven't been able to explain, however the black smoke and itchiness sounds like Mustard gas.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    The information I posted suggests that Phalanx are being used against mortars and other ground units. In the description of the Phalanx it stats that it uses "depleted uranium bullets". Also, Israel just received large shipments of DU from the US, or so I hear. It's more effective at killing future generations of people, then it is at penetrating armor. In light of Israel's use of chemical weapons, still trying to pinpoint which one exactly. This isn't such a suprise.

1. based on your info, that new US Phalanx system was designed especially for the war in Iraq and had no US operational use at least till the end of 2005.

2. We don't know if Israel received these systems (I know everybody here and in Europe is talking about bombs).

3. Every new system in the IDF needs to be learned, it requires the creation of training courses and the implementation of that courses so you'll eventually end up with soliders / units who are specializing in that specific system. This can't happen in just a matter of 6 days, nor 6 months.

4. I don't understand what is it that you want. It seems that searching for all the bad things Israel had done (killing civilians & destroying half of Lebanon), might have done (WP bombs - IDF still denays it) or may do is more important than a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y helping the Lebanese (and Israeli) civilians (by putting pressure upon your govt). The thing is, you're not the only one who's acting that way on this board, and I think its a shame - you are basically doing nothing.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    1. based on your info, that new US Phalanx system was designed especially for the war in Iraq and had no US operational use at least till the end of 2005.

2. We don't know if Israel received these systems (I know everybody here and in Europe is talking about bombs).

3. Every new system in the IDF needs to be learned, it requires the creation of training courses and the implementation of that courses so you'll eventually end up with soliders / units who are specializing in that specific system. This can't happen in just a matter of 6 days, nor 6 months.

4. I don't understand what is it that you want. It seems that searching for all the bad things Israel had done (killing civilians & destroying half of Lebanon), might have done (WP bombs - IDF still denays it) or may do is more important than a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y helping the Lebanese (and Israeli) civilians (by putting pressure upon your govt). The thing is, you're not the only one who's acting that way on this board, and I think its a shame - you are basically doing nothing.

I hear stuff and do research into it. The third link I provided at the opening of this thread is admittance of Phalanx use in the US and Israel.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I hear stuff and do research into it. The third link I provided at the opening of this thread is admittance of Phalanx use in the US and Israel.

Between battle ships, my friend, which is quite irelevant for our area. it is a 1996 artical, the new converted ground system wasn't invented till the end of 2005 (according to the info you gave me).
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Between battle ships, my friend, which is quite irelevant for our area. it is a 1996 artical, the new converted ground system wasn't invented till the end of 2005 (according to the info you gave me).

Well the fourth link talks about Phalanx used against ground forces, and it's in Hebrew, so I can't read it. I nicely asked for someone to translate it. So instead of using that information secretly, how about sharing the contents of it with the rest of us.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Well the fourth link talks about Phalanx used against ground forces, and it's in Hebrew, so I can't read it. I nicely asked for someone to translate it. So instead of using that information secretly, how about sharing the contents of it with the rest of us.

And once again, you are saying things without even checking them first. I did translated this last artical, but apparently you don't even bother to read the replays for your own thread. "using that information secretly"... god.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    And once again, you are saying things without even checking them first. I did translated this last artical, but apparently you don't even bother to read the replays for your own thread. "using that information secretly"... god.

Ah sorry, I didn't see that. Thanks for translating it. So it's inconclusive wether Israel uses DU or not. We know they have it, and can use it, but wether they do or not is still disputed. For the record I'm not trying to prove anything, just investigating myself.
  • Options
    Yesterday on Alex Jones radio show:
    Alex speaks depleted uranium expert, Dr. Doug Rokke about Israel's use of
    D.U. weapons in the current conflict in Lebanon.

http://prisonplanet.tv/members/audio/270706roqque.mp3

Only members can listen to it sorry.

I don't have webspace to host it for the rest of you or else I would. Any volunteers?
  • Options
    Dr. Rokke, states that Israel purchased GBU-28 which is commonly known as a "bunker buster" and contains depleted uranium.

According to U.S. Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis a recent news article, the U.S. has shipped 100, 5,000 pound GBU-28s to Israel for use in Lebanon.

According to Rokke and many websites, including HowStuffWorks.com, the GBU-28 is infact a 5,000 pound depleted uranium bomb.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    So many gulfwar vets have "mysterious" illneses affecting different parts of their bodies (particularly the lungs). The M1 Abrams tank is coated with it. These kids are getting cuts and scrapes and radioactive dirt in their bloodstreams, food, and water, after combing these bombed out areas.

325,000 or 250,000...something like 40% of the guys and gals that came home from the gulf war are sick and dying. Thats a dirty little secret being kept highly confidential now for as long as possible. How many of the young vets have to start dropping before this story comes raging out in the media like a bull in a china shop? It's coming. These troops got DU particles floating around inside them. Key areas of the body as well like organs and glands. Once in the bloodstream that where they often lodge and "mysteriously" incapacitate. Mysterious yeah right.

alot of the illness from the gulf war stems from the U.S. military blowing up found nerve gas rockets that contained sarin and cyclosarin nerve gas. The demolition batallion/s, along with others involved in this on the ground did not know the found rockets contained such gas.

only years later, reports surfaced what exactly was in the rockets that were exploded in a huge open air pit! This exposed aprrox. 150,000 soldiers to low level doses of sarin and cyclosarin, leaving them with various illnesses.

Before some go off the deep end and ask me for links, i need none. I am a gulf war 1 vet and was one of these soldiers exposed to this stuff and have case studies in my drawer next to me.

I started suffering from very bizarre anxiety attacks/seizures approx 5 months after return from the Gulf and had a billion tests run on me before I got the news of this debacle.

Long story short, a few issues with nervous system has left me on xanax over the last 7 years.
  • Options
    alot of the illness from the gulf war stems from the U.S. military blowing up found nerve gas rockets that contained sarin and cyclosarin nerve gas. The demolition batallion/s, along with others involved in this on the ground did not know the found rockets contained such gas.

only years later, reports surfaced what exactly was in the rockets that were exploded in a huge open air pit! This exposed aprrox. 150,000 soldiers to low level doses of sarin and cyclosarin, leaving them with various illnesses.

Before some go off the deep end and ask me for links, i need none. I am a gulf war 1 vet and was one of these soldiers exposed to this stuff and have case studies in my drawer next to me.

I started suffering from very bizarre anxiety attacks/seizures approx 5 months after return from the Gulf and had a billion tests run on me before I got the news of this debacle.

Long story short, a few issues with nervous system has left me on xanax over the last 7 years.

That sucks dude, sorry to hear about that.

Still, DU is bad for people. That's indisputable. The US administration tries to spin it and say it's good for you, but it sure as hell isn't.
  • Options
    Just a few studies I grabbed quick to support the idea that DU is bad.

Cytogenetic toxicity of uranyl nitrate in Chinese hamster ovary cells.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=7694141
    Leukemic transformation of hematopoietic cells in mice internally exposed to depleted uranium.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16283518
    Teratogenicity of depleted uranium aerosols: a review from an epidemiological perspective.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16124873
    Reproductive and developmental toxicity of natural and depleted uranium: a review.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=11738513
    A review of the effects of uranium and depleted uranium exposure on reproduction and fetal development.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12539863
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    That sucks dude, sorry to hear about that.

Still, DU is bad for people. That's indisputable. The US administration tries to spin it and say it's good for you, but it sure as hell isn't.

That's ok, I realize a ton of other soldiers in this dam war have it a million times worse than me.
    Was just tryin to piece together for some that wondered what that gulf war illness was. In addition, many reports hint that many of the pills and shots we took before deployment "COULD" have had an adverse effect on some soldiers since the medicines were very old. Can't prove this, just what I heard and read over the last 15 years.
  • Options
    That's ok, I realize a ton of other soldiers in this dam war have it a million times worse than me.
    Was just tryin to piece together for some that wondered what that gulf war illness was. In addition, many reports hint that many of the pills and shots we took before deployment "COULD" have had an adverse effect on some soldiers since the medicines were very old. Can't prove this, just what I heard and read over the last 15 years.

Yea, ok. I knew about the chemical weapons that were detonated, that's rediculous. Don't you hold Bush Sr. partially responsible? I mean, he had to know what was going to happen.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Yea, ok. I knew about the chemical weapons that were detonated, that's rediculous. Don't you hold Bush Sr. partially responsible? I mean, he had to know what was going to happen.

No, i blame the oxymoron (military intelligence). From what I learned over the years, The CIA had a very good idea what the rockets contained, but a major cluster f*$K happened and word never reached the ground troops. Horrificly sad, but TRUE
  • Options
    No, i blame the oxymoron (military intelligence). From what I learned over the years, The CIA had a very good idea what the rockets contained, but a major cluster f*$K happened and word never reached the ground troops. Horrificly sad, but TRUE

Hey that's what happened to the U.S.S. Liberty, 9/11, Pearl Harbor, etc.. just about every tragedy in history.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Hey that's what happened to the U.S.S. Liberty, 9/11, Pearl Harbor, etc.. just about every tragedy in history.

ok..
  • Options
    In Italy we can still reveal depleted uranium around targets used during training by the US airforce for the war in Bosnia. Targets were used by A10 aereoplanes (anti-tank aereoplanes) till 1995. In 2003 signs of depleted uranium were still detectable.
    (I know it because in 2003 I made a research for the University of Trieste (Italy) about it)
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Does Israel use DU?

I see it like a big ol DU hammer slamming around trying to crush shatter, burn and maim things. Both sides are at terminal velocity right now. They is gettin it on.

Can I get an amen, a reverbed "yee-haw" or deuling banjos fill pls? yeah.....(hey look over there!) ....and chuck in a flute for some high floaty stuff. Oh man, to be able to jam in like a 10 instrument band, with crazy multicultural vocalists, trumpet players even...

I've had some of that and it's crazy good stuff.. :D
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    In Italy we can still reveal depleted uranium around targets used during training by the US airforce for the war in Bosnia. Targets were used by A10 aereoplanes (anti-tank aereoplanes) till 1995. In 2003 signs of depleted uranium were still detectable.
    (I know it because in 2003 I made a research for the University of Trieste (Italy) about it)

Whoa, stay away from that stuff. You can't clean that up either. Not yet anyway. You may not want to go near that for about 10 billion years. But hey in 5 billion years you will only be subjected to beta emissions.
  • Options
    Does Israel use DU?

I see it like a big ol DU hammer slamming around trying to crush shatter, burn and maim things. Both sides are at terminal velocity right now. They is gettin it on.

Can I get an amen, a reverbed "yee-haw" or deuling banjos fill pls? yeah.....(hey look over there) ....and chuck in a flute for some high floaty stuff. Oh man, to be able to jam in a like a 10 instrument band, with crazy multicultural vocalists, trumpet players even...

I've had some of that and it's crazy good stuff.. :D

What's crazy is that governments use these technologies knowing they are really bad. Apparently they are working on anti-matter bombs, which scientists have said could easily destroy the planet.

http://aerospacescholars.jsc.nasa.gov/has/Students/finalGall.cfm?id=4832

Thankfully it sounds like they won't be for a while. I hope.

Mike Albrow
    Antimatter bombs are probably impossible for a thousand years, although I should be careful about such predictions. Some physicists thought that a nuclear bomb would be impossible. However we have been making antimatter as hard as we can at Fermilab for years, and although we can make 100 billion antiprotons per day, in all the years we would not even have made a fraction of a gram! That's not much. Antimatter fuel for rockets is also totally unrealistic, unless someone can figure out a way to make it millions of times more efficiently than today.

http://www.fnal.gov/pub/inquiring//virtual/aas_transcript9-22-03.html
  • Options
    Ever watch this clip Of Tony Royster at age 12?

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1887293651082720270&q=tony+royster

Tony working for bucks on the street: right at 39 - 45 seconds is what I am beginning to reach into right now. I get closer and better at it i.e. at sustaining and transitioning in and out of it to strict (metronomed) time.

Every time I play the possibilities with this (39s-45s) technique blows my mind.
    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=618329836783447846&q=tony+royster

Dennis Chambers is another god. I've heard him play on better kits but you get the idea...he's insane fast.
    http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/dennischambersclinic.html
  • Options
    Ever watch this clip Of Tony Royster at age 12?

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1887293651082720270&q=tony+royster

Tony working for bucks on the street: right at 39 - 45 seconds is what I am beginning to reach into right now. I get closer and better at it i.e. at sustaining and transitioning in and out of it to strict (metronomed) time.

Every time I play the possibilities with this (39s-45s) technique blows my mind.
    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=618329836783447846&q=tony+royster

Dennis Chambers is another god. I've heard him play on better kits but you get the idea...he's insane fast.
    http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/dennischambersclinic.html

Yea, he's pretty fast, and he's not chinese either.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    What's crazy is that governments use these technologies knowing they are really bad. Apparently they are working on anti-matter bombs, which scientists have said could easily destroy the planet.

http://aerospacescholars.jsc.nasa.gov/has/Students/finalGall.cfm?id=4832

Thankfully it sounds like they won't be for a while. I hope.

Mike Albrow
    Antimatter bombs are probably impossible for a thousand years, although I should be careful about such predictions. Some physicists thought that a nuclear bomb would be impossible. However we have been making antimatter as hard as we can at Fermilab for years, and although we can make 100 billion antiprotons per day, in all the years we would not even have made a fraction of a gram! That's not much. Antimatter fuel for rockets is also totally unrealistic, unless someone can figure out a way to make it millions of times more efficiently than today.

http://www.fnal.gov/pub/inquiring//virtual/aas_transcript9-22-03.html

Hahah did someone just say fermilab? Large Hardon Collider? I was sending out emails on this a while back.

Oh yeah have you heard the are fully confident they will be able to create black holes at will of size large enough in granularity so as to decode them into quantum level of understanding? All by smashing and studying matter at extremely (extremely) high velocity. By studying the reaction that take place they can actually create new materials to amplify the effect, and proces(s) thus leading to new discoveries about REALLY warping the space time fabric.

The could chuck an antimatter bomb at you or a little "gravity" bomb at you. Imagine getting a black hole bomb set off to zap everyting around you in a 10 mile radius? There would be an this enormours blinding flash...then everything affected would vanish into a dot - the point of singularity?. Everything outside the affected perimeter would be twisted and curved if resilient enough it would bend back into shape. Such as trees further ot from impact zone. Otherwise closer to the it would just look like a bomb went off. Everything else in the circular perimeter. Think of two drum cymbals intersecting on the X and Y planes of axis. The holes on the center of the cymbols is the antimatter reaction. The cymbols are the weapons effect of what happens to time and space.

Once the "boom" is over the cymbols will stretch back out into continous straight single strands of metal. Shit would vaporize into scrambled living bio dust. everything that is percievable in the "effect" is smashed to bits when it is forced to snap back or bend in the first place.

How fucked is that eh? make nukes look like a stick and rocks compared to a anti-matter reality vaporizing machine gun.

A people and place eraser lazer even. you know that shit is coming with this man. It's inevitable. They are working away constantly....picking apart the secrets very secrets of the universe here, and using those discoveries to manipulate it at will...

Depending on the frequency a dense fabricated chain reaction gravity generator or mini quasar in suspended liquid nitrogen device could be set to spin or resonate at whatever frequency they wanted and that could be used to control you, make you passive, confused, angry, give you cancer, even kill you (microwaves levels can boil your brain from the inside out), or even burn, twist and shatter buildings and stuff.

I wonder if it's more undetectable in the desert because of the sand. You would just disappear into a dot or into a cube, or the core of the device itself, in a huge wave around it....and flash! szoop! you vanish! It sucks all the energy patterns including yours into a huge white flash of gas and gamma ray particles (smallest light particles) xray particles, visible light...etc etc...down to infra red. You would be gone. Erased.

I'm not sure I would laugh! It's already been put to study. Keep your eye on the FermiLab website. Big things are soon to come from those folks. Big new "booms" so to speak!! And Guess who's gonna package this new technology slap a flag on it and coat it in DU?

Anyone? :D

I've read some stuff on how they have nukes with half-lifes of weeks with very little detectable environmental footprint past that point. I gotta find that data sheet again...
  • Options
    Hahah did someone just say fermilab? Large Hardon Collider? I was sending out emails on this a while back.

Oh yeah have you heard the are fully confident they will be able to create black holes at will of size large enough in granularity so as to decode them into quantum level of understanding? All by smashing and studying matter at extremely (extremely) high velocity. By studying the reaction that take place they can actually create new materials to amplify the effect, and proces(s) thus leading to new discoveries about REALLY warping the space time fabric.

The could chuck an antimatter bomb at you or a little "gravity" bomb at you. Imagine getting a black hole bomb set off to zap everyting around you in a 10 mile radius? There would be an this enormours blinding flash...then everything affected would vanish into a dot - the point of singularity?. Everything outside the affected perimeter would be twisted and curved if resilient enough it would bend back into shape. Such as trees further ot from impact zone. Otherwise closer to the it would just look like a bomb went off.

How fucked is that eh? make nukes look like a stick and rocks compared to a anti-matter reality vaporizing machine gun.

A people and place eraser lazer even. you know that shit is coming with this man. It's inevitable. They are working away constantly....picking apart the secrets very secrets of the universe here, and using those discoveries to manipulate it at will...

Depending on the frequency a dense fabricated chain reaction gravity generator or mini quasar in suspended liquid nitrogen device could be set to spin or resonate at whatever frequency they wanted and that could be used to control you, make you passive, confused, angry, give you cancer, even kill you (microwaves levels can boil your brain from the inside out), or even burn, twist and shatter buildings and stuff.

I wonder if it's more undetectable in the desert because of the sand. You would just disappear into a dot or into a cube, or the core of the device itself, in a huge wave around it....and flash! szoop! you vanish! It sucks all the energy patterns including yours into a huge white flash of gas and gamma ray particles (smallest light particles) xray particles, visible light...etc etc...down to infra red. You would be gone. Erased.

I'm not sure I would laugh! It's already been put to study. Keep your eye on the FermiLab website. Big things are soon to come from those folks. Big new "booms" so to speak!! And Guess who's gonna package this new technology slap a flag on it and coat it in DU?

I've read some stuff on how they have nukes with half-lifes of weeks with very little detectable environmental footprint past that point. I gotta find that data sheet again...
    the large hadron collider (LHC) is not of fermilab but of CERN.
    It didn't already start its activities.
    The creation of mini black holes during hadron collisions is a theory that came out last year using the strings theory. It has to be proved.
    You wrote just about science fiction stuff. We don't know what will people invent in 100 years, but so far all that you wrote is just science fiction.
    Mini black holes, what do you know about them? "gravity" bombs? mini quasars????
    If you want to make fun, ok, but if you talk about science, just talk about what you know. Else you're like the american journalists that speculate if hezbollah can bomb the USA....
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    you discover warm water: a lot of nuclei have half lives of fractions of seconds.

I add: don't be scared of the word anti-matter: it is used when you make PET, for example. And a lot of anti-matter falls on the top of the atmosphere constantly. it's a natural thing, so don't speculate too much around it.
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options

The could chuck an antimatter bomb at you or a little "gravity" bomb at you. Imagine getting a black hole bomb set off to zap everyting around you in a 10 mile radius? There would be an this enormours blinding flash...then everything affected would vanish into a dot - the point of singularity?. Everything outside the affected perimeter would be twisted and curved if resilient enough it would bend back into shape. Such as trees further ot from impact zone. Otherwise closer to the it would just look like a bomb went off.

Doh, I can't find it now either. I found this website of a research center somewhere down in the US. They smashed particles together in this facility that was a ring shape. It was set up to cool the particles and smash them together. I think they were iron particles. They discovered a strange phenomenon. When they smashed the particles together, it wasn't just protons, electrons and neutrons. It was quarks and gluons, it was the atomic soup that scientists have said is the very basic fabric of existence. They said it had black hole characteristics. Crazy stuff, any day now we get sucked into non-existence. Curiosity kills more than just a cat in this case.

The Fourth-Generation Nuclear bombs or whatever they are called, I can't place now either. I read a few government documents about FGNs(??) back when I was banned. They talked about using tritium and other elements instead of uranium. Tritium has a half-life of like 12 1/2 years I think and supposedly it's emissions are acceptable, whatever the heck that means. Regardless, within a lifetime it will just be lead and could be cleaned up. Tritium is used in other things too, like Gaseous Tritium Light Watches. They glow all the time for like 20 years and cost about 500 bucks USD. Tritium is used in some handrailings, exit signs and weapon laser-sights too. Probably a bunch of other shit. We are subjected to a shit load of various waveforms all the time. Even with satellite equipment, they figure if you are far enough away it's ok to absorb it. The idea is, they pump a guy full of emissions and see how much his body excretes, whatever he keeps, they figure is too much. The rest supposedly is ok for us to absorb. I read the declassified documents pertaining to radiation experiments at the manhatten project. I wish I could find stuff now, my sleuthing abilities are dwindling with my fatigue.