Comments

• Options
    nevermind, see below....
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    who'skurt wrote:
    What Question ? And is it on-line

i don't know but the board seem to be messing up with my reply, i hope it won't be a triple post (it did), but yes it's online: http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=10524e16-36f2-4975-910d-9407471f2261&k=91928&p=1

the question is at the end...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    is the question about a violent attack or infiltration? some could say the attack was successful already.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    i don't know but the board seem to be messing up with my reply, i hope it won't be a triple post (it did), but yes it's online: http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=10524e16-36f2-4975-910d-9407471f2261&k=91928&p=1

the question is at the end...

I like how everything turns into an "anti-Israel" rally. But I don't seem to recall hearing too many good words about the other side when watching the Israeli's march in Toronto or any other spot. Odd that is. Am I, along with a lot of others supposed to just dismiss this and not pay attention.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    i don't know but the board seem to be messing up with my reply, i hope it won't be a triple post, but yes it's online: http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=10524e16-36f2-4975-910d-9407471f2261&k=91928&p=1

Funny...you know looking at the mainstream media and everything...soon being against the "war on terror" or believing against Israeli's actions will label us all terrorists or insurgents...funny some on this board would relish in that thought of that....people cry Liberal media and I cannot find it anywhere.....but as for the National Post that is a good to me as ass-wipe....
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    I like how everything turns into an "anti-Israel" rally. But I don't seem to recall hearing too many good words about the other side when watching the Israeli's march in Toronto or any other spot. Odd that is. Am I, along with a lot of others supposed to just dismiss this and not pay attention.

It would be easy to spin Pro-Israel rally into Anti-Lebanon rally, but it won't happen, i just don't understand how a serious newspaper can write this kind of bullshit article. Yes there was Hezbollah flags (i've seen them in the news, none in person) but it doesn't mean it was a Pro hezbollah rally. It just makes me want to get in the street again this week end...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Israeli ambassador denounces MPs for marching 'under Hezbollah flag'
    Envoy grateful Harper supports his country's right of self-defence.

Mike Blanchfield, The Ottawa Citizen
    Published: Thursday, August 10, 2006
    Israel's ambassador to Canada has denounced federal Liberals, Bloc Quebecois and other Quebec politicians for taking part in a weekend pro-Lebanese rally in Montreal and aligning themselves with what he described as "incited" Muslims who have taken over Canadian streets...

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=1fe37eb3-0908-4dc3-99fb-c076cea69e17
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Israeli ambassador denounces MPs for marching 'under Hezbollah flag'
    Envoy grateful Harper supports his country's right of self-defence.

Mike Blanchfield, The Ottawa Citizen
    Published: Thursday, August 10, 2006
    Israel's ambassador to Canada has denounced federal Liberals, Bloc Quebecois and other Quebec politicians for taking part in a weekend pro-Lebanese rally in Montreal and aligning themselves with what he described as "incited" Muslims who have taken over Canadian streets...

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=1fe37eb3-0908-4dc3-99fb-c076cea69e17

I could care less what the Ambassador thinks or believes...let him believe that crap...
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I think there are a lot of reasons we haven't been attacked yet. But we are slated for attack, that's for sure.

The way that rally was interpreted is just stupid.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    I could care less what the Ambassador thinks or believes...let him believe that crap...

I dare them to try to stop 15,000 peoples from marching, it will just turn into violence, that's probably what they want anyway, it would sure help the Cons. cause.

Hezbollah partisan were not invite and nobody else than the few supporters were marching under the Hezbollah flags, not the politicians and not the "incite" muslim (damn racist), i'm white, bilingual, full blown catholic, and was there. Fuck em.

They just drive me nuts with their stupid hate propaganda...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    I dare them to try to stop 15,000 peoples from marching, it will just turn into violence, that's probably what they want anyway, it would sure help the Cons. cause.

Hezbollah partisan were not invite and nobody else than the few supporters were marching under the Hezbollah flags, not the politicians and not the "incite" muslim (damn racist), i'm white, bilingual, full blown catholic, and was there. Fuck em.

Buddy I believe this is only the beginning.....
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057

Great that you feel that way but if you didn't ask them to leave it means you accepted their presence.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    Great that you feel that way but if you didn't ask them to leave it means you accepted their presence.

Yea, really eh?

When I go have my heterosexual pride march, there better not be any homosexuals there. Cause I might have to ask them to leave, though I guess that never stopped them before...
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:

Not at all, but their presence was not close to me, i'Ve said that already, i wouldn't go confront them either, as i said emotions are running high, no point of controlling everyone, if some nuts can't understand that it was not a Pro Hezbollah Pro Terrorist rally it's not my problem, it's there/your problem, i don't have to justify anything and i don't have to control anyone.

If authorities want to control that with force, then it's another story, we'll have to wait and see how they manage to link the 15,000 with the 20 who waved support for Hezbollah, and to proceed with accusations... nice logic...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Yea, really eh?

When I go have my heterosexual pride march, there better not be any homosexuals there. Cause I might have to ask them to leave, though I guess that never stopped them before...
    I would hope you'd ask homophobes to put away their homophobic signs and open their ears and learn. Learn not to hate.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    I would hope you'd ask homophobes to put away their homophobic signs and open their ears and learn. Learn not to hate.

otherwise it would mean they're all homophobic... even if they're homo...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:

Would you ask the same at a Pro-Israel rally for they support violence....and they do regardless of what you may say...to be Pro-Israel is pro-war and pro-violence no matter what spin gets used to cry defence....especially at this point in the conflict......maybe they should hear and learn too....just as guilty as pro-Hezbollah supporters IMHO.....they do have a right to defend themselves as any country does but this kinda of escalation is beyond reason and people at that rally should learn that......

For the record I really dont care I think that 99.99999999% of the people there were not supporting terrorists like that rag try's to suggest......
  • Options
    otherwise it would mean they're all homophobic... even if they're homo...
    I've never said anything near that. But it would mean you are accepting of homophobia and don't think it's anything that needs to be dealt with. That's the message that's being sent.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:

Disliking Homosexuality or valueing Heterosexuality above Homosexuality doesn't constitute Homophobia. That's part of anti-hate propaganda.

Homophobia, by definition of a phobia would be to actually live in fear of homosexuals. I don't know any heterosexuals that feel that way.

You are also assuming that a Pro-Heterosexuality rally would be "homophobic" so why is it not that a Pro-Homosexuality rally is "heterophobic"?
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    surferdude wrote:
    I've never said anything near that. But it would mean you are accepting of homophobia and don't think it's anything that needs to be dealt with. That's the message that's being sent.

spot on dude.
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:

The message sent have been distort heavily. If a homophobic takes places in a gay pride parade showing signs and not going away, medias won't spin it as an homophobic rally. (rally organisers said they asked them to take those signs down, not in those articles, wouldn't look good) Spin spin...

If an Israeli is talking about the right for Israel to defend themselves THE WAY they are now, it won't be spin as a pro-war rally.

I just hope there will be bigger protest soon, with more peoples, and more peoples expressing their concerns, i'd like to see those Hezbollah flags down, of course, but if there's any, it doesn't MEAN i support them and it doesn't MEAN that i accept them, it also doesn't MEAN that Canada accept terrorist because of this rally, it also doesn't MEAN that Canada or Montreal is a terrorist friend. Spin.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    The message sent have been distort heavily. If a homophobic takes places in a gay pride parade showing signs and not going away, medias won't spin it as an homophobic rally. (rally organisers said they asked them to take those signs down, not in those articles, wouldn't look good) Spin spin...

If an Israeli is talking about the right for Israel to defend themselves THE WAY they are now, it won't be spin as a pro-war rally.

I just hope there will be bigger protest soon, with more peoples, and more peoples expressing their concerns, i'd like to see those Hezbollah flags down, of course, but if there's any, it doesn't MEAN i support them and it doesn't MEAN that i accept them, it also doesn't MEAN that Canada accept terrorist because of this rally, it also doesn't MEAN that Canada or Montreal is a terrorist friend. Spin.

I really dont see how it isn't a pro-war rally..... they can defend themselves to acceptable limits which no one is arguing about...BUT to defend the current actions is nothing but pro-war...what else can you call it? They are no longer defending anything...they are attacking right now....and that is where a big difference lies....they went overboard and way over at that.....
  • Options
    spot on dude.
    What drives me crazy, and you can see it in the responses above, is that you tell people what message is being sent and they want to argue. I appreciate the message they want to send but it's not being conveyed. Instead of dealing with that reality they'd rather argue about what is being sent/received as the message.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    What drives me crazy, and you can see it in the responses above, is that you tell people what message is being sent and they want to argue. I appreciate the message they want to send but it's not being conveyed. Instead of dealing with that reality they'd rather argue about what is being sent/received as the message.

"2+2=5"

That's the message you are sending, and for most people that doesn't work.
  • Options
    I really dont see how it isn't a pro-war rally..... they can defend themselves to acceptable limits which no one is arguing about...BUT to defend the current actions is nothing but pro-war...what else can you call it? They are no longer defending anything...they are attacking right now....and that is where a big difference lies....they went overboard and way over at that.....

well, not that i disagree with you, but it won't appear in any newspaper or news station. Anyway, anyone condemning a pro-israel rally would then be labelled as anti-semit pro-terrorist, i just don't get it... but that's not something new :)...

If i'd be somehow an organizer, i'd invite all those for peace, instead of taking a side, that way there's no ambiguity possible, specially for those stupid medias who like to create problems and then write for days about them

Canwest can exploit an invented news a lot with their large market, and can make those spinning sound like reality to a lot of peoples, really sad.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    "2+2=5"

I know, I know. I'm wrong, those telling you how it's percieved are wrong. The media's wrong. Everyone's wrong who doesn't agree with your point of view is wrong. Reality is wrong.

You are more in common with Bush than you'll ever admit.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    "2+2=5"

spot on dude.

:) sorry for the dude reference...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    I know, I know. I'm wrong, those telling you how it's percieved are wrong. The media's wrong. Everyone's wrong who doesn't agree with your point of view is wrong. Reality is wrong.

Well, it's more like you are polarized. You are looking at it as though a Pro-Lebanon rally is Anti-Israel, but a Pro-Israel rally is not Anti-Lebanon, rather it's Anti-Hezbollah, a Pro-Hezbollah rally is Anti-Israel/Lebanon and an Anti-War rally is Anti-Humanity. To me that is just a narrow-minded, fascist way of labelling. It's pure propaganda. Because in reality being Pro-Lebanon, just means that you are Pro-Lebanon and don't want to see another 1000 people dead.
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:

spin, inventions, there's no message sent for pro terrorist other than the interpretation you get from it, those newspapers are spinning it for you to believe this way, i'm telling you one last time, i was there and did not felt i was part of a anti anything rally or pro terrorist rally, if you get that from the bad newspaper you read, it's your own problem, not mine, not Canada's problem, it's your problem.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    well, not that i disagree with you, but it won't appear in any newspaper or news station. Anyway, anyone condemning a pro-israel rally would then be labelled as anti-semit pro-terrorist, i just don't get it... but that's not something new :)...

If i'd be somehow an organizer, i'd invite all those for peace, instead of taking a side, that way there's no ambiguity possible, specially for those stupid medias who like to create problems and then write for days about them

Canwest can exploit an invented news a lot with their large market, and can make those spinning sound like reality to a lot of peoples, really sad.

Exactly the best position is not to be pro-Hezbiollah or pro-Israel...be Pro-Peace...take the middle...AGAIN the media is adding to the polarization in Western culture......

Likewise I do not get it...being Pro-Israel right now is deemed noble and the "in-thing" which sickens me as much as when I see people blatantly support Hezbollah......and I think some media outlets are trying to sabatoge the people who want a ceasefire or peace as sympathizers....pathetic what everything has amounted to.....