Options

Hamid Karzai: No Canada, Please Don't Leave !!

2»

Comments

• Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    jlew24asu wrote:
    absolutely not true. what are you going to do, ask them to stop?

money, diplomacy, letting them live how they want to live, money, sanctions, economic incentives...

why is it our job to police the world...? who says we know everything about everyone and can dictate how they live...?
    jlew24asu wrote:
    reallly? how else do you confront Islamic extremism?

how do you know...?

seriously...how do you know...? I know you like to deal in absolutes...but that's not always how things are...
  • Options
    Afghanistan, just like Irak, needs to police themselves, we have no business there, we did our job and it just didn't work that well, we're not their babysitter. About time Afghan govt. take things over. They still violate humans and mostly women's right, we did helped them since 2001-2002, up till 2009, then it will be for someone else to take that fight if Afghan. govt. just can't do it.

Canada will leave, btw NDP just won a seat in Montreal, Thomas Mulcair is a good politician and will help the NDP, finally some good canadian politics news.

Good to see your name back in this board...I also agree WE WILL LEAVE....and sooner than later...and I could not be happier....and as for reasons I do not feel the need to give any....I am against this proxy war and the sooner we leave the happier I will be (and for the record will feel just as safe as I do now).
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    canada will stay longer because we will tell them to. and they will listen

Yeah just as you told us to join you in Iraq....that worked well our PM publically mocked the stupidity of the Iraqi mission and the people behind it...asked one simple question that still has not been answered...."prove your claims"
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    inmytree wrote:
    money, diplomacy, letting them live how they want to live, money, sanctions, economic incentives...

why is it our job to police the world...? who says we know everything about everyone and can dictate how they live...?
    sounds like you are ok with the taliban ruling Afghanistan. i'm not. and there are many who agree with me.
    inmytree wrote:
    how do you know...?

seriously...how do you know...? I know you like to deal in absolutes...but that's not always how things are...
    you're right tree. i'm just guessing. maybe we should have a sit down with osama and really try to understand how we can make his life better.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    sounds like you are ok with the taliban ruling Afghanistan. i'm not. and there are many who agree with me.

does it...? if you say so...perhaps you should sign your all-knowing ass up and get to changing the world...
    jlew24asu wrote:
    you're right tree. i'm just guessing. maybe we should have a sit down with osama and really try to understand how we can make his life better.

again with the absolutes...who said anything about obl...? I thought we were talking about the taliban...

listen, you seem to be cool with others fighting your fight to change the world, as I said, sign up...get on with saving us...be our hero...
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    does it...? if you say so...perhaps you should sign your all-knowing ass up and get to changing the world...

again with the absolutes...who said anything about obl...? I thought we were talking about the taliban...

listen, you seem to be cool with others fighting your fight to change the world, as I said, sign up...get on with saving us...be our hero...

or we can hold hands around the campfire and sing songs....how bout that?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    or we can hold hands around the campfire and sing songs....how bout that?

I figured you'd avoid my point....

anyway, kill all who don't think like us, and save the world...

really, when it comes down to it, folks like you are no better that the taliban..."either think like me or die"...a match made in heaven...
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    I figured you'd avoid my point....

anyway, kill all who don't think like us, and save the world...

really, when it comes down to it, folks like you are no better that the taliban..."either think like me or die"...a match made in heaven...

avoid your point? whats your point? asking me to join the military? ok just for you.

if we are talking about Iraq, Iran, hell even north korea I'd agree. but you seem to want to give money or diplomacy to Islamic radicalism. which is idiotic.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    jlew24asu wrote:
    avoid your point? whats your point? asking me to join the military? ok just for you.

if we are talking about Iraq, Iran, hell even north korea I'd agree. but you seem to want to give money or diplomacy to Islamic radicalism. which is idiotic.

Dude the blog and the new pictures of a different city you could have for your new venture. Just think of what signing up could do for you. :D
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

you're right, we should just kill the fuckers and move on...drop the bomb on them bitches...right, killer...?

I'm so afraid of the tally-ban...oh, help us...
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    you're right, we should just kill the fuckers and move on...drop the bomb on them bitches...right, killer...?

I'm so afraid of the tally-ban...oh, help us...

you are second to roland with the zingers, I'll give ya that. sorry dude, I'm not as willing to support the taliban like you are. and its not about being afraid of anyone. that was cute though.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    you are second to roland with the zingers, I'll give ya that. sorry dude, I'm not as willing to support the taliban like you are. and its not about being afraid of anyone. that was cute though.

WHo are you going to support tho? A puppet? Whoever it is, they will turn on the US eventually...they don't want interference, except when it suits their needs (arms, money, etc.) This is just how it goes...the Taliban were allies once, right? This fact doesn't change the way you view things? Flip flopping enemies and allies depending on mood isn't making the world a better place....in fact it just keeps arming and empowering people with agendas that change once they gain power...then it starts over again. Perfect for the arms makers, shitty for world peace...which is the goal here..........right?
  • Options
    WHo are you going to support tho? A puppet? Whoever it is, they will turn on the US eventually...they don't want interference, except when it suits their needs (arms, money, etc.) This is just how it goes...the Taliban were allies once, right? This fact doesn't change the way you view things? Flip flopping enemies and allies depending on mood isn't making the world a better place....in fact it just keeps arming and empowering people with agendas that change once they gain power...then it starts over again. Perfect for the arms makers, shitty for world peace...which is the goal here..........right?

karzi seems ok to me.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

aw, shucks...:o

come on now, you know since I don't support bushy and the war machine, that I hate America...I've got to support someone...

for the record, I'm not a big fan of the tallyban, in fact, I say they can go fuck themselves. I just happen to think if we (the good ol' US of A) can support those in the area who do not support the tallyban with economic means, then maybe, those who want change in that country can bring about change...who knows...

and for shits and giggles, let's say the tallyban rises to power and takes over the country...you can't tell me that we can't contain and monitor them...we can spend billions trying to kill them or spend billions to keep us safe here at home...you say yourself they can't be reasoned with...but you have to admit, we can't kill them all...

all I'm saying is there has to be another way...
  • Options
    i would like to contribute something relevent to the conversation:

http://www.bustedtees.com/bt/images/BT-canadaamericashat-gallery-2418.jpg