Options

Hamid Karzai: No Canada, Please Don't Leave !!

TruthmongerTruthmonger Posts: 559
edited September 2007 in A Moving Train
This guy is a joke. First he openly admits that Canada would have to stay past 2009 because there's no way Afghanistan would be ready before that (they'll probably never be ready). Then he threatens Canada by saying terrorism will surely come to Canadian shores if Cdn. troops abandon Afghanistan.

Does he think we're as stupid as Americans ? Does he think that kinda shit will fly as a plausible reason to stay ? What a fucking knob.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N18438288.htm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    canada will stay longer because we will tell them to. and they will listen
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    This guy is a joke. First he openly admits that Canada would have to stay past 2009 because there's no way Afghanistan would be ready before that (they'll probably never be ready). Then he threatens Canada by saying terrorism will surely come to Canadian shores if Cdn. troops abandon Afghanistan.

Does he think we're as stupid as Americans ? Does he think that kinda shit will fly as a plausible reason to stay ? What a fucking knob.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N18438288.htm

When the troops who are there are marching through those tribal areas on to Pakistan then I will know they are doing the job they were sent to do. If they are just going to protect 10 square miles forever, it is time to leave.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    When the troops who are there are marching through those tribal areas on to Pakistan then I will know they are doing the job they were sent to do. If they are just going to protect 10 square miles forever, it is time to leave.

so you support them invading pakistan but not protecting Afghanistan from the taliban taking over again?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    so you support them invading pakistan but not protecting Afghanistan from the taliban taking over again?

You tell us all about the tribal regions all the time. So you should know that if they go storm trooping through those regions on their way to Pakistan that they will be steaming over the Taliban on the way. You know, actually doing something about terrorism. That is why they are there, no?
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    You tell us all about the tribal regions all the time. So you should know that if they go storm trooping through those regions on their way to Pakistan that they will be steaming over the Taliban on the way. You know, actually doing something about terrorism. That is why they are there, no?

I have mixed feelings about it. trust me, I would love to go into the tribal areas and take out the extremists. but Pakistan would consider that an act of war and all hell would break loose. (see Iraq for an example). India would get involved by maybe seeing it as an opportunity to attack them and nuclear powers could go to war. its fucked up.

I'm happy with protecting Afghanistan for now.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

No they won't. Unlike the U.S., Canada doesn't buy the dumbass argument that fighting them over there mitigates domestic terror. Secondly, Canadians don't believe or support perpetual war - they want to know whats going on, and they want definite times as to when it'll end. Thirdly, they are aware that Canada's presence there isn't actually doing much to quell the Taliban. Recent reports by troops and military leaders have noted that they are effectively fighting 3 and 4 times to gain the same bit of physical or tactical ground. Best to leave the futile, fruitless fighting to the Americans.....

This will end soon because Harper has a minority gov't. The House of Commons isn't likely to support the venture much longer.
  • Options
    No they won't. Unlike the U.S., Canada doesn't buy the dumbass argument that fighting them over there mitigates domestic terror. Secondly, Canadians don't believe or support perpetual war - they want to know whats going on, and they want definite times as to when it'll end. Thirdly, they are aware that Canada's presence there isn't actually doing much to quell the Taliban. Recent reports by troops and military leaders have noted that they are effectively fighting 3 and 4 times to gain the same bit of physical or tactical ground. Best to leave the futile, fruitless fighting to the Americans.....

This will end soon because Harper has a minority gov't. The House of Commons isn't likely to support the venture much longer.

so you dont see fighting the taliban as a good thing? would you rather they go back in power?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    so you dont see fighting the taliban as a good thing? would you rather they go back in power?

first - no, not a good thing....second - their problem. let them rebel against injustice....short of peace keeping, our military should not be there.
  • Options
    first - no, not a good thing....second - their problem. let them rebel against injustice....short of peace keeping, our military should not be there.

its their problem? are you serious? the taliban allowed osama bin laden to have a base of opertions for many years. you remember him dont ya? he's the guy that attacked us on 9/11. so its our problem too.

so we should be there to keep the peace? interesting. I guess that means stopping the taliban from taking over.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

You work for the US govt?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    You work for the US govt?

nope
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    its their problem? are you serious? the taliban allowed osama bin laden to have a base of opertions for many years. you remember him dont ya? he's the guy that attacked us on 9/11. so its our problem too.

so we should be there to keep the peace? interesting. I guess that means stopping the taliban from taking over.

At some point the west has to stop the cycle of interference. We cant do this forever...and there will never be a "good" time to leave. Maybe we should say fuck the peace keeping too...but if that's the case, I would rather it be a UN ran force than a NATO one. Canada wasn't attacked on 9/11, and these 'terrorists - read: former US allies" wouldn't give us a second thought if we'd continued to be peacekeepers instead of suckin yankee dick.

Do you honestly think OBL is still chillin in Afghanistan? I don't buy the boogey-man argument. besides...OBL is america's version of frankensteins monster....and who let the taliban take power? you don't see the problem with this kind of interference? When is the right time to leave jlew? never?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

Well, who doesn't want to live in a terror-less world ? But anyone who asks a question like yours should first ask why the U.S. actually fosters such terrorism by its actions around the world. Every American should be appraised with their own country's conduct in Central America, in South East Asia, in the Middle East, and other places in this world. Sadly, very few Americans have a clue as to just how meddling and corrosive their own gov't is. Like it or not, 9/11 was a response to that.

What Canada is now doing in Afghanistan is essentially fighting a proxy war for the U.S.. Its a joke, for so many reasons. That Canadians are now dying because of what the U.S. has done around the world for the last several decades, or longer, is just plain wrong.

Afghanistan will soon resemble Iraq, where the U.S. is basically fighting by itself. And thats just how it should be.
  • Options
    At some point the west has to stop the cycle of interference. We cant do this forever...and there will never be a "good" time to leave. Maybe we should say fuck the peace keeping too...but if that's the case, I would rather it be a UN ran force than a NATO one. Canada wasn't attacked on 9/11, and these 'terrorists - read: former US allies" wouldn't give us a second thought if we'd continued to be peacekeepers instead of suckin yankee dick.
    yea, thats good. 24 innocent canadians died on 9/11. did you know that?
    Do you honestly think OBL is still chillin in Afghanistan? I don't buy the boogey-man argument. besides...OBL is america's version of frankensteins monster....and who let the taliban take power? you don't see the problem with this kind of interference? When is the right time to leave jlew? never?

no I dont think he is in afgahistan. I think he is in the tribal areas of Pakistan. there probably is never a good time to leave. we will have a base there much like we still have one in Germany and Japan. we never left there did we?
  • Options
    Well, who doesn't want to live in a terror-less world ? But anyone who asks a question like yours should first ask why the U.S. actually fosters such terrorism by its actions around the world. Every American should be appraised with their own country's conduct in Central America, in South East Asia, in the Middle East, and other places in this world. Sadly, very few Americans have a clue as to just how meddling and corrosive their own gov't is. Like it or not, 9/11 was a response to that.

What Canada is now doing in Afghanistan is essentially fighting a proxy war for the U.S.. Its a joke, for so many reasons. That Canadians are now dying because of what the U.S. has done around the world for the last several decades, or longer, is just plain wrong.

Afghanistan will soon resemble Iraq, where the U.S. is basically fighting by itself. And thats just how it should be.

why are you ok with abandoning Afghanistan and potentially allowing the taliban back to power?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    yea, thats good. 24 innocent canadians died on 9/11. did you know that?
    Yes, I knew that...they died in your country....we weren't attacked. Our citizens die in other countries all the time, without us sending our military to do something about it.

jlew24asu wrote:
    no I dont think he is in afgahistan. I think he is in the tribal areas of Pakistan. there probably is never a good time to leave. we will have a base there much like we still have one in Germany and Japan. we never left there did we?
    Do you think that's a good thing? Aside from imperial agendas, why?
  • Options
    Yes, I knew that...they died in your country....we weren't attacked. Our citizens die in other countries all the time, without us sending our military to do something about it.
    candaian citizens do not die all the time from terrorists attack. what a horrible thing to say. you are basically spitting the face of the families who died that day.

eh, people die all the time, fuck em.
    Do you think that's a good thing? Aside from imperial agendas, why?

no, I dont really see it as such a good thing. but its not a bad thing either. I do not see the benefit of leaving afgahinstan.
  • Options
    Afghanistan, just like Irak, needs to police themselves, we have no business there, we did our job and it just didn't work that well, we're not their babysitter. About time Afghan govt. take things over. They still violate humans and mostly women's right, we did helped them since 2001-2002, up till 2009, then it will be for someone else to take that fight if Afghan. govt. just can't do it.

Canada will leave, btw NDP just won a seat in Montreal, Thomas Mulcair is a good politician and will help the NDP, finally some good canadian politics news.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    candaian citizens do not die all the time from terrorists attack. what a horrible thing to say. you are basically spitting the face of the families who died that day.

eh, people die all the time, fuck em..

Not what I was saying at all, don't put those kind of words in my mouth. I meant Canadians are MURDERED on foreign soil pretty often....which basically boils down to the same thing.

jlew24asu wrote:
    no, I dont really see it as such a good thing. but its not a bad thing either. I do not see the benefit of leaving afgahinstan.
    What is the benefit of staying? Aside from imperial agendas?
  • Options
    Not what I was saying at all, don't put those kind of words in my mouth. I meant Canadians are MURDERED on foreign soil pretty often....which basically boils down to the same thing.
    random violence happens daily. that can not be compared to what happened on 9/11
    What is the benefit of staying? Aside from imperial agendas?
    to ensure that Afghanistan doesnt fall back into the hands of extremists. call it what you want.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    why are you ok with abandoning Afghanistan and potentially allowing the taliban back to power?

You can only ignore the greater context for so long. When you are by yourselves, fighting endless wars, perhaps the U.S. will finally get it. Other countries aren't going to condone U.S actions by fighting forever in ineffectual wars, or in wars that are not nearly as relevent to them as they are to the U.S..

Moreover, it isn't just the Taliban. In Afghan., somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the country actually support the Taliban. Its hardly just a few hardened terrorists. What the U.S. fails to recognize is that it has lost huge chunks of support in Afghan. and around the Middle East.
  • Options
    You can only ignore the greater context for so long. When you are by yourselves, fighting endless wars, perhaps the U.S. will finally get it. Other countries aren't going to condone U.S actions by fighting forever in ineffectual wars, or in wars that are not nearly as relevent to them as they are to the U.S..

Moreover, it isn't just the Taliban. In Afghan., somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the country actually support the Taliban. Its hardly just a few hardened terrorists. What the U.S. fails to recognize is that it has lost huge chunks of support in Afghan. and around the Middle East.

just because (a nice made up %) of 33%-50% of people support the taliban doesnt mean it should be allowed.

good ol taliban...just a small example....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_treatment_of_women

Examples of punishments:

* In October 1996 a woman had the tip of her thumb cut off for wearing nail varnish.[9]

* In December 1996 Radio Shari’a announced that 225 Kabul women had been seized and punished for violating the sharia code of dress. The sentence was handed down by tribunal and the women were lashed on their legs and backs for their misdemeanor.[12]

* In March 1997 a married woman, from Laghman Province was caught attempting to flee the district with another man. The Islamic tribunal found her guilty of adultery and condemned both her and her lover to death by stoning.[13]

* In May 1997, 5 female CARE International employees with authorisation from the Ministry of the Interior to conduct research for an emergency feeding programme were forced from their vehicle by members of the religious police. The guards used a public address system to insult and harass the women before striking them with a metal and leather whip over 1.5 meters in length.[3]

* In 1999, a mother of five was executed in front of 30,000 spectators in Kabul’s Olympic stadium for the murder of her abusive husband. She was imprisoned for 3 years and extensively tortured prior to the execution, yet she refused to plead her innocence in a bid to protect her daughter, reportedly the actual culprit.[14]

* When a Taliban raid discovered a woman running an informal school in her apartment they beat the children, threw her down a flight of stairs causing her to break her leg, and then imprisoned her. They threatened to publicly stone her family if she didn't sign a declaration of loyalty to the Taliban and its laws

they follow Sharia Law....just read this.....excuse me for the source.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/08/top_ten_reasons_why_sharia_is.html
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    jlew24asu wrote:
    just because (a nice made up %) of 33%-50% of people support the taliban doesnt mean it should be allowed.

good ol taliban...just a small example....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_treatment_of_women

Examples of punishments:

* In October 1996 a woman had the tip of her thumb cut off for wearing nail varnish.[9]

* In December 1996 Radio Shari’a announced that 225 Kabul women had been seized and punished for violating the sharia code of dress. The sentence was handed down by tribunal and the women were lashed on their legs and backs for their misdemeanor.[12]

* In March 1997 a married woman, from Laghman Province was caught attempting to flee the district with another man. The Islamic tribunal found her guilty of adultery and condemned both her and her lover to death by stoning.[13]

* In May 1997, 5 female CARE International employees with authorisation from the Ministry of the Interior to conduct research for an emergency feeding programme were forced from their vehicle by members of the religious police. The guards used a public address system to insult and harass the women before striking them with a metal and leather whip over 1.5 meters in length.[3]

* In 1999, a mother of five was executed in front of 30,000 spectators in Kabul’s Olympic stadium for the murder of her abusive husband. She was imprisoned for 3 years and extensively tortured prior to the execution, yet she refused to plead her innocence in a bid to protect her daughter, reportedly the actual culprit.[14]

* When a Taliban raid discovered a woman running an informal school in her apartment they beat the children, threw her down a flight of stairs causing her to break her leg, and then imprisoned her. They threatened to publicly stone her family if she didn't sign a declaration of loyalty to the Taliban and its laws

they follow Sharia Law....just read this.....excuse me for the source.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/08/top_ten_reasons_why_sharia_is.html

this is a human rights and religion issue, not a military issue...
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    this is a human rights and religion issue, not a military issue...

what does that even mean?
  • Options
    spiral outspiral out Posts: 1,052
    jlew24asu wrote:

Lol are you serious?
    Keep on rockin in the free world!!!!

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    jlew24asu wrote:

that means there are routes and actions that can take place without military action being involved...

dictating change while pointing a gun is not the only way to get things done...
  • Options
    spiral out wrote:
    Lol are you serious?

LOL yes im serious. with sharia law, religion and military go hand in hard. you are so fucking annoying. stop replying to my posts.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    that means there are routes and actions that can take place without military action being involved...

You could take the action that your government is used to and arm the people who don't like the way their life is and give them intel and let them do the dirty work. Why waste good Cdn blood for this.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    absolutely not true. what are you going to do, ask them to stop?
    inmytree wrote:

reallly? how else do you confront Islamic extremism?
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    You could take the action that your government is used to and arm the people who don't like the way their life is and give them intel and let them do the dirty work. Why waste good Cdn blood for this.

I like that idea.