Options

Hezzbollah leader says "My Bad" on ordering the capture of 2 Isreali soldiers

2»

Comments

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    Dismissing my opinions as mere slander isn't very constructive ... Mostly because I could turn it around and do the same to you. You'd find it annoying, trust me!

I'm sure I would if it wasn't warranted. But saying that wanting to eliminate a regime is the same as destroying a country is wrong and even worse is to just say that he said "wipe Israel off the map" which is a blatant lie.

I'm not blaming you for it, the media are the liars. But if you continue to believe it now, then I guess that is your fault.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I'm sure I would if it wasn't warranted. But saying that wanting to eliminate a regime is the same as destroying a country is wrong and even worse is to just say that he said "wipe Israel off the map" which is a blatant lie.

I'm not blaming you for it, the media are the liars. But if you continue to believe it now, then I guess that is your fault.

And you wonder why people like Rumsfeld use phrases like "intellectually and morally confused".
  • Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    If its a weapon that kills, you bet the US had made it, and the Zionists have fired it!
    We know what you mean every time you say Zionist. Your saying Jew. Just say it already. Zionist is the chicken shit anti semite way of saying Jew when done in a hateful or accusatory way.
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    brianjd wrote:
    We know what you mean every time you say Zionist. Your saying Jew. Just say it already. Zionist is the chicken shit anti semite way of saying Jew when done in a hateful or accusatory way.

Calling someone a chicken shit must be the epitome of maturity.

Being a Zionist and Jew are not synonymous. Get over it already.

Main Entry: Jew
    Pronunciation: 'jü
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French ju, jeu, from Latin Judaeus, from Greek Ioudaios, from Hebrew YehudhI, from YehudhAh Judah, Jewish kingdom
    1 a : a member of the tribe of Judah b : ISRAELITE
    2 : a member of a nation existing in Palestine from the sixth century B.C. to the first century A.D.
    3 : a person belonging to a continuation through descent or conversion of the ancient Jewish people
    4 : one whose religion is Judaism
    http://m-w.com/dictionary/Jew

Main Entry: Zi·on·ism
    Pronunciation: 'zI-&-"ni-z&m
    : an international movement originally for the establishment of a Jewish national or religious community in Palestine and later for the support of modern Israel
    - Zi·on·ist /-nist/ adjective or noun
    - Zi·on·is·tic /"zI-&-'nis-tik/ adjective
    http://m-w.com/dictionary/Zionist

I argue that deffinition is a bit vague. I don't consider a Zionist in support of modern Israel. But rather someone who supports the Expansion of Israel into Palestine, Jordan and Sinai, as Zionism was originally intended. Redefining it as "support of modern Israel" makes anyone who opposes it's expansion anti-Semitic. A more appropriate term would be Israeli for "support of modern Israel". By that definition half the world are Zionists. No wonder you are so confused and MLK too.

Zionism
    a worldwide Jewish movement that resulted in the establishment and development of the state of Israel.

Was wrong, but it happened. Someone who is anti-Zionism isn't against modern Israel. They are against that type of ideology. Also being against an established state doesn't make a person anti-Jew. If Australians stole a chunk of land, would you call their opposers racist? If a mexican steals your house will you surrender it to the minority?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French ju, jeu, from Latin Judaeus, from Greek Ioudaios, from Hebrew YehudhI, from YehudhAh Judah, Jewish kingdom
    2 : a member of a nation existing in Palestine from the sixth century B.C. to the first century A.D.
    3 : a person belonging to a continuation through descent or conversion of the ancient Jewish people

: an international movement originally for the establishment of a Jewish national or religious community in Palestine and later for the support of modern Israel

I argue that deffinition is a bit vague. I don't consider a Zionist in support of modern Israel. But rather someone who supports the Expansion of Israel into Palestine, Jordan and Sinai, as Zionism was originally intended. Redefining it as "support of modern Israel" makes anyone who opposes it's expansion anti-Semitic. A more appropriate term would be Israeli for "support of modern Israel". By that definition half the world are Zionists. No wonder you are so confused and MLK too.

Zionism
    a worldwide Jewish movement that resulted in the establishment and development of the state of Israel.

Was wrong, but it happened. Someone who is anti-Zionism isn't against modern Israel. They are against that type of ideology. Also being against an established state doesn't make a person anti-Jew. If Australians stole a chunk of land, would you call their opposers racist? If a mexican steals your house will you surrender it to the minority?
    You own a dictionary. Next time you hit the book store try the History section its far more interesting then Reference
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Zionism

The United States probably should return the Plains and the Applachian states to the Native Americans and the Southwest and California to Mexico. So lets use your logic...Where do you live now? Hopefully not in those places because you will be looking for a new home. Maybe a nice flat in Tehran?
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    As a fellow human on this planet. I enjoy, actually relish, when I read a story like this and the hindsight that goes with it. With all the brains that supposedly lead countries on our globe. It never ceases to crack me up that there is too much hindsight on things that don't really amount to too much for the actual person but for all the suckers caught in the middle of the lack of sight.

Oh give me a break. He is now playing the role of a politician and trying to save face, nothing more nothing less. He doesnt care about Lebanon, he cares that he has some level of respect in Lebanon. And now that UN forces are being deployed and the official Lebanese govt is probably losing a sense of comfort with Hizbollah he is giving this sad sorrow story. Im sorry, I personally think Israel over reacted, and I have sympathy towards the Lebanese people caught in the middle of that mess, but dont try and sell me that a leader of a terrorist organization that underestimated his enemy some how validates him as a noble person.