Westboro Baptist Church will protest Amish Funerals.

truroutetruroute Posts: 251
edited October 2006 in A Moving Train
Comon some of you wannabe hardcore liberals. Please make an excuse for why these morons act the way, and do what they do.

Look on "both sides of the issue"


http://www.cnsnews.com/news/viewstory.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200610/NAT20061004a.html


A Kansas-based group that says "God hates fags" plans to picket the funerals of the Amish girls killed by a disturbed man in Lancaster County, Pa.

The Westboro Baptist Church -- described as a hate group by the Anti-Defamation League -- has made a name for itself by picketing the funerals of U.S. troops killed in Iraq. The troops are dying as punishment for America's tolerance of homosexuality, the group says.

The Westboro group says the Amish school girls were "killed by a madman in punishment for Gov. Ed Rendell's blasphemous sins against Westboro Baptist Church.

"Gov. Ed Rendell -- speaking and acting in his official capacity to bind the State of Pennsylvania -- slandered and mocked and ridiculed and condemned Westboro Baptist Church on national Fox TV," the group says on its website.

"Rendell also revealed a conspiracy to employ the State's police powers to destroy WBC in order to silence WBC's Gospel message. Co-conspirators identified by Rendell included state officials, citizens, lawyers, legislators and media," the website says.

Westboro Baptist Church said it is "continuing to pray for even worse punishment upon Pennsylvania."

A number of states have passed laws to keep groups like Westboro away from grieving families at funerals, but last month, a federal judge ruled that a Kentucky law barring protests within 300 feet of military funerals and memorial services is too broad and may not be enforced.

In other developments, the man who shot and killed five Amish schoolgirls apparently planned to sexually abuse them first, investigators said. But he apparently didn't get a chance: Charles Carl Roberts IV killed himself when police arrived on the scene.

Suicide notes left by Roberts indicate he was dreaming of molesting girls. He reportedly told his wife he had molested two young relatives 20 years ago - and wanted to do it again.

"It's very possible that he intended to victimize these children in many ways prior to executing them and killing himself," State Police Commissioner Jeffrey Miller said on Tuesday.

Roberts also indicated he was anguished over the death of a daughter who died shortly after birth nine years ago. In his notes, he said he was "filled with so much hate" and "unimaginable emptiness," but everyone who knew him said they never saw signs of his psychological distress.
Post edited by Unknown User on
«13

Comments

  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,688
    truroute wrote:
    Comon some of you wannabe hardcore liberals. Please make an excuse for why these morons act the way, and do what they do.

    Look on "both sides of the issue"


    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/viewstory.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200610/NAT20061004a.html


    A Kansas-based group that says "God hates fags" plans to picket the funerals of the Amish girls killed by a disturbed man in Lancaster County, Pa.

    The Westboro Baptist Church -- described as a hate group by the Anti-Defamation League -- has made a name for itself by picketing the funerals of U.S. troops killed in Iraq. The troops are dying as punishment for America's tolerance of homosexuality, the group says.

    The Westboro group says the Amish school girls were "killed by a madman in punishment for Gov. Ed Rendell's blasphemous sins against Westboro Baptist Church.

    "Gov. Ed Rendell -- speaking and acting in his official capacity to bind the State of Pennsylvania -- slandered and mocked and ridiculed and condemned Westboro Baptist Church on national Fox TV," the group says on its website.

    "Rendell also revealed a conspiracy to employ the State's police powers to destroy WBC in order to silence WBC's Gospel message. Co-conspirators identified by Rendell included state officials, citizens, lawyers, legislators and media," the website says.

    Westboro Baptist Church said it is "continuing to pray for even worse punishment upon Pennsylvania."

    A number of states have passed laws to keep groups like Westboro away from grieving families at funerals, but last month, a federal judge ruled that a Kentucky law barring protests within 300 feet of military funerals and memorial services is too broad and may not be enforced.

    In other developments, the man who shot and killed five Amish schoolgirls apparently planned to sexually abuse them first, investigators said. But he apparently didn't get a chance: Charles Carl Roberts IV killed himself when police arrived on the scene.

    Suicide notes left by Roberts indicate he was dreaming of molesting girls. He reportedly told his wife he had molested two young relatives 20 years ago - and wanted to do it again.

    "It's very possible that he intended to victimize these children in many ways prior to executing them and killing himself," State Police Commissioner Jeffrey Miller said on Tuesday.

    Roberts also indicated he was anguished over the death of a daughter who died shortly after birth nine years ago. In his notes, he said he was "filled with so much hate" and "unimaginable emptiness," but everyone who knew him said they never saw signs of his psychological distress.

    What does this have to do with liberals? Nothing. These people are pathetic, as are you for trying to turn this into a conservative-liberal debate.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,138
    What does this have to do with liberals? Nothing. These people are pathetic, as are you for trying to turn this into a conservative-liberal debate.
    Yeah. This is not a political issue. These people are evil scumbags. I would think any semi-intelligent person would understand this.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Anyone who pickets a funeral deserves a swift kick ...
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    cutback wrote:
    Yeah. This is not a political issue. These people are evil scumbags. I would think any semi-intelligent person would understand this.


    exactly.
    www.chicagophotoshop.com
    www.chicagophotoshop.com/forums
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Christ never prayed for bad things to happen to people or for persons to be punished. If Christ did not do it, it falls beyond the scope of the faith. This group (WBC) has completely left the Christian faith in the rearview mirror.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,554
    This group is not Christian. It would be like me saying that I'm an 8-year old girl. Just because I say it, doesn't make it so.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

    Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,213
    truroute wrote:
    Comon some of you wannabe hardcore liberals. Please make an excuse for why these morons act the way, and do what they do.

    Look on "both sides of the issue"


    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/viewstory.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200610/NAT20061004a.html


    A Kansas-based group that says "God hates fags" plans to picket the funerals of the Amish girls killed by a disturbed man in Lancaster County, Pa.

    The Westboro Baptist Church -- described as a hate group by the Anti-Defamation League -- has made a name for itself by picketing the funerals of U.S. troops killed in Iraq. The troops are dying as punishment for America's tolerance of homosexuality, the group says.

    The Westboro group says the Amish school girls were "killed by a madman in punishment for Gov. Ed Rendell's blasphemous sins against Westboro Baptist Church.

    "Gov. Ed Rendell -- speaking and acting in his official capacity to bind the State of Pennsylvania -- slandered and mocked and ridiculed and condemned Westboro Baptist Church on national Fox TV," the group says on its website.

    "Rendell also revealed a conspiracy to employ the State's police powers to destroy WBC in order to silence WBC's Gospel message. Co-conspirators identified by Rendell included state officials, citizens, lawyers, legislators and media," the website says.

    Westboro Baptist Church said it is "continuing to pray for even worse punishment upon Pennsylvania."

    A number of states have passed laws to keep groups like Westboro away from grieving families at funerals, but last month, a federal judge ruled that a Kentucky law barring protests within 300 feet of military funerals and memorial services is too broad and may not be enforced.

    In other developments, the man who shot and killed five Amish schoolgirls apparently planned to sexually abuse them first, investigators said. But he apparently didn't get a chance: Charles Carl Roberts IV killed himself when police arrived on the scene.

    Suicide notes left by Roberts indicate he was dreaming of molesting girls. He reportedly told his wife he had molested two young relatives 20 years ago - and wanted to do it again.

    "It's very possible that he intended to victimize these children in many ways prior to executing them and killing himself," State Police Commissioner Jeffrey Miller said on Tuesday.

    Roberts also indicated he was anguished over the death of a daughter who died shortly after birth nine years ago. In his notes, he said he was "filled with so much hate" and "unimaginable emptiness," but everyone who knew him said they never saw signs of his psychological distress.
    ...
    Please, explain what this has to do with the political Left?
    If anything, these guys represent the very extreme Right wing of Christianity... along the same lines as the Ku Klux Klan.
    ...
    you cannot politicize anything you want... I mean... you CAN. But, it ends up just making you look like an idiot.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    Watch out for the bait. Fred Phelps used to be a Gore supporter and is a registered Democrat.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,213
    RainDog wrote:
    Watch out for the bait. Fred Phelps used to be a Gore supporter and is a registered Democrat.
    ...
    George Wallace was a Democrat.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    What does this have to do with liberals? Nothing. These people are pathetic, as are you for trying to turn this into a conservative-liberal debate.

    Not really. With the trend of individuals on this board creating excuses for people going to extremes. I'm wondering what excuse or reason those individuals would come up with with this nut jobs.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,213
    truroute wrote:
    Not really. With the trend of individuals on this board creating excuses for people going to extremes. I'm wondering what excuse or reason those individuals would come up with with this nut jobs.
    ...
    You understand... extremes exist on both ends, right?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    Cosmo wrote:
    ...
    You understand... extremes exist on both ends, right?

    Of course.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    truroute wrote:
    Not really. With the trend of individuals on this board creating excuses for people going to extremes. I'm wondering what excuse or reason those individuals would come up with with this nut jobs.

    Given how many times I've read people on here making excuses for all sorts of bad behavior (especially from certain religious groups that shall go unnamed), I kinda see your point. I don't think you'll get many takers, though.
  • truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    Or do the "nut jobs" have to be Muslim before ppl start creating excuses for them when they do horrible, cruel, moronic things?
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,213
    truroute wrote:
    Or do the "nut jobs" have to be Muslim before ppl start creating excuses for them when they do horrible, cruel, moronic things?
    ...
    Who makes excuses for terrorists? Most people here argue against labeling ALL Arabs or Muslims as terrorists... the same way they would argue that not ALL Christians are like these Phelps assholes.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Anybody, especially a liberal knows that the Amish and Menanites are probably the closest thing that you can get to a gentile human being on the planet. I abhor assholes who think that because they live a simple lifestyle that they are somehow out of touch. St. Jacobs is one of the best places to visit and hang around in Ontario and that is Menanite country. You probably have never heard so many hellos in your life in one day until you drop by one of their living areas. So what does this have to do with a liberal. I guess the fact that we don't mind letting groups such as the one who are going to protest, look like fucking assholes and protest. Free country to make yourself look like a major jack-ass.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,445
    I can't stand those stupid WBC fuckers. Did anyone see the video where the interviewer hit on Fred Phelps?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,688
    I can't stand those stupid WBC fuckers. Did anyone see the video where the interviewer hit on Fred Phelps?

    No, I would love to see that. Do you have a link?
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    Cosmo wrote:
    ...
    George Wallace was a Democrat.

    So is Robert Byrd...and others in there now who support the Klansmen.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,213
    zstillings wrote:
    So is Robert Byrd...and others in there now who support the Klansmen.
    ...
    Which proves that extremist views and political party affiliation is not an absolute. That's the point we are both making, right?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    Cosmo wrote:
    ...
    Which proves that extremist views and political party affiliation is not an absolute. That's the point we are both making, right?

    100% correct.
  • wow... that church is full of sick bastards.... if they have such a problem with Rendell, shouldn't they be protesting at events that he is at, not at some amish funeral.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Here is an explanation for you. I'll try to put it in the best words I can.

    This is a misguided group of individuals. 80% or more of their organization are related. That implies to me that their views are primarily the result of family brainwashing. At some point a single member of their family tree conjured these radicals perspectives and taught them to their children as the basis of Christianity.

    Over time a few in solidarity joined the Phelps in their religious radicalism. But it mostly boils down to an inherited belief system. Look up Prussian Blue for another example of this type of thing. This phenomena can also be compared to Muslim Extremism.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    Cosmo wrote:
    ...
    Which proves that extremist views and political party affiliation is not an absolute. That's the point we are both making, right?

    The reason i singled out liberals in the first post is because they are the ones on this board that always jump to the defense of 'freedom-fighters', 'terrrrrrists', suicide bombers....err i mean freedom fighters w/ no other options....and the like.

    Not trying to start a "political debate", more of a "i want to understand why you think the way you do because to me you sound like you're trying extremely hard to impress ppl on this board" debate. *whew*
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,688
    truroute wrote:
    The reason i singled out liberals in the first post is because they are the ones on this board that always jump to the defense of 'freedom-fighters', 'terrrrrrists', suicide bombers....err i mean freedom fighters w/ no other options....and the like.

    Not trying to start a "political debate", more of a "i want to understand why you think the way you do because to me you sound like you're trying extremely hard to impress ppl on this board" debate. *whew*

    I've yet to see anyone here defend a "terrrrrist"
  • truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    I've yet to see anyone here defend a "terrrrrist"

    Hmmm. Maybe you dont read the same thread i do.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,688
    truroute wrote:
    Hmmm. Maybe you dont read the same thread i do.

    No. You just IMPLY that people are defending the terrorists because they don't agree with you.
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    truroute wrote:
    Hmmm. Maybe you dont read the same thread i do.

    Often times people take my statements like that above as a defense to the people in question.

    Personally, I dislike all religion, expecially radical religions like the Phelps. I'm just trying to make some sense out of it. Rather than calling them labels and running a brush of evil paint across them, I try to figure out the root of their motivation. By no means to I support their church.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,688
    I can't stand those stupid WBC fuckers. Did anyone see the video where the interviewer hit on Fred Phelps?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF5mfG0vO8o
  • truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    No. You just IMPLY that people are defending the terrorists because they don't agree with you.

    When people give reason and rational as to why others kidnap/blowup/ decapitate/ bomb/ whatever. I dont think i have to IMPLY jackshit.
Sign In or Register to comment.