Options

do you honestly think that the world will be better in the future?

yotan18yotan18 Posts: 103
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
the world isn't going to be any better.

whether it be 10-100 years from now...

i don't think so.

some people fight to make this world a better place, and i SALUTE them for that, but honestly, this world is going down.

do you agree or disagree???
"The Day of Redemption is at hand! Repent, and thou shall be saved..." - A. Ventura

"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie" - T. Montana
---
"Yeah i know... sounds stupid." Aldrin said.

#18 INC forever
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    As long as PJ keeps making new albums and going on tours, the world is destined to be a better place.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    As long as PJ keeps making new albums and going on tours, the world is destined to be a better place.

you caught me there! :D
    "The Day of Redemption is at hand! Repent, and thou shall be saved..." - A. Ventura

---

#18 INC forever
  • Options
    The world will always have problems. As long as the entire world isn't turned into some fucking Sharia state, things could be worse.
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    at the rate we are going, no. it seems it will have to get pretty bad before people are willing to make an effort.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I think that once human beings are wiped off the face of the Earth, this planet has a shot.
  • Options
    enharmonic wrote:
    I think that once human beings are wiped off the face of the Earth, this planet has a shot.

Agreed. Duty to have kids? Bullshit.
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I want it to be but I'm afraid that it won't.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    good question. but kind of vague, as everyone has different meanings of better. some may look at technological advances as better, some may see them as being worse.

are we better off now, than 100 years ago?
  • Options
    good question. but kind of vague, as everyone has different meanings of better. some may look at technological advances as better, some may see them as being worse.

are we better off now, than 100 years ago?
    Depends. White, rich, upper/middle class, religious straight people are no better off.
  • Options
    yotan18 wrote:

i don't think so.

some people fight to make this world a better place, and i SALUTE them for that, but honestly, this world is going down.

...This is how I feel. I think the world is pretty much how it's always been. It's always been riddled with wars and someone trying to conquer and rule the world....it just happens to be the U.S. who's attempting that right now. I'm sure they'll get close before being taken down then someone else can have their turn.

Actually, the only difference I see between now and any other time in recorded history is the state of the planet. It's really fucking scary. I'm sure it will be turned around, but likely not until a few major disasters.
  • Options
    It's always been riddled with wars and someone trying to conquer and rule the world....it just happens to be the U.S. who's attempting that right now.

LOL, if we wanted to conquer the world it would already be done.
  • Options
    PickrPickr Posts: 161
    LOL, if we wanted to conquer the world it would already be done.

Yea...that makes sense...seems the only reason you guys can continue this fight for freedom is because you have allies...You can barely handle Iraq yet think taking the world would be no problem.

Hope you were joking.
    Stix and Stones may break my bones, but More than Words will never hurt me.
  • Options
    Pickr wrote:
    Yea...that makes sense...seems the only reason you guys can continue this fight for freedom is because you have allies...You can barely handle Iraq yet think taking the world would be no problem.

Hope you were joking.
    I hope he was joking too because it's very far from the truth. America is an enemy to the world with only a few allies that matter.

The only way America could conquer the world (besides nuking every continent but North America) would be if the greedy motherfuckers helped all of us lower class get rich off of war. The only people behind this war are the ones profitting somehow. If we all profit, we'd all be behind it. I mean, personally, I wouldn't, but the majority certainly would. We're a greedy people and can live with justifying just about anything to get gain.
  • Options
    "You can barely handle Iraq"

cause we're pussy footing around.

we'll send chuck norris into B.C and have you singing the star spangled banner before dinnertime if you keep up that talk.
  • Options
    The atrocities of today just seem to be reported better (and that's quantity not quality) than those of yesterday. Otherwise I think we've been on the straight and narrow since the renaissance.
  • Options
    What is your plan for Iraq? Nuke it? Kill every man in sight? The moron in charge could really use some help.
  • Options
    "You can barely handle Iraq"

cause we're pussy footing around.

we'll send chuck norris into B.C and have you singing the star spangled banner before dinnertime if you keep up that talk.
    lmao....I saw Chuck on Yes, Dear the other day. It was very funny. Maybe we are pussy footing around, but even if we weren't Iraq wouldn't be a simple task. Conquering the world would definitely require a draft and I for one would follow Chuch to B.C.
  • Options
    Pickr wrote:
    What is your plan for Iraq? Nuke it? Kill every man in sight? The moron in charge could really use some help.
    The 'decider' certainly needs help but the arrogant prick won't ever admit it and would never listen to anyone but dickless cheney.
  • Options
    The 'decider' certainly needs help but the arrogant prick won't ever admit it and would never listen to anyone but dickless cheney.

Or daddy.
  • Options
    I disagree, except in the case of the environment. That is getting worse, but the awareness and precautions people take now are much greater than they've ever been.

But anyways, I disagree because of history. If you look back through human history, you see constant improvement...it's slow, but it's improving. 100 years ago, there was no such thing as civil rights laws, women's rights, environmental concerns...nothing. And go back 100 years before that, black people were enslaved. Etc. etc. I'm speaking from an American perspective obviously, but the same is true for much of the world as well.

So I'm pretty optimistic about the future. I think people are getting smarter and are more aware of our mutual problems. It's a slow process, but it's happening.
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    progress, not perfection.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Saturnal wrote:
    I disagree, except in the case of the environment. That is getting worse, but the awareness and precautions people take now are much greater than they've ever been.

But anyways, I disagree because of history. If you look back through human history, you see constant improvement...it's slow, but it's improving. 100 years ago, there was no such thing as civil rights laws, women's rights, environmental concerns...nothing. And go back 100 years before that, black people were enslaved. Etc. etc. I'm speaking from an American perspective obviously, but the same is true for much of the world as well.

So I'm pretty optimistic about the future. I think people are getting smarter and are more aware of our mutual problems. It's a slow process, but it's happening.

things have only gotten worse in this century, starting in 1914. violence, disease, starvation, if you want to throw in the natural disaster some of which man has no doubt contributed towards. these things have always been taking place. the difference is, in this century it has been on a world-wide scale, unprecedented

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    things have only gotten worse in this century, starting in 1914. violence, disease, starvation, if you want to throw in the natural disaster some of which man has no doubt contributed towards. these things have always been taking place. the difference is, in this century it has been on a world-wide scale, unprecedented

I still don't see that. If you asked a woman or a black person or a factory worker working 12 hours a day or a Ludlow miner whether they'd rather live in today's world, or prior to 1914, I think every one of them would choose to live in today's world. Today's world is no picnic, but it's comparably better than it was in 1914. Violence, disease, and starvation have always been happening on a worldwide scale.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i honestly don't know...but i certainly think it's possible. we as humans, and all species..continue to evolve...also, with time comes advancements, etc. so personally, i guess i still believe it's probably we wil continue this cycle...and get 'better' with time.

angelica wrote:
    progress, not perfection.

exactly. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    Unless, of course, you believe in that one story of the ark and the flood....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    have you seen mad max?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Saturnal wrote:
    I still don't see that. If you asked a woman or a black person or a factory worker working 12 hours a day or a Ludlow miner whether they'd rather live in today's world, or prior to 1914, I think every one of them would choose to live in today's world. Today's world is no picnic, but it's comparably better than it was in 1914. Violence, disease, and starvation have always been happening on a worldwide scale.

uhh, yeah...if you asked anyone in this country (except poor, homeless etc.) i believe they would choose the present. but that's due to more than just the things you pointed out...technology, which makes everybodys live easier (except when it's used to kill) would be one huge reason. i guess some people just don't see the extent that these things are happening, or they choose to ignore them until they are personally touched or affected.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    yotan18 wrote:

i don't think so.

The world will be a better place. I believe it is a better place now than 100 years ago. And will again be a better place 100 years from now.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    Pickr wrote:

Hope you were joking.

yup, i agree. ^^^ hope no one invades our country, because i think we don't have a shot.

---

#18 INC forever