Options

Do you think WPB and Tampa will sell out? 10c and overall?

2»

Comments

• Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    And it looks like PJ enjoys us pasty-ies. Enjoy the last couple PJ shows in your state.

You are from Long Island, why are you talking trash? You guys booed Pearl Jam and are the home of Sean Hannity and Bill O'reilly.

They'll play MSG but they won't play Nassau County again.
  • Options
    gohike wrote:
    The reason PJ doesn't play the south is because of low attendance and lack of demand. Sure there are a few PJ die hards that want to see them play in Fla, but the fact remains they don't sell the tickets there! I believe it was Stone who acknowledged this during the last tour. Eddie's solo presale tickets sold out in minutes. A full PJ show in two cities (West Palm and Tampa) are still on the 10c site 2 hours and 15 minutes after they went on sale? This alone speaks volumes about the market. Florida fans, stock up on your frequent flyer miles because after this go around, that's how you are going to travel to see them play!

relax, we got frequent flyer miles already from seeing all those kick ass NY shows too. The east coast has all the class but I really am stoked for this Icna just hope that there is hurricane swell running up the EC near the last week of June too
    (-;
    04-22-92
    08-04-92
    03-28-94
    08-09-00
    08-27-00
    04-13-03
    06-12-08

"maybe it me or it maybe you"
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    Maybe they simply shouldn't play crappy arenas like the St Pete Times Forum...

There are other venues around Tampa to play that offer a much better sound and concert experience, and would easily sell out.

Let's face it, PJ isn't the same draw as they were 10 years ago, yet they book the largest concert venue around...

I would much rather pay a little more to see them in a better setting.

Personally, I will be fine, as my 10C number will put me in the "good seats" - but if I had to buy general public seats in a large venue, I would just stay home if I had to sit in the back or in the nosebleed sections.

Buy that's just my opinion and the northern geniuses around here can line up to tell me how wrong I am...however, if you do so, please get your grandparents out of my state and keep them for the winter....or at least teach them to drive the speed limit and turn off their fucking turn signals...

:)
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    And it looks like PJ enjoys us pasty-ies. Enjoy the last couple PJ shows in your state.

They enjoy your money. I assure you, they enjoy the beach more than a concrete jungle.

Only a fool would think otherwise.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    neither will sell out....

and due to poor attendance in the south(again)....

these will be the last pearl jam shows the south will ever see.......
    The south sucks
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    The south sucks

Says the kid from Utah.
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    Says the kid from Utah.

Yeah, but he can have a dozen wives!!!!
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    You are from Long Island, why are you talking trash? You guys booed Pearl Jam and are the home of Sean Hannity and Bill O'reilly.

They'll play MSG but they won't play Nassau County again.

And the south elected Bush. Whats your point.
    And for the record I didnt boo him. And to come to NY for the first time after 9/11 and playing for a crowd where ALOT of people knew people who died in the attacks, are you surprised people got offended?

And if I wanted to I could name some people who are from the south who, hopefully, you would be embarassed by.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Scuba200ft wrote:
    Oh yeah, northern shows are great. Hundreds of drunk people yelling "pissah" and bouncing off you like some dumb ass mosh pit from 1992. Nothing like an arena full of alcoholic city trash with some false sense of entitlement.

Nah, I'll take a show and hungover next day at the beach anytime. That is, if you can find some tranquility among the pasty white New jers/york/Bostonites that invade like albino cockroaches.
    defense. mechanism.
  • Options
    Scuba200ft wrote:
    Oh yeah, northern shows are great. Hundreds of drunk people yelling "pissah" and bouncing off you like some dumb ass mosh pit from 1992. Nothing like an arena full of alcoholic city trash with some false sense of entitlement.

Just curious, Scuba Steve - exactly how many New York or Boston shows have you been to? You seem very bitter - aren't you beach types supposed to be laid back? What's with all this hostility? Did you have a bad experience at a "northern" show?
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Just curious, Scuba Steve - exactly how many New York or Boston shows have you been to? You seem very bitter - aren't you beach types supposed to be laid back? What's with all this hostility? Did you have a bad experience at a "northern" show?
    i think someone stole his surfboard.
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Yeah, he is defensive cause Florida is the worst state ever. If someone just sawed it off, I fucking would be so happy.
  • Options
    Yeah, he is defensive cause Florida is the worst state ever. If someone just sawed it off, I fucking would be so happy.

Dumb little pothead loser.

Our future leaders. I weep.
  • Options

Rutherford twice in 06, Borgata 2 nites, MSG 3 times, Jones beach ( Beach...LOL, thats some beach).

Multiple fights at both Rutherfords, and 2 nights at MSG. No issues at Borgata, because the lowlife local scum couldnt afford it.

I dont have a bitter bone in my body, just call it as I see it. And, I dont drop in on MSG show threads to discuss how great I am and how the north sucks.

There's a reason Florida is and has been the fastest growing state for the better part of 30 years. Its a great place to be. New York/New Jersey, etc...Is a cesspool. Most that live there will tell you the exact same thing. Except for the Iroc driving locals who think stickball should be in the olympics.

People want to know why PJ shows dont sell out as fast here? Because unlike your concrete pits, there's better things to do. And, when you announce a tour 5 days before the tickets go on sale, and its scheduled smack dab in the middle of Summer, thats what happens.

So while your feeling sorry for us Floridians, I will be going to the shows in WPB and Tampa. Will be in my boat in Tampa on June 18th, going around the state, and on to the Bahamas for half of June and all of July.

Poor me, so hostile.
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    78j
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Well bad for PJ/management, but good for a non 10c member hoping for a chance to get tickets. :p
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    Scuba200ft wrote:
    Will be in my boat in Tampa on June 18th, going around the state, and on to the Bahamas for half of June and all of July.
    quote]

need an assistant?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    You people crack me up. Are you making these threads to drive me nuts?

See my last 80 posts.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i am happy that they are playing florida.....we want to take a family vacation. daughter gets to visit disney world, mama and papa get to see pj show. daughter, mama, and papa get to walk on beach together.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    SBC03 wrote:
    Scuba200ft wrote:
    Will be in my boat in Tampa on June 18th, going around the state, and on to the Bahamas for half of June and all of July.
    quote]

need an assistant?

Would love to have more, but with the wife and kids, we're pretty well full!
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Scuba200ft wrote:
    SBC03 wrote:

Would love to have more, but with the wife and kids, we're pretty well full!

Need a nanny?! ;):D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i am happy that they are playing florida.....we want to take a family vacation. daughter gets to visit disney world, mama and papa get to see pj show. daughter, mama, and papa get to walk on beach together.
    NICE!!!

we did the Disney thing in 04 for the kissimmee show...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    If you are gonna do Disney in June, better start drinking Gatorade now!

Its a little warm in Orlando in the Summer. Parks aren't too busy though, so its cool.
  • Options
    NICE!!!

we did the Disney thing in 04 for the kissimmee show...
    nice, indeed....

wren is a princess junkie.......and i must admit, belle is fun to look at (for a cartoon, of course)
  • Options
    Scuba200ft wrote:
    If you are gonna do Disney in June, better start drinking Gatorade now!

Its a little warm in Orlando in the Summer. Parks aren't too busy though, so its cool.
    thanks for the information.....i can tear up some gatorade. it would almost be unamerican of me to not drink gatorade in the state it was created.(keith jackson is cool, best voice ever)
  • Options
    Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    Maybe if PJ didn't fucking play 2 hours from the large metropolitan areas, it would be better. People have work the next day. Why not play Miami like Springsteen and U2 do? Miami is full of fans, but they go to WPB all the time and its a painful drive, especially in rush hour.

"ya'll need to seriously chill. Florida is horrible for attendance at entertainment events (see Florida Marlins -2 WS Rings too) ."

Blame the shitty stadium and the fact ownership cares about $$$ instead of winning. Firesales kill fanbases.